Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Immigration reform to add millions to Obamacare rolls

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Chrissy wrote:I dont think the dscussion needs to be if mexicans are hard workers or not.

if they are here ILLEGALLY. we should not be rewarding them with the rights and benefits that come with being a LEGAL CITIZEN.

basically what we have done is say, we really dont have borders. you can come here and get free everything, gov loans etc. you come here and you will get treated better than those who were born here. We have special things set aside for you to help you. and your old, they can still have Social security benefits too even though they did not work all thier life in america and pay into it. same for medicare. we want all the poor immigrants to infiltrate us. yay!

One more time for slow:

YOU DO NOT AND I REPEAT..... DO NOT GET SOCIAL SECURITY, MEDICAID, MEDICARE OR FOODSTAMPS UNLESS YOU ARE A US CITIZEN.

Look up the laws before you all start that crap again.

bigt wrote:Chrissy, neither one of those links worked: but below is the eligibility from medicare.gov.

Generally, you are eligible for Medicare if you or your spouse worked for at least 10 years in Medicare-covered employment and you are 65 years or older and a citizen or permanent resident of the United States. If you aren’t yet 65, you might also qualify for coverage if you have a disability or with End-Stage Renal disease (permanent kidney failure requiring dialysis or transplant).
Here are some simple guidelines. You can get Part A at age 65 without having to pay premiums if:
You already get retirement benefits from Social Security or the Railroad Retirement Board.

You are eligible to get Social Security or Railroad benefits but haven't yet filed for them.

You or your spouse had Medicare-covered government employment.
If you are under 65, you can get Part A without having to pay premiums if you have:
Received Social Security or Railroad Retirement Board disability benefits for 24 months.

End-Stage Renal Disease and meet certain requirements.
While you don’t have to pay a premium for Part A if you meet one of those conditions, you must pay for Part B if you want it. The Part B monthly premium in 2013 is $104.90. For additional details, visit www.Medicare.gov. It is deducted from your Social Security, Railroad Retirement, or Civil Service Retirement check. If you don’t get any of the above payments, Medicare sends you a bill for your Part B premium every 3 months.
Note: You will be eligible for Medicare when you turn 65 even if you are not eligible for Social Security retirement benefits.
If you have questions about your eligibility for Medicare Part A or Part B, or if you want to apply for Medicare, please call Social Security at 1-800-772-1213 or visit or call your local Social Security office. TTY users should call 1-800-325-0778. You can also get information about buying Part A as well as Part B if you don’t qualify for premium-free Part A.

They just can't get it through their heads.Even if you are an illegal alien and paid into SS & medicare you will not get those benefits unless you are a citizen.It is the law.Plenty of illegals pay into this and will never collect because they are not citizens.

As a non-citizen, you have to pay monthly premiums for Medicare Part B and Part D. How much you pay in premiums depends upon your level of income. You are required to pay higher premiums for Part B if your income falls into higher levels. As of 2011, if you file your tax return as married jointly, and if your income is higher than $170,000, you have to pay higher premiums for Parts B and D. If you have any other filing status, and if your income is higher than $85,000, you also must pay higher premiums

Read more: Eligibility Requirements for Non-US Citizens to Receive Medicare Benefits | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/info_7851972_eligibility-citizens-receive-medicare-benefits.html#ixzz2JEBjB6tZ

and then thers fraud........

and people who come here, work 5 years, retire and get full benfits for life, after only paying in 5 years.

I know they get it. I audit every case that comes through th lab. I see em. ill amit, i dont know all the ways thay can get it, but thye are.

me got to go to bed.............later sexy ..... Wink

Chrissy wrote:As a non-citizen, you have to pay monthly premiums for Medicare Part B and Part D. How much you pay in premiums depends upon your level of income. You are required to pay higher premiums for Part B if your income falls into higher levels. As of 2011, if you file your tax return as married jointly, and if your income is higher than $170,000, you have to pay higher premiums for Parts B and D. If you have any other filing status, and if your income is higher than $85,000, you also must pay higher premiums

Read more: Eligibility Requirements for Non-US Citizens to Receive Medicare Benefits | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/info_7851972_eligibility-citizens-receive-medicare-benefits.html#ixzz2JEBjB6tZ

and then thers fraud........

and people who come here, work 5 years, retire and get full benfits for life, after only paying in 5 years.

I know they get it. I audit every case that comes through th lab. I see em. ill amit, i dont know all the ways thay can get it, but thye are.

me got to go to bed.............later sexy ..... Wink

You are wrong and didn't read your own link. They are not eligible for Part A and must pay for Part B the same as if they purchased a policy.They do not get benefits for life and that is simply false.

Dreamsglore wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
PkrBum wrote:To be objective... the vast majority of Mexicans here are highly desirable citizens. The bigger question is the relationship our govt appears to have with the criminal cartels in Mexico. Why are we giving them assault weapons and keeping open their avenue for drugs and human trafficking/slavery/exploitation? What exactly is the objective?

Really, they work minimum wage jobs or get paid under the table...where do you think that they will first go for benefits>

You underestimate their work ethic, family unit, and sensibilities... while ignoring the real issue I presented.

The issue is that the country is going BROKE. We cannot afford to IMPORT more people unqualified for entry level jobs that demand government subsistence to survive. How many generations of immigrants will it take to get them to the average African American, Asian, or Caucasian with a college degree?

Immigrants are not eligible for govt. assistance unless they are citizens. How many times do you have to be told that?

Government assistance is not just food stamps or section 8 housing. It is medical care of which no hospital will refuse, educational services (of which no public school system turns down a student even those who need ESOL services which is additional expenses), and the like. They can and often do get food stamps and there is a program that is advertised in Mexico that lets prospective immigrants get public assistance here in the states. You are WRONG again.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

An influential group of senators from both parties has reached a deal on the outlines of a comprehensive immigration deal. According to a document provided to POLITICO, the deal would create a pathway to citizenship for the nation's 11 million illegal immigrants, but establishing that pathway could only come after the U.S. puts in place stricter enforcement measures. A different path to citizenship would be established for young individuals who came illegally to the country as children and agriculture industry workers.

The plan would also seek an overhaul of the legal immigration system to attract high-skilled workers, while adding tougher measures aimed at forcing employers to ensure they're hiring legal workers.

Many of the details have still yet to be worked out since the plan has not yet been drafted as legislation. The Democrats who have endorsed the plan are Sens. Chuck Schumer, Dick Durbin, Bob Menendez and Michael Bennet. The Republicans are Sens. John McCain, Marco Rubio, Lindsey Graham and Jeff Flake.

For more information... http://www.politico.com

othershoe1030 wrote:An influential group of senators from both parties has reached a deal on the outlines of a comprehensive immigration deal. According to a document provided to POLITICO, the deal would create a pathway to citizenship for the nation's 11 million illegal immigrants, but establishing that pathway could only come after the U.S. puts in place stricter enforcement measures. A different path to citizenship would be established for young individuals who came illegally to the country as children and agriculture industry workers.

The plan would also seek an overhaul of the legal immigration system to attract high-skilled workers, while adding tougher measures aimed at forcing employers to ensure they're hiring legal workers.

Many of the details have still yet to be worked out since the plan has not yet been drafted as legislation. The Democrats who have endorsed the plan are Sens. Chuck Schumer, Dick Durbin, Bob Menendez and Michael Bennet. The Republicans are Sens. John McCain, Marco Rubio, Lindsey Graham and Jeff Flake.

For more information... http://www.politico.com

No details means it will be like Obamacare...pass it to see what is in it and then figure out how much PAIN and SUFFERING the average American will have to put up with...

Markle

Markle

No one has even mentioned the cost of schooling all the illegal aliens.

Not only do we have all those extra children going to school but we require their classes be taught in Spanish. Then we also feed them breakfast and lunch. All the while they are being taught in Spanish so they are never really absorbed into the culture.

Democrats don't want the borders closed or illegal immigration stopped because they tend to be people who came here for government freebies and to ultimately vote Democrat to keep those dollars flowing.

Republicans don't want the borders closed or illegal immigration stopped because they want the low priced worker and those happy to work off the clock.

To make it worse, we have cities who believe they are doing the right thing by declaring themselves "Sanctuary Cities" where Illegal Aliens are welcomed with open arms.

We have states giving in-state tuition to illegal alliens but NOT to the American Citizen who lives in the state next door.

Committee's accomplish nothing. One of my favorite cliche's is that the Camel is the result of a committee trying to design a horse.

In my opinion...we need a truely bi-partisian committee to come up with a plan and then one person, strong enough and with enough charisma to push it through congress and the White House.

illegal immigrants has become the new block of pandering tools. It will cost the American tax payer a LOT of money in order to satisfy the urge to pander and pay for votes for our elected.

The beat goes on.............

and many willfully acept tossing the constitution own the drain. So once again instead of our elected doing thier jobs and closing the border we willpass laws that make it even more appealing to cross it.

cool1

cool1

It just does not make sence they say Americans need jobs but at the same time they do something like this which would take jobs-crazy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum