Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mentally ill man buys guns and kills self and roommate

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.pnj.com/videonetwork/2164106742001?odyssey=mod|tvideo|article

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

It's a bizarre event allright.

But don't overlook a couple of things.

He obtained the gun legally AFTER he had been given a background check.

Now granted, it was an uzi or some such thing. And if they want to ban uzis that's fine with me.
BUT, this same crime could have been committed just as easily with any of the hundreds of guns that will still be legal to purchase after the proposed gun law changes.
And the background check mandate part of the proposed law is inconsequential in this case because this guy did go through one.

So, with all that in mind, how would the new federal gun law being proposed have any impact on something like this? The answer of course is that it would not.

Dreamsglore wrote:http://www.pnj.com/videonetwork/2164106742001?odyssey=mod|tvideo|article

Mentally ill man buys guns and kills self and roommate Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXPfu4_TG3o-TXO_9XY28EXB6lmHcxadT-KahC8k-0HACCuB15

Well you're still here so it wasn't you that purchased the firearm and did this..... this time.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQzUCO7rG0M

Rolling Eyes

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Just my narrow-minded right-wing gun nut opinion(*).

I have never seen the mainstream media (and this is probably the first time I've ever used that term outside of mocking other people who do) expend so much energy and go to such lengths to demonize someone and his ideas as they have done with Wayne La Pierre.

And it's not that I'm some fan of La Pierre. To me he's just another "official spokesman", and those are pretty much all a dime a dozen.
But they have treated him like he's as bad as hitler. All of them I've seen interview him are all puffed up with their hatred of him and it comes across in spades. And after he talks to the interviewers, holy shit all the commentators then go to town on him like a mob with torches going after a movie monster.

Jesus god what in hell has he done to deserve to get such treatment from these media people. When all he really has done is point out the kind of things I did in my first reply to dreamsglore's post.

editor's note: the line which has the asterisk (*) above at the end of it is what I would be called by the same people just for asking this question.

He supports natural rights, civil liberties, and a constitutionally limited govt... radical I know.

The mentally ill these days just have no imagination.

What ever happened to good old fashioned macheti's What a Face

Bob wrote:It's a bizarre event allright.

Now granted, it was an uzi or some such thing. And if they want to ban uzis that's fine with me.
BUT, this same crime could have been committed just as easily with any of the hundreds of guns that will still be legal to purchase after the proposed gun law changes.
And the background check mandate part of the proposed law is inconsequential in this case because this guy did go through one.

So, with all that in mind, how would the new federal gun law being proposed have any impact on something like this? The answer of course is that it would not.
agreed all those "common sense" gun control ideas would not have prevented this tragady.

Ironsights wrote:
Bob wrote:It's a bizarre event allright.

agreed all those "common sense" gun control ideas would not have prevented this tragady.

A mental health background check wouldn't have prevented him from buying gun?

NaNook

NaNook

Bob,

I collect, buy, sell weapons. They are Flintlocks, Cap Locks, and early trapdoors. You know, a rifle that has to be fed for every single shot. It takes awhile to reload a flintlock, caplock, or trapdoor. Why do I need to do a background check?

Just curious.....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum