Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tennessee repukes sponsor bill against gays

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/03/12/tennessee-bill-allows-christian-counselors-to-reject-suicidal-lgbt-students/

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Dreamsglore wrote:http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/03/12/tennessee-bill-allows-christian-counselors-to-reject-suicidal-lgbt-students/

This article is confusing to me. This Julea Ward was a student and yet somehow was expected to counsel a LGBT student?

That being said, if people go into counseling and presumably end up with Master's Degrees they should be well educated enough in the science of psychology to understand the dynamics of various sexual orientations or if not at least be able to help LGBT students whether or not the approve of their lifestyle, otherwise they are not really professional.

Surely they must understand from the beginning that these sorts of situations are likely to present themselves and perhaps decide to pursue another career if this is so impossible for them? It's like a surgeon being squeamish about the sight of blood. Give me a break. Surprise! There are LGBT students here!

According the The Tennessean, the bill was inspired by Julea Ward, a Christian student who was expelled from Eastern Michigan after she refused to “engage in gay-affirming counseling” by helping an LGBT student who wanted to be treated for depression in 2009. Arizona has already passed a law based on the case. Similar bills have also been proposed by lawmakers in Michigan and Georgia.

othershoe1030 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/03/12/tennessee-bill-allows-christian-counselors-to-reject-suicidal-lgbt-students/

This article is confusing to me. This Julea Ward was a student and yet somehow was expected to counsel a LGBT student?

That being said, if people go into counseling and presumably end up with Master's Degrees they should be well educated enough in the science of psychology to understand the dynamics of various sexual orientations or if not at least be able to help LGBT students whether or not the approve of their lifestyle, otherwise they are not really professional.

Surely they must understand from the beginning that these sorts of situations are likely to present themselves and perhaps decide to pursue another career if this is so impossible for them? It's like a surgeon being squeamish about the sight of blood. Give me a break. Surprise! There are LGBT students here!

According the The Tennessean, the bill was inspired by Julea Ward, a Christian student who was expelled from Eastern Michigan after she refused to “engage in gay-affirming counseling” by helping an LGBT student who wanted to be treated for depression in 2009. Arizona has already passed a law based on the case. Similar bills have also been proposed by lawmakers in Michigan and Georgia.

To me,it's just like a pharmacist refusing to dispense the morning after pill because of his beliefs. WTH!

burp@

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Dreamsglore wrote:
To me,it's just like a pharmacist refusing to dispense the morning after pill because of his beliefs. WTH!

Exactly, they are both in the wrong line of work.

othershoe1030 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Like PD said, they answer to a higher power.

I wonder if they would hire a virgin to teach college level course on Human Sexuality...?

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Roddy wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Like PD said, they answer to a higher power.

I wonder if they would hire a virgin to teach college level course on Human Sexuality...?

He could probably fake it if he did enough research on line! But that would fit with their thinking I guess?

polecat

polecat

Just because I believe states should have the right to define marriage in a traditional way does not make me a bigot.”

–Marco Rubio

No, Marco, it makes you a Xristian Xrazie homophobic bigot.

polecat wrote:
Just because I believe states should have the right to define marriage in a traditional way does not make me a bigot.”

–Marco Rubio

No, Marco, it makes you a Xristian Xrazie homophobic bigot.

Your tolerance seems to be lacking...

Tennessee repukes sponsor bill against gays Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTaQU0joisU-CkmfZpoHe3tXORyBxEII7iwONZGz6AFNklR3oKb

So what does this say about liberal Dummycrat's like you who support granting special privileges to a specific minority group instead of granting marriage rights to all mature companions?

Bigot!

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR4sm66SfsA

Twisted Evil

othershoe1030 wrote:

Tennessee repukes sponsor bill against gays Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYPKQS-dEwrqZLRZxg2MCYBse4syOb8VbdQolKv-mp92etsrmbKQ

So that highlighted red area in your statement I'm quoting here means that you are willing to accept ALL sexual orientations of mature willing companions?... Right! Like I believe that!

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dW6aNAZGTM

Laughing

Damaged Eagle wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

Tennessee repukes sponsor bill against gays Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYPKQS-dEwrqZLRZxg2MCYBse4syOb8VbdQolKv-mp92etsrmbKQ

So that highlighted red area in your statement I'm quoting here means that you are willing to accept ALL sexual orientations of mature willing companions?... Right! Like I believe that!

*****CHUCKLE*****

Laughing

Are you that dumb? Do you see where I made a statement? I've already told you I'm not going down that sister effing road w/ you. I am not willing to accept that "all sexual orientations" crap. What don't you understand about that?

Are you that dumb? Do you see where I made a statement? I've already told you I'm not going down that sister effing road w/ you. I am not willing to accept that "all sexual orientations" crap. What don't you understand about that?

Did you notice he vanished when that pervert tracker showed up, and now he's back since they left the forum.

Isn't that odd...?

Howyadoin... wrote:Are you that dumb? Do you see where I made a statement? I've already told you I'm not going down that sister effing road w/ you. I am not willing to accept that "all sexual orientations" crap. What don't you understand about that?

Did you notice he vanished when that pervert tracker showed up, and now he's back since they left the forum.

Isn't that odd...?

It is. LOL!

Dreamsglore wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

*****CHUCKLE*****

Laughing

Tennessee repukes sponsor bill against gays Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTaQU0joisU-CkmfZpoHe3tXORyBxEII7iwONZGz6AFNklR3oKb

The only idiot here is you and your hypocritical demands that your sexual orientation be recognized while you deny other sexual orientations the same rights. Your discrimination and prejudice are obviously without bounds so long as you refuse to accept that all sexual preferences of mature willing companions deserve the same rights.

Bigot!

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR4sm66SfsA

Twisted Evil

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 3/16/2013, 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Howyadoin... wrote:Are you that dumb? Do you see where I made a statement? I've already told you I'm not going down that sister effing road w/ you. I am not willing to accept that "all sexual orientations" crap. What don't you understand about that?

Isn't that odd...?

Tennessee repukes sponsor bill against gays Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrPe799nGZc7-z8eN6fTROFhyzXKHfRg1897nHv1W-ZJpN3jsI

Like you should talk about perversion... I have a real life unlike people like you who sit in your underwear in front of a computer in your momma's basement all day.

Did she get those donuts and Doritos that you wanted her to get for you after she wiped your butt?

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CyPkPwE2fU

Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum