This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Bad things happen........a cool approach is necessary...we have a sociopath nominee

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Morning Joe.......Republicans are flabbergasted that Mitt Romney is so incredibly stupid. Deeply unserious response......it was a desperate response.......deeply unhonest..........Americans are looking for judicious President who can tell the truth, not this clueless flip flopping liar......can any American have any doubts about this man now.

Mitt Romney leads a counter demonstration at Stanford encouraging further war in Viet Nam.....he graduates and loses his student deferment and should have been available to be drafted, but he runs to France....not for a year....not for two years.......but for three years.......he has shown his character, repeatedly, and nobody is surprised when he shows his cowardly character. Mitt Romney is a coward and an evil person. Our brave patriots who are shining examples of American courage are not even in the ground and this POS is desperate to gain political advantage spews lies and inappropriate innuendo.......Mitt when this country needs you to have courage and support this country and the brave men and woman who have died in your place......please have the common decency to have discretion and wait to people are buried before you pull your usual routine.

View user profile

Guest


Guest
2seaoat wrote:Morning Joe.......Republicans are flabbergasted that Mitt Romney is so incredibly stupid. Deeply unserious response......it was a desperate response.......deeply unhonest..........Americans are looking for judicious President who can tell the truth, not this clueless flip flopping liar......can any American have any doubts about this man now.

Mitt Romney leads a counter demonstration at Stanford encouraging further war in Viet Nam.....he graduates and loses his student deferment and should have been available to be drafted, but he runs to France....not for a year....not for two years.......but for three years.......he has shown his character, repeatedly, and nobody is surprised when he shows his cowardly character. Mitt Romney is a coward and an evil person. Our brave patriots who are shining examples of American courage are not even in the ground and this POS is desperate to gain political advantage spews lies and inappropriate innuendo.......Mitt when this country needs you to have courage and support this country and the brave men and woman who have died in your place......please have the common decency to have discretion and wait to people are buried before you pull your usual routine.


Since you were of draft age during Vietnam, what did you do and do you have proof? For all we know, you were dodging the draft while chasing hookers and going to titty bars on Cervantes. I guess during the day you were building your fortune that allowed you to retire in your 50s and continually harass us here on the forum. Draft dodgers of your era are a dime a dozen. Draft dodger.

I registered for the draft at 16. I was a high school soph. when I registered. My draft card had a high school student deferment. I graduated from high school and had a 1a status. I received a 305 draft number. I did not seek a student deferment. I was 1a and they were not going beyond 175 as the war was being wound down. I did not go to any pro war demonstrations or anti war demonstrations.....and try to hide in France. Romney is five years my senior and the war was heating up when he ran to France......the war was winding down when I graduated, and I think one person out of my high school class got drafted. I had worked since I was 15 and had saved enough to pay the first year and a half of my college.....without a dime of contribution from anyone.......so I was not forced by economics to seek employment in the military, and I had the opportunity to get a great education and graduated from college in 2 and 1/2 years as I took classes from 9am to 5pm, because I neither had a silver spoon nor a whole lot of options. I am proud of my choices, but maybe you are right.....maybe I am jealous that mommy and daddy could not pay for a three year vacation in France.....nope....I am a better person for the difficult journey.....it shaped my character......and it shaped Mitt Romney's character.

View user profile
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Morning Joe.......Republicans are flabbergasted that Mitt Romney is so incredibly stupid. Deeply unserious response......it was a desperate response.......deeply unhonest..........Americans are looking for judicious President who can tell the truth, not this clueless flip flopping liar......can any American have any doubts about this man now.

Mitt Romney leads a counter demonstration at Stanford encouraging further war in Viet Nam.....he graduates and loses his student deferment and should have been available to be drafted, but he runs to France....not for a year....not for two years.......but for three years.......he has shown his character, repeatedly, and nobody is surprised when he shows his cowardly character. Mitt Romney is a coward and an evil person. Our brave patriots who are shining examples of American courage are not even in the ground and this POS is desperate to gain political advantage spews lies and inappropriate innuendo.......Mitt when this country needs you to have courage and support this country and the brave men and woman who have died in your place......please have the common decency to have discretion and wait to people are buried before you pull your usual routine.


Since you were of draft age during Vietnam, what did you do and do you have proof? For all we know, you were dodging the draft while chasing hookers and going to titty bars on Cervantes. I guess during the day you were building your fortune that allowed you to retire in your 50s and continually harass us here on the forum. Draft dodgers of your era are a dime a dozen. Draft dodger.

Where were you in the 1960s? Still wearing Pampers, I presume. I had a student deferment in 1970, too; but I was looking for a way in at the same time. That is when I learned of the USMC PLC Program. I signed up at the end of 1971 and went to Quantico for my first summer of training in June of 1972. Active duty 1975. Since I happen to be a vet, is it okay if I echo Seaoat's rant about Romney's hypocrisy back then?

Here is Romney... Chickenhawk extraordinare... Wanting to double down on defense spending if he gets elected, while cutting taxes and the deficit all at once. He will never deliver on those promises-as reality will smack him in the face if he gets to the White House (doubtful). Oh, he wants to attack Iran, too... I already called him a Chickenhawk, didn't I?

View user profile http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com
2seaoat wrote:I registered for the draft at 16. I was a high school soph. when I registered. My draft card had a high school student deferment. I graduated from high school and had a 1a status. I received a 305 draft number. I did not seek a student deferment. I was 1a and they were not going beyond 175 as the war was being wound down. I did not go to any pro war demonstrations or anti war demonstrations.....and try to hide in France. Romney is five years my senior and the war was heating up when he ran to France......the war was winding down when I graduated, and I think one person out of my high school class got drafted. I had worked since I was 15 and had saved enough to pay the first year and a half of my college.....without a dime of contribution from anyone.......so I was not forced by economics to seek employment in the military, and I had the opportunity to get a great education and graduated from college in 2 and 1/2 years as I took classes from 9am to 5pm, because I neither had a silver spoon nor a whole lot of options. I am proud of my choices, but maybe you are right.....maybe I am jealous that mommy and daddy could not pay for a three year vacation in France.....nope....I am a better person for the difficult journey.....it shaped my character......and it shaped Mitt Romney's character.

Forgive me, in 1969 I was required to register for the draft at the age of 18. I still have my card.....maybe you could register at 16 years old, but, why? Why not join if you were so gung-ho?

View user profile
I can only tell you that I graduated from High school in June 1970. I registered with fellow classmates at 16 at our local draft board. When I received my draft card it had a 1s status. I graduated in June and by early summer I was sent a 1a draft card, but during that summer.....I do not recall exactly when, I found out my draft number was 305. I was not gung ho. I was not anti war. I was beginning to read more, and my beliefs were in transition from when I had a gung ho teacher who I respected who was in the reserves while I was in Junior high, and then having a Russian History teacher and sociology teacher who had us asking questions. I only knew one of my classmates who was drafted. Honestly, I was working over 70 hours a week that summer not thinking about foreign affairs, but coeds and how I was going to pay or my college.

When I got to college, I had classes with vets who had some pretty strong opinions one way or the other. I listened and by 1973 when the war was officially declared over......I was glad, and believed that we did make mistakes, but I still believed that America must project force to defend critical zones of American interest. My changed attitude was not that power should not be used, but that we needed to do a better job of defining what is in our national interests. A civil war was not necessarily an expansion of a monolithic communist threat......but perhaps I did not live in France and learn my wines and cheese.....so maybe I am just an uncouth peon who worked his way through school.....but I do Know I like Silver Oak.....and that winery is in California.

View user profile

Guest


Guest
2seaoat wrote:e......please have the common decency to have discretion and wait to people are buried before you pull your usual routine.

Did you feel this way when BHO and his administration spiked the football over OBL endangering troops and future operations? I do agree Romney looked like an idiot for leaping at this but it just confirms politicians would eat their young to get votes. What a world.

I didn't know until today that Romney protested in favor of the Vietnam War when he himself avoided the draft. But I just did the googling to confirm that it's all true.

View user profile

Guest


Guest
are we gathered here to share ideas as to whether romney is a sociopath or evil? or what?

I can't abide draft dodgers who rally support for others to go fight the wars they themselves refuse to fight.
I don't know if that qualifies someone to be a "psychopath" but it does make him a "chickenhawk" and for me it's the height of hypocrisy.



Last edited by Bob on 9/13/2012, 5:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

View user profile
Bob wrote:I can't abide draft dodgers who rally support for others to go fight the wars they themselves refuse to fight.
I don't know if that qualifies someone to be a "psychopath" but for me it's the height of hypocrisy.

I thought it was just SOP for Repuke politicians.

View user profile
Bob wrote:I can't abide draft dodgers who rally support for others to go fight the wars they themselves refuse to fight.
I don't know if that qualifies someone to be a "psychopath" but it does make him a "chickenhawk" and for me it's the height of hypocrisy.

Common, Bob....Romney was the son of a prominent Establishment politician. He wasn't about to become cannon fodder on the battlefields of Vietnam.

You can bet that all of Romney's blather about attacking Iran is being influenced by the same NeoCON chickenhawks who drove the militant foreign policy of George W. Bush.

View user profile http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com
PkrBum wrote:are we gathered here to share ideas as to whether romney is a sociopath or evil? or what?


Most already know the answer . . . .

View user profile

Guest


Guest
Bob wrote:I can't abide draft dodgers who rally support for others to go fight the wars they themselves refuse to fight.
I don't know if that qualifies someone to be a "psychopath" but it does make him a "chickenhawk" and for me it's the height of hypocrisy.

When was the last politician to fight in a war he started?

Guest


Guest
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Bob wrote:I can't abide draft dodgers who rally support for others to go fight the wars they themselves refuse to fight.
I don't know if that qualifies someone to be a "psychopath" but it does make him a "chickenhawk" and for me it's the height of hypocrisy.

Common, Bob....Romney was the son of a prominent Establishment politician. He wasn't about to become cannon fodder on the battlefields of Vietnam.

You can bet that all of Romney's blather about attacking Iran is being influenced by the same NeoCON chickenhawks who drove the militant foreign policy of George W. Bush.

McCain did....he could have used his father's influence to keep him out of harms way. He did not. For that he got 6 years in the Hanoi Hilton.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

When was the last politician to fight in a war he started?
I guess it would be the one who has a restaurant named after him on the corner of Palafox and Zarragossa.

View user profile

Guest


Guest
Bob wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

When was the last politician to fight in a war he started?
I guess it would be the one who has a restaurant named after him on the corner of Palafox and Zarragossa.

...and....who would that be?

Guest


Guest
knothead wrote:
PkrBum wrote:are we gathered here to share ideas as to whether romney is a sociopath or evil? or what?


Most already know the answer . . . .

oh... well which one is worse? i'm not sure if every sociopath is evil... or if evil people are sociopaths.

but it's clear that which ever one is worse... that's what a life long republican thinks romney is.

i'm not even sure that there's much difference between romney/obama right/left anymore.

i'll just sit here and listen to seaoat talk to himself at great length... it's how he learns us.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

...and....who would that be?
Here's a clue. It's the high falutin'est restaurant in pensacola (i.e. the highest prices). And the dude it was named after was once the principle figure in a little government celebration that took place in the public square across the street from the restaurant.

View user profile
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Morning Joe.......Republicans are flabbergasted that Mitt Romney is so incredibly stupid. Deeply unserious response......it was a desperate response.......deeply unhonest..........Americans are looking for judicious President who can tell the truth, not this clueless flip flopping liar......can any American have any doubts about this man now.

Mitt Romney leads a counter demonstration at Stanford encouraging further war in Viet Nam.....he graduates and loses his student deferment and should have been available to be drafted, but he runs to France....not for a year....not for two years.......but for three years.......he has shown his character, repeatedly, and nobody is surprised when he shows his cowardly character. Mitt Romney is a coward and an evil person. Our brave patriots who are shining examples of American courage are not even in the ground and this POS is desperate to gain political advantage spews lies and inappropriate innuendo.......Mitt when this country needs you to have courage and support this country and the brave men and woman who have died in your place......please have the common decency to have discretion and wait to people are buried before you pull your usual routine.


Since you were of draft age during Vietnam, what did you do and do you have proof? For all we know, you were dodging the draft while chasing hookers and going to titty bars on Cervantes. I guess during the day you were building your fortune that allowed you to retire in your 50s and continually harass us here on the forum. Draft dodgers of your era are a dime a dozen. Draft dodger.

Where were you in the 1960s? Still wearing Pampers, I presume. I had a student deferment in 1970, too; but I was looking for a way in at the same time. That is when I learned of the USMC PLC Program. I signed up at the end of 1971 and went to Quantico for my first summer of training in June of 1972. Active duty 1975. Since I happen to be a vet, is it okay if I echo Seaoat's rant about Romney's hypocrisy back then?

Here is Romney... Chickenhawk extraordinare... Wanting to double down on defense spending if he gets elected, while cutting taxes and the deficit all at once. He will never deliver on those promises-as reality will smack him in the face if he gets to the White House (doubtful). Oh, he wants to attack Iran, too... I already called him a Chickenhawk, didn't I?

Cute try.

Governor did not "run off to France" to escape the draft. A major part of the Mormon faith is that the young men commit to 2-3 years as a missionary. All of Governor Romney's sons did the same thing. How may young men make such a commitment today to serve their country AND their faith. They live sparse existence, much of their basics are provided by members of the church and community. They do not know where they will be going and have a crash course in the language of their assigned country.

I am an Episcopalian but have had scores missionaries to my home for dinner over the years. I've prayed with them, socialized with them and only wish we had a million times as many people of faith with such commitment.

View user profile
Nice try. I have been to Nauvoo three or four times. I have good friends who are mormons, and for you to try to tell us that a three year commitment to a mission is normal......well it is simply a lie. I too have seen many dedicated and hard working young mormons who take......ONE year to TWO years. At Nauvoo, there are literally hundreds of kids working for a year in their mission, and when I lived in Saltillo Mexico in 1975 I went to Language school with Mormons who doing their mission.....again without exception one year to two year, but yes, I have never heard of three years, and during the Viet Nam War they realized they had a problem with draft dodgers exploiting missions.

Mitt Romney cannot act like he was CO with the counter demonstration encouraging other young men to die in Viet Nam, and then find God and let some other young man go in his place because he abused both his religion and the draft. He showed his character. A skunks stripes do not disappear, and three year missions in France are not normal......unless you are running from your duties......which would be fine if there was no counter demonstration, or you were not beating the drum to go to war in Iran. The other interesting thing is most of the kids I met in Mexico were self funded, and were only doing a year mission. This was the same at Nauvoo. They were guides, and were paying or things themselves. In Mexico they were raising rabbits in their compound and eating rabbits because these kids were not rich kids and they had to pay for their survival while on mission. This idea that a kid could ask their parents for money to go live in France for three years is probably where he gets the idea that kids can get loans for college by asking their parents......this man is living in a bubble........and that bubble is simply evil and wrong for America.

View user profile

Guest


Guest
Even for a non believer like me, Nauvoo is a special place.

Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Morning Joe.......Republicans are flabbergasted that Mitt Romney is so incredibly stupid. Deeply unserious response......it was a desperate response.......deeply unhonest..........Americans are looking for judicious President who can tell the truth, not this clueless flip flopping liar......can any American have any doubts about this man now.

Mitt Romney leads a counter demonstration at Stanford encouraging further war in Viet Nam.....he graduates and loses his student deferment and should have been available to be drafted, but he runs to France....not for a year....not for two years.......but for three years.......he has shown his character, repeatedly, and nobody is surprised when he shows his cowardly character. Mitt Romney is a coward and an evil person. Our brave patriots who are shining examples of American courage are not even in the ground and this POS is desperate to gain political advantage spews lies and inappropriate innuendo.......Mitt when this country needs you to have courage and support this country and the brave men and woman who have died in your place......please have the common decency to have discretion and wait to people are buried before you pull your usual routine.


Since you were of draft age during Vietnam, what did you do and do you have proof? For all we know, you were dodging the draft while chasing hookers and going to titty bars on Cervantes. I guess during the day you were building your fortune that allowed you to retire in your 50s and continually harass us here on the forum. Draft dodgers of your era are a dime a dozen. Draft dodger.

Where were you in the 1960s? Still wearing Pampers, I presume. I had a student deferment in 1970, too; but I was looking for a way in at the same time. That is when I learned of the USMC PLC Program. I signed up at the end of 1971 and went to Quantico for my first summer of training in June of 1972. Active duty 1975. Since I happen to be a vet, is it okay if I echo Seaoat's rant about Romney's hypocrisy back then?

Here is Romney... Chickenhawk extraordinare... Wanting to double down on defense spending if he gets elected, while cutting taxes and the deficit all at once. He will never deliver on those promises-as reality will smack him in the face if he gets to the White House (doubtful). Oh, he wants to attack Iran, too... I already called him a Chickenhawk, didn't I?

Cute try.

Governor did not "run off to France" to escape the draft. A major part of the Mormon faith is that the young men commit to 2-3 years as a missionary. All of Governor Romney's sons did the same thing. How may young men make such a commitment today to serve their country AND their faith. They live sparse existence, much of their basics are provided by members of the church and community. They do not know where they will be going and have a crash course in the language of their assigned country.

I am an Episcopalian but have had scores missionaries to my home for dinner over the years. I've prayed with them, socialized with them and only wish we had a million times as many people of faith with such commitment.


How convenient and the timing was priceless!

View user profile
I recommend that people take a road trip vacation in retirement. Nauvoo is an exceptional experience. You can visit Carthage Illinois where the Smith brothers were shot, and there is this great family style restaurant which is in Nauvoo across from where the temple was which is way cool and a great stop. Also, I was a geology minor in college, and I would travel to Keokuk Iowa which is just down the Mississippi from Nauvoo, and on the other side of the river is a place called Hamilton Illinois where you can walk the streambeds which feed the Mississippi and find these incredible Geodes which are basically a piece of limestone which has been rounded by stream flow and has the texture on the outside of almost a brain pattern, but the interior of the geode has been attacked by carbonic acid which has crystalized the interior. You take a hammer and carefully crack these round geodes open to expose beautiful crystals. My prized possession is a perfectly hollow geode with a natural hole which you can play life a flute. I have not been back in that area for years, but it was a great weekend trip to visit Nauvoo and then walk the creeks and streams looking for Geodes in Hamilton.

View user profile
PkrBum wrote:are we gathered here to share ideas as to whether romney is a sociopath or evil? or what?


Some folks here would agree that being a sociopath is nowhere near as bad as being a socialist.

View user profile http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum