Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Final approach to forum moderation

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

I am no longer going to get involved in the drama that probably 5% of this forum participates in. Don't send me any PMs that relate to your personal drama. They will be deleted. No more requests to delete threads that contain your personal info. Those threads will stay up.

If you don't want to be involved in forum drama and having your personal info posted here, then don't participate in it. 95% of the forum is capable of doing this.

I'm going to follow through on one more thread deletion request, and then that's it. You are on your own and will basically reap what you sow. If this is too much to handle, it may be best that you find another forum that has a moderator that is willing to be drawn into your world of drama. This is no longer that forum.

2seaoat

People only need to make the simple choice not to participate or read the forum. Their problems will go away......and for the rest of us who enjoy learning and discussing issues, it will be a great relief to stop this constant immature drama about basically nothing. The sad thing is that it appears that many really constructive posters have left because of a handful of folks who think bad behavior is normal....it is not.

knothead

knothead

I agree with and support your decision . . . . . the drama has, in my case, caused me to not post quite as much but that's my problem. Good call!

Wow, just looked at the ASK THE MOD page. Missed all the fireworks. It still really revolves around ONE certain poster that has a problem with most everyone else. It's almost like he has a spinner with each of our names posted and then starts stuff with whomever the spinner tells him to start it with. I did find it entertaining though.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

There are about 5 posters who either start drama, or who stoke drama, along with a handful of others who participate in it, but only minimally/occasionally. These same folks behaved the same way over at the PNJ forum the whole time it was up. They brought it with them when they came over here. Nothing is going to change these people, so I can see why Will has taken his current moderation stance.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

knothead

knothead

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:There are about 5 posters who either start drama, or who stoke drama, along with a handful of others who participate in it, but only minimally/occasionally. These same folks behaved the same way over at the PNJ forum the whole time it was up. They brought it with them when they came over here. Nothing is going to change these people, so I can see why Will has taken his current moderation stance.

Civility is out of fashion for many here . . . .

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:There are about 5 posters who either start drama, or who stoke drama, along with a handful of others who participate in it, but only minimally/occasionally. These same folks behaved the same way over at the PNJ forum the whole time it was up. They brought it with them when they came over here. Nothing is going to change these people, so I can see why Will has taken his current moderation stance.

Well there are two things that the PNJ forum and this one have(had) in common. Both lacked consistent moderation. Posters at PNJ and here know that they are able to get away with anything. Since Eric and PB have taken over at http://pensacoladaily.forumotion.com/login, there is absolutely none of this type of drama going on. Some of the posters over there are the same drama queens that reside here. So it really boils down to moderation or lack thereof in this case.

Why not just immediately permanently ban anyone that breaks the few fundamental rules?

Threats, Disclosing/exploiting personal info... that's all I've got right now. Natural selection... a self cleaning gene pool.

boards of FL

boards of FL

I may have to start. My main point is that I'm getting tired of PMs from people demanding that I do A) B) and C), as if I am their personal concierge that is here to take a side in their forum beef.

boards of FL wrote:I may have to start. My main point is that I'm getting tired of PMs from people demanding that I do A) B) and C), as if I am their personal concierge that is here to take a side in their forum beef.

The manager of this establishment is not responsible for the crack dealers and thugs running the day to day operations of his bid'nes into the ground, be they legal or otherwise.

Please don't spit on the floor, unless it's to remove the blood from your wounded mouth.

Any penalties exacted for bad behavior will not be retro-active, as the fallout would be devastating, and the results would prove counter-intuitive to the reasons for existing.

Form the firing circle and pick a gun. The un-indicted co-conspirators will fire first because their weapons are loaded w/ blanks. The others may fire at will, but may not opt out of their obligation to duty. Anyone caught not firing will be summarily returned to indoctrination and forced to repeat the program.

That is all.

Signed,

Epstein's Mother

boards of FL wrote:I may have to start. My main point is that I'm getting tired of PMs from people demanding that I do A) B) and C), as if I am their personal concierge that is here to take a side in their forum beef.

Banning is a waster of time as they just come back as someone else. It never worked on the PNJ.

Dreamsglore wrote:

Banning is a waster of time as they just come back as someone else. It never worked on the PNJ.

He can ban the IP, and as I understand, it takes a lot more effort to return.

Why bother unless the banning was a complete act of revenge...a ramping up of an already unfair situation...a pre-existing condition, as it were....?

If I try to post anon, I will be hounded by the usual suspects, accused of dodging my name.

If I try to post using my real ID, I will be hounded by the the same folk, but without another step involved.

meh....

Change your tactics WTM and nobody will have a clue....

talknstang

i agree, people should be able to have a good debate and be somewhat civil and considerate of others peoples opinions. That is what makes America great....we are allowed to speak our minds, but Keep it tactful and interesting without being hateful. I know i started a topic that was sensitive to some and that is understandable, but my intent was not to discredit and point fingers at others. I love nothing more than a great discussion on a heated topic and i was somewhat satisfied with the results. I appreciate this forum. Thanks

talknstang wrote:i agree, people should be able to have a good debate and be somewhat civil and considerate of others peoples opinions. That is what makes America great....we are allowed to speak our minds, but Keep it tactful and interesting without being hateful. I know i started a topic that was sensitive to some and that is understandable, but my intent was not to discredit and point fingers at others. I love nothing more than a great discussion on a heated topic and i was somewhat satisfied with the results. I appreciate this forum. Thanks

You started a perverted topic. The fact that it went so well only proves there are lots of perverts here.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum