Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

obama Continues Wars for the MIC

+3
Wordslinger
Markle
othershoe1030
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

http://www.axiomatica.org/revealing-the-matrix/military-industrial-complex
obama Continues Wars for the MIC Country-distribution-2011

This is what needs to Stop..
We should be building America instead of other countries..
If we have a problem with some other country, just send a drone to kill their leader..
There's no need to kill innocent civilians who hate their leaders as many here do..

A bump just to see who cares about a real spending issue..

It would be real easy to lower that expenditure, but then who fills the power vacuum that we leave when:

1) we let Japan/South Korea become nuclear in the Far East to counter the Chinese and the N. Koreans

2) we let the Germans get the bomb in Europe (won't make the Russkies or other Euro powers very happy considering Germany's previous belligerance in modern history)

Yeah, we could step away from that all and stick our heads in the sand hoping that the rest of the world wouldn't drag us into their Great Power Wars, but we've never been able to do that with the exception of when George Washington was POTUS. Everytime we've beat our swords into plowshares, it has cost us in American lives. I believe those are actually worth the time and effort we expend right now. Cheaper now than later for sure...both of the aforementioned regions cost us billions, but again what are American lives, free trade, and the spread of democracy worth?

Why not let some other countries go broke being the police of the world..
I learned a long time ago to take out the big guy and the rest of them run..
I'm all for drones and snipers to take care of business..

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Lurch wrote:This is what needs to Stop..
If we have a problem with some other country, just send a drone to kill their leader..
There's no need to kill innocent civilians who hate their leaders as many here do..

Obviously this is a tough nut to crack because most Americans don't have the foggiest notion about what that chart shows. They hear the pols, mostly R's shouting in the general direction of the White House about how Obama is trying to gut our military and they join the chorus without knowing the numbers.

Also, as you know, defense spending is the big jobs program (oops, I forgot, the government doesn't create jobs, my bad!) that is spread throughout the country into every congressional district. Look how Miller's hair spontaneously combusts during the BRAC reviews!

All those engineers, computer geeks, and support businesses from nuts and bolts to restaurants in towns far and near have come to depend on this huge payroll from the feds.

At this point the MIC has the nation pretty well snowed and sewn up.

othershoe1030 wrote:
Lurch wrote:This is what needs to Stop..

Obviously this is a tough nut to crack because most Americans don't have the foggiest notion about what that chart shows. They hear the pols, mostly R's shouting in the general direction of the White House about how Obama is trying to gut our military and they join the chorus without knowing the numbers.

Also, as you know, defense spending is the big jobs program (oops, I forgot, the government doesn't create jobs, my bad!) that is spread throughout the country into every congressional district. Look how Miller's hair spontaneously combusts during the BRAC reviews!

All those engineers, computer geeks, and support businesses from nuts and bolts to restaurants in towns far and near have come to depend on this huge payroll from the feds.

At this point the MIC has the nation pretty well snowed and sewn up.
They sure do.. Just think of how many American lives could be made better if their 53% taxes went to roads, bridges and health care instead of building other countries that we invade and give free health care to.. I just can't understand how Anybody can be okay with what is happening in America.. The MIC is raping us blind and playin everybody for fools.. And they think it's "Patriotic" to do so.. WTF??

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Our gross over-spending on weapons systems, planes no one wants, etc. needs to be hammered into the public consciousness until the people wake up.

As long as we can stay entertained by the likes of F news discussing dogs on cars and so on we won't be allowed to see the real problem.

My idea is to re-tool at least some of the high tech defense industry into doing R and D on wind generators (small ones for our houses, pin wheel sized)better and cheaper solar panels, better and cheaper storage batteries for vehicles, etc. These are all areas where we are in danger of falling behind the rest of the world. It would still be or could be government work, good paying jobs and better for everyone in the long run.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Here's the sort of thing that might help shift swords into plowshares. If we didn't have to fight for oil/energy we could afford to reduce military spending.

The U.S. Department of Defense plans to open up 16 million acres of its land for renewable energy development, which it hopes will create a boom of solar, wind and geothermal projects and provide clean power to military bases, the department announced Monday.

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and the Interior Secretary Ken Salazar signed a memorandum of understanding to work together on promoting renewable energy generation projects on public land that has historically been restricted for military uses. About 13 million of those 16 million acres are located in western U.S., where a lot of solar, wind and geothermal power development already has been taking place on private and other types of public land.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/uciliawang/2012/08/06/u-s-military-opens-up-16m-acres-for-renewable-energy-projects/

http://www.energybulletin.net/node/29925
http://www.energybulletin.net/node/13199
Our military consumes more fuel than Anybody..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_war_in_Afghanistan

[quote="Lurch"][quote="othershoe1030"]
Lurch wrote: The MIC is raping us blind and playin everybody for fools.. And they think it's "Patriotic" to do so.. WTF??

Actually it is our illustrious elected folk that are raping the tax payer. The "MIC" as you say is nothing without funding that comes from the elected pols'.

WAR CRIMINALS..!!

[quote="nochain"][quote="Lurch"]
othershoe1030 wrote:
Lurch wrote: The MIC is raping us blind and playin everybody for fools.. And they think it's "Patriotic" to do so.. WTF??

Actually it is our illustrious elected folk that are raping the tax payer. The "MIC" as you say is nothing without funding that comes from the elected pols'.
Who in the Hell do you think is pullin their strings? (payin them off)

PkrBum wrote:WAR CRIMINALS..!!
Not just your regular War Criminal tho.. A Nobel peace prize War Criminal..

Markle

Markle

Lurch wrote:http://www.axiomatica.org/revealing-the-matrix/military-industrial-complex
obama Continues Wars for the MIC Country-distribution-201

ANYONE who takes seriously the figures from Russia, China and other countries should seriously look at buying that bridge in Pensacola that went bankrupt.

Lurch, and the other Progressives don't even know what is counted in the military budget. For instance, China has the second largest container ship company in the world. It is not counted as being part of their military BUT it is run by the Red Army. No one has a serious figure for how many submarines they have not how many they are building.

When President Eisenhower made those statements, how long did it take to mount the attack on D-Day? How long would it take for the same, or even more firepower to be launched on Normandy Beach today? Aircraft carriers, stealth bombers launched from the central U.S., drones, laser guided missiles....

Wasn't there a Russian Submarine which recently spent a MONTH cruising unnoticed throughout the Gulf of Mexico?

Perhaps you had not noticed but we are living in a world economy and one where strikes can and are made in minutes, not weeks or months.

Last edited by Markle on 8/22/2012, 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

17obama Continues Wars for the MIC Empty screw the military 8/22/2012, 8:29 pm

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Lurch wrote:Why not let some other countries go broke being the police of the world..

Our military hasn't won a war since Greneda ... and they cost more every year. Reality.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Wordslinger wrote:
Lurch wrote:Why not let some other countries go broke being the police of the world..

Our military hasn't won a war since Greneda ... and they cost more every year. Reality.

Why do I get the impression that you're happy that you think we haven't won a war since granada?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Careful this guy was committed for disagreeing with official administrative policy. They put him in a nut house and now they are relocating him to a VA government nuthouse where, who knows he may come out chemically reprogrammed.

http://www.infowars.com/supporters-fear-facebook-marine-being-disappeared/

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

othershoe1030 wrote:Here's the sort of thing that might help shift swords into plowshares. If we didn't have to fight for oil/energy we could afford to reduce military spending.

The U.S. Department of Defense plans to open up 16 million acres of its land for renewable energy development, which it hopes will create a boom of solar, wind and geothermal projects and provide clean power to military bases, the department announced Monday.

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and the Interior Secretary Ken Salazar signed a memorandum of understanding to work together on promoting renewable energy generation projects on public land that has historically been restricted for military uses. About 13 million of those 16 million acres are located in western U.S., where a lot of solar, wind and geothermal power development already has been taking place on private and other types of public land.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/uciliawang/2012/08/06/u-s-military-opens-up-16m-acres-for-renewable-energy-projects/

The military knows its Achilles heel is its fuel supplies. That is why they are diving into renewable energy at full force. They also understand that fossil fuels are finite in quantity.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Well if only I had been born in 50 years from now I could have been a simple hunter gatherer frolicking with women in the deserted cities

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/22/13408945-no-one-really-cares-us-deaths-in-afghanistan-hit-2000-in-forgotten-war?lite&__utma=238145375.1868820956.1344856706.1345830298.1346054292.60&__utmb=238145375.5.10.1346054292&__utmc=238145375&__utmx=-&__utmz=238145375.1345830188.58.23.utmcsr=google|utmccn=(organic)|utmcmd=organic|utmctr=nuclear%20centrifuge%20nbc%20news|utmcct=/&__utmv=238145375.|8=Earned%20By=msnbc%7Ccover=1^12=Landing%20Content=Mixed=1^13=Landing%20Hostname=www.nbcnews.com=1^30=Visit%20Type%20to%20Content=Earned%20to%20Mixed=1&__utmk=26837630

I didn't forget..

The MIC wants people to forget how much these wars are draining our resources and tax dollars.. We need to stand up against this bull shit..

Lurch wrote:http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/22/13408945-no-one-really-cares-us-deaths-in-afghanistan-hit-2000-in-forgotten-war?lite&__utma=238145375.1868820956.1344856706.1345830298.1346054292.60&__utmb=238145375.5.10.1346054292&__utmc=238145375&__utmx=-&__utmz=238145375.1345830188.58.23.utmcsr=google|utmccn=(organic)|utmcmd=organic|utmctr=nuclear%20centrifuge%20nbc%20news|utmcct=/&__utmv=238145375.|8=Earned%20By=msnbc%7Ccover=1^12=Landing%20Content=Mixed=1^13=Landing%20Hostname=www.nbcnews.com=1^30=Visit%20Type%20to%20Content=Earned%20to%20Mixed=1&__utmk=26837630

I didn't forget..

The MIC wants people to forget how much these wars are draining our resources and tax dollars.. We need to stand up against this bull shit..

isn't that what obama campaigned on? before he got elected and not only continued the bush policies but expanded them? i actually held out some hope for obama and his "bridge the gap" crap... i wonder what happened to the left's gag reflex?

Ron Paul is the Only one who will even mention stopping these wars...
The rest of them are bought and paid for and the way I see it they're Anti-American bringing down Our country like this..

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

obama Continues Wars for the MIC Ronpau11

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum