Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Screw Applebees. Did they act properly?

+5
Nekochan
boards of FL
2seaoat
Joanimaroni
Sal
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

http://consumerist.com/2013/01/31/waitress-who-posted-no-tip-receipt-from-pastor-customer-fired-from-job/

Waitress gets stiffed by woman pastor who says "I give God 10%, why should you get 18%... then gives nothing.

Waitress posts pic of receipt online as a joke, gets fired by Applebees after the pastor demands that everybody that touched receipt be fired.

Way to go Applebees. Evil or Very Mad

Sal

Sal

Applebees sucks.

We ate at one out of convenience a few years ago, and I wouldn't feed what we got to my dogs.

The pastor responds. She is sorry for her "lapse in judgement" and says she left a smaller cash tip on the table. My bullshit detector is way over in the positive range.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/01/pastor-apologizes-for-i-give-god-ten-percent-applebees-tip-receipt-waitress-fired_n_2594297.html

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Yomama wrote:http://consumerist.com/2013/01/31/waitress-who-posted-no-tip-receipt-from-pastor-customer-fired-from-job/

Waitress gets stiffed by woman pastor who says "I give God 10%, why should you get 18%... then gives nothing.

Waitress posts pic of receipt online as a joke, gets fired by Applebees after the pastor demands that everybody that touched receipt be fired.

If she can't afford a tip Mac Donald's is always an option.....perhaps she should eat a few more Big-Macs and call it a day.

2seaoat

20 people at a table where the bill was $34 and a person leaves an insulting note about not paying any tip.......$2.70 per person and just the water, place settings and labor to bring those tables to those folks consumed .70 per person. Folks who hold a meeting in a business and attempt to insult and stiff the wait staff, all while spending less than $2 a person......well God has a special place for those folks.

Are you sure that it wasn't one of many tickets for that table? I can't see where this was the total for all 20.

jose balu wrote:Are you sure that it wasn't one of many tickets for that table? I can't see where this was the total for all 20.

Maybe they all just had coffee and crumpets... I dunno...

2seaoat wrote:20 people at a table where the bill was $34 and a person leaves an insulting note about not paying any tip.......$1.70 per person and just the water, place settings and labor to bring those tables to those folks consumed .70 per person. Folks who hold a meeting in a business and attempt to insult and stiff the wait staff, all while spending less than $2 a person......well God has a special place for those folks.

You are assuming that is the total bill for all 20 people aren't you? A lot of times when I go out with a group of people we get separate checks. Also a number of restaurants will automatically add a gratuity to the tab if there are more than a certain number in the party.

Agreed the pastors rant was uncalled for and Applebees could be looking at a possible lawsuit for firing the waitress.

@ Joani: I would rather eat at McDonald's than I had at Applebees. I do not care for their food and every time I have been to one, the dining experience left a lot to be desired.

I dont like applebees.

Yes, she embarrassed herself and her ministry but rather than taking her punishment she complains to the company.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
2seaoat wrote:20 people at a table where the bill was $34 and a person leaves an insulting note about not paying any tip.......$1.70 per person and just the water, place settings and labor to bring those tables to those folks consumed .70 per person. Folks who hold a meeting in a business and attempt to insult and stiff the wait staff, all while spending less than $2 a person......well God has a special place for those folks.

You are assuming that is the total bill for all 20 people aren't you? A lot of times when I go out with a group of people we get separate checks. Also a number of restaurants will automatically add a gratuity to the tab if there are more than a certain number in the party.

Agreed the pastors rant was uncalled for and Applebees could be looking at a possible lawsuit for firing the waitress.

@ Joani: I would rather eat at McDonald's than I had at Applebees. I do not care for their food and every time I have been to one, the dining experience left a lot to be desired.

I am not fond of Applebee's and do not patronize them.... Chili's has lost my business also. Twice at Chili's we ordered appetizers to split and had to ask both times for a plate and utensil's. WTH!

boards of FL

boards of FL

If god gets 10% for doing absolutely nothing, I would think the server should get at least 20%!

2seaoat

The customer’s bill had included an automatic tip of 18% because, according to Chelsea, it had been part of a table of 20

You are correct....the article clearly says "part of a table of 20" which means all 20 were not accounted for on the bill. My mistake.

2seaoat

If god gets 10% for doing absolutely nothing, I would think the server should get at least 20%!

God is your server........that is the critical component of the minister's perception she will never understand.....it is how you treat people which has been clearly communicated in the bible, and for this minister to act in this way betrays her heart and her professed devotion.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Ok, I have a little different opinion on this. The waitress should not have posted the receipt with the customer's name on it. She should have known better. You don't post things like that on a public website with the customer's name on it. Firing her seems kind of harsh. She seems like a nice girl who didn't mean for the customer's identity to be known. But I hope she's learned something about customers' privacy rights and I also hope she finds a better job as a result of this.

Waiting tables is hard work. Here in Alabama the pay is something like $2.15 an hour. It's a ridiculously low wage. I wish restaurants in this country would go the way of Japan and other countries and pay their servers a better wage.

But the so-called pastor is a truly hateful woman. If she doesn't like tipping, if she doesn't like the automatic 18%, then she should go somewhere else. It's that simple. The fact that she called the restaurant and demanded that the wait staff be fired shows how hateful of a person she is. She had better be a little more concerned about her relationship with God than she is about how much servers are tipped.

Nekochan

Nekochan

2seaoat wrote:If god gets 10% for doing absolutely nothing, I would think the server should get at least 20%!

God is your server........that is the critical component of the minister's perception she will never understand.....it is how you treat people which has been clearly communicated in the bible, and for this minister to act in this way betrays her heart and her professed devotion.

AMEN!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

[quote="Yomama"]http://consumerist.com/2013/01/31/waitress-who-posted-no-tip-receipt-from-pastor-customer-fired-from-job/

[/quote

Don't ask me I think women pastors are a sin and an abomination. Especially this woman pastor.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

It wasn't that long ago that when someone like this "minister" made a fool of herself like this, the whole country wasn't let in on it. In fact no one would have known about it except a handful of restaurant employees.
The communications revolution has changed the world in so many ways.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

http://www.applebees.com/about-us/contact-us

Tell them how you feel...I did this morning.

Nekochan wrote:

Waiting tables is hard work. Here in Alabama the pay is something like $2.15 an hour. It's a ridiculously low wage. I wish restaurants in this country would go the way of Japan and other countries and pay their servers a better wage.

It's different all over our country.
Here in Oregon, wait staff get nearly $9.00 per hour. All states, IMO, should have to pay all employees AT LEAST the federal minimun wage. A tip should be exactly what it is, EXTRA, for good service. It should not be the customers responsibility to make up the wage difference.

I find it hard to believe that other employers in these states (right to work)have no problem with these employers getting away with paying so much less, out of the business' pocket, like everyone else has to.

Also, these restaurants do not charge the customer any less than in states where they have to pay minimum, like here, at least not in my experience.

I never eat at Applebys.

Last edited by jose balu on 2/1/2013, 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

The server was making a little over $3 per hour, I think.

The customer's name was not printed on the receipt. Their signature was on the receipt. The server said that there was a sort of guessing game as to the customer's name based upon the signature... and nobody had guessed right.

boards of FL wrote:If god gets 10% for doing absolutely nothing, I would think the server should get at least 20%!

Myself, I was wondering exactly how she delivered the money... Is that a wire transfer, does she write a check (which then leads to the question, where does she send it?), is it automatically withdrawn from her check and just sucked up into the big blue sky??

Nekochan

Nekochan

Eric, the video on your link shows the receipt with the signature at the bottom. This should have never been posted on a public website.

It does not change the fact that the pastor is a bitch. And no one knew her true identity until she showed up and demanded the wait staff be fired. If she had kept her hateful mouth shut, no one would know what a jerk she is.

Last edited by Nekochan on 2/1/2013, 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Joanimaroni wrote:http://www.applebees.com/about-us/contact-us

Tell them how you feel...I did this morning.

Thanks Joani, doing so now. I think they suck.... their food sucks and it sure looks like their policies do as well. I have only eaten there with my team because one of my old managers liked the place. I hated it. Way overpriced crap food. Even though it was always on the company when we went, my buddy and I used to always get one of their 2 for 1 deals or just salads (which also suck) when we went just because we thought it was such a monumental waste of money.

Nekochan wrote:Eric, the video on your link shows the receipt with the signature at the bottom. This should have never been posted on a public website.

It does not change the fact that the pastor is a bitch. And no one knew her true identity until she showed up and demanded the wait staff be fired. If she had kept her hateful mouth shut, no one would know what a jerk she is.

But, Neko, the pastor's name wasn't there, was it??? besides the signature? If that is true, and if nobody could guess to whom the signature belonged, then I submit that nobody was slandered... until the pastor raised a ruckus.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum