Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lapierre: "Be Afraid, Be Very, Very Afraid'

+2
boards of FL
Sal
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

Latino gangs, Al Qaeda, Hurricanes, Tornadoes, Riots, the Collapse of Civilization, Obama, Oh My!!

This guy is a fucking lunatic ...

“Latin American drug gangs have invaded every city of significant size in the United States. Phoenix is already one of the kidnapping capitals of the world, and though the states on the U.S./Mexico border may be the first places in the nation to suffer from cartel violence, by no means are they the last.”

“The president flagrantly defies the 2006 federal law ordering the construction of a secure border fence along the entire Mexican border. So the border today remains porous not only to people seeking jobs in the U.S., but to criminals whose jobs are murder, rape, robbery and kidnapping.”

“Ominously, the border also remains open to agents of al Qaeda and other terrorist organizations. Numerous intelligence sources have confirmed that foreign terrorists have identified the southern U.S. border as their path of entry into the country.”

“A heinous act of mass murder—either by terrorists or by some psychotic who should have been locked up long ago—will be the pretext to unleash a tsunami of gun control.”

“After Hurricane Sandy, we saw the hellish world that the gun prohibitionists see as their utopia. Looters ran wild in south Brooklyn. There was no food, water or electricity. And if you wanted to walk several miles to get supplies, you better get back before dark, or you might not get home at all.”

“Meanwhile, President Obama is leading this country to financial ruin, borrowing over a trillion dollars a year for phony “stimulus” spending and other payoffs for his political cronies. Nobody knows if or when the fiscal collapse will come, but if the country is broke, there likely won’t be enough money to pay for police protection. And the American people know it.”

“Hurricanes. Tornadoes. Riots. Terrorists. Gangs. Lone criminals. These are perils we are sure to face—not just maybe. It’s not paranoia to buy a gun. It’s survival. It’s responsible behavior, and it’s time we encourage law-abiding Americans to do just that.”

“We, the American people, clearly see the daunting forces we will undoubtedly face: terrorists, crime, drug gangs, the possibility of Euro-style debt riots, civil unrest or natural disaster.”

“We [the NRA] are the largest civil rights organization in the world.”

But, here's the money quote ...

We will not surrender. We will not appease. We will buy more guns than ever. We will use them for sport and lawful self-defense more than ever. We will grow the NRA more than ever. And we will be prouder than ever to be freedom-loving NRA patriots. And with your help, we will ensure that the Second Amendment remains America’s First Freedom.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/02/13/stand-and-fight/

Because this isn't about the Second Amendment.

It's about money.

Fear-mongering to sell more guns to paranoid people.

That's the NRA's business model.

If you are an NRA member, you should be ashamed. Revoke your membership today.

Ya... We should be more like the shining example of progressive/enlightened gun control... Chicago.

PkrBum wrote:Ya... We should be more like the shining example of progressive/enlightened gun control... Chicago.

Your desperate attempt to be relevant is in re-runs.

I'm sorry....the number you have reached has been disconnected.

Here's your chance. You have all the answers, so solve the Chicago gun violence problem for us. Lead us through the desert of ignorance to the oasis of knowledge.

I'll pop some corn while you formulate your always brilliant and insightful plan to eliminate Chicago's gun problem. And if you say the answer is more guns, you lose a testicle.

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:Ya... We should be more like the shining example of progressive/enlightened gun control... Chicago.

Lapierre: "Be Afraid, Be Very, Very Afraid' 29935410

Oh Noes!!!

Not Chicago!!!

That's a horrible, scary place.

I don't want to be like that.

Please, please use your awesome power of libertarian logic to tell me how much more money we need to give Mr. LaPierre and the gun industry to solve Chicago's intractable poverty problem?

Fuckin' bedwetter.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Nah. Better we be more like the full blown gun ridden, anyone over 18 can purchase and openly carry a gun, lowest murder rate in the US (cough cough) New Orleans!

It's cute that y'all think we can fix the human condition and nature with govt solutions. There are bad people... bad shit happens that almost always already breaks numerous laws on the books. If it isn't guns it'll be something else... I'm sorry if this is shocking to anyone.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/gazette/vol74n4/facts-faits-eng.htm

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:It's cute that y'all think we can fix the human condition and nature with govt solutions. There are bad people... bad shit happens that almost always already breaks numerous laws on the books. If it isn't guns it'll be something else... I'm sorry if this is shocking to anyone.

Nice strawman you've built yourself there.

No one is trying to totally prevent "bad shit" from happening.

We'd just like to see it made just a little bit harder for bad people to get their hands on devices designed with no other purpose than to kill the maximum number of people in the shortest possible time.

That's all.

PkrBum wrote:It's cute that y'all think we can fix the human condition and nature with govt solutions. There are bad people... bad shit happens that almost always already breaks numerous laws on the books. If it isn't guns it'll be something else... I'm sorry if this is shocking to anyone.

cheers cheers cheers

Preaching personal responsibility is a dying agenda. Crying or Very sad

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Lapierre: "Be Afraid, Be Very, Very Afraid' 55792510

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The actual gun law which is proposed now will accomplish virtually nothing.
I've even noticed some liberal political and media celebrities are smart enough to acknowledge that.
So why not kick it up to the next level, and deal with guns the same way we dealt with alcohol with the 18th Amendment. That was when we prohibited the sale and distribution of ALL alcoholic beverages across the country.
The proponents of that Constitutional Amendment were convinced that would end liquor, beer and wine in America.

Did that end liquor across America? Well no actually the best way to convey what happened was portrayed in the HBO series "Boardwalk Empire". This will describe that...

In Atlantic City, N.J., a group of local bigwigs is celebrating a federal economic stimulus. The year is 1920; the coming boon is Prohibition, which will make those able to effect the illegal sale of alcohol — like the elected officials at this banquet — very rich. As musicians in blackface lead a mock funeral procession for John Barleycorn outside, Enoch "Nucky" Thompson, treasurer of Atlantic City, toasts the reformers who are about to raise the price of liquor twentyfold: "To those beautiful, ignorant bastards!"

Prohibition did change the country, but not as intended. Drinkers paid more for worse booze. Fishermen became rum runners. Politicians became gangsters.

And it should be pointed out, that the character Enoch "Knucky" Thompson is a fairly faithful portrayal of the real life person Enoch "Knucky" Johnson.
And the events portrayed in the tv show are all inspired by real-life history.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

What is so ironic about all this?

Well it's this.

The politically liberal hollywood minds who gave us this tv show and who believe the message in it is important for us to learn because they're smart enough to know what actually results from "prohibitions" in real-life...

...are the same politically liberal hollywood minds which at the same time are all for the same "prohibitions" which they're warning us about in the tv show THEY created.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:What is so ironic about all this?

Well it's this.

The politically liberal hollywood minds who gave us this tv show and who believe the message in it is important for us to learn because they're smart enough to know what actually results from "prohibitions" in real-life...

...are the same politically liberal hollywood minds which at the same time are all for the same "prohibitions" which they're warning us about in the tv show THEY created.

There is no proposal to outright ban guns.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Floridatexan wrote:

There is no proposal to outright ban guns.
No there's no serious national proposal to do that (yet). But there are cases of lawmakers who actually want to go even further than that.
Both a Wisconsin legislator and the governor of New York are sending signals that gun confiscation is a viable option.

But the point of my post was not that an outright ban is likely to happen.
It was only pointing out that the reform proposed now is so ineffective that when that finally sinks in to the proponents of it, about the only way they have to go from there is a comprehensive gun "prohibition". And I just want to be sure that we all understand what resulted from that when it was tried before.
Maybe the best way to get that across to you is this. You and I are on the same side when it comes to engaging in thoughtless impulsive military policy like the war in Iraq. You and I both agree that those in power should have learned something from Vietnam. And had they learned that lesson which the past should have taught them, they would not have done it again with Iraq.
Now do you get it?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Bob wrote:What is so ironic about all this?

Well it's this.

Consider: Most all the gun violence committed by street gangs in Chicago and most all our major cities is driven by the desire for one group to control the drug trade in their claimed territory.

Get rid of the drug laws that make drug traffic profitable, and you instantly end the "turf" wars that have become so prevalent.

But, that ain't gonna happen -- why? Because there are so many "law enforcement" agencies and contracted prisons, etc., plus crooked politicians paid under the table by drug lords all getting rich on our infamous War Against Drugs. Same as there are so many big war implement manufacturers getting rich on our never-ending war against terrorism.

Another benefit to legalizing and regulating drug sales, is the almost instant termination of addicts brutalizing and killing innocent citizens in pursuit of the money they must get in order to satisfy their habit.

Notice: I haven't advocated a single gun law, and my ideas, if made reality, will save thousands of lives.

But, I'm afraid legalizing drugs in this country has as much chance as passing a laws to take assault-rifles and their civilian clones off the market.

Reality.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

No argument from me on any word of that, wordslinger. Now you're slingin words the way they should be slung. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I only want to add one thing. If anyone thinks talking about "prohibition" in terms of alcohol, drugs and guns, is comparing apples to oranges, then that's just devoid of common sense.
Why? Because all three of those things are the best examples we can point to of things which are now fully ingrained in our culture. It doesn't matter if some of us don't like one or more of these things or WISH to see them not be a part of our culture. Wishing that to not be true is like wishing you can put a tooth under the pillow and a big bunny will replace it with a quarter (or I guess two or three dollars today). lol

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:The actual gun law which is proposed now will accomplish virtually nothing.
I've even noticed some liberal political and media celebrities are smart enough to acknowledge that.
So why not kick it up to the next level, and deal with guns the same way we dealt with alcohol with the 18th Amendment. That was when we prohibited the sale and distribution of ALL alcoholic beverages across the country.
The proponents of that Constitutional Amendment were convinced that would end liquor, beer and wine in America.

Did that end liquor across America? Well no actually the best way to convey what happened was portrayed in the HBO series "Boardwalk Empire". This will describe that...

In Atlantic City, N.J., a group of local bigwigs is celebrating a federal economic stimulus. The year is 1920; the coming boon is Prohibition, which will make those able to effect the illegal sale of alcohol — like the elected officials at this banquet — very rich. As musicians in blackface lead a mock funeral procession for John Barleycorn outside, Enoch "Nucky" Thompson, treasurer of Atlantic City, toasts the reformers who are about to raise the price of liquor twentyfold: "To those beautiful, ignorant bastards!"

Prohibition did change the country, but not as intended. Drinkers paid more for worse booze. Fishermen became rum runners. Politicians became gangsters.

And it should be pointed out, that the character Enoch "Knucky" Thompson is a fairly faithful portrayal of the real life person Enoch "Knucky" Johnson.
And the events portrayed in the tv show are all inspired by real-life history.

Wow.

Your strawman is even better than pkrbum's.

Actually looking at the results of policies as opposed to just the intent must make you uncomfortable. Deep breaths comrade.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:

strawman

Okay, Sal, you've got me to thinking about this and I'm going to offer a compromise to you.

I'm going to admit that (at this point in time at least) it is to some degree a strawman argument I'm making when I argue against a gun version of "Prohibition" since that's not what is being proposed. So you're right about that. I admit it.

But can you admit that the gun law reform proposal which is currently in the headlines today is also a sort of strawman argument?
Because the "strawman" being set up in this case is the claim that banning the specific weapons included in this ban is going to have a lot more impact on gun crime than will actually be the case.
Anyone with even an ounce of common sense can figure out that weapons which will remain legal can be substituted for the "strawman" weapons which will be banned.

I don't have any exclusive on strawmen, Sal. lol

And I need to emphasize that I have no fanaticism about keeping those weapons included in the proposed ban legal to purchase and possess. I really couldn't care less. Because there's nothing I wanna do with those weapons that I cannot do with weapons which will remain legal.
But the problem for me is that common sense tells me the bad guys WILL ALSO be able to make THE SAME substitutions.
It's mainly just that I'm not a fan of ridiculous feel-good laws which do mostly nothing except appeal to political correctness and which actually have no efficacy and solve nothing. God knows don't we have enough of those kinds of laws already.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum