Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ACA discriminates against gays

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1ACA discriminates against gays Empty ACA discriminates against gays 8/10/2014, 11:21 pm

It forces them to buy contraception and maternity coverage they will not ever need. What say you Democrats? Isn't this as stupid as making Nuns and Priests buy the same coverage?

Everyone should get it by now. Results are irrelevant... it's the intent that must resonate. I feel better already.

2seaoat

I am forced to buy a car which has air bags and seat belts. I may not want the same. Snap..........what stellar logic. Results are irrelevant. As is logic for some.

bizguy

I am forced to buy a car which has air bags and seat belts.

Bad example. Unlike the older health insurance policies, older cars (without seat belts and airbags) are still available in the marketplace and are legal to purchase.

Sal

Sal

bizguy wrote:I am forced to buy a car which has air bags and seat belts.

Bad example. Unlike the older health insurance policies, older cars (without seat belts and airbags) are still available in the marketplace and are legal to purchase.

Yeah, a better parallel might be the interstate highway system or public education.

"Why do I have to pay for it if I live on a dirt road and never travel?"

"Why do I have to pay for it if I don't have any kids?"

Because you are part of a nation whose prosperity depends on efficient transport of goods and services and at least a minimally educated work force, and if you want to share in that prosperity, those are the dues.

That's why.

Nope.

2seaoat

Wrong answer. You forgot that nothing has to be purchased. If somebody does not want seat belts and air bags, they always have the option to buy nothing and pay a small penalty. Logic is simple.

A penalty wouldn't have passed the scotus... remember? Thank you justice roberts.

2seaoat

Wrong answer. You pay a penalty on early withdrawal from your retirement of 10% and that is additional tax. Some people can walk and chew gum, and two words can have the same result. Justice Roberts is brilliant and has integrity. However, those who purvey faulty concepts need to band together and argue that congress cannot assess a penalty on early withdrawals from qualified plans. Such pedestrian logic. Never a doubt who would grab that worm.

bizguy

2seaoat wrote:Bad example. Unlike the older health insurance policies, older cars (without seat belts and airbags) are still available in the marketplace and are legal to purchase.

Wrong answer.  You forgot that nothing has to be purchased.  If somebody does not want seat belts and air bags, they always have the option to buy nothing and pay a small penalty.   Logic is simple.

Try to keep up with your own argument. You're the one that stated you will be "forced" to purchase the car with seat belts and air bags.  With the car you have the option to purchase with or without seat belts and airbags. Not so with health insurance. Your only options are to purchase coverages you don't need/want or purchase nothing and pay the penalty tax.

11ACA discriminates against gays Empty Re: ACA discriminates against gays 8/11/2014, 10:38 am

gatorfan

bizguy wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Bad example. Unlike the older health insurance policies, older cars (without seat belts and airbags) are still available in the marketplace and are legal to purchase.

Wrong answer.  You forgot that nothing has to be purchased.  If somebody does not want seat belts and air bags, they always have the option to buy nothing and pay a small penalty.   Logic is simple.

Try to keep up with your own argument. You're the one that stated you will be "forced" to purchase the car with seat belts and air bags.  With the car you have the option to purchase with or without seat belts and airbags. Not so with health insurance. Your only options are to purchase coverages you don't need/want or purchase nothing and pay the penalty tax.  

LOL! I found that curious too, 2SO is simply contradicting himself. Again.

12ACA discriminates against gays Empty Re: ACA discriminates against gays 8/11/2014, 11:02 am

2seaoat

Nobody has to buy health insurance......nobody. If you do not buy, you pay a small penalty. Nobody has to keep their money in their qualified plan.......nobody. If you do withdraw before 59.5 without an exclusion, you pay a small penalty. This is not rocket science.

13ACA discriminates against gays Empty Re: ACA discriminates against gays 8/11/2014, 11:05 am

2seaoat

LOL! I found that curious too, 2SO is simply contradicting himself. Again.

What contradiction. If you buy a new car, you are going to get seat belts. You have no choice.

14ACA discriminates against gays Empty Re: ACA discriminates against gays 8/11/2014, 11:08 am

Seatbelt apply
To everyone, birth control and contraceptives do not.

15ACA discriminates against gays Empty Re: ACA discriminates against gays 8/11/2014, 11:12 am

gatorfan

2seaoat wrote:LOL! I found that curious too, 2SO is simply contradicting himself. Again.

What contradiction.  If you buy a new car, you are going to get seat belts.  You have no choice.

Your statement: "I am forced to buy a car which has air bags and seat belts."

No one can "force" you to buy a new car. The government is "forcing" everyone to either buy health insurance (some with coverages they will never use) or pay a penalty. If you choose not to buy a new car you are not penalized.

¿entiendes ahora?

16ACA discriminates against gays Empty Re: ACA discriminates against gays 8/11/2014, 12:49 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

When you have a group policy at work, everyone counts...some are old, some are young, some are women, some are gay. Does one person's particular medical needs are different from others'. That's how group policies work...or are supposed to work...but I've seen too many people fired when they got sick to have much faith in employer-based health insurance.

2seaoat

I've seen too many people fired when they got sick to have much faith in employer-based health insurance.

I have seen small business destroyed with just a few in their group with major illness. The disconnect from business will allow business to flourish. Medicare for all is the destination......it is just a matter of time.

bizguy

Medicare for all is the destination......it is just a matter of time.

How would you change the premium structure in order to provide cradle to grave Medicare coverage ?

2seaoat

How would you change the premium structure in order to provide cradle to grave Medicare coverage ?

I have stated many times that mere payroll deductions will not be able to finance medicare for all. You need to have a consumption sales tax which applies to all. Liberals will say the sales tax is regressive. Conservatives will say that it will kill jobs and depress the economy. However, medicare for all will allow us to finally take on drug prices in America. President Obama made a pact with the Devil when big Pharm only made a 10 billion cut, when a trillion is necessary in current American drug prices.

We need to pay for medicare for all. It must be an 80/20 system still requiring supplemental private health insurance premiums. We need every American to contribute, and every American to understand that waste and duplication will not be tolerated. I have seen too many sad stories the last six years to see any other solution. We can and must do better.

Pipedream

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum