Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Immigration reform to add millions to Obamacare rolls

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/health-reform-implementation/279231-immigration-reform-could-add-millions-under-obama-health-law#ixzz2J5kxjSpY

Can we afford this? Not.

To be objective... the vast majority of Mexicans here are highly desirable citizens. The bigger question is the relationship our govt appears to have with the criminal cartels in Mexico. Why are we giving them assault weapons and keeping open their avenue for drugs and human trafficking/slavery/exploitation? What exactly is the objective?

PkrBum wrote:To be objective... the vast majority of Mexicans here are highly desirable citizens. The bigger question is the relationship our govt appears to have with the criminal cartels in Mexico. Why are we giving them assault weapons and keeping open their avenue for drugs and human trafficking/slavery/exploitation? What exactly is the objective?

Really, they work minimum wage jobs or get paid under the table...where do you think that they will first go for benefits>

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
PkrBum wrote:To be objective... the vast majority of Mexicans here are highly desirable citizens. The bigger question is the relationship our govt appears to have with the criminal cartels in Mexico. Why are we giving them assault weapons and keeping open their avenue for drugs and human trafficking/slavery/exploitation? What exactly is the objective?

Really, they work minimum wage jobs or get paid under the table...where do you think that they will first go for benefits>

You underestimate their work ethic, family unit, and sensibilities... while ignoring the real issue I presented.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

So say you that one that works a minimum wage job or gets paid under the table is an undesirable? I know hundreds a people here in Pensacola white that get paid under the table or work minimum wage jobs. I guess your christian beliefs looks down on quite a few. A Teacher? I don't believe that for one minute.

bigt wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

So say you that one that works a minimum wage job or gets paid under the table is an undesirable? I know hundreds a people here in Pensacola white that get paid under the table or work minimum wage jobs. I guess your christian beliefs looks down on quite a few. A Teacher? I don't believe that for one minute.

Believe it. He's from SRC. It's another world here.

Dreamsglore wrote:
bigt wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Believe it. He's from SRC. It's another world here.

I know I've been to Pace and dealt with people there, I think they should just have their own little country with a fence around it and not let anyone out.

PkrBum wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

You underestimate their work ethic, family unit, and sensibilities... while ignoring the real issue I presented.

Great... miss the point entirely.

PkrBum wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

No, I just know that they will take whatever is offered and not bitch about it.

bigt wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

While they are paid under the table and not reporting income, they are sucking off the system.

PkrBum wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

The issue is that the country is going BROKE. We cannot afford to IMPORT more people unqualified for entry level jobs that demand government subsistence to survive. How many generations of immigrants will it take to get them to the average African American, Asian, or Caucasian with a college degree?

Exclamation
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Wrong... That's a prejudice. The latin family unit is very strong... easily as strong as anglo units. The blacks used to be too.

If you could look at things a tiny bit differently... you would have a lot in common with them.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

The issue is that the country is going BROKE. We cannot afford to IMPORT more people unqualified for entry level jobs that demand government subsistence to survive. How many generations of immigrants will it take to get them to the average African American, Asian, or Caucasian with a college degree?

Immigrants are not eligible for govt. assistance unless they are citizens. How many times do you have to be told that?

PkrBum wrote: Exclamation
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Wrong... That's a prejudice. The latin family unit is very strong... easily as strong as anglo units. The blacks used to be too.

If you could look at things a tiny bit differently... you would have a lot in common with them.

If that is so, why do they support the handouts of the Democrats? I know that my great grandmother came here from Ireland. The Irish put up with a lot more than most when it came to prejudice. Hell, they were thought lower than the Chinese who worked on the Transcontinental Railroad with them. We didn't have an Irish Catholic POTUS until 1960.

I dont think the dscussion needs to be if mexicans are hard workers or not.

if they are here ILLEGALLY. we should not be rewarding them with the rights and benefits that come with being a LEGAL CITIZEN.

basically what we have done is say, we really dont have borders. you can come here and get free everything, gov loans etc. you come here and you will get treated better than those who were born here. We have special things set aside for you to help you. and your old, they can still have Social security benefits too even though they did not work all thier life in america and pay into it. same for medicare. we want all the poor immigrants to infiltrate us. yay!

cool1

cool1

I agree with Crissy

I agree they should be here legally. I also agree taking money under the table regardless of race or ethnic background is not right. What I don't agree to is that if you don't pay into social security or medicare they are not receiving it. There may be that one case out there that a disabled kid may be drawing disability but that is a long shot.

bigt wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

1) Getting paid under the table steals from the government so that you and I have to work more to pay for the services government provides. Immigration, per the plan of the POTUS, will add millions more to be paid for and again if they are working under the table, how will their part of Obamacare be paid for? (You and I, that is how.)

2) There was a time in this country when people were actually stopped at Ellis Island and questioned before being allowed entry. If those persons were not bringing in skills that helped America, they were returned to their home country. It should be no different now.

PkrBum wrote: Exclamation
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Really? That is prejudice? It is fact. Ask local contractors who they hire to work for them as laborers, carpenter/electric helpers, and for the most part, all concrete work is subcontracted out to this group because they will work for less/under the table for cash and not complain about it.

Go to Floridatown in Pace and see the houses that are slammed full of folks (men) living together and then working as day labor. That's not prejudice, that is fact.

Massive immigration reform the way the Democrats want it will be the last key in creating a Balkanized America.

I give up... I think we can agree that there is no reform without securing the border tho. It's flat stupid that we can be spied on and listened to and groped and searched all for this big security crisis... but the govt doesn't even secure the fricking border. Gawd we're dumb.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PkrBum wrote:I give up... I think we can agree that there is no reform without securing the border tho. It's flat stupid that we can be spied on and listened to and groped and searched all for this big security crisis... but the govt doesn't even secure the fricking border. Gawd we're dumb.

I agree with Pkr.....

bigt wrote:I agree they should be here legally. I also agree taking money under the table regardless of race or ethnic background is not right. What I don't agree to is that if you don't pay into social security or medicare they are not receiving it. There may be that one case out there that a disabled kid may be drawing disability but that is a long shot.

I think you would be surprised at how illegals or even recent immigrant citizens access to gov cash. I didnt learn all this till I moved down here where we have a significant cuban and haitian population.

http://www.socialsecurity.gov/ssi/spotlights/spot-non-citizens.htm

heres the full site dedicated to it.

http://www.welcometousa.gov/Government_benefits/default.htm[/

as far as medicare, if they are a lawfully admitted NON-citizen after 5 years, they get benefits. [url=http://www.newmexicoresources.org/pages.cfm?ContentID=53&pageID=13&Subpages='yes'&DynamicID=705#notcitizen]http://www.newmexicoresources.org/pages.cfm?ContentID=53&pageID=13&Subpages='yes'&DynamicID=705#notcitizen

I stand by my earlier post. We basically have just said. The american tax payer will fund you. come come

Chrissy, neither one of those links worked: but below is the eligibility from medicare.gov.

Generally, you are eligible for Medicare if you or your spouse worked for at least 10 years in Medicare-covered employment and you are 65 years or older and a citizen or permanent resident of the United States. If you aren’t yet 65, you might also qualify for coverage if you have a disability or with End-Stage Renal disease (permanent kidney failure requiring dialysis or transplant).
Here are some simple guidelines. You can get Part A at age 65 without having to pay premiums if:
You already get retirement benefits from Social Security or the Railroad Retirement Board.

You are eligible to get Social Security or Railroad benefits but haven't yet filed for them.

You or your spouse had Medicare-covered government employment.
If you are under 65, you can get Part A without having to pay premiums if you have:
Received Social Security or Railroad Retirement Board disability benefits for 24 months.

End-Stage Renal Disease and meet certain requirements.
While you don’t have to pay a premium for Part A if you meet one of those conditions, you must pay for Part B if you want it. The Part B monthly premium in 2013 is $104.90. For additional details, visit www.Medicare.gov. It is deducted from your Social Security, Railroad Retirement, or Civil Service Retirement check. If you don’t get any of the above payments, Medicare sends you a bill for your Part B premium every 3 months.
Note: You will be eligible for Medicare when you turn 65 even if you are not eligible for Social Security retirement benefits.
If you have questions about your eligibility for Medicare Part A or Part B, or if you want to apply for Medicare, please call Social Security at 1-800-772-1213 or visit or call your local Social Security office. TTY users should call 1-800-325-0778. You can also get information about buying Part A as well as Part B if you don’t qualify for premium-free Part A.

PkrBum wrote:I give up... I think we can agree that there is no reform without securing the border tho. It's flat stupid that we can be spied on and listened to and groped and searched all for this big security crisis... but the govt doesn't even secure the fricking border. Gawd we're dumb.

OK, I agree. The border should be locked down. We've got a lot of trained troops that would more than willingly DEPLOY to the border for months at a time. Of course, that would require changing some laws, but it could be done.

* Draw back 100 yards from current border. Build a real fence, with real intrusion prevention items (guards, dogs, mines, TV monitoring, motion detection, and UAV suveillance 24/7/365) and then allow the troops to do their friggin' jobs.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

OK, I agree. The border should be locked down. We've got a lot of trained troops that would more than willingly DEPLOY to the border for months at a time. Of course, that would require changing some laws, but it could be done.

* Draw back 100 yards from current border. Build a real fence, with real intrusion prevention items (guards, dogs, mines, TV monitoring, motion detection, and UAV suveillance 24/7/365) and then allow the troops to do their friggin' jobs.

Watchout, the Communist countries did all of this, but it was to keep people in, not keep them from coming in. Who is to say such a set up might one day be used against Americans rather than for them?

I agree in principle the border needs to be secured. There has to be a better way than mining it--that is extreme.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum