Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A poll question for conservative republicans

+2
Admin
Hospital Bob
6 posters

Do you agree or disagree with William Kristol?

A poll question for conservative republicans I_vote_lcap55%A poll question for conservative republicans I_vote_rcap 55% [ 6 ]
A poll question for conservative republicans I_vote_lcap36%A poll question for conservative republicans I_vote_rcap 36% [ 4 ]
A poll question for conservative republicans I_vote_lcap9%A poll question for conservative republicans I_vote_rcap 9% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Obviously we know how liberal democrats will answer this question so I hope only conservative republicans will respond to it so we can get an idea about how they feel about it.

As you should know by now, one of the most prominent conservative voices, William Kristol, is now saying republicans should be willing to compromise on raising taxes on the higher income earners. I'm hoping this poll will give some indication of how conservative republicans feel about what Kristol is saying.
And it would be even more insightful if those who vote in the poll (either yay or nay) will post to tell us why.

Last edited by Bob on 11/13/2012, 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

okay so I didn't get the poll to work right so forget the whole thing. it said "put line breaks between the choices" and I thought that's what I did.

shit

Admin

Admin

I fixed it, Bob.

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

thanks, bds.

It's a gimmick... it won't fix or have much effect on the deficit. Even combined with sequestration (the so called fiscal cliff) it wouldn't come close to balancing the budget. Until that happens our debt grows... our service on the debt grows... our country grows weaker and continues toward a real fiscal cliff. That's also ignoring the federal reserve which is taxing every dollar in existence at an alarming rate already... there are no sincere adult decisions/solutions on the table.

Margin Call

Margin Call

It will be interesting to watch how the much needed Santa Claus stock market rally fits into the fiscal cliff debate.

Let's hope this guy still believes in Santa:

A poll question for conservative republicans Kevin%20Henry

Undecided.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Undecided.

well shit I thought I was supposed to be the only "undecided" around here. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Let me explain to you how and why I'm undecided, pacedog.

It's because I have no debt. I've never had any debt. Sure that's weird cause I'm weird. But I live like the goddamn depression generation that gave birth to me lived. And they lived within their means.

Bob wrote:Let me explain to you how and why I'm undecided, pacedog.

It's because I have no debt. I've never had any debt. Sure that's weird cause I'm weird. But I live like the goddamn depression generation that gave birth to me lived. And they lived within their means.

I've got debt. Had almost all of my credit cards paid off this time last year and then my cars broke down three times with major repairs, Bright Futures pays ZERO towards tuition and books during summer semesters-thanks very much Florida legislature, I'm building a shed extension bit by bit in my backyard, heck the list just goes on and on...

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

So do my girlfriend's daughter and her family. 35 year olds. The father is one of the hardest working people you can imagine. He's a self-employed skilled craftsman who works his fucking ass off to provide for his family of five. Works till midnight. He's also a real Christian who spends a lot of his time helping people who need help, almost like a real-life Santa Claus. Believe me, you would size him up in five minutes as being good people. And he loves his kids and his kids are also good people.
But he's really struggling to make ends meet.

It's not easy for him and for a lot like him. And I don't think most of the politicians (republican or democrat or whatever) can relate to anything about him. That includes the obamas, the romneys and most of the rest of those tv stars.

Beyond that I don't know enough.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Bob wrote:Let me explain to you how and why I'm undecided, pacedog.

I've got debt. Had almost all of my credit cards paid off this time last year and then my cars broke down three times with major repairs, Bright Futures pays ZERO towards tuition and books during summer semesters-thanks very much Florida legislature, I'm building a shed extension bit by bit in my backyard, heck the list just goes on and on...

LOL! Thank your republican legislature.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Dreamsglore wrote:

LOL! Thank your republican legislature.
Me and pacedog are trying to have a real conversation here. We don't want that kind of noise in this conversation.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

At some point we all need to have some actual communication going. Good god we've had enough of that other shit.

But right now I've gotta get some sleep.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Looks like right now the poll is 4 to 2 with 1 undecided.
If this was the presidential beauty contest, that 1 undecided wouldn't be enough to swing the election.
The question is, is this poll as scientific as the ones Karl Rove and Dick Morris were pitching.

Markle

Markle

I've never been opposed to eliminating or reducing deductions. A good starting place would be for all solar programs. Keep the same business deductions as other corporations including oil companies.

IF Democrats (Progressives are not Democrats) WOULD PROVE THEIR SINCERITY by cutting spending for several years, and allowing the economy to grow, I would consider some tax increases.

I'm not talking about cutting as in reducing the growth they way they do in Washington. In Washington, the Democrats scream and the Progressives have an apoplexy if Republicans talk about REDUCING THE GROWTH.

If Republicans say they want to reduce the growth of a program from a four percent annual growth to three percent growth, the Democrats scream that the Republicans are SLASHING SPENDING BY 25%. Children and kittens will be dying in the street.

Do away with Baseline Budgeting and replace it with Zero Line Budgeting. Then show REAL CUTS in spending.

Until now, Democrats say we'll cut spending in four years, IF you'll increase taxes now. Then "four years" never comes.

I'm not willing to give government another single DIME until they PROVE they are HONESTLY CHANGING THEIR SPENDING WAYS.

We're over SIXTEEN TRILLION DOLLARS IN DEBT. We have Social Security, Medicare, Medicare Part "D" and Medicaid obligations for which there is no chance in heck we can meet and the Democrats say SPEND MORE to STIMULATE the economy!

Japan has been doing that for 20 years and they're just deeper in debt and have a stagnant economy.

Ask the Progressives here how much money their beloved TAX INCREASES would increase revenue, IN THE REAL WORLD, and they HAVE NO CLUE.

It is time we face REALITY. WE'RE BROKE! We have nothing to SPEND.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:I've never been opposed to eliminating or reducing deductions. A good starting place would be for all solar programs. Keep the same business deductions as other corporations including oil companies.

IF Democrats (Progressives are not Democrats) WOULD PROVE THEIR SINCERITY by cutting spending for several years, and allowing the economy to grow, I would consider some tax increases.

I'm not talking about cutting as in reducing the growth they way they do in Washington. In Washington, the Democrats scream and the Progressives have an apoplexy if Republicans talk about REDUCING THE GROWTH.

If Republicans say they want to reduce the growth of a program from a four percent annual growth to three percent growth, the Democrats scream that the Republicans are SLASHING SPENDING BY 25%. Children and kittens will be dying in the street.

Do away with Baseline Budgeting and replace it with Zero Line Budgeting. Then show REAL CUTS in spending.

Until now, Democrats say we'll cut spending in four years, IF you'll increase taxes now. Then "four years" never comes.

I'm not willing to give government another single DIME until they PROVE they are HONESTLY CHANGING THEIR SPENDING WAYS.

We're over SIXTEEN TRILLION DOLLARS IN DEBT. We have Social Security, Medicare, Medicare Part "D" and Medicaid obligations for which there is no chance in heck we can meet and the Democrats say SPEND MORE to STIMULATE the economy!

Japan has been doing that for 20 years and they're just deeper in debt and have a stagnant economy.

Ask the Progressives here how much money their beloved TAX INCREASES would increase revenue, IN THE REAL WORLD, and they HAVE NO CLUE.

It was YOUR PARTY, Doofus, that caused the economy to falter in the first place. You can't give tax breaks (that disproportionately favored the very wealthy, BTW) and wage two wars of aggression while telling the public to "go shopping." Now you're acting like Obama caused the crisis. He did not. Reality...a really overused word, if there ever was one, but if you really want to go there, then ACCEPT the reality that your party almost brought down the country, and not just economically. Exit polls after the current election revealed that people actually are aware that Bush & Co. are to blame for the economic mess, not Obama. Where were you on going to war with Afghanistan and Iraq? Did you favor banking deregulation in your supposedly free-market philosophy? You and people like you blessed everything Bush did, including his "spending like a drunken sailor". He drank like one, too, and publicly humiliated the United States at the Olympics. I heard very few Republicans criticize Bush, and I think I know why. Opposing him could end up being dangerous to one's health.

knothead

knothead

Floridatexan wrote:
Markle wrote:I've never been opposed to eliminating or reducing deductions. A good starting place would be for all solar programs. Keep the same business deductions as other corporations including oil companies.

It was YOUR PARTY, Doofus, that caused the economy to falter in the first place. You can't give tax breaks (that disproportionately favored the very wealthy, BTW) and wage two wars of aggression while telling the public to "go shopping." Now you're acting like Obama caused the crisis. He did not. Reality...a really overused word, if there ever was one, but if you really want to go there, then ACCEPT the reality that your party almost brought down the country, and not just economically. Exit polls after the current election revealed that people actually are aware that Bush & Co. are to blame for the economic mess, not Obama. Where were you on going to war with Afghanistan and Iraq? Did you favor banking deregulation in your supposedly free-market philosophy? You and people like you blessed everything Bush did, including his "spending like a drunken sailor". He drank like one, too, and publicly humiliated the United States at the Olympics. I heard very few Republicans criticize Bush, and I think I know why. Opposing him could end up being dangerous to one's health.

Good post FT!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum