Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Christmas Eve in Brownsville

3 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Christmas Eve in Brownsville Empty Christmas Eve in Brownsville 12/28/2012, 10:51 pm

Christmas eve I went to two different party/dinners in Brownsville. One was about 3 blocks north of Cervantes and R st the other was a couple of blocks west of Pace Blvd on P st. White people. We had a good time, kids playing with Christmas toys, some people drinking, some not. People brought all the Christmas type food and drink. It could have been anywhere but it was in "Da Hood". I dont remember seeing the first Leo drive down the street.
What I do remember is that no one was scared or fearful. No one seemed to be armed or had weapons all over the place. Maybe not like Ghandi that has to carry his pistol(Military trained) to go to Wal-mart.
It seems from this forum that the people who are most fearful are those who are the furthest removed from the action. They are good people. For the most part, solid working people who happen to live in a rough area. They own their own homes and can not really afford to move.
They are not stupid or ignorant. They secure their houses at night and take the necessary measures to defend them selves, but it is not a obsession.
These particular people have lived in the area for 20 plus years and have never been attacked or had a home invasion. The odds are they never will.
As one of them stated when asked about the "Bad Guys" We dont F..k with them and they dont F..k with us.

Try to stay calm, all is good, even in some parts of "Da Hood"

2Christmas Eve in Brownsville Empty Re: Christmas Eve in Brownsville 12/28/2012, 11:24 pm

Awesome. Sounds like you had a nice time with friends. But come on....wouldn't you have felt a lot safer if ghandi was there with his gat...?

I imagine him being a total jerk in public hoping he will get the chance to kill someone and claim he was just standing his ground. And the witness' will all agree that the guy deserved to be shot dead. Therefore, no need to even file a report.

"...Come on...he was wearing baggy pants and he cut in line ahead of me and my wife...he had it coming to him. Ask all of these other white folk and they'll say the same..."

3Christmas Eve in Brownsville Empty Re: Christmas Eve in Brownsville 12/28/2012, 11:40 pm

Good post, hg.

When I was living in the area, after I got divorced I first moved to a nice quiet neighborhood sorta near 10-Mile Road. All was well until I awoke one night to the sound of one of my roommates beating the bejeezus out of a girl he was dating. Exit stage Southeast. So I moved into a condo on Scenic Hwy some friends of mine had just finished rebuilding from it having been pretty much destroyed during Ivan. Although everyone told me that it was a nice area, to me it sure seemed like Da Hood. But I had to put it into perspective... aside from one summer in college when I'd lived in San Francisco, I'd never lived in a city in my life. I never had a bad experience there that was related to my neighborhood at all. And when I looked it up on that link Chrissy posted earlier today, it was totally surrounded in green. Go figure.

My opinion is that a lot of it is perception, and much more of it is how you handle yourself and treat other people. Also never had anything bad happen to me in SF, even though I was a total hick living in the big city.

4Christmas Eve in Brownsville Empty Re: Christmas Eve in Brownsville 12/28/2012, 11:44 pm

My opinion is that a lot of it is perception, and much more of it is how you handle yourself and treat other people Good Post Spot on. Thanks

5Christmas Eve in Brownsville Empty Re: Christmas Eve in Brownsville 12/28/2012, 11:46 pm

Yella

Yella

hallmarkgrad wrote:Christmas eve I went to two different party/dinners in Brownsville. One was about 3 blocks north of Cervantes and R st the other was a couple of blocks west of Pace Blvd on P st. White people. We had a good time, kids playing with Christmas toys, some people drinking, some not. People brought all the Christmas type food and drink. It could have been anywhere but it was in "Da Hood". I dont remember seeing the first Leo drive down the street.
What I do remember is that no one was scared or fearful. No one seemed to be armed or had weapons all over the place. Maybe not like Ghandi that has to carry his pistol(Military trained) to go to Wal-mart.
It seems from this forum that the people who are most fearful are those who are the furthest removed from the action. They are good people. For the most part, solid working people who happen to live in a rough area. They own their own homes and can not really afford to move.
They are not stupid or ignorant. They secure their houses at night and take the necessary measures to defend them selves, but it is not a obsession.
These particular people have lived in the area for 20 plus years and have never been attacked or had a home invasion. The odds are they never will.
As one of them stated when asked about the "Bad Guys" We dont F..k with them and they dont F..k with us.

Try to stay calm, all is good, even in some parts of "Da Hood"

hallmark,what was the time frame of the parties you attended?

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

6Christmas Eve in Brownsville Empty Re: Christmas Eve in Brownsville 12/28/2012, 11:49 pm

hallmarkgrad wrote:White people. We had a good time, kids playing with Christmas toys, some people drinking, some not.

I'm glad you associate with white people, Georgie. I'd have thought less of you if they were green or blue. jocolor

7Christmas Eve in Brownsville Empty Re: Christmas Eve in Brownsville 12/28/2012, 11:49 pm

I was going to state that but it slipped my mind. One started at 4pm The one on P st was at 7pm. We left around 10pm. Maybe a bit early for the players. LOL

8Christmas Eve in Brownsville Empty Re: Christmas Eve in Brownsville 12/28/2012, 11:51 pm

Yomama wrote:
hallmarkgrad wrote:White people. We had a good time, kids playing with Christmas toys, some people drinking, some not.

I'm glad you associate with white people, Georgie. I'd have thought less of you if they were green or blue. jocolor

Green, Blue and White folks are in short supply in that area. LOL

9Christmas Eve in Brownsville Empty Re: Christmas Eve in Brownsville 12/28/2012, 11:53 pm

hallmarkgrad wrote:My opinion is that a lot of it is perception, and much more of it is how you handle yourself and treat other people Good Post Spot on. Thanks

Treating people with dignity and respect goes a long way with people from all walks of life.

10Christmas Eve in Brownsville Empty Re: Christmas Eve in Brownsville 12/28/2012, 11:55 pm

hallmarkgrad wrote:
Yomama wrote:

Green, Blue and White folks are in short supply in that area. LOL

Like you said it is perception, most white folks are scared to go into that area. Hell they have a better chance of getting shot or mugged on 9 mile.

11Christmas Eve in Brownsville Empty Re: Christmas Eve in Brownsville 12/29/2012, 12:02 am

Yella

Yella

hallmarkgrad wrote:I was going to state that but it slipped my mind. One started at 4pm The one on P st was at 7pm. We left around 10pm. Maybe a bit early for the players. LOL

My guess is that Brownsville is okay during daylight hours but no one should drive around in there after dark.

Who knows what evil lurks under the cover of darkness?

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

12Christmas Eve in Brownsville Empty Re: Christmas Eve in Brownsville 12/29/2012, 12:05 am

Yella wrote:
hallmarkgrad wrote:I was going to state that but it slipped my mind. One started at 4pm The one on P st was at 7pm. We left around 10pm. Maybe a bit early for the players. LOL

My guess is that Brownsville is okay during daylight hours but no one should drive around in there after dark.

Who knows what evil lurks under the cover of darkness?

Bob?

13Christmas Eve in Brownsville Empty Re: Christmas Eve in Brownsville 12/29/2012, 12:07 am

The point I was trying to make was about fear or the perception of fear, not about race. It seems to me that people learn to live where they have to live. People know their neighbors and act accordingly. It is not the "They all look alike to me" mentality.

14Christmas Eve in Brownsville Empty Re: Christmas Eve in Brownsville 12/29/2012, 12:11 am

Good Point Mr Yella. The fact is that many of the white people cruising the area are looking for drugs or women. That makes them a a easy mark. Of course some of the same folks cruising the hood are the same one screaming about how bad it is. LOL go figure. Dont believe me? Check out the names and occupations of some of the Johns they capture in the next prostitution sting.

15Christmas Eve in Brownsville Empty Re: Christmas Eve in Brownsville 12/29/2012, 12:12 am

alecto wrote:
hallmarkgrad wrote:My opinion is that a lot of it is perception, and much more of it is how you handle yourself and treat other people Good Post Spot on. Thanks

Treating people with dignity and respect goes a long way with people from all walks of life.

Totally agree. Works in nearly all situations.

16Christmas Eve in Brownsville Empty Re: Christmas Eve in Brownsville 12/29/2012, 12:12 am

hallmarkgrad wrote:The point I was trying to make was about fear or the perception of fear, not about race. It seems to me that people learn to live where they have to live. People know their neighbors and act accordingly. It is not the "They all look alike to me" mentality.

I was just making levity, Georgie Boy. 'scuse me if I offended you. Mea Culpa.

Life's too short to go through life looking over your shoulder. It doesn't matter where I live, and I have lived on the dumpiest road in Brownsville, I promise you... I still ain't gonna be paranoid. If some crackhead takes my life tomorrow, I will have lived a happy life.

17Christmas Eve in Brownsville Empty Re: Christmas Eve in Brownsville 12/29/2012, 12:14 am

Yomama wrote:
hallmarkgrad wrote:The point I was trying to make was about fear or the perception of fear, not about race. It seems to me that people learn to live where they have to live. People know their neighbors and act accordingly. It is not the "They all look alike to me" mentality.

I was just making levity, Georgie Boy. 'scuse me if I offended you. Mea Culpa.

Life's too short to go through life looking over your shoulder. It doesn't matter where I live, and I have lived on the dumpiest road in Brownsville, I promise you... I still ain't gonna be paranoid. If some crackhead takes my life tomorrow, I will have lived a happy life.

LOL Not at all Mr Eric. I knew this was a pretty touchy subject when I started it. All is Good.

18Christmas Eve in Brownsville Empty Re: Christmas Eve in Brownsville 12/29/2012, 12:24 am

hallmarkgrad wrote:LOL Not at all Mr Eric. I knew this was a pretty touchy subject when I started it. All is Good.

We lived on Padget Court. The 'road' was two cracked concrete strips with dirt in between 'em. It runs South off Jackson near where Green Street intersects Jackson.

Our house was at the end of the 'road' and we found out that first night that it was about 40' from the Burlington Northern Railroad tracks. We thought, oh shit!

It was okay because those tracks aren't used very much. We kinda looked forward to the occasional train coming through our living room...

Last edited by Yomama on 12/29/2012, 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total

19Christmas Eve in Brownsville Empty Re: Christmas Eve in Brownsville 12/29/2012, 12:24 am

What is the chance of being murdered?
Law and Legal Issues Questions
Answers.com > Wiki Answers > Categories > Law & Legal Issues
View Slide Show
Best Answer
That sort of depends on where you are, who you are, and what you are doing.
Not silly. Murder statistics are specific. Where are you when murdered; who are you, and what you are doing. Every state in the United States of America keeps this stuff; most countries do a tolerable job at numbers: don't sell the farm on the numbers. Some countiries just seem to invent murder numbers as they go along: sort of like executions. (still better than nothing)
Just for general purposes, you are probabaly going to be murdered by somebody you know, while you both are drinking, and of the same 'race' whatever that it, and less than 10 miles from where you live (lived); sort of like being in an automobile wreck, it happens close to home.
The question again: if you don't say where, when and what you are, it is not going to be answered but with glib babble.

OTHERWISE, your chances as a normal civilian in society can range from very high to as little as 1 out of 1,000,000. It depends where you live and who you are. For example, if you are currently living in a warzone and are a high ranked general or officer you have a high chance of being assassinated or killed. But if you're a normal civilian living in a suburb or large city, you have almost no chance of being murdered.

IN GENERAL, NON-SPECIFIC TERMS: Based on the most recent Uniform Crime Report (compiled by the FBI), you have about a .000054 chance per year (nationwide, local stats are varied). multiplying that by the average life span (about 70 years), you get about a .00378 chance of being murdered in your lifetime.

20Christmas Eve in Brownsville Empty Re: Christmas Eve in Brownsville 12/30/2012, 7:40 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

W_T_M wrote:Awesome. Sounds like you had a nice time with friends. But come on....wouldn't you have felt a lot safer if ghandi was there with his gat...?

I imagine him being a total jerk in public hoping he will get the chance to kill someone and claim he was just standing his ground. And the witness' will all agree that the guy deserved to be shot dead. Therefore, no need to even file a report.

"...Come on...he was wearing baggy pants and he cut in line ahead of me and my wife...he had it coming to him. Ask all of these other white folk and they'll say the same..."

And why was I injected into this thread? And you have the nerve to call other posters trolls. Drunk dummy. Miss an AA meeting today?

21Christmas Eve in Brownsville Empty Re: Christmas Eve in Brownsville 12/30/2012, 7:45 pm

I go to Brownsville often..
They know what I drink at Sams and The Cutty.. Twisted Evil
I go to Tom, Ann & Buddy's too..

22Christmas Eve in Brownsville Empty Re: Christmas Eve in Brownsville 12/30/2012, 8:33 pm

Lurch wrote:I go to Brownsville often..

And I know well how you handle yourself in public, which is in reference to what I wrote about above. You're a good man sweetheart, and I miss you.

I love you

23Christmas Eve in Brownsville Empty Re: Christmas Eve in Brownsville 12/30/2012, 8:52 pm

riceme wrote:

And I know well how you handle yourself in public, which is in reference to what I wrote about above. You're a good man sweetheart, and I miss you.

I love you
Embarassed Rolling Eyes I'm good when I'm around good people but I can get Bad like ghandi if needed... I miss You too.. I love you

24Christmas Eve in Brownsville Empty Re: Christmas Eve in Brownsville 12/30/2012, 9:05 pm

I grew up with Tom M. He was born on J and Garden by Geekers Superette. He had a couple of offers to be a pro baseball pitcher. Rumor had it that his dad messed him up with the contact negotiations.. He used to have a 55 Ford Fairlane and I had a 55 FordCustom-line . We must have raced 50 times and I dont think I ever beat him. I dont know if they still own it but they made many a dollar from that joint on Cervantes.
I used to work with John Langfords brother. I believe he was the Bartener that was killed at the Cutty Shark. Drove a Old Dodge Dart convertible.

25Christmas Eve in Brownsville Empty Re: Christmas Eve in Brownsville 12/30/2012, 9:06 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Lurch wrote:
riceme wrote:

I love you
Embarassed Rolling Eyes I'm good when I'm around good people but I can get Bad like ghandi if needed... I miss You too.. I love you

Are you the guy who's head I pushed in the toilet last weekend?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum