Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Limbaugh appears to be gone from Pensacola radio

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Not on WCOA this morning. And not on the FM sister station.
And not anywhere on the dial that I can find.

knothead

knothead

Bob wrote:Not on WCOA this morning.  And not on the FM sister station.
And not anywhere on the dial that I can find.

Please tell me you are not in withdrawal Bob!!! lol

I only like him because it pizzes off you guys. I've never listened to ONE show.

knothead

knothead

PACEDOG#1 wrote:I only like him because it pizzes off you guys. I've never listened to ONE show.

Not me PD, he's a talking head and nothing more. I often wonder why people like him (or Hannity) are so informed and committed to "the way forward" for our country do they not step up and run for public office?

I know the answer, do you?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

knothead wrote:

Please tell me you are not in withdrawal Bob!!! lol

I'm a lifelong media junkie, knothead.

When he was on the radio, I listened occasionally. Mostly when I was in my car on the way to running errands. And when I get out of the shower and I turn on the radio while I'm dressing. That was how I found out this morning that he was gone.

He was simulcast on WCOA AM and it's sister cumulus station WJLQ FM. What is being heard on WCOA this morning is an infomercial. And Limbaugh has been replaced on the FM station with Rick Outzen running his mouth.

I must confess, when the alternative programming is a local financial planner doing an infomercial disguised as a radio program, and Rick Outzen trying to do a local interview show, yes I would prefer to hear Limbaugh's political wrastlin-o-mania. lol

He'll go on another local station. I'm just surprised that transition didn't happen immediately.

Bob. Please comment on the Rick O show. Reading some of his stuff is enough to make me puke. I can not conceive the thought of actually listening to him

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Mr Ichi wrote:Bob.  Please comment on the Rick O show.  Reading some of his stuff is enough to make me puke.  I can not conceive the thought of actually  listening to him

It's interesting because as many times as I've read his stuff,  it's the first time I've heard his voice.

The only comment I can make is he should stick to his written blog and newspaper.  As a radio performer he's just really amateurish.  

That's one thing you can't take away from Limbaugh.  Love him or hate him,  he was born to run his mouth on radio.  
But only radio.  When he tried to do a tv show it was a disaster and that's why he's never gone back.  lol

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I just read his opinion piece on Touart...speaking of wanting to...upchuck.

I guess he thinks he's pretty tough...going against the Mayor on the Fish House lease mess...at least he disclosed that both Merrill and Russenberger are both percentage (5%?) owners of the IN. Good grief.

Embarassed 

knothead wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:I only like him because it pizzes off you guys. I've never listened to ONE show.

Not me PD, he's a talking head and nothing more.  I often wonder why people like him (or Hannity) are so informed and committed to "the way forward" for our country do they not step up and run for public office?

I know the answer, do you?

They are making bank and would have to take a pay cut. ON the other hand people like Obama never made the kind of money he was making until the Senate and his elections to the POTUS.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Limbaugh's losing his advertisers...about time...sorry, Bob, but I have no respect for this blowhard charlatan, and I admit to having signed at least a dozen petitions to get rid of his sorry ass. If you're interested, there's a FB page: When Rush Limbaugh & Pat Robertson Meet in Hell...really.  Very Happy 

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Floridatexan wrote:
Limbaugh's losing his advertisers...about time...sorry, Bob, but I have no respect for this blowhard charlatan, and I admit to having signed at least a dozen petitions to get rid of his sorry ass.  If you're interested, there's a FB page:  When Rush Limbaugh & Pat Robertson Meet in Hell...really.  Very Happy 

But to give him his due, it's a rare person who engenders so much emotional reaction that he can engender a response like that Facebook page. And of course same can be said of Robertson. And I say that being of course no fan of either.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Actually, I take that back. It occurs to me someone yelling fire in a crowded theater can get just as emotional a reaction. He just doesn't get paid for doing it.
So, as I think about it, that aint exactly something admirable.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum