Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

While the NRA Was Holding Its Presser on Shooting Spree ... There Was Another Shooting Spree

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Sal

Sal

Gunz wrote:
Sal wrote:
Gunz wrote:because you think an M-16 is no different than an AR 15 type rifle.

Is an M-16 not an AR-15 type rifle?

That might come as news to Eugene Stoner.

Different on many levels Sal. Although thay look very similar

You might want to look this up, Gunz.

Stoner invented the AR-15, and later his design was rebranded by the military as the M-16 and manufactured by Colt.

Sal wrote:

Type yes. Both shoot the same ammo, the biggest difference is that the M-16 is capable of full auto whereas the AR-15 is semi-auto.

Sal

Sal

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Sal wrote:

Type yes. Both shoot the same ammo, the biggest difference is that the M-16 is capable of full auto whereas the AR-15 is semi-auto.

I'm aware of that.

The M-16 is the AR-15 modified for military use.

To say that an M-16 is not an "AR-15 type rifle" is wrong.

2seaoat

See? This is what we are dealing with my friends. An ignorant , uneducated group when it comes to guns trying to dictate to the rest of us. Seaoat, who in the hell has a damn M-16 besides collectors? Do you realize the red tape and expense involved in obtaining an M-16. Let me answer for you. No, because you think an M-16 is no different than an AR 15 type rifle.

Wrong my friend......I go to Arizona where a friend has an M-16 fully automatic which he keeps in a safe in his closet....so please go to his house and have the debate about my ignorance between to the two weapons as you take out a 30-06 deer rifle and take on his weapon.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

The military redesigners bastardized the M-16 making it a piece of crap that jammed and had to be kept clean to function at all I would take an AR over a M-16 any time. The AKs on the other hand are massed produced and look like crap but function great in about any conditions....although my little Mini-14 is my favorite plinker....

Last edited by TEOTWAWKI on 12/21/2012, 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat

You CAN still own machine guns , they are regulated under the National firearms act of 1934....
The FOPA made it so no NEW machine guns can be registered after may 1986....
To own a machine gun you need to find one.... Pay for it .... Fill out the form 4 , pay your $200 tax and wait for ATF approval.... And pick it up from your FFL/SOT ....
AND yes machine guns are A-OK in arizona ,,,,, the LArgest machine gun shoot in the world is held there....
So please take that macho....the wimps who want gun safety.....do not own guns or know nothing about guns crap somewhere else.....we need real discussions about gun safety without the macho/nerdy nomenclature crap which makes gear heads look like nerds compared to somebody wanting to be Rambo because they can spew models and gun specs. Enough.....lets talk safety.

2seaoat wrote:I'll bet you're hoping he used a black rifle. You know, with clips and stuff.

Gunz....you work with LEOs everyday.....those two officers in the hospital have to wake up every day not knowing if they are going to face a whacked armed citizen, and can you honestly tell me that most LEO are not advocating for real gun safety rules?

While the NRA Was Holding Its Presser on Shooting Spree ... There Was Another Shooting Spree - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCZg6fKchAyp7x3D_o5JcA579-Ib8zPVdQ9wYz5T7iKSfk3ZL_pQ

It seems to me that if it hadn't been for the heroic actions of the two police officers who survived this tragedy that there would have been a lot more people dead.

A couple of armed police officers in body armor at our local schools might be a good idea.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYi381lJoeQ

Smile

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 12/21/2012, 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

no stress

no stress

2seaoat wrote:You CAN still own machine guns , they are regulated under the National firearms act of 1934....
The FOPA made it so no NEW machine guns can be registered after may 1986....
To own a machine gun you need to find one.... Pay for it .... Fill out the form 4 , pay your $200 tax and wait for ATF approval.... And pick it up from your FFL/SOT ....
AND yes machine guns are A-OK in arizona ,,,,, the LArgest machine gun shoot in the world is held there....
So please take that macho....the wimps who want gun safety.....do not own guns or know nothing about guns crap somewhere else.....we need real discussions about gun safety without the macho/nerdy nomenclature crap which makes gear heads look like nerds compared to somebody wanting to be Rambo because they can spew models and gun specs. Enough.....lets talk safety.

Thanks for making my point. What criminal or mentally ill person is going to go to the trouble and expense of buying one. Cheapest I have found start at 26,000 dollars and that doesnt include paperwork. They are rarely brought out into daylight unless by collectors having a shoot like you mentioned. certainly not for a drive by crime.

Hmmmm. A new car, or a gun...?

I'm torn.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum