Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

GOP congressman threatens impeachment if Obama uses executive action for gun control

+9
othershoe1030
Joanimaroni
no stress
2seaoat
Sal
VectorMan
ZVUGKTUBM
knothead
stormwatch89
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
knothead wrote:

Chrissy, I don't believe you honestly believe that. Obama wants the GOP House to do their job and pay the bills THEY authorized . . . . remember they own the House and they approved every single expenditure and now it is time to pay the bills! That's hardly a case that they want total control only not hold the nation hostage like a petulant child holding its breathe until it gets what it wants. Using your logic one could attack the GOP for wanting everything or else.

Not applicable when it involves Obama.

What bills would those have been? Obama has never passed a budget since he has been in office. Congress hasn't approved any of those bills that the POTUS has passed by executive fiat.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

knothead wrote:

Chrissy, I don't believe you honestly believe that. Obama wants the GOP House to do their job and pay the bills THEY authorized . . . . remember they own the House and they approved every single expenditure and now it is time to pay the bills! That's hardly a case that they want total control only not hold the nation hostage like a petulant child holding its breathe until it gets what it wants. Using your logic one could attack the GOP for wanting everything or else.

It sounds odd but raising the debt ceiling is not permission to spend more money. The money was spent long ago when Congress approved all those bills. Now the bills, need to be paid. The time to debate how much we spend is when we are spending, not when the bill arrives in the mail. The GOP is drawing the line in the sand in the wrong sandbox.

Sal

Sal

othershoe1030 wrote:

It sounds odd but raising the debt ceiling is not permission to spend more money. The money was spent long ago when Congress approved all those bills. Now the bills, need to be paid. The time to debate how much we spend is when we are spending, not when the bill arrives in the mail. The GOP is drawing the line in the sand in the wrong sandbox.

Yes

othershoe1030 wrote:
knothead wrote:

Moron...the dems controlled Congress from 2006 until 2010. All those bills you are referring to have been written on the democratic watch both admin and congressional. Since 2008, there has not been ONE budget passed by the CINC. NOT ONE.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
knothead wrote:

Moron...the dems controlled Congress from 2006 until 2010. All those bills you are referring to have been written on the democratic watch both admin and congressional. Since 2008, there has not been ONE budget passed by the CINC. NOT ONE.

That's false,Peedog. You need to research your facts. The Dems did not have control from 2006-2010.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

VectorMan wrote:
W_T_M wrote:
VectorMan wrote:It would be fun to see Obama take the oath then squirm under questioning.

A liar is a liar no matter what side of the aisle they're from.

There would be nothing better than seeing Barry crash and burn!

Time will tell.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

That's despicable. Why would you wish such foolishness...? Do you really want the POTUS to be diminished so much that you would take vicarious delight if he "crashed and burned"...?

You suck. Fortunately that's based on truth.

You suck worse!

Let that truth set you free. LOL

The POTUS is an asshole with a screwed up agenda. I hope it all crashes and burns under in his name and responsibilty.

I hope you get a clue about your racism before it consumes you.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/16/kimmels-gun-lobby-ad-americans-against-context_n_2485884.html?utm_hp_ref=tv&amp

He says it right here.. He's coming to get our guns.. Very Happy

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Sal wrote:Oh, there will be executive actions taken.

Count on it.

I would guess that the actions taken will be on stuff that should be largely non-controversial like limiting some imports, tightening up background checks, and allowing mental health info to be shared by federal agencies.

He'll leave it to Congress to try to ban large magazines and assault weapons.

And, the Repukes in the House will be as intransigent as ever.

The spectacle of the Repukes shutting down government over the debt ceiling and stonewalling on sensible gun safety measures will be more than enough to lose their majority in 2014.

A lame impeachment circus would just be icing on the cake.

Bring it on.

Very Happy

OMG! I couldn't read the rest of the posts after seeing yours on background checks.............priceless.

knothead

knothead

Lurch wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/16/kimmels-gun-lobby-ad-americans-against-context_n_2485884.html?utm_hp_ref=tv&amp

This element is looking for anything to demonize the Prez so nothing has changed in that regard and paranoid righties seem to be everywhere.

knothead wrote:
Lurch wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/16/kimmels-gun-lobby-ad-americans-against-context_n_2485884.html?utm_hp_ref=tv&amp

This element is looking for anything to demonize the Prez so nothing has changed in that regard and paranoid righties seem to be everywhere.

Well it is from Americans Against Context..

VectorMan

VectorMan

Floridatexan wrote:
VectorMan wrote:
W_T_M wrote:
VectorMan wrote:It would be fun to see Obama take the oath then squirm under questioning.

Time will tell.

That's despicable. Why would you wish such foolishness...? Do you really want the POTUS to be diminished so much that you would take vicarious delight if he "crashed and burned"...?

You suck worse!

The POTUS is an asshole with a screwed up agenda. I hope it all crashes and burns under in his name and responsibilty.

I hope you get a clue about your racism before it consumes you.

Talk about getting a clue. LOL

Your pathetic little race card is all worn out. Try that BS some place else.

I think your instructions are to lean forward now.

VectorMan wrote:
W_T_M wrote:

Time will tell.

You suck worse!

Yeah bring on those gay hating repugs! They'll bring all you homos the truth. LOL!

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
knothead wrote:

You miss the point, of course. The fact is that regardless of the party of the people who voted for the spending the bills have to be paid. I'm sure some dollar or penny of the national debt might just possibly have been voted for by a Republican? You try to make it sound as if only Democrats ever voted to spend money and Republicans were the frugal ones. I don't think that's the case.

Again, the bill needs to be paid. The time to debate spending is when they are voting to spend or not to spend not when the bill shows up. As usual the Tea Baggers have got things backward.

GOP congressman threatens impeachment if Obama uses executive action for gun control   - Page 2 Nation10

othershoe1030 wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
knothead wrote:

You miss the point, of course. The fact is that regardless of the party of the people who voted for the spending the bills have to be paid. I'm sure some dollar or penny of the national debt might just possibly have been voted for by a Republican? You try to make it sound as if only Democrats ever voted to spend money and Republicans were the frugal ones. I don't think that's the case.

Again, the bill needs to be paid. The time to debate spending is when they are voting to spend or not to spend not when the bill shows up. As usual the Tea Baggers have got things backward.

GOP congressman threatens impeachment if Obama uses executive action for gun control   - Page 2 Nation10

so you want to take about spending. below is how the last 5 presidents rated on spending to gdp. in plain english.

Ronald Reagan
1981-88 4.2 %
1982-89 4.2
Average 4.2

George H. W. Bush
1989-92 4.0
1990-93 4.3
Average 4.2

Bill Clinton
1993-2000 0.8
1994-2001 0.1
Average 0.5

George W. Bush
2001-08 2.0
2002-09 3.4
Average 2.7

Barack Obama
2009-12* 9.1
2010-12 8.7
Average 8.9

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesglassman/2012/07/11/the-facts-about-budget-deficits-how-the-presidents-truly-rank/

Slicef18

Slicef18

Chrissy wrote:Someone should bring this up. this is something good they put in obamacare.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2013/01/10/gun-advocates-celebrate-secret-obamacare-provision-forbidding-exec-order-to-regulate-guns-and-ammo/2/

although, id love an impeachment Very Happy

I'd love to see the Republicans get punished again, just as they were after the Clinton impeachment. However the whole process did make America a laughing stock of the world. There were many jokes globally about the House held impeachment proceedings. Impeachment itself doesn't remove a President from office.

Slicef18

Slicef18

VectorMan wrote:
W_T_M wrote:

Time will tell.

You suck worse!

Yet another of the limited vocabulary being driven by a limited mind. It's the language of the knuckle dragger.

Slicef18 wrote:
Chrissy wrote:Someone should bring this up. this is something good they put in obamacare.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2013/01/10/gun-advocates-celebrate-secret-obamacare-provision-forbidding-exec-order-to-regulate-guns-and-ammo/2/

I'd love to see the Republicans get punished again, just as they were after the Clinton impeachment. However the whole process did make America a laughing stock of the world. There were many jokes globally about the House held impeachment proceedings. Impeachment itself doesn't remove a President from office.

You love to see the republicans punished again. I see, what that really means is I wish we had a gov that was led by a dictator like obama.

and btw, globally we are still the laughing stock of the world. now its poor jokes and bad leadership jokes instead of blowjob jokes.

Slicef18

Slicef18

Chrissy wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:

You love to see the republicans punished again. I see, what that really means is I wish we had a gov that was led by a dictator like obama.

and btw, globally we are still the laughing stock of the world. now its poor jokes and bad leadership jokes instead of blowjob jokes.

"You love to see the republicans punished again. I see, what that really means is I wish we had a gov that was led by a dictator like obama."

Please tell us how wanting to see one of the political parties in the U.S. punished means I wish we had a dictator.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Dreamsglore wrote:
VectorMan wrote:
W_T_M wrote:

Time will tell.

You suck worse!

Yeah bring on those gay hating repugs! They'll bring all you homos the truth. LOL!

If I were a liberal gay man you wouldn't dare call me a "homo". Because if I was a liberal your remark would be considered as promoting hate. But, because I'm a conservative it's all good. Go hate bait someone else you two faced hag!

VectorMan

VectorMan

Slicef18 wrote:
VectorMan wrote:
W_T_M wrote:

Time will tell.

You suck worse!

Yet another of the limited vocabulary being driven by a limited mind. It's the language of the knuckle dragger.

Whatever. Like the opinion from your limited little mind means a damn thing. Guess again. LOL

Also, your opinion doesn't change the fact that Obama's still an asshole.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Chrissy wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
knothead wrote:

so you want to take about spending. below is how the last 5 presidents rated on spending to gdp. in plain english.

Ronald Reagan
1981-88 4.2 %
1982-89 4.2
Average 4.2

George H. W. Bush
1989-92 4.0
1990-93 4.3
Average 4.2

Bill Clinton
1993-2000 0.8
1994-2001 0.1
Average 0.5

George W. Bush
2001-08 2.0
2002-09 3.4
Average 2.7

Barack Obama
2009-12* 9.1
2010-12 8.7
Average 8.9

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesglassman/2012/07/11/the-facts-about-budget-deficits-how-the-presidents-truly-rank/

Please note that according to your figures the National Debt is actually now decreasing under President Obama when compared to GDP in plain English. So he is not still increasing the debt but he is reducing it contrary to what would be believed in the media where he is portrayed as (of course) a tax and spend Democrat.

Boy don't Clinton's numbers look fantastic too? In plain English.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
knothead wrote:

How could the Democrats control the Congress in 2006 when the election wasn't held until November and Pelosi did not get the gavel until January of 2007? Who is the moron here?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

polecat

polecat

Republicans Accuse Obama of Using Position as President to Lead Country

Posted by Andy Borowitz

Tweet

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Responding to reports that President Obama is considering signing as many as nineteen executive orders on gun control, Republicans in Congress unleashed a blistering attack on him today, accusing Mr. Obama of “cynically and systematically using his position as President to lead the country.”

Spearheading the offensive was Rep. Steve Stockman (R-Texas), who charged the President with the “wanton exploitation of powers that are legally granted to him under the U.S. Constitution.”

Calling him the “Law Professor-in-Chief,” Rep. Stockman accused Mr. Obama of “manipulating a little-known section of the Constitution,” Article II, which outlines the power of the President.

“President Obama looks down the list of all of the powers that are legally his and he’s like a kid in a candy store,” Rep. Stockman said. “It’s nauseating.”

The Texas congressman said that if Mr. Obama persists in executing the office of the Presidency as defined by the Constitution, he could face “impeachment and/or deportation.”

Noting that the President has not yet signed the executive orders on gun control, Rep. Stockman said that he hoped his stern words would serve as a wake-up call to Mr. Obama: “Mr. President, there’s still time for you to get in line. But if you continue to fulfill the duties of President of the United States that are expressly permitted in the Constitution, you are playing with fire.”

Read more: http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowitzreport/2013/01/republicans-accuse-obama-of-using-position-as-president-to-lead-country.html#ixzz2IG8Dx4Pq

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

polecat wrote:Republicans Accuse Obama of Using Position as President to Lead Country

Posted by Andy Borowitz

Tweet

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Responding to reports that President Obama is considering signing as many as nineteen executive orders on gun control, Republicans in Congress unleashed a blistering attack on him today, accusing Mr. Obama of “cynically and systematically using his position as President to lead the country.”

Spearheading the offensive was Rep. Steve Stockman (R-Texas), who charged the President with the “wanton exploitation of powers that are legally granted to him under the U.S. Constitution.”

Calling him the “Law Professor-in-Chief,” Rep. Stockman accused Mr. Obama of “manipulating a little-known section of the Constitution,” Article II, which outlines the power of the President.

“President Obama looks down the list of all of the powers that are legally his and he’s like a kid in a candy store,” Rep. Stockman said. “It’s nauseating.”

The Texas congressman said that if Mr. Obama persists in executing the office of the Presidency as defined by the Constitution, he could face “impeachment and/or deportation.”

Noting that the President has not yet signed the executive orders on gun control, Rep. Stockman said that he hoped his stern words would serve as a wake-up call to Mr. Obama: “Mr. President, there’s still time for you to get in line. But if you continue to fulfill the duties of President of the United States that are expressly permitted in the Constitution, you are playing with fire.”

Read more: http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowitzreport/2013/01/republicans-accuse-obama-of-using-position-as-president-to-lead-country.html#ixzz2IG8Dx4Pq

Cute. Humor like the Onion. It is funny because it rings true.

Sal

Sal

othershoe1030 wrote:
polecat wrote:Republicans Accuse Obama of Using Position as President to Lead Country

Posted by Andy Borowitz

Tweet

Cute. Humor like the Onion. It is funny because it rings true.

It's getting harder and harder to satirize Republicans.

Add a little hyperventilation and mouth-foaming to this piece, and you've got yourself a newswatcher post.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum