Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Al Gore Sells Current TV to Al Jazeera (Tries To Make Sale Before 1-1-13 To Avoid Obama's Tax Increases a Paying His "Fair Share" and Fails As Expected.) LOL

+4
Joanimaroni
Sal
Nekochan
VectorMan
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

VectorMan

VectorMan

Al Gore, the man who first introduced the idea of blaming “the wealthiest one percent” for all of America’s ills, is continuing to embarrass himself in the sale of his low-rated Current TV channel to Al Jazeera.

First, we learned that Current’s management believed that the favorite news channel of Islamic fundamentalist terrorists is closer to its own viewpoints than conservative media mogul Glenn Beck; now comes news that the former Democratic presidential candidate was insistent that the sale to the Qatari channel be completed before December 31. That date was important to Gore because he was trying to avoid the higher tax rates that President Obama has been clamoring for so desperately for years.

Unfortunately, despite their best efforts to avoid “paying their fair share,” Gore and his partners were unable to get the deal done before 2013:

Al Jazeera did not disclose the purchase price, but people with direct knowledge of the deal pegged it at around $500 million, indicating a $100 million payout for Mr. Gore, who owned 20 percent of Current. Mr. Gore and his partners were eager to complete the deal by Dec. 31, lest it be subject to higher tax rates that took effect on Jan. 1, according to several people who insisted on anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly. But the deal was not signed until Wednesday.

It’s hard to feel sorry for Gore considering that he spent a great deal of his 2000 presidential campaign raging against eventual president George W. Bush for allegedly wanting to give away America’s cash to the very richest Americans. In his first debate with Bush, Gore said the following:

He spends more money for tax cuts for the wealthiest one percent than all of his new spending proposals for health care, prescription drugs, education and national defense all combined.
I agree that the surplus is the American people’s money. It’s your money. That's why I don't think we should give nearly half of it to the wealthiest 1 percent, because the other 99 percent have had an awful lot to do with building this surplus and our prosperity.
In truth, as Americans have learned at length during the just-concluded battle over extending the Bush tax cuts, they were actually given to almost every American and not just to “the wealthiest one percent.”

One wonders if Gore will share some of his massive $100 million payout with the daily employees who also “had an awful lot to do” with running Current TV and enabling him to sell it off, thereby jeopardizing their own jobs. Actually one doesn’t really wonder. Leftist elites like Gore have repeatedly demonstrated that they want one law for themselves and one law for the rest of us. Unfortunately, the people who follow them have yet to realize this.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-sheffield/2013/01/03/report-gore-wanted-current-tv-sale-completed-2012-avoid-obama-tax#ixzz2GwJRmb7a

All politicians are Crooks and play the system, you just pay no mind when the r's do it.. Remember ones who defended that POS romney by sayin it was legal?

Nekochan

Nekochan

What he's doing isn't crooked. It just makes good business sense.

Romney was attacked viciously for making good business decisions.

VectorMan

VectorMan

I'm just here pointing out the double standards. The fact that Gore is a hilariously silly boob just makes for more icing on the cake. LOL

Then the other fact that he sold it to "terrorist friendly" Al Jazeera should make everyone look at this hack in the new light of reality.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Exactly, Vector. And it wasn't Romney hollering that taxes should be raised for the rich. That's a liberal cry.

What Gore is doing isn't crooked or illegal....it's just pure hypocrisy.

VectorMan wrote:I'm just here pointing out the double standards. The fact that Gore is a hilariously silly boob just makes for more icing on the cake. LOL

Then the other fact that he sold it to "terrorist friendly" Al Jazeera should make everyone look at this hack in the new light of reality.

It's kinda funny hearing you talk about double standards..

Sal

Sal

Al Jazeera is an excellent and highly respected source for international news.

Meanwhile, FAUX News' second largest shareholder is a radical Saudi prince who blamed America for the 9/11 attacks.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Sal wrote:Al Jazeera is an excellent and highly respected source for international news.

Meanwhile, FAUX News' second largest shareholder is a radical Saudi prince who blamed America for the 9/11 attacks.

How do you watch Al Jazeera? I've only seen them on overseas cable.

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:Al Jazeera is an excellent and highly respected source for international news.

http://www.aljazeera.com/watch_now/

Nekochan

Nekochan

Do you watch on a regular basis? And do you know if their English version is the same as their Arabic version? I have watched their English version (only briefly) and wondered if it's the same as their Arabic version.

Nekochan wrote:

Current TV is presently carried by MediaCom and Time Warner Cable in regions of the US. I just read an article that said Time Warner has decided to drop Current TV since they were bought by Al-Jazeera. No word yet from MediaCom. As far as I know Cox does not carry Current TV. Wonder what poor Keith Olbermann will do now.

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:Do you watch on a regular basis? And do you know if their English version is the same as their Arabic version? I have watched their English version (only briefly) and wondered if it's the same as their Arabic version.

English Al Jazeera is the sister station of Arabic Al Jazeera, and my understanding is it operates independently.

I try to watch their Newshour at least once a week, and I've watched quite a few of their documentaries.

They very often offer a unique and valuable perspective on international affairs that can't be found on American television.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they will produce with Al Jazeera America.

Sal

Sal

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

Current TV is presently carried by MediaCom and Time Warner Cable in regions of the US. I just read an article that said Time Warner has decided to drop Current TV since they were bought by Al-Jazeera. No word yet from MediaCom. As far as I know Cox does not carry Current TV. Wonder what poor Keith Olbermann will do now.

I don't watch Current, but my understanding is that they fired Olbermann months ago.

He's a shrill asshole, and I think he's burned every bridge available to him.

Good riddance.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Do you watch on a regular basis? And do you know if their English version is the same as their Arabic version? I have watched their English version (only briefly) and wondered if it's the same as their Arabic version.

English Al Jazeera is the sister station of Arabic Al Jazeera, and my understanding is it operates independently.

I try to watch their Newshour at least once a week, and I've watched quite a few of their documentaries.

They very often offer a unique and valuable perspective on international affairs that can't be found on American television.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they will produce with Al Jazeera America.

I think that's the case with BBC and even CNN International. I wish we had CNN International available here on cable. It's much better than American CNN. But I have read and heard that Al Jazeera is anti-American....and this comes not just from conservative sources. Do you find them to be anti-American?

Nekochan

Nekochan

I find this story interesting. Do you agree with the headline?

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2012/12/20121230135815198642.html

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:

I think that's the case with BBC and even CNN International. I wish we had CNN International available here on cable. It's much better than American CNN. But I have read and heard that Al Jazeera is anti-American....and this comes not just from conservative sources. Do you find them to be anti-American?

No, I don't find them to be anti-American.

They are an international news outlet based in the Middle East, and they are not afraid of airing the voices and editorials from that region. Those voices are sometimes highly critical of the U.S. as would be expected, but it's from a perspective that we'd probably be wise to acknowledge and try to understand. I've also seen their journalists challenge and confront some of the more extremist viewpoints that emanate from the region.

I think the BBC has gone downhill in recent years with too much emphasis place on pop-culture bullshit, for which I couldn't care any less.

I've never seen CNN International, but considering their cable network, I'd have the same reservations about their broadcasts.

Nekochan

Nekochan

CNN International is much better than CNN America. They do in-depth stories on international issues that aren't even broadcast on American CNN.

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:CNN International is much better than CNN America. They do in-depth stories on international issues that aren't even broadcast on American CNN.

But, do they have Kathy Griffen?

LOL.

And no, I'm not offended by the the Al Jazeera article you posted. While the headline may be slightly more provocative than necessary, the article itself was accurate and meticulously sourced.

Nekochan

Nekochan

All news channels have their biases, I think.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Sal, have you ever seen or do you think you'd ever see a story similar to this on AJ?

http://spectator.org/blog/2010/12/31/hate-crimes-against-jews-on-th

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:All news channels have their biases, I think.

That's true.

Most of the mainstream media has a bias toward sensationalism and corporatism. Anything for ratings.

The savvy consumer can wade through the bias and grasp the facts in order to form their own conclusions.

The problems come when networks intentionally report distortions and inaccuracies, and FAUX News in notorious for that.

Studies have shown that FAUX News viewers are less informed (or more misinformed) than people who consume no news at all.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Former Michigan Gov. Jennifer Granholm says she soon will leave Current TV, where she has hosted a public affairs program for the past year.

Granholm made the announcement in a Facebook post late Wednesday, the same day it was revealed that Pan-Arab news channel Al-Jazeera has acquired Current TV.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/03/3166210/former-michigan-gov-granholm-leaving.html#storylink=cpy

Nekochan

Nekochan

Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:All news channels have their biases, I think.

That's true.

Most of the mainstream media has a bias toward sensationalism and corporatism. Anything for ratings.

The savvy consumer can wade through the bias and grasp the facts in order to form their own conclusions.

The problems come when networks intentionally report distortions and inaccuracies, and FAUX News in notorious for that.

Studies have shown that FAUX News viewers are less informed (or more misinformed) than people who consume no news at all.

I wonder.....was Al Jazeera in any of those studies?

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:Sal, have you ever seen or do you think you'd ever see a story similar to this on AJ?

http://spectator.org/blog/2010/12/31/hate-crimes-against-jews-on-th

I dunno, Neko.

I have seen them report on specific anti-Semitic hate crimes in Europe, and I've seen them more than once acknowledge that anti-Semitic hate cimes in the U.S. far outpace anti-Muslim hate crimes.

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:
Former Michigan Gov. Jennifer Granholm says she soon will leave Current TV, where she has hosted a public affairs program for the past year.

Granholm made the announcement in a Facebook post late Wednesday, the same day it was revealed that Pan-Arab news channel Al-Jazeera has acquired Current TV.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/03/3166210/former-michigan-gov-granholm-leaving.html#storylink=cpy

That's too bad.

She's smokin' hot!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum