Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Yup, it's ruined.

+8
othershoe1030
PBulldog2
Yella
TEOTWAWKI
Sal
Joanimaroni
gulfbeachbandit
Hospital Bob
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51Yup, it's ruined. - Page 3 Empty Re: Yup, it's ruined. 7/14/2012, 6:53 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sorry Ghost....I had no clue what you meant.

52Yup, it's ruined. - Page 3 Empty Re: Yup, it's ruined. 7/14/2012, 8:15 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:Sorry Ghost....I had no clue what you meant.

Not a problem, I could probably have worded it a little better so as not to cause any confusion.

53Yup, it's ruined. - Page 3 Empty Re: Yup, it's ruined. 7/15/2012, 12:29 am

ghandi wrote:Nothing is ruined.
Was it ruined when the germans bombed Pearl Harbor? No.
We kicked their asses all the way back to tokyo.

Pearl Harbor was in ruins AFTER the Japanese bombed PH. It took a long long time to defeat Germany and Japan.

54Yup, it's ruined. - Page 3 Empty Re: Yup, it's ruined. 7/15/2012, 5:20 am

Admin

Admin

...so...are you all saying that you feel that if some sort of central governing authority were to enact quality control, we would reach a more optimal discussion environment?

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com

55Yup, it's ruined. - Page 3 Empty Re: Yup, it's ruined. 7/15/2012, 8:13 am

Admin wrote:...so...are you all saying that you feel that if some sort of central governing authority were to enact quality control, we would reach a more optimal discussion environment?

delete me please

56Yup, it's ruined. - Page 3 Empty Re: Yup, it's ruined. 7/15/2012, 9:22 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Admin wrote:...so...are you all saying that you feel that if some sort of central governing authority were to enact quality control, we would reach a more optimal discussion environment?
I think you should contact Brother Carl and ask him to moderate the forum.
Brother C don't cotton to no profanity and he'll tear these profaners a new one. After he's through em they'll think twice about ever profaning again.

57Yup, it's ruined. - Page 3 Empty Re: Yup, it's ruined. 7/15/2012, 11:14 am

I hate censorship. Having said that, when multiple people say the "shit" has hit the fan and they want to leave this forum (see thread title), AND when one poster is the one that baits, escalates confrontations when provoked, steps over the level of propriety (vulgarity, offering bounties), the admin has a choice.

That choice IMHO is to watch the forum sink into obscurity by doing nothing or let posters know they have stepped over the line. It could be warnings through PMs all the way to banishment. I hope it doesn't have to go to banishment, but that's an option.

58Yup, it's ruined. - Page 3 Empty Re: Yup, it's ruined. 7/15/2012, 1:20 pm

Yes, there are going to be some people like Ghandi and one other who cannot operate within the bounds of human decency.Bounties, intimidation and really vulgar threads should not be an acceptable form of freedom of speech where most people find it offensive.There are other forums where these kinds of people can associate w/ people like them.You are going to wind up w/ a forum where criminal cyberbullying is the norm and legal liabilities may ensue if one of these unstable characters go too far.

59Yup, it's ruined. - Page 3 Empty Re: Yup, it's ruined. 7/15/2012, 1:24 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Yomama wrote:

I hate censorship. Having said that, when multiple people say the "shit" has hit the fan and they want to leave this forum (see thread title), AND when one poster is the one that baits, escalates confrontations when provoked, steps over the level of propriety (vulgarity, offering bounties), the admin has a choice.That choice IMHO is to watch the forum sink into obscurity by doing nothing or let posters know they have stepped over the line. It could be warnings through PMs all the way to banishment. I hope it doesn't have to go to banishment, but that's an option.

I have to agree. There needs to be at least a minimal level of moderation to counter-act posters who exercise no self-control.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

60Yup, it's ruined. - Page 3 Empty Re: Yup, it's ruined. 7/15/2012, 1:40 pm

Chrissy8 wrote:

delete me please

Good start!

61Yup, it's ruined. - Page 3 Empty Re: Yup, it's ruined. 7/17/2012, 2:53 pm

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Edit:: post is below

Last edited by PBulldog2 on 7/17/2012, 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

62Yup, it's ruined. - Page 3 Empty Re: Yup, it's ruined. 7/17/2012, 3:04 pm

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

PBulldog2 wrote:

Yes, I do.

There's no need to moderate for ideas, politics, religions, arguments, name-calling, "who likes who", "whose feelings were hurt", and so on.

Posts that should be moderated are those such as the recent one made by Gandhi when he offered cash for the identities of Sal and olddaze. How are you to know that some lurker here might just take him up on it? And then what? Somebody gets injured, or even shot? As a result of a forum issue??????

My God, we'd probably all get pulled into court. Mad

I think this is a far cry from the other threat I remember, which was for two women to meet at a donut shop and throw donuts at each other, or somesuch.

I think someone should carefully pick and choose which posts, if any, need deletion. So that it won't be a one-man choice, you may need other volunteer mods now and then. I'll help if you need me.

I really don't want to run off anymore of these folks, but that seems to be what I did with Ghandi. I got down in the dirt and played the only way he new how: I fought fire with fire.I think I can carefully rise out up from this mud now. and wash all that black stuff off of my face~

63Yup, it's ruined. - Page 3 Empty Re: Yup, it's ruined. 7/17/2012, 4:33 pm

Dreamsglore wrote:

Yes, there are going to be some people like Ghandi and one other who cannot operate within the bounds of human decency.Bounties, intimidation and really vulgar threads should not be an acceptable form of freedom of speech where most people find it offensive.There are other forums where these kinds of people can associate w/ people like them.You are going to wind up w/ a forum where criminal cyberbullying is the norm and legal liabilities may ensue if one of these unstable characters go too far.

Dunno. Ghandi behaved himself over at that trashy paper forum because he knew what the end result was if he acted out. He acts up here because he knows he can get away with his BS. I enjoy reading some of the insults he spews but using certain words like cunt or f*ck, are a turn off. I think Ghandi is doing better since he started taking that new coo coo medicine. We can certainly tell when he's not taking it lol! Basketball

64Yup, it's ruined. - Page 3 Empty Re: Yup, it's ruined. 7/17/2012, 4:36 pm

PBulldog2 wrote: and wash all that black stuff off of my face~

That helps get rid of flies too. Jest thought you might want to know, PB. cheers

65Yup, it's ruined. - Page 3 Empty Re: Yup, it's ruined. 7/17/2012, 5:22 pm

PBulldog2 wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:

Yes, I do.

There's no need to moderate for ideas, politics, religions, arguments, name-calling, "who likes who", "whose feelings were hurt", and so on.

Posts that should be moderated are those such as the recent one made by Gandhi when he offered cash for the identities of Sal and olddaze. How are you to know that some lurker here might just take him up on it? And then what? Somebody gets injured, or even shot? As a result of a forum issue??????

My God, we'd probably all get pulled into court. Mad

I think this is a far cry from the other threat I remember, which was for two women to meet at a donut shop and throw donuts at each other, or somesuch.

I think someone should carefully pick and choose which posts, if any, need deletion. So that it won't be a one-man choice, you may need other volunteer mods now and then. I'll help if you need me.

I really don't want to run off anymore of these folks, but that seems to be what I did with Ghandi. I got down in the dirt and played the only way he new how: I fought fire with fire.I think I can carefully rise out up from this mud now. and wash all that black stuff off of my face~

Well, actually PB it was Salinsky that ran him off. You helped some but Salinsky got his dander. He got just as vulgar as he did and I think it was a shock to ol stupid Ghandi.LOL!

66Yup, it's ruined. - Page 3 Empty Re: Yup, it's ruined. 7/17/2012, 6:44 pm

no stress

no stress

What is it about the C word that sends women into the stratosphere? I've seen them called all kinds of names on here and they shrug it off but when the C word is thrown up its like the nuclear option and they go absolutely signal 25 .

67Yup, it's ruined. - Page 3 Empty Re: Yup, it's ruined. 7/17/2012, 8:07 pm

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Gunz wrote:What is it about the C word that sends women into the stratosphere? I've seen them called all kinds of names on here and they shrug it off but when the C word is thrown up its like the nuclear option and they go absolutely signal 25 .

What a stupid question. And you claim to "know" women?

EDIT: Go greet some of your women friends in the morning by saying "Hi, "C"!

Use the slang word, though. See what responses you get, and then let us know.

What a Face

68Yup, it's ruined. - Page 3 Empty Re: Yup, it's ruined. 7/17/2012, 10:32 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Gunz,

To really appreciate it, I think you have to be one of a group of people who've been put down and sterotyped bad and both in an ignorant way.
With blacks it's nigger. With my group it's fag. And with women it's cunt.
In each case those words represent something that it's hard for someone who's never been on the shit end of it to really understand. Words like that become more than just another profanity. They sort of take on something bigger and uglier than just being a word.

69Yup, it's ruined. - Page 3 Empty Re: Yup, it's ruined. 7/17/2012, 11:08 pm

no stress

no stress

PBulldog2 wrote:
Gunz wrote:What is it about the C word that sends women into the stratosphere? I've seen them called all kinds of names on here and they shrug it off but when the C word is thrown up its like the nuclear option and they go absolutely signal 25 .

What a Face

Okay. If I greet them with" Hi Bitch " or "good morning asshole" or maybe "hey there you fatass" then everything is cool but if I say hi cunt then all bets are off? Just wondering why only that word sets them off. Sorry if you read it as a stupid question. I would think that all of those greetings would tend to piss them off equally.

70Yup, it's ruined. - Page 3 Empty Re: Yup, it's ruined. 7/17/2012, 11:09 pm

no stress

no stress

ButtMan wrote:Gunz,

To really appreciate it, I think you have to be one of a group of people who've been put down and sterotyped bad and both in an ignorant way.
With blacks it's nigger. With my group it's fag. And with women it's cunt.
In each case those words represent something that it's hard for someone who's never been on the shit end of it to really understand. Words like that become more than just another profanity. They sort of take on something bigger and uglier than just being a word.

Thanks Bob for the non condescending response

71Yup, it's ruined. - Page 3 Empty Re: Yup, it's ruined. 7/17/2012, 11:40 pm

Gunz wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:

What a Face

Okay. If I greet them with" Hi Bitch " or "good morning asshole" or maybe "hey there you fatass" then everything is cool but if I say hi cunt then all bets are off? Just wondering why only that word sets them off. Sorry if you read it as a stupid question. I would think that all of those greetings would tend to piss them off equally.

Nah, the "C" word carries w/ it certain connotations that are beyond just regular insults.

72Yup, it's ruined. - Page 3 Empty Re: Yup, it's ruined. 7/18/2012, 1:46 am

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Gunz wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:

What a Face

Oh, noooo....You really should try what I recommended. If she's cooking, wear a pan over your head, too.

73Yup, it's ruined. - Page 3 Empty Re: Yup, it's ruined. 7/18/2012, 4:26 am

no stress

no stress

Nope. I respect my best friend too much for that foolishness.

74Yup, it's ruined. - Page 3 Empty Re: Yup, it's ruined. 7/18/2012, 5:56 am

Slicef18

Slicef18

That probably is because the "C" word only has one single best purpose. Yet two different visual images.
Example: A young boy asked his grandpa what a vagina looked like. The old man thought for a moment and said, "Well son, before sex it's the most beautiful thing to behold. It's like the lilies of the valley, and tulips in the meadow, all in one." The boy looked at his grandpa and said, "How about after sex grandpa?" Without hesitation the old man said, "It looks like a bulldog eating mayonnaise."

And that is why the "C" word is so offensive.

75Yup, it's ruined. - Page 3 Empty Re: Yup, it's ruined. 7/18/2012, 8:02 am

no stress

no stress

Slicef18 wrote:

That probably is because the "C" word only has one single best purpose. Yet two different visual images.
Example: A young boy asked his grandpa what a vagina looked like. The old man thought for a moment and said, "Well son, before sex it's the most beautiful thing to behold. It's like the lilies of the valley, and tulips in the meadow, all in one." The boy looked at his grandpa and said, "How about after sex grandpa?" Without hesitation the old man said, "It looks like a bulldog eating mayonnaise."

And that is why the "C" word is so offensive.

Priceless!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum