Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Here Comes Immigration Reform

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Here Comes Immigration Reform Empty Here Comes Immigration Reform 12/10/2012, 2:14 pm

Sal

Sal

Our POTUS appears ready to make a full-court press for immigration reform, and the timing looks to be good.

He just won reelection thanks to the heavy support of Latinos in key states like Nevada, Colorado, and Florida, and the GOP has to know that they can't win the next presidential election unless they repair their relationship with the Latino community.

The stars would seem to be aligned.

Yet, predictably the GOP is tearing itself apart on the issue.

Can they be divided and conquered, or will their racist base prevail?

I don't think it's hyperbolic to say that this could be the GOP's Waterloo.

http://www.politico.com/story/2012/12/poll-most-back-path-to-citizenship-84826.html

2Here Comes Immigration Reform Empty Re: Here Comes Immigration Reform 12/10/2012, 2:30 pm

IRCA 1986... by reform are we talking solution? There were supposed to be some solutions the last time.

That turned out well... or do you just want to dance around and blame the other side?

How very enlightened of you.

3Here Comes Immigration Reform Empty Re: Here Comes Immigration Reform 12/10/2012, 2:48 pm

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:IRCA 1986... by reform are we talking solution? There were supposed to be some solutions the last time.

That turned out well... or do you just want to dance around and blame the other side?

Well, since you asked ...

I'd advocate a broad earned legalization program for the 11 million now illegally resident in the country.

Requirements and penalties for seeking legal immigration status should not be so onerous or punitive that they render the reform pointless.

The assurance that this problem will not happen again should come from a universal, electronic, identity-authenticating screening of all workers to ensure that they are authorized to work in the U.S., and punitive and onerous penalties on employers who circumvent the system.

There are other problems that need to be addressed, but those are the cornerstones upon which meaningful reform must be built.

In addition, I look forward to watching the Repukes savage themselves over the issue.

Thanks for asking.

4Here Comes Immigration Reform Empty Re: Here Comes Immigration Reform 12/10/2012, 2:58 pm

PkrBum wrote:IRCA 1986... by reform are we talking solution? There were supposed to be some solutions the last time.

Isnt it apparent by now that it really doesnt matter what the outcome is to the country from bad policies. Its just a matter of being able to say WE WIN, YOU LOST.

5Here Comes Immigration Reform Empty Re: Here Comes Immigration Reform 12/10/2012, 3:28 pm

Watcher

Watcher

Human wrote:

Isnt it apparent by now that it really doesnt matter what the outcome is to the country from bad policies. Its just a matter of being able to say WE WIN, YOU LOST.

Another satisfied customeĀ®.

6Here Comes Immigration Reform Empty Re: Here Comes Immigration Reform 12/10/2012, 4:30 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:Our POTUS appears ready to make a full-court press for immigration reform, and the timing looks to be good.

He just won reelection thanks to the heavy support of Latinos in key states like Nevada, Colorado, and Florida, and the GOP has to know that they can't win the next presidential election unless they repair their relationship with the Latino community.

The stars would seem to be aligned.

Yet, predictably the GOP is tearing itself apart on the issue.

Can they be divided and conquered, or will their racist base prevail?

I don't think it's hyperbolic to say that this could be the GOP's Waterloo.

http://www.politico.com/story/2012/12/poll-most-back-path-to-citizenship-84826.html

I am not in favor of illegal immigrants voting in our elections.

7Here Comes Immigration Reform Empty Re: Here Comes Immigration Reform 12/10/2012, 6:24 pm

2seaoat

I am not in favor of illegal immigrants voting in our elections.

100% agreement.....but once they become citizens and have met all the conditions required of the same.......I do not think they should be denied any of their constitutional rights as citizens....Not a citizen.....no vote.

8Here Comes Immigration Reform Empty Re: Here Comes Immigration Reform 12/10/2012, 8:45 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:I am not in favor of illegal immigrants voting in our elections.

100% agreement.....but once they become citizens and have met all the conditions required of the same.......I do not think they should be denied any of their constitutional rights as citizens....Not a citizen.....no vote.

And I agree with your statement. If they are citizens they should be able to vote.

I'm still trying to figure out how so many illegal immigrants get a valid driver's license. Two years ago my license expired (I was one day late for my renewal)

I had to show my social security card, copy of my birth certificate, my passport and 2 utility bills with my name and address listed. Whew, I finally got my license, but not before having to go and request a duplicate copy of my social security card which required my expired driver's license, birth certificate, and a valid passport.

Funny thing is...a friend had an undocumented worker doing some sub-contracting for him and the worker had two driver's license with his picture on both but with different names listed.

Last edited by Joanimaroni on 12/10/2012, 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Here Comes Immigration Reform Empty Re: Here Comes Immigration Reform 12/10/2012, 8:49 pm

Sal

Sal

I'm against extraterrestrial aliens voting in our elections, and they vote at nearly the same rate as illegal immigrants.

tongue

10Here Comes Immigration Reform Empty Re: Here Comes Immigration Reform 12/10/2012, 8:50 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Can you reward law breakers/border jumpers with citizenship while the ones we really want are waiting in the legal line for citizenship?

11Here Comes Immigration Reform Empty Re: Here Comes Immigration Reform 12/11/2012, 1:20 am

Sal wrote:

Well, since you asked ...

I'd advocate a broad earned legalization program for the 11 million now illegally resident in the country.

Requirements and penalties for seeking legal immigration status should not be so onerous or punitive that they render the reform pointless.

The assurance that this problem will not happen again should come from a universal, electronic, identity-authenticating screening of all workers to ensure that they are authorized to work in the U.S., and punitive and onerous penalties on employers who circumvent the system.

There are other problems that need to be addressed, but those are the cornerstones upon which meaningful reform must be built.

In addition, I look forward to watching the Repukes savage themselves over the issue.

Thanks for asking.

Here Comes Immigration Reform Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT29mpCEAtYjt1SNbEf4-wWMXKVRiSmYrLGgP6zhJKtjHte4qb0AA

Yes that's very enlightened of you. Providing special head of the line privileges to a minority group that openly breaks the laws of our nation and not once considering the millions of people from around the world that have attempted to come here legally. How many of the latter have been turned down because they exceded the quota set?

Your narrow minded view of what you call immigration reform only proves your supposedly enlightened progressive liberal nature. While your remarks about Republicans and those not of the Democratic persuasion only proves how little you understand them.

*****SAD SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5mB1VfeeOs

Smile

12Here Comes Immigration Reform Empty Re: Here Comes Immigration Reform 12/11/2012, 1:23 am

Here Comes Immigration Reform Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWVVehDAlgphRWgquOE6G-3sjz8xBaGRe1nFl52lALnscnLSFmFQ

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBmtaFq0kvQ

Smile

13Here Comes Immigration Reform Empty Re: Here Comes Immigration Reform 12/11/2012, 1:28 am

Sal wrote:I'm against extraterrestrial aliens voting in our elections, and they vote at nearly the same rate as illegal immigrants.

tongue

Here Comes Immigration Reform Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1Au608TxYYW7tSMLIFtM3uNYjfcRuIHtYcSVFWwcDwuOmBBeN8Q

With ACORN, and other organizations like it, supporting the Democratic party to get the vote in that latter part is no surprise...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzWRHaIgmHs

Laughing

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 12/11/2012, 3:43 am; edited 1 time in total

14Here Comes Immigration Reform Empty Re: Here Comes Immigration Reform 12/11/2012, 3:33 am

Human wrote:
PkrBum wrote:IRCA 1986... by reform are we talking solution? There were supposed to be some solutions the last time. That turned out well... or do you just want to dance around and blame the other side?

Here Comes Immigration Reform Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQIX3oEwfDnDIIUfFWF0sE7BMVoP_m12nziRQbvs7W6lIatzDQ

*****SAD SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRARSQclog0

Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum