Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I just bought a used car

+3
Jake92
Yella
TEOTWAWKI
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26I just bought a used car - Page 2 Empty Re: I just bought a used car 2/17/2013, 8:52 am

cool1

cool1

Chrissy wrote:I needed a second car. And I have been looking for a couple of months.

I made the leap today and bought a 1995 mercedes c280, its in mint condition but im nervous as hell.

any of you car gurus have any advice?

I just drove it a long ways back to my house, I had to go fetch it today.

It was fine, drove great. it took me a while to get mercedes to turn on my radio, but its on now.

I wonder if this car could be a collectors car in a few years?

So tell me what you know about this car, im pretty stoked right now with this old car. Very Happy

have fun with the car Crissy-thats what I do with my mustang -just have fun--most cars need work when first bought -put some money into it and she will hummm--I put money into mine , But shes worth it Laughing drive that thang and have fun

27I just bought a used car - Page 2 Empty Re: I just bought a used car 2/17/2013, 8:58 am

cool1 wrote:
Chrissy wrote:I needed a second car. And I have been looking for a couple of months.

I made the leap today and bought a 1995 mercedes c280, its in mint condition but im nervous as hell.

any of you car gurus have any advice?

I just drove it a long ways back to my house, I had to go fetch it today.

It was fine, drove great. it took me a while to get mercedes to turn on my radio, but its on now.

I wonder if this car could be a collectors car in a few years?

So tell me what you know about this car, im pretty stoked right now with this old car. Very Happy

have fun with the car Crissy-thats what I do with my mustang -just have fun--most cars need work when first bought -put some money into it and she will hummm--I put money into mine , But shes worth it Laughing drive that thang and have fun

she doesnt need any work that i know of. she was very well taken care of. I hope she doesnt need anything just yet. if so the deed is done and i will have to live with it. to be honest im so already over the new(new to me) car thing. This is a drive to work car. It will alter my image just a little bit.

btw, i love mustangs. my aunt used to have 2 1865 mustangs that sit in her driveway for decades. i dont know what happened to those cars. hmmm

28I just bought a used car - Page 2 Empty Re: I just bought a used car 2/17/2013, 9:31 am

cool1

cool1

cash for clunkers got most of the older cars---The ones who still have theres are lucky to be able to keep them and will be worth money some day. I first bought my car I thought everything is fine ! The next few days things started going out -I took it right back to dealer --fix it I told them --haha they said NO as is ---The only thing is they gave me a guarantee in writing saying they would fix it which is against the law .

I didnt know that so yes they had to fix the car or get into trouble , They chose to fix my car. Razz I went into the car lot and told them I see you took your sign down for giving out guarantees--he said yes mam no more guarantees

29I just bought a used car - Page 2 Empty Re: I just bought a used car 2/17/2013, 9:46 am

cool1 wrote:cash for clunkers got most of the older cars---The ones who still have theres are lucky to be able to keep them and will be worth money some day. I first bought my car I thought everything is fine ! The next few days things started going out -I took it right back to dealer --fix it I told them --haha they said NO as is ---The only thing is they gave me a guarantee in writing saying they would fix it which is against the law .

I didnt know that so yes they had to fix the car or get into trouble , They chose to fix my car. Razz I went into the car lot and told them I see you took your sign down for giving out guarantees--he said yes mam no more guarantees

good for you for getting your guarantee in writing. I did that too.

you know you bring up a good point about the cash for clunkers. it did take a lot of older cars off the road. you look around and the streets are full of plastic poly cars. not many cars with real metal anymore.

the guy i got my car from dealt in classic cars mostly. he had an beautiful dark green chevy malibu SS that would make you drool. i couldnt afford that. he had a bunch of those sweet old muscle cars. those seem to be his main biznez. because more than half his cars were sweet old muscle classics.

I hope my aunts cars didnt go to cash for clunkers. they were in mint cond. she died a few years back, i am sure her son got them.

30I just bought a used car - Page 2 Empty Hahaha 2/17/2013, 10:02 am

surfnrg

surfnrg

So chrissy you give your vehicles names?

i do!

31I just bought a used car - Page 2 Empty Re: I just bought a used car 2/17/2013, 10:06 am

surfnrg wrote:So chrissy you give your vehicles names?

i do!

You know i did that a long time. I dont know why i stopped doing that. shoot I ant even remember the name i gave my van when i got it in 2008.

I started giving my vehicals names way back as a kid. with my 1st bicycle. the blue mule. Cool i hung around a couple of boys in my neighborhood and that was my trucker handle/nme for my bike lol

Ill need to name this car now.

32I just bought a used car - Page 2 Empty I have 3 2/17/2013, 10:13 am

surfnrg

surfnrg

A 97 mint condition nissan hardbody "the old guy"

A 98 motorhome "the crittermobile"

A 04 jeep wrangler. "Juno"

33I just bought a used car - Page 2 Empty Re: I just bought a used car 2/17/2013, 10:19 am

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Chrissy, just enjoy your new car and quit "what-iffing." Twisted Evil Yes, it might have a problem or two in the future, but by gosh, she's up and running fine today, right?

Go for a drive and send us some pics!

34I just bought a used car - Page 2 Empty Re: I just bought a used car 2/17/2013, 10:26 am

cool1

cool1

I go by the sex of the vehicle--car is a she Truck is a he! Thats what I say I have to go get her some gass Shocked

35I just bought a used car - Page 2 Empty Re: I just bought a used car 2/17/2013, 11:58 am

PBulldog2 wrote:Chrissy, just enjoy your new car and quit "what-iffing." Twisted Evil Yes, it might have a problem or two in the future, but by gosh, she's up and running fine today, right?

Go for a drive and send us some pics!

PB, I doubt I go anywhere today. Its cold here and I was very busy yesterday with all that. Im going to let my daughter go gass her up. I crunk her up this am and she was fine. Shes not a fancy car, but a well made one. a small 4 cyl, good on gas. I am a little nervous and teo scared me with his experiance but like you say, im not going to worry too much. Its a work car is all. I took you a couple of pics since you ask.

I hope to get 2 years out of this car. my van will be paid off then and I plan on buying a wrangler.

anyway, hugs to you. luv ya!

I just bought a used car - Page 2 Kim_ca10

I just bought a used car - Page 2 Kim_ca11

36I just bought a used car - Page 2 Empty Re: I just bought a used car 2/17/2013, 12:01 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

NICE and the cars pretty good looking too.

37I just bought a used car - Page 2 Empty Re: I just bought a used car 2/17/2013, 12:03 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I didn't mean to scare you Chrissy..they are just expensive to get fixed....but I always felt a little taller when I stepped out of mine....

38I just bought a used car - Page 2 Empty Re: I just bought a used car 2/17/2013, 12:04 pm

Jake92

I'll agree with Teo this time.. LOL

39I just bought a used car - Page 2 Empty Re: I just bought a used car 2/17/2013, 12:07 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:NICE and the cars pretty good looking too.

I thought about something with this car that amazed me.

I had to call mercedes to turn on my radio. I had to get a code from them. I put the code in and it took about an hour to come on.

I was wondering if this technology was something that could be monitored from far off, because I had to give the VIN # to mercedes to get the code. Its the original radio that came with the car in 1995.

so I wonder if this is some sort of GPS signal or just a code for all thier radios. because if they cant monitor it, thn that code would work on all thier radios wouldnt it?

hmmmm....

40I just bought a used car - Page 2 Empty Re: I just bought a used car 2/17/2013, 12:12 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yes Chrissy now you are in the clutches of the Rothchild Zionist's...soon one of their reptilian craft will catch you out on a deserted swamp road descend on you remotely kill your engine and abduct you for probing...I know, THAT'S why you bought the car...figures.

41I just bought a used car - Page 2 Empty Gps 2/17/2013, 12:25 pm

surfnrg

surfnrg

I do not believe in 95 they had GPS. however if you disconnect the battery long enough the stereo will lose its memory and have to be reset. I assume you manually put in the code. It also prevents someome from stealing it since witjout the code it wont't work.

Fyi

42I just bought a used car - Page 2 Empty A saying 2/17/2013, 12:27 pm

surfnrg

surfnrg

My buddy and i have a saying

"The only thing a german car cant pass is a german repair shop" Shocked

43I just bought a used car - Page 2 Empty Re: I just bought a used car 2/17/2013, 12:32 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Yes Chrissy now you are in the clutches of the Rothchild Zionist's...soon one of their reptilian craft will catch you out on a deserted swamp road descend on you remotely kill your engine and abduct you for probing...I know, THAT'S why you bought the car...figures.

lol!

yes, nothing like getting probed by a reptilian What a Face

44I just bought a used car - Page 2 Empty Re: I just bought a used car 2/17/2013, 12:33 pm

surfnrg wrote:My buddy and i have a saying

"The only thing a german car cant pass is a german repair shop" Shocked

I am part german Surprised

45I just bought a used car - Page 2 Empty Re: I just bought a used car 2/17/2013, 12:40 pm

Jake92

Chrissy wrote:

I had to call mercedes to turn on my radio. I had to get a code from them. I put the code in and it took about an hour to come on.

I was wondering if this technology was something that could be monitored from far off, because I had to give the VIN # to mercedes to get the code. Its the original radio that came with the car in 1995.

so I wonder if this is some sort of GPS signal or just a code for all thier radios. because if they cant monitor it, thn that code would work on all thier radios wouldnt it?

I know Ford and GM cars are the same way. It's just so if the radio is stolen, they are disabled until the code is put in.. IF you go to the dealer, they are required by law to verify that you are the owner of the vehicle and that the radio is not stolen..

hmmmm....

Last edited by Jake92 on 2/17/2013, 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

46I just bought a used car - Page 2 Empty Re: I just bought a used car 2/17/2013, 12:47 pm

Jake92 wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

I know Ford and GM cars are the same way. It's just so if the radio is stolen, they are disabled until the code is put in.. OIF you go to the dealer, they are required by law to verify that you are the owner of the vehicle and that the radio is not stolen..

hmmmm....

how do they do that? how can they disable a radio if it is stolen is my question. because yes, that is why they said it was done.

this seems like technology that is recent but this is a very old car and I had no idea we even had this kind of techonology back then.

how can they disable it? do you know?

47I just bought a used car - Page 2 Empty They don't 2/17/2013, 1:04 pm

surfnrg

surfnrg

Chrissy

1 everyone is part german hahahahahahah!

2. It is the electrical current from the battery. As long as it it connected to the DC current the trickle charge keeps the memory stored. When disconnected
After some length of time determined by the brand the stereo loses its memory and the code to reset it. Mercedez has a record of the original reset code, write it down in your manual since in repair if they have to disconnect the battery this will. Happen again.....

48I just bought a used car - Page 2 Empty Re: I just bought a used car 2/17/2013, 1:17 pm

surfnrg wrote:Chrissy

1 everyone is part german hahahahahahah!

2. It is the electrical current from the battery. As long as it it connected to the DC current the trickle charge keeps the memory stored. When disconnected
After some length of time determined by the brand the stereo loses its memory and the code to reset it. Mercedez has a record of the original reset code, write it down in your manual since in repair if they have to disconnect the battery this will. Happen again.....

oh, that explains it. wow they must have a lot of codes.

surf, my grandfather came here from germany and married a native crow indian female, my grand mother. they gave birth to my blood mother and I take very much in looks after her. I do carry that recessive german gene from my grandfather as my youngest daughter ended up with blond hair blue eyes.

Thanks for the explanation on the radio thing. I guess this means that the reptilians wont come probe me Razz Mad

49I just bought a used car - Page 2 Empty Re: I just bought a used car 2/17/2013, 3:10 pm

I bet you bought that car w/ your income tax refund. You know the one where the Govt. gives you free money as a tax credit.The child tax credit and all the exemptions you get for all the unemployed people in your house. You know, a freebie you rail against the poor people for.LOL! Enjoy it. Your party will soon have their way and take away all your freebies.

50I just bought a used car - Page 2 Empty Re: I just bought a used car 2/17/2013, 3:17 pm

Dreamsglore wrote:I bet you bought that car w/ your income tax refund. You know the one where the Govt. gives you free money as a tax credit.The child tax credit and all the exemptions you get for all the unemployed people in your house. You know, a freebie you rail against the poor people for.LOL! Enjoy it. Your party will soon have their way and take away all your freebies.

I didnt get any free money. The gov got to keep thousands and thousands of my hard earned cash.

I am a sucessful woman dreams. You hate that dont you lol

too bad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum