Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Scientific American says you should be very very afraid of drones...

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/cross-check/2013/02/16/why-drones-should-make-you-afraid-very-afraid/

The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency is funding research on
“micro-drones” that resemble moths, hummingbirds and other small flying
creatures and hence can “hide in plain sight,” as one Air Force
researcher told me. The Air Force is now testing micro-drones at
facilities such as the “micro-aviary” at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base
in Dayton, Ohio.
*These micro-drones could be armed. The Air Force has produced an extrordinarily creepy animated video extolling
possible applications of “Micro Air Vehicles,” which a narrator extols
as “unobtrusive, pervasive, lethal.” The video shows winged drones
swarming out of the belly of a plane and descending on a city, where the
drones stalk and kill a suspect.

2Scientific American says you should be very very afraid of drones... Empty , 2/19/2013, 12:52 am

surfnrg

surfnrg

Power corrupts....absolute power corrupts absolutely

They are creating a LOT of jobs though....

2seaoat

I guess I need to be a little more careful what I catch in my butterfly net.....

... and mouth breathing.

cool1

cool1

I had to go back and read it again---a moth---so if we see 2 moths fighting then we know what is going on Laughing This is crazy a moth , Laughing and most police officers want this -- Laughing close your windows tight that next bug you may see trying to get it could be a drone--I will just step on it Rolling Eyes

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This time you're giving us a heads up on something that really does matter.
The potential scenarios with this shit rival anything that's been done with science fiction. Including the ones which have technology putting us into a full-out police state.
Me no like it. At all. That's WAY too much power and control in the hands of the "authorities".

cool1

cool1

Bob wrote:This time you're giving us a heads up on something that really does matter.
The potential scenarios with this shit rival anything that's been done with science fiction. Including the ones which have technology putting us into a full-out police state.
Me no like it. At all. That's WAY too much power and control in the hands of the "authorities".

I agree Mad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum