Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I knew that sooner or later I would be in 100% lockstep agreement with Limbaugh on something.

+2
Nekochan
Hospital Bob
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I loathe that son of a bitch. So what I'm gonna say now would be like if Brother Carl Gallups heard Satan say something and then responds with "man, old Satan sure did get that one right".

I happened to be in my car when Limbaugh's show went on the air earlier.
And when he played a recording of Wolf Blitzer on Blitzer's CNN show yesterday and I heard Blitzer turn to his interview guest and ask this with a completely straight face...

"Do you think Rubio's drink of water can make or break his political career?"...

...Limbaugh's reaction to that was dead on right. 110% percent no question about it right. And I don't even have to tell how he would react to that.

But I'll give you my own response. If Obama had delivered the rebuttal to a SOTU address, and during that rebuttal Obama was seen taking a drink of water, and Fox News had asked a guest the same question Blitzer asked his guest; Sal and wordslinger and dreamglore and all the rest of that persuasion here would be having a conipshun fit that would even make an Alex Jones meltdown look mild.

The fact that ANYBODY has been given national television time to waste on shit like that is the definite evidence that what I've been trying to tell you is right. Cable television "news" (along with the sorry excuses for talent who populate it) is not news and it's not even legitimate commentary. It's just a load of valueless shlock with commercials in it.

Last edited by Bob on 2/14/2013, 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob wrote:I loathe that son of a bitch. So what I'm gonna say now would be like if Brother Carl Gallups heard Satan say something and then responds with "man, old Satan sure did get that one right".

And when he played a recording of Wolf Blitzer on Blitzer's CNN show yesterday and I heard Blitzer turn to his interview guest and ask this with a completely straight face...

"Do you think Rubio's drink of water can make or break his political career?"...

...Limbaugh's reaction to that was dead on right. 110% percent no question about it right. And I don't even have to tell how he would react to that.

But I'll give you my own response. If Obama had delivered the rebuttal to a SOTU address, and during that rebuttal Obama was seen taking a drink of water, and Fox News had asked a guest the same question Blitzer asked his guest; Sal and wordslinger and dreamglore and all the rest of that persuasion here would be having a conipshun fit that would even make an Alex Jones meltdown look mild.

The fact that ANYBODY has been given national television time to waste on shit like that is the definite evidence that what I've been trying to tell you is right. Cable television "news" is not news and it's not even legitimate commentary. It's just a load of valueless shlock with commercials in it.

You're right. Probably 80% or better of what is on cable news is worthless crap.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:I loathe that son of a bitch. So what I'm gonna say now would be like if Brother Carl Gallups heard Satan say something and then responds with "man, old Satan sure did get that one right".

The fact that ANYBODY has been given national television time to waste on shit like that is the definite evidence that what I've been trying to tell you is right. Cable television "news" (along with the sorry excuses for talent who populate it) is not news and it's not even legitimate commentary. It's just a load of valueless shlock with commercials in it.

I've already said on here that Rubio's water break was just something funny and awkward to talk about in the middle of an otherwise nothing-burger of a speech.

If the same thing happened to Obama, and FAUX News suggested it could ruin his career, I'd LMAO @them.

Sal wrote:

I've already said on here that Rubio's water break was just something funny and awkward to talk about in the middle of an otherwise nothing-burger of a speech.

If the same thing happened to Obama, and FAUX News suggested it could ruin his career, I'd LMAO @them.

Exactly.

Remember when Bush2 tried to exit through a locked door...he paused....then tried again?...LOL

I'm pretty sure that's is what ruined his political career.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Regardless of which political partisanship is at issue because this will apply to either, the hoopla over something like this is revealing of something more significant to me.
It's how we now seem to have such a need for these people to be so polished and polished in such an artificial almost robotic way. We don't even value any display of human foibles or human frailties anymore. They all have to be actors with scripts written for them and with what
has been defined as an acceptable demeanor and look about them with acceptable manner of speech and all the rest that goes with it.
It's all now just some perverted version of what "show business" has given us.

It's something to think about that an Abraham Lincoln, with his weird look and weird dress and weird way of speaking (which is also well documented now) even for his time, could not possibly ever even be considered "presidential" in today's world.
And so when we see someone take a drink of water, that's just not something we can tolerate seeing him do on camera. It doesn't fit the strict regimen of what we're SUPPOSED to be seeing. And show business has defined for us what we're supposed to be seeing.
As Orson Welles said so well, "I've known politicians and I've known actors and politicians are actors". And since actors are not supposed to be seen taking a drink of water in a movie scene, now they aren't supposed to be seen doing that when delivering a political "performance" either.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:Regardless of which political partisanship is at issue because this will apply to either, the hoopla over something like this is revealing of something more significant to me.
It's how we now seem to have such a need for these people to be so polished and polished in such an artificial almost robotic way. We don't even value any display of human foibles or human frailties anymore. They all have to be actors with scripts written for them and with what
has been defined as an acceptable demeanor and look about them with acceptable manner of speech and all the rest that goes with it.
It's all now just some perverted version of what "show business" has given us.

It's something to think about that an Abraham Lincoln, with his weird look and weird dress and weird way of speaking (which is also well documented now) even for his time, could not possibly ever even be considered "presidential" in today's world.
And so when we see someone take a drink of water, that's just not something we can tolerate seeing him do on camera. It doesn't fit the strict regimen of what we're SUPPOSED to be seeing. And show business has defined for us what we're supposed to be seeing.
As Orson Welles said so well, "I've known politicians and I've known actors and politicians are actors". And since actors are not supposed to be seen taking a drink of water in a movie scene, now they aren't supposed to be seen doing that when delivering a political "performance" either.

Well if any of that's true, and I'm not acknowledging it is, it's been going on for a long, long time.

If Rubio's performance is reminiscent of anything, it is Nixon's televised debate with JFK.

It's not just the awkward water break, he was also sweating profusely, he kept smacking his lips, the lighting was terrible, and to say the speech was boilerplate would be too kind.

You can keep crying about how the media is blowing this up, but they're actually doing the Republicans a favor.

If they were actually doing a thorough examination of the substance of (or better lack thereof) the speech, the GOP would really be fucked.

Last edited by Sal on 2/14/2013, 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:

Well if any of that's true, and I'm not acknowledging it is, it's been going on for a long, long time.

If Rubio's performance is reminiscent of anything, it is Nixon's televised debate with JFK.

It's not just the awkward water break, he was also sweating profusely, he kept smacking his lips, the lighting was terrible, and to say the speech was boilerplate would be too kind.

You can keep crying about how the media is blowing this up, but they're actually doing the Republicans a favor.

If they were actually doing a thorough examination of the substance of the speech, the GOP would really be fucked.

You know it's so funny you take that position on Rubio and his speech. The same position most all the democrat pundits and politicos have taken. But one is now cautioning the rest not to dismiss Rubio like you/they are doing.
And it's WHO it is who is doing the cautioning that carries weight. A person who was one of Obama's closest advisors...

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/rubio-obama-state-union/2013/02/13/id/490276

But, aside from that, for you to equate Nixon vs Kennedy with Rubio vs Obama is truly the most wrong-headed and ridiculous statement you've ever made, Sal. In no way no how can Rubio be equated with Richard Nixon. With all due respect, that's just a really dumb thing to say. Especially coming from someone who is as obviously as smart as you are.
That reveals your blind devotion to obama and democrats is almost at the cult stage. lol

The left is so scared of Rubio that they will do anything to discredit him.

Sal wrote:

If they were actually doing a thorough examination of the substance of (or better lack thereof) the speech, the GOP would really be fucked.
The Dems are already dead in the water. It is obvious by their attacks on a man with whom they have a lot of fear over for the future. By judging Obama's speech, America is really going to be in the hurt locker during the next four years with his antics.
Leaders lead from the front, not BEHIND the crowd.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:
Sal wrote:

If they were actually doing a thorough examination of the substance of the speech, the GOP would really be fucked.

You know it's so funny you take that position on Rubio and his speech. The same position most all the democrat pundits and politicos have taken. But one is now cautioning the rest not to dismiss Rubio like you/they are doing.
And it's WHO it is who is doing the cautioning that carries weight. A person who was one of Obama's closest advisors...

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/rubio-obama-state-union/2013/02/13/id/490276

But, aside from that, for you to equate Nixon vs Kennedy with Rubio vs Obama is truly the most wrong-headed and ridiculous statement you've ever made, Sal. In no way no how can Rubio be equated with Richard Nixon. With all due respect, that's just a really dumb thing to say. Especially coming from someone who is as obviously as smart as you are.
That reveals your blind devotion to obama and democrats is almost at the cult stage. lol

I didn't say anything about Obama, Bob.

And, I'm not equating the significance of the event, nor the character of the two men either.

I'm just noting the similarity in appearance.

It was a bad performance and bad TV.

Othershoe and I were discussing and laughing about the performance in real time on one of the threads.

It's not the end of the world, or the end of his career.

It was just kinda funny.

Word is that Chris Christie was offered the rebuttal but was smart enough to turn it down.

There's no upside to doing it.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PACEDOG#1 wrote:The left is so scared of Rubio that they will do anything to discredit him.

Looks like Rubio will be receiving Palin's hand-me-down talking points.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:
When I say "today's world" I don't mean like literally Valentines Day, 2013, Sal. lol
And I can pinpoint it down a lot better than "for a long long time".
The era I'm talking about began with the widespread availability of television.
And you can pin that down to about 1960 (with a margin of error).
That was the starting point. And then over time, as the medium continued to grow in power, so did it's influence on our politics. As did it's influence on most everything in our society.

Sal

Sal

PACEDOG#1 wrote:The left is so scared of Rubio that they will do anything to discredit him.

Yes.

Just as we were so afraid of Bachmann, and Perry, and Cain, and Santorum, and Newt ...

... yaaaaaawwwwn ...

You're the one who's afraid ...

... Hillary will beat your side like a rented mule.

And, you know it.

lmao

Very Happy

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:

Looks like Rubio will be receiving Palin's hand-me-down talking points.
So now you too. Rubio is just another Sarah Palin. Jesus. How can two people as smart as you and Sal be so dumb at the same time.
With this you both are starting to be like Teo. So smart and yet have such foolish ideas at the same time. lol

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:
Sal wrote:
When I say "today's world" I don't mean like literally Valentines Day, 2013, Sal. lol
That was the starting point. And then over time, as the medium continued to grow in power, so did it's influence on our politics. As did it's influence on most everything in our society.

When you say today's world, you mean 1960??

Ummm, ... O.K. I guess.

But worrying about appearance obviously goes back even further than that.

FDR couldn't be seen in a wheelchair.

Appearances matter, but I think your inflating its importance and making it seem like a new phenomena.

I know they didn't win, but if appearance was the ONLY thing that mattered, Ross Perot and Ron Paul never woulda got a second look.

Whatever happened to Ross Perot?

Is he still around?

boards of FL

boards of FL

It is funny, though, that the right is struggling simply to find people who can talk. The primaries this past cycle were comedy gold, and the polls tell the tale:

I knew that sooner or later I would be in 100% lockstep agreement with Limbaugh on something. Aped09E

Nekochan

Nekochan

Rubio is no Palin. Totally different backgrounds. And I think Rubio appeals to a wider audience than Palin.

The points about the awkward water moment and his sweating have some merit. It was not his greatest performance. But Bob is right, some media are blowing it way out of proportion and as far is it being a disaster for his political career--most Americans are not even thinking yet about who will run in 2016.

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:Rubio is no Palin. Totally different backgrounds. And I think Rubio appeals to a wider audience than Palin.

The points about the awkward water moment and his sweating have some merit. It was not his greatest performance. But Bob is right, some media are blowing it way out of proportion and as far is it being a disaster for his political career--most Americans are not even thinking yet about who will run in 2016.

They blow everything out of proportion.

They've got to find something to fill those 24/7s.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:
Bob wrote:
Sal wrote:

When you say today's world, you mean 1960??

Ummm, ... O.K. I guess.

But worrying about appearance obviously goes back even further than that.

FDR couldn't be seen in a wheelchair.

Appearances matter, but I think your inflating its importance and making it seem like a new phenomena.

I know they didn't win, but if appearance was the ONLY thing that mattered, Ross Perot and Ron Paul never woulda got a second look.

Whatever happened to Ross Perot?

Is he still around?
1. No I don't "mean 1960". From now on please at least read what I write. Don't read what you want to think I'm writing. Go back and read it again.

2. "FDR couldn't be seen in a wheelchair". Exactly my point. Do you really not understand that?
In that "today" era I'm talking about, all that changed.
And maybe this will better explain "today's era" to you as I defined it before. Back when today's era first began, the new era was just developing.
Television was becoming universally available by then. BUT it had not fully impacted on our politics yet and one good example of that is that the masses still didn't know that Kennedy was fucking Marilyn Monroe and gangster molls. Because the "era" was still in transition. It had one foot in the new era (the Kennedy/Nixon tv debate is the best of example of that), and it still had one foot in the earlier era (the era when we didn't even know FDR was crippled because Geraldo wasn't showing it to us).
Over time the "new era" took over completely. And now we all know everything and know it instantaneously. Like we know when a politican actor takes a drink of water. And not only do we know that instantaneously, every wolf blitzer and bill o'reilly and a thousand more are weighing in on it instantaneously. And so are you and me and every other tom, dick, harry and jane instantaneously.
What I'm talking about is a world history class paradigm shift in communications technology (the television/internet revolution) has changed everything and politics is definitely no exception.
It started about 1960 and not only does it continue today but it's speeding up in it's intensity and impact.

3. QUESTION: "Whatever happened to Ross Perot?" ANSWER: "We were able to see him on television is what happened to him".
Don't you get that? Before television, Ross Perot would have consisted of nothing but written words in a newspaper. And if Ross Perot had been nothing but written words in a newspaper, he likely might not have disappeared as easily as you wanted him too. Just as Joe McCarthy didn't disappear as easily as he might have had he been talking on everyone's television set night after night.

Last edited by Bob on 2/14/2013, 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Helping him look foolish is an easy assignment.

Just like Biden, or Bush2, or Gore, or any of a long list of politicians.

Man, if you're this jacked now, you have a long dark forecast until the political light shines on your dog and pony show.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Here's some irony for you, Sal. You and me (and everyone else here) consist of nothing but those "written words". Same as the "old era" form of communication.
If instead of being written words, you and me were "talking heads" on a television screen, I can promise you that we would be received and perceived in an entirely different way. And so would our ideas.
Right now we and our ideas, are judged only with those written words.
But if we became talking heads that would all change. We and our ideas both would be judged on our looks, our grooming, our dress, our speaking ability, and a host of other things that are not applicable when all we are is written words.

I have no doubt that one day technology will advance to make this form of communication we do here include our "talking heads". All of the technology to accomplish that is already known. It really would be nothing more than an advance in the technology which has already given us "skype".
It will be interesting to see how many of us in this situation will choose to make use of that when it becomes available.
My guess is not very many. The evidence of that is the infitesimal number of us who are even willing to make our photo the avatar. We like living in the "old era" of communication. We're hiding in it the same way FDR was able to do. lol

Bob wrote:Here's some irony for you, Sal. You and me (and everyone else here) consist of nothing but those "written words". Same as the "old era" form of communication.
If instead of being written words, you and me were "talking heads" on a television screen, I can promise you that we would be received and perceived in an entirely different way. And so would our ideas.
Right now we and our ideas, are judged only with those written words.
But if we became talking heads that would all change. We and our ideas both would be judged on our looks, our grooming, our dress, our speaking ability, and a host of other things that are not applicable when all we are is written words.

I have no doubt that one day technology will advance to make this form of communication we do here include our "talking heads". All of the technology to accomplish that is already known. It really would be nothing more than an advance in the technology which has already given us "skype".
It will be interesting to see how many of us in this situation will choose to make use of that when it becomes available.
My guess is not very many. The evidence of that is the infestimal number of us who are even willing to make our photo the avatar. We like living in the "old era" of communication. We're hiding in it the same way FDR was able to do. lol

True that Bob. And just think of how much projection there can be when a writer creates a character. The reader absorbs the character's personality, mannerisms, good/bad qualities, etc. That doesn't mean the writer is a cop or bar tender.

Red Kneckerson can vouch fer that, 'tell ya what.

This forum is a prime example. Some of the folk here 'bouts don't got no essextenshulistic bones in they body. Tothers, bold faced irony is like Oriental 'rithmetic...it jes don't add up.

And that's all I got to say 'bout that, tell ya what.

Sal

Sal

How does Chris Christie fit into your new paradigm?

He's a fat, unattractive, brusque bully, yet wildly popular.

And I bet we both could name literally dozens of attractive, polished candidates who flamed out.

Words, ideas, and policies still matter.

You, Rush, and CNN are making too much of an awkward sip of water.

It doesn't mean anything other than his speech was so boring it could be upstaged by a sip of water.

Palin was attractive, thin and dumb yet wildly popular. The repugs just don't have any good choices.

Yella

Yella

Its probably just as well that your or I didn't haveto do Rubio's thing, Hell, We woulda been reachin' for a cold beer.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum