Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I had a good day .

3 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

46I had a good day . - Page 3 Empty Re: I had a good day . 1/7/2013, 1:21 pm

PBulldog2 wrote:Geez. I miss sailing!

We had a Hunter 23 with the wing keel. The boat only drew 23", if I remember that correctly. Great boat... for the price.

We bought a Coronado 23 for $1K... with a trailer. What a sorry excuse for a sailboat. It had a solid keel that ran the length of the boat, but it didn't go down very far. It wouldn't point at all.

We had several Boston Whaler "Harpoon" 5.2 meters. Wonderful boats. One had a cuddy and the other was open. We enjoyed the cuddy version better.

Here's our only sailboat now. It is a Dolphin Sr. with a Sunfish sail (10 sq. ft less than the original sail). It is still fun.

I had a good day . - Page 3 Dolphi10

47I had a good day . - Page 3 Empty Re: I had a good day . 1/7/2013, 1:25 pm

I took Bob out one time with the Dolphin. I told him to duck because I was going to tack and he laid down in the foot well. He just laid there on his back, getting wet and it surely wasn't comfortable.

I asked him why he was laying there and he thought that this is where he was supposed to be Razz

(He got out of the bilge and enjoyed the rest of the sail.)

48I had a good day . - Page 3 Empty Re: I had a good day . 1/7/2013, 1:30 pm

We have to sell our big boat first, but we'd like to get another boat like this. It was small enough to trailer behind any vehicle but big enough to carry passengers and not get wet. It was a Boston Whaler Harpoon 5.2 meter.

With the boards up, it would sail in 4.5" of water.

I had a good day . - Page 3 Gettin10

49I had a good day . - Page 3 Empty Re: I had a good day . 1/7/2013, 3:15 pm

Yomama wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:Geez. I miss sailing!

We had a Hunter 23 with the wing keel. The boat only drew 23", if I remember that correctly. Great boat... for the price.

We bought a Coronado 23 for $1K... with a trailer. What a sorry excuse for a sailboat. It had a solid keel that ran the length of the boat, but it didn't go down very far. It wouldn't point at all.

We had several Boston Whaler "Harpoon" 5.2 meters. Wonderful boats. One had a cuddy and the other was open. We enjoyed the cuddy version better.

Here's our only sailboat now. It is a Dolphin Sr. with a Sunfish sail (10 sq. ft less than the original sail). It is still fun.

I had a good day . - Page 3 Dolphi10

anchoring off of white island in this picture it looks like was my most fav place to go. It was literally a hop around the corner from me. I camped there occasionally on the beach with the boat anchored.

I went around the corner to where you go momma but usually it was too crowded for me and my old boat wasnt pretty but she ran good. I gave several people in much nicer boats than mine a lift from being stuck in the middle of the bay. I did not charge them a penny.

Love seeing these old pics btw. Smile

50I had a good day . - Page 3 Empty Re: I had a good day . 1/8/2013, 1:18 am

PB & EE:

I kept meaning to grab this screenshot and post it earlier, but was tied-up with other stuff and didn't get around to it tonight until I got into my youtube to listen to some good stuff (thank you, Seaoat!). I have never had trouble posting youtube videos using the following method. Sorry for the shaky-hand in the grab below Embarassed ... where you see that I starred to the left of the page, that is to indicate that the arrowed-to field will automatically highlight. All you need to do from there is CTRL-C then paste into the video link thingy here.

I had a good day . - Page 3 YouTube_Share_PDF

Cheers, and good luck!

cheers

Oh, and for gosh sakes, here's the song. It is Neil Young's (well, technically I suppose it's CSNY's) "Country Girl," which is one of my all-time favorites. One of my (very few!) GOOD and NICE ex-boyfriends used to play this for me all the time, especially when we went camping together up in the mountains.

I love you

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum