Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Don't Ban Guns, End the War on Drugs!!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Consider: Most all the gun violence committed by street gangs in Chicago and most all our major cities is driven by the desire for one group to control the drug trade in their claimed territory.

Get rid of the drug laws that make drug traffic profitable, and you instantly end the "turf" wars and the many shootings that have become so prevalent.

But, that ain't gonna happen -- why? Because there are so many "law
enforcement" agencies and contracted prisons, etc., plus crooked
politicians paid under the table by drug lords all getting rich on our
infamous War Against Drugs. Same as there are so many big war implement
manufacturers getting rich on our never-ending war against terrorism.

Another benefit to legalizing and regulating drug sales, is the almost instant
termination of addicts brutalizing and killing innocent citizens in pursuit of the money they must get in order to satisfy their habit.

Notice: I haven't advocated a single gun law, and my ideas, if made reality, will save thousands of lives taken by shootings. THOUSANDS.

But, I'm afraid legalizing drugs in this country has as much chance as
passing a law to take assault-rifles and their civilian clones off the
market. Face it, there's no money in legalizing drugs .... and here in Amerika Inc., things don't happen unless someone will get rich.

Reality!

Last edited by Wordslinger on 2/16/2013, 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I felt like it)

Sadly this common idea which is constantly advocated is not likely to become a reality any time soon. thought i doubt it will prevent attics from "brutalizing others" for money to buy drugs, because lets face it they will continue this regardless of the legalization. But it would take it off the streets and greatly help curve not only the gang violence related to turf wars over drug territory, but also take a great number of people out of our prison system.
But i disagree about the someone getting rich, many tobacco companies have for years copyrighted names of marijuana cigarettes that they wish to sell but only recently have some states been legalizing it. Not to mention that prescription drugs are making tons more money if not having to have a prescription. but it is because everyone wants to regulate everyone else behavior that we have this problem. Both the Democrats and the Republicans on this issue.

[quote="Ironsights" but it is because everyone wants to regulate everyone else behavior that we have this problem. Both the Democrats and the Republicans on this issue. [/quote]

Damn straight... and nobody wants to be intellectually honest about it.

Yella

Yella

Wordslinger wrote:Consider: Most all the gun violence committed by street gangs in Chicago and most all our major cities is driven by the desire for one group to control the drug trade in their claimed territory.

Get rid of the drug laws that make drug traffic profitable, and you instantly end the "turf" wars and the many shootings that have become so prevalent.

But, that ain't gonna happen -- why? Because there are so many "law
enforcement" agencies and contracted prisons, etc., plus crooked
politicians paid under the table by drug lords all getting rich on our
infamous War Against Drugs. Same as there are so many big war implement
manufacturers getting rich on our never-ending war against terrorism.

Another benefit to legalizing and regulating drug sales, is the almost instant
termination of addicts brutalizing and killing innocent citizens in pursuit of the money they must get in order to satisfy their habit.

Notice: I haven't advocated a single gun law, and my ideas, if made reality, will save thousands of lives taken by shootings. THOUSANDS.

But, I'm afraid legalizing drugs in this country has as much chance as
passing a law to take assault-rifles and their civilian clones off the
market. Face it, there's no money in legalizing drugs .... and here in Amerika Inc., things don't happen unless someone will get rich.

Reality!

Yep, the war on drugs keeps lots and lots of people working, cops. lawyers, judges, prison employees and plenty of others. I don't see it ever happening.
Our Congress votes on laws that they are paid to vote for. Sacks of money in paper bags buys their votes. They are too smart to get caught.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

It is big biz... but so are all govt programs.

NaNook

NaNook

Just let the USDA and FDA poison drugs. Problem solved, like a drone strike. Kill them off, all of them, their families have given up. There is no value in their lives. As there is no value in an aborted fetus....get it?

Time to assess, you want to pay the government or ...leave something for your kids? Think on it....

It takes more than 1+1 today... they're been decades of counterintuitive education.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum