Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

trump immigration reform

+2
Hospital Bob
nadalfan
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1trump immigration reform Empty trump immigration reform 8/16/2015, 11:34 pm

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/immigration-reform

Love this!!!

When politicians talk about “immigration reform” they mean: amnesty, cheap labor and open borders. The Schumer-Rubio immigration bill was nothing more than a giveaway to the corporate patrons who run both parties.

Real immigration reform puts the needs of working people first – not wealthy globetrotting donors. We are the only country in the world whose immigration system puts the needs of other nations ahead of our own. That must change. Here are the three core principles of real immigration reform:

1. A nation without borders is not a nation. There must be a wall across the southern border.

2. A nation without laws is not a nation. Laws passed in accordance with our Constitutional system of government must be enforced.

3. A nation that does not serve its own citizens is not a nation. Any immigration plan must improve jobs, wages and security for all Americans.

Make Mexico Pay For The Wall

2trump immigration reform Empty Re: trump immigration reform 8/17/2015, 6:33 am

nadalfan

Obamasucks wrote:https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/immigration-reform

Love this!!!

When politicians talk about “immigration reform” they mean: amnesty, cheap labor and open borders. The Schumer-Rubio immigration bill was nothing more than a giveaway to the corporate patrons who run both parties.

Real immigration reform puts the needs of working people first – not wealthy globetrotting donors. We are the only country in the world whose immigration system puts the needs of other nations ahead of our own. That must change. Here are the three core principles of real immigration reform:

1. A nation without borders is not a nation. There must be a wall across the southern border.

2. A nation without laws is not a nation. Laws passed in accordance with our Constitutional system of government must be enforced.

3. A nation that does not serve its own citizens is not a nation. Any immigration plan must improve jobs, wages and security for all Americans.

Make Mexico Pay For The Wall

While I applaud you for starting a thread that's not about President Obama or Clinton, Trump wants to deport all illegal immigrants. Is that a realistic solution? How costly would that be? What would the economic impact be?

He also wants to deport children born here, US citizens, if their parents are illegal, thereby keeping families together. Should we change the constitution?

3trump immigration reform Empty Re: trump immigration reform 8/17/2015, 8:03 am

If the constitution were being followed we would have a secure border and illegal aliens would be deported.

4trump immigration reform Empty Re: trump immigration reform 8/17/2015, 8:41 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I just listened to an interview with Rep Steve King on CNN.  They had him on to comment on Trump's immigration plan.
Before listening to him,  I didn't think the plan was feasible and Trump had gone over the top.
But after listening to him,  the damn plan actually makes sense.
And this was even though the interviewer,  Chris Cuomo,  used every gotcha technique in the book to play devil's advocate.

Before this on CNN,  they put on Trump's hatchet man,  Michael Cohen.
He showed up with a whole set of records to prove that Trump is sure as hell not a misogynist.  Not only does the Trump Organization have more women than men in executive positions,  the women are often getting higher pay than their male counterparts.
And again,  Chris Cuomo was doing his best to shoot all that down which is his job as a journalist.  But he wasn't able to do it.

5trump immigration reform Empty Re: trump immigration reform 8/17/2015, 8:54 am

nadalfan

Bob wrote:I just listened to an interview with Rep Steve King on CNN.  They had him on to comment on Trump's immigration plan.
Before listening to him,  I didn't think the plan was feasible and Trump had gone over the top.
And this was even though the interviewer,  Chris Cuomo,  used every gotcha technique in the book to play devil's advocate.

He showed up with a whole set of records to prove that Trump is sure as hell not a misogynist.  Not only does the Trump Organization have more women than men in executive positions,  the women are often getting higher pay than their male counterparts.
And again,  Chris Cuomo was doing his best to shoot all that down which is his job as a journalist.  But he wasn't able to do it.

Can you give specifics? I didn't see it.

6trump immigration reform Empty Re: trump immigration reform 8/17/2015, 9:03 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

nadalfan wrote:
Bob wrote:I just listened to an interview with Rep Steve King on CNN.  They had him on to comment on Trump's immigration plan.

Can you give specifics?  I didn't see it.

The Steve King interview went by too quickly for me to try to do it justice to the presentation he made, nadalfan.
It was all in specifics and he obviously has a real command of the issue. He's sponsored legislation in the past, some of which is in line with Trump's proposals. And he came across as the exact opposite of a nutty right-winger trying to do right-winger talking points.
Let me try to use the CNN website to find the interview and post it so you can judge it for yourself.

7trump immigration reform Empty Re: trump immigration reform 8/17/2015, 9:15 am

nadalfan

Here's an explanation of his plan

http://www.vox.com/2015/8/16/9162905/trump-immigration

8trump immigration reform Empty Re: trump immigration reform 8/17/2015, 9:23 am

nadalfan

and this...

http://www.vox.com/2015/8/16/9162049/trump-deport-citizens

9trump immigration reform Empty Re: trump immigration reform 8/17/2015, 9:28 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I can't find a way to stream the interview,  nadalfan, but I can remember one specific part of it.

At one point Cuomo tried to pin him down on one thing.  Cuomo asked "why aren't you wanting to punish the businessmen who are using illegals to exploit the cheap labor it provides them,  why are you and Trump only going after the illegals and not them too?"

And King set him straight on that and told Cuomo about his proposal to use the IRS and the income tax rules to take away the income tax loopholes which allow these businessmen to exploit that cheap labor and profit so much from it.
And it includes a very doable way to enforce that.
If we did this,  it would hit businessmen in the pocketbook and make them have to pay higher wages to illegals than just the slave wages they're paying them now.  And would make these jobs more attractive to legal American citizens than they are now.

10trump immigration reform Empty Re: trump immigration reform 8/17/2015, 9:35 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I know you're astute about this issue, nadalfan. And because of that you know what the bottom line is on it. In fact it was articulately expressed by none other than Chris Matthews on Morning Joe last week.

It's really very simple.
The democrats want an open border because it gives them more voters.
The republican businessmen want an open border because it gives them cheap labor.

And if Trump is allied with Rep King's proposal, that would mean Trump is not cowtowing to the republican businessmen like every other republican candidate is.
And that's what a lot of us like about him. He has nobody pulling his strings except himself.

11trump immigration reform Empty Re: trump immigration reform 8/17/2015, 9:37 am

nadalfan wrote:and this...

Why would you think that going to a progressive political activist site would give you an objective opinion?

Honest question.

12trump immigration reform Empty Re: trump immigration reform 8/17/2015, 9:49 am

nadalfan

PkrBum wrote:
nadalfan wrote:and this...

Why would you think that going to a progressive political activist site would give you an objective opinion?

Honest question.
If there something that is stated incorrectly regarding Trump's plan, please point it out. I read the link from Trump's site first.

There is a legitimate question here. Will he deport those that are citizens, by birth, because one or both parents are illegal, or will he deport the parent(s) and allow the children to stay. What will happen to those children? Do we disregard the humane side of immigration, refugees, etc?Another question is how realistic and practical is it to deport all illegal immigrants?
What is the economic impact of his overall plan?

I'm asking...

13trump immigration reform Empty Re: trump immigration reform 8/17/2015, 9:55 am

nadalfan

Bob wrote:I know you're astute about this issue,  nadalfan.  And because of that you know what the bottom line is on it.  In fact it was articulately expressed by none other than Chris Matthews on Morning Joe last week.

It's really very simple.  
The democrats want an open border because it gives them more voters.
The republican businessmen want an open border because it gives them cheap labor.

And if Trump is allied with Rep King's proposal,  that would mean Trump is not cowtowing to the republican businessmen like every other republican candidate is.  
And that's what a lot of us like about him.  He has nobody pulling his strings except himself.

I really don't claim to be astute about this issue. I think it is much more complex than simply deporting all immigrants; there are ramifications to that approach, and I'm not referring to political ones.

14trump immigration reform Empty Re: trump immigration reform 8/17/2015, 9:55 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I admit, nadalfan. The notion of deporting all the illegals and their families who are already here would seem like a pipedream to me too.
I'm a little dumbfounded by that position too.

15trump immigration reform Empty Re: trump immigration reform 8/17/2015, 9:58 am

nadalfan

Bob wrote:I can't find a way to stream the interview,  nadalfan, but I can remember one specific part of it.

At one point Cuomo tried to pin him down on one thing.  Cuomo asked "why aren't you wanting to punish the businessmen who are using illegals to exploit the cheap labor it provides them,  why are you and Trump only going after the illegals and not them too?"

And King set him straight on that and told Cuomo about his proposal to use the IRS and the income tax rules to take away the income tax loopholes which allow these businessmen to exploit that cheap labor and profit so much from it.
And it includes a very doable way to enforce that.
If we did this,  it would hit businessmen in the pocketbook and make them have to pay higher wages to illegals than just the slave wages they're paying them now.  And would make these jobs more attractive to legal American citizens than they are now.

I agree that companies that hire illegals, and pay low wages, should face consequences.

on a side note, will conservatives be ok with the IRS handling this? haha

16trump immigration reform Empty Re: trump immigration reform 8/17/2015, 9:59 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But I have to add that I'm equally dumbfounded by all the politicians who don't give a crap if our country even has a border just because they know the illegals pouring through will all vote democrat.

We're living in strange times with strange people who have strange opinions, nadalfan.

17trump immigration reform Empty Re: trump immigration reform 8/17/2015, 10:07 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

nadalfan wrote:

I agree that companies that hire illegals, and pay low wages, should face consequences.  

on a side note, will conservatives be ok with the IRS handling this? haha

Of course they won't be okay with it.  As I said,  that's what I like about Trump.  He doesn't seem to care about what "conservatives" or "liberals" either one think about his ideas.

I guarantee you no presidential candidate in history has taken time out from the campaign to do jury duty like he's doing today.  
All of the rest of them are still eating fried butter at the Iowa State Fair.  And all the media attention is on him going into that courthouse.  And no cameras are trained on those "stiffs" (as he likes to call them) gagging on the fried butter.  lol

18trump immigration reform Empty Re: trump immigration reform 8/17/2015, 10:10 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I think they had fried butter at the Pensacola Interstate Fair too. I wanted to try it just out of curiousity but then the idea of all my daily allotment of fat and calories being wasted on that made me come to my senses. lol

19trump immigration reform Empty Re: trump immigration reform 8/17/2015, 10:41 am

Sal

Sal

Fiscal hawks, how much is this going to cost?

Conservative estimate:

Cost of deporting millions of people - at least half a triillion

Reduction in tax revenue - 10-20 billion

Reduction in demand for goods and services - very hard to quantify, but A LOT

This policy is not only racist in nature, but it alone would explode the deficit.

Maybe, Trump is a real Republican after all.

20trump immigration reform Empty Re: trump immigration reform 8/17/2015, 10:47 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Aren't you leaving out something,  Sal.  He'll save that much money by getting the Mexicans to pay for the wall.  lol

21trump immigration reform Empty Re: trump immigration reform 8/17/2015, 10:58 am

Sal

Sal

“Mexico must pay for the wall and, until they do, the United States will, among other things: impound all remittance payments derived from illegal wages; increase fees on all temporary visas issued to Mexican CEOs and diplomats (and if necessary cancel them); increase fees on all border crossing cards — of which we issue about 1 million to Mexican nationals each year (a major source of visa overstays); increase fees on all NAFTA worker visas from Mexico (another major source of overstays); and increase fees at ports of entry to the United States from Mexico [Tariffs and foreign aid cuts are also options].”

Yeah, we want to start a trade war with our nearest neighbor with whom we have a trade SURPLUS.

This is not just bad policy, it's flat out retarded policy.

It's no wonder that many of his business ventures have been such YOOOOGE failures.

22trump immigration reform Empty Re: trump immigration reform 8/17/2015, 11:01 am

Sal

Sal

If this is any indication, I really don't think that getting down to the nuts and bolts of actual policy proposals is a good idea for the Trumpster Fire.

He needs to stick to helicopter rides and calling people "rapists" and "murderers" and "looosers".

23trump immigration reform Empty Re: trump immigration reform 8/17/2015, 11:07 am

The desire to allow illegal immigration is the desire to allow criminal cartels to exploit and savage the very people y'all pretend to care so much about. I don't know why y'all have this romanticized vision... the reality is brutal and subhuman.

24trump immigration reform Empty Re: trump immigration reform 8/17/2015, 11:19 am

gatorfan

PkrBum wrote:The desire to allow illegal immigration is the desire to allow criminal cartels to exploit and savage the very people y'all pretend to care so much about. I don't know why y'all have this romanticized vision... the reality is brutal and subhuman.

Liberal fanatics rarely give thought to the consequences of their faux concerns or the unintended consequences of their misguided efforts, they just rub their little wrists together and it's off to the next phony cause that salves their somehow guilty consciences.

They are just as bad far right tea bangers except they cost more to pacify.

25trump immigration reform Empty Re: trump immigration reform 8/17/2015, 11:29 am

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

nadalfan wrote:
He also wants to deport children born here, US citizens, if their parents are illegal, thereby keeping families together.  

There is no provision in law to deport a citizen who was born in the US, child or otherwise .... and such an idea would likely be unconstitutional.  (there are certain little known provisions to strip a person of their US citizenship ... but it's extremely rare, legally difficult to apply, and subject to appeal)

But that does not prevent us from deporting the illegal alien parents ..... and they can choose to take their US born children with them or leave them with a legal relative here in the US.   Their choice.

And we used to do just that .... before "policy" (not law) dictated we not deport any illegal alien with a US born child (unless the parent has some sort of egregious criminal conviction.)

I bet in most other countries in the world, if you had illegally entered that country & were illegally living there, having a child born there would not immunize you from being deported.

nadalfan wrote:
Should we change the constitution?

We should change the Constitution to end "birthright" citizenship ... the USA is one of the few modern countries in the world that still has it.   At least one parent should have to be a US Citizen or lawful permanent resident in order for a child born here to derive citizenship.

But changing the Constitution is very difficult.   Not something we'd be able to accomplish anytime soon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum