Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Most Americans are in favor of immigration reform

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Many of the conservative contributors to this little forum are vehemently opposed to what the majority of Americans want.
Read more:
http://publicreligion.org/research/2013/11/2013-immigration-ii/
Just another example of how the far-far-right is not in step with the rest of the country.  The ultra-conservative views often expressed on this forum are obsolete and are not what the majority of Americans think or believe.
Just a reminder that the hate/filth/crap typed on this cute, little forum by the frighty-righties is not the way most Americans think or act.
Thanks for your time.

Why does immigration reform exist? What you support does nothing to fix the fact that millions are here illegally.

We did the amnesty thing... remember? How many times do you purpose we do that? Reform infers a solution.

I think mexicans are a wonderful people... and are desirable as an addition to our country. Perhaps you'd like to give them an easier path to citizenship than the rest of the world? That doesn't seem fair to me... but let's look at the big picture.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Most Americans oppose Obamacare........who's out of touch?

2seaoat

That doesn't seem fair to me... but let's look at the big picture.

I agree that it is not fair. Penalties for bad behavior are supposed to deter future crime. I think when Ronald Reagan proposed the original path to citizenship with the best of intentions and we did experience economic growth, however, we needed to make sure that our borders were better secured. They are much better secured today than they were 25 years ago.

These folks have to be punished. I know some people on this forum want capital punishment or expulsion, and think any other reasonable punishment is an appeasement and not a proper deterrence for future criminal behavior.

I disagree, and believe large monetary fines and conditions on every applicant are sufficient punishment, as long as the borders are more secure.
The big picture is 10 million productive citizens contributing and not living in the shadows. Like a person who speeds we could have officers pull their guns, shoot the driver, and then sell their vehicle to buy more bullets. We tend to find a speeding ticket to be a petty crime, and I believe trying to find work and improve your family's future is a great goal, but the petty crime of not doing the paperwork should be punished.

The racist stuff is simply that, and people are people......if you want to make it a capital offense.....go for it, but our real purpose should be working to deter or minimize future criminal actions and failures to do the paperwork.

In regard to the American people not being in favor of the Affordable Care Act, it has been argued that the 2012 election was a mandate and approval of the same......I think that is as foolish as saying Americans do not like it. It will have to go through about three penalty phases or four to five years to objectively render an opinion on success of the program. First, Americans will need to decide how success is measured. Will it be simply what is best for that family? Will it be the a belief of what is best for the country? Or will it simply be a destructive belief that all government is bad and none of it matters because all government programs are inherently bad. I personally think in five years the majority of Americans on both sides of the aisle will be working for Medicare for all.

Ssaoat like most business owners you only want cheap labor hypocrit boy

We can't afford to add 11 -12 mil more people that will go straight to welfare rolls

PACEDOG#1 wrote:We can't afford to add 11 -12 mil more people that will go straight to welfare rolls
That's false. I would be more worried about money going back to the criminal cartels that hold these people in servitude.

Y'all need to understand the way the system works.

2seaoat

Y'all need to understand the way the system works.

I know the stories of illegal aliens and the impact on their families with continued policies of injustice. Justice requires punishment and a path to citizenship. We just need to dial back the hate, and actually buy into the the concept that all men are created equal. I have seen folks processed in the first path to citizenship who have simply been excellent American citizens who are productive and involved in their communities. However, I start with no baggage of hate toward Hispanics, and I do not share the fear or culture shock having lived in Mexico. It really is going to be Ok. Our country is going to get stronger. People really will prosper. Our nation is a good nation who strives to perfect what we do wrong.....strive is an important word.

2seaoat wrote:Y'all need to understand the way the system works.

I know the stories of illegal aliens and the impact on their families with continued policies of injustice. Justice requires punishment and a path to citizenship. We just need to dial back the hate, and actually buy into the the concept that all men are created equal. I have seen folks processed in the first path to citizenship who have simply been excellent American citizens who are productive and involved in their communities. However, I start with no baggage of hate toward Hispanics, and I do not share the fear or culture shock having lived in Mexico. It really is going to be Ok. Our country is going to get stronger. People really will prosper. Our nation is a good nation who strives to perfect what we do wrong.....strive is an important word.
I have no fear of hispanics... I infact like them. What you should despise is the exploitation of these people.

We could cut the criminal element off if that were the political will. We don't... what does that tell you?

Pkr, so where does the money come from that the middle class has to pay to support this group of people? None make enough money and will be added to the EIC and get a refund on top of not paying any federal tax.

There are no jobs right now for Americans so where will rhe illegals work?

Illegals are going to fill entry level jobs at a time when high school age and college age kids can't find enough employment as is....

2seaoat wrote:...These folks have to be punished.  I know some people on this forum want capital punishment or expulsion, and think any other reasonable punishment is an appeasement and not a proper deterrence for future criminal behavior.

I disagree, and believe large monetary fines and conditions on every applicant are sufficient punishment, as long as the borders are more secure.
The big picture is 10 million productive citizens contributing and not living in the shadows.  Like a person who speeds we could have officers pull their guns, shoot the driver, and then sell their vehicle to buy more bullets.  We tend to find a speeding ticket to be a petty crime, and I believe trying to find work and improve your family's future is a great goal, but the petty crime of not doing the paperwork should be punished...
Most Americans are in favor of immigration reform Z

Not interested in your vague promises that the administration wants to make and not keep of this and that needing to be done to curtail the illegals.

I'm interested in fairness.

If you want to grant amnesty to all those illegals then fifty people will be granted permission to come here legally and half of them will come from SE Asia. While those here illegally will represent their countries quota based on the world population.

Open the damn floodgates and stop the open racism of liberal favoritism towards specific minority groupings while denying the privilege of coming here to all the rest of the people of the world!

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOEQTJV_3-w

Smile 

2seaoat

Illegals are going to fill entry level jobs at a time when high school age and college age kids can't find enough employment as is....

The net effect will be job creation as 10 million new Americans go out and get driver license, homes, cars, credit cards, lawn mowers, etc......I will make a generalization which may be different than your experience, but most Hispanics I have had the privilege to know are not afraid of work, and in their culture hard work is ingrained. Sure there will be a small percentage which fulfill your perception, but I think you will be pleased in five years with the positive impact on our economy and our country.

2seaoat

Open the damn floodgates

Congress can debate the same. However, the immediate problem needs to be solved and we need to use our brain. Good things are coming to this country. My grandchildren will have a quality life in a great country. I am sad most for our loss of faith and optimism. We have become spoiled and soft. I think one might even say bored......looking for something to turn our lives into happiness when we already live in the greatest nation the world and have been blessed with amazing wealth and opportunity. Yet, the weakest among us are downcast and bulldozed........nope, we live in a great country and justice will prevail in the end.

2seaoat wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:Open the damn floodgates
Congress can debate the same.
No let's discuss it now. I've offered you a compromise... So compromise. I find it more likely that your deflection is that you don't want their kind here.

2seaoat wrote:However, the immediate problem needs to be solved and we need to use our brain.
Then compromise. Fifty legal immigrants from around the world will be granted permission to immigrate to the United States, and half will come from SE Asia, for every amnesty granted to your favored minority of illegals.

Oh that's right you don't want their kind here.

2seaoat wrote:Good things are coming to this country.
They will be after you accept the compromise I offered.

2seaoat wrote:My grandchildren will have a quality life in a great country.
Oh I see... Your grandchildren are part of the minority which you want to grant the special privilege of amnesty to.

No favoritism on your part.
(Tongue in cheek)

2seaoat wrote:I am sad most for our loss of faith and optimism.
No loss of faith or optimism.

After you accept the compromise offered there'll be a lot of work to be done, like construction to build enough housing for all those people, we'll experience an economic boom in this country from that alone.

Not only that but our cultural diversity across the nation will have increased immensely.

2seaoat wrote:We have become spoiled and soft.
You have if you think everyone should agree with you.

2seaoat wrote:I think one might even say bored...
Maybe for someone like you who thinks everything should be given to you.

2seaoat wrote:...looking for something to turn our lives into happiness when we already live in the greatest nation the world and have been blessed with amazing wealth and opportunity.
Yep! So why are you attempting to grant special privileges to a specific minority group while denying other minorities the same right to be here?

2seaoat wrote:Yet, the weakest among us are downcast and bulldozed....
Only when liberals like Carl and yourself show a narrow-visioned idea of what equality for all is about.

2seaoat wrote:....nope, we live in a great country and justice will prevail in the end.
Most Americans are in favor of immigration reform 2Q==

As soon as you compromise so we can open the floodgates justice for all will prevail.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySP-3eDmbBU

Smile

Most Americans are in favor of immigration reform Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCPt_WeXSksQ4yxJ5i1juMWX4SNVf0HyTX3eLBhOq8QmJWQp5I

This discussion thread is about immigration reform not amnesty,... though I've provided for your amnesty..... So all Carl, you, and all the other supposedly enlightened progressive liberals have to do is compromise.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHWLVxg8MxA

Very Happy 

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Illegals are going to fill entry level jobs at a time when high school age and college age kids can't find enough employment as is....

The net effect will be job creation as 10 million new Americans go out and get driver license, homes, cars, credit cards, lawn mowers, etc......I will make a generalization which may be different than your experience, but most Hispanics I have had the privilege to know are not afraid of work, and in their culture hard work is ingrained.   Sure there will be a small percentage which fulfill your perception, but I think you will be pleased in five years with the positive impact on our economy and our country.

I've been in real estate for many years. I have yet to sell a house to a migrant worker. Plus, a good percentage of what they earn goes home to Mexico. It is one of Mexico's leading industries.

Nobody wants immigration reform in the manner Dems want it accomplished just as no Americans want obamacare to exist in it's current form.

Markle wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Illegals are going to fill entry level jobs at a time when high school age and college age kids can't find enough employment as is....

The net effect will be job creation as 10 million new Americans go out and get driver license, homes, cars, credit cards, lawn mowers, etc......I will make a generalization which may be different than your experience, but most Hispanics I have had the privilege to know are not afraid of work, and in their culture hard work is ingrained.   Sure there will be a small percentage which fulfill your perception, but I think you will be pleased in five years with the positive impact on our economy and our country.
I've been in real estate for many years.  I have yet to sell a house to a migrant worker.  Plus, a good percentage of what they earn goes home to Mexico.  It is one of Mexico's leading industries.
people like seaoat live in a fantasy. He probably imagines that all these millions of illegals are sitting on millions of dollars just waiting for them to get citizenship so they can run out and buy all that stuff LOL

btw, the illegals are getting testy at the border and even here at home. We better start cracking down soon or its going to be war.

Most Americans are in favor of immigration reform Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUXzWiXBbnXs_rEm9qpziSnFBWBalp9UpLl2BIR9FoCfNb0J-cAA

I see... This discussion wasn't about immigration reform.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yIaelSVhyM

Very Happy

Most Americans are in favor of immigration reform Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_oqODBGFSTjVFwU4_XuCemetpyQSxVpWpRXMvP4PFLj9ro6qLoQ

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzJNYYkkhzc

Wink 

Sea bass said;
by 2seaoat on 11/25/2013, 8:40 pm

The net effect will be job creation as 10 million new Americans go out and get driver license, homes, cars, credit cards, lawn mowers, etc......I will make a generalization which may be different than your experience, but most Hispanics I have had the privilege to know are not afraid of work, and in their culture hard work is ingrained. Sure there will be a small percentage which fulfill your perception, but I think you will be pleased in five years with the positive impact on our economy and our country.
-----
So jobs are just going to magically appear? DitZ, Obama would have done that if true

Seabass the group of illegals coming here are killing border patrol agents and taking the money they have and sending it to Mexico,

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

An old article and surely the numbers have changed, but it is one aspect of immigration some seem to dismiss.

Impacts Of Illegal Immigration: Terrorism

When it comes to the impact of illegal immigration, terrorism must be at the top of the list due to its potential to directly harm the greatest number of Americans. It is worth noting that three of the four terrorist pilots in the 9/11 attack were in the country illegally. 9/11 was a precursor. The next big incident could be far greater and kill many more Americans.

A recent Homeland Security report, A Line in the Sand: Confronting the Threat at the Southwest Border (a MUST READ!), reports that in 2005 at least 850 people from countries of "special interest" were apprehended crossing the southern border. How many more successfully crossed is unknown. How many actual terrorists have crossed is unknown. We do know, however, that they are there - see Al-Qaida Operative Nabbed Near Mexican Border.

By the way, "countries of special interest" is government-speak for terrorism conducting and sponsoring countries.

As noted in a June 2006 article, Broken, by Kenneth R. Timmerman, on a Homeland Security publication, "The report reveals that 45,008 aliens from countries on the U.S. list of state-sponsors of terror or from countries that protected terrorist organizations and their members, were released into the general public between 2001 and 2005, even though immigration officers couldn't confirm their identity." (emphasis added) Maybe Bin Laden is not in Pakistan ...

As reported in a February 2005 USA Today article by Mimi Hall, Despite new technology, Border Patrol overwhelmed, the numbers are going up and DHS is concerned as they admit they only catch an estimated 1/3 of the border crossers. The article goes on:

"... the Border Patrol arrested 39,215 so-called "OTMs," other-than-Mexicans, along the Southwest border. In 2004, the number jumped to 65,814.

Those figures worry intelligence and Homeland Security officials, who say al-Qaeda leaders want to smuggle operatives and weapons of mass destruction across the nation's porous land borders. James Loy, deputy secretary of the Department of Homeland Security, told Congress last week, "Several al-Qaeda leaders believe operatives can pay their way into the country through Mexico and also believe illegal entry is more advantageous than legal entry for operational security reasons."

T.J. Bonner, president of the National Border Patrol Council, says the Border Patrol has "reliable intelligence that there are terrorists living in South America, assimilating the culture and learning the language" in order to blend in with Mexicans crossing the border.

"We really don't know who comes into this country illegally over the Southwest border," Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., says. "This is a big problem."

The independent 9/11 Commission's report warned in August that "the challenge for national security in an age of terrorism is to prevent the very few people who may pose overwhelming risks from entering or remaining in the United States undetected." And that's a daunting task along these stretches of border in the Southwest."

and concludes with:

"The holes that remain in our border security systems are not small," House Majority Leader Tom DeLay, R-Texas, says. "They are gaping, and they are glaring to our terrorist enemies

http://www.usillegalaliens.com/impacts_of_illegal_immigration_terrorism.html

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum