Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Poll: 54% of Republicans say that, "deep down," Obama is a Muslim (More crazy republican base poll results)

+2
ZVUGKTUBM
boards of FL
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://www.vox.com/2015/2/25/8108005/obama-muslim-poll

Poll: 54% of Republicans say that, "deep down," Obama is a Muslim  (More crazy republican base poll results) Screen_Shot_2015-02-25_at_12.20.25_PM.0

Over half of Republicans answered "Muslim" when asked which religion describes President Obama's "deep down" beliefs, according to a newly released poll by Alex Theodoridis of the University of California at Merced.

Theodoridis, who released the results on Wednesday on the Washington Post political science blog Monkey Cage, asked Americans this question: "Which of these do you think most likely describes what Obama believes deep down? Muslim, Christian, atheist, spiritual, or I don't know." The poll was conducted in the fall of 2014.

The results, divided by party affiliation, are shown above. And they're pretty staggering. Among Republicans, 54 percent answered "Muslim" when asked what Obama believes; only nine percent said "Christian," his stated religion.

Identifying Obama as affiliated with Islam is not unique to Republicans, according to the poll, which found that 10 percent of Democrats and 26 percent of Independents answered "Muslim" as well. Democrats' most frequent answer was "Christian," with 45 percent.

"I don't know" was also a very popular answer, given by 47 percent of Independents, 26 percent of Democrats, and 19 percent of Republicans. As Theodoridis points out, this is the answer that Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker, a Republican and possible presidential candidate, gave when asked to identify Obama's religion.

The idea that Obama is Muslim, a thread of the "birther" conspiracy theory that Obama is not actually American, goes back to the 2008 presidential campaign, when some Obama critics presented him as "other," if not explicitly foreign.

Still, this poll shows unusually high levels of belief in the idea that Obama is affiliated with Islam. Theodoridis links, for example, to an August 2010 Pew poll showing 31 percent of Republicans identifying Obama as Muslim. A June 2012 Gallup poll reported 18 percent.

Theodoridis suggests that the way his question was phrased likely explains the disparity — and may in fact better portray Americans' views:

Previous survey questions about Obama's religion tend to sound like a pop quiz - such as "do you happen to know the religious faith of Barack Obama?" But by asking "what Obama believes deep down?" I was intentionally granting respondents license to stray from the pesident's self-reported Christian faith. This reveals a prevalent willingness to distrust this pesident or categorize him as "the other" in terms of religion.

The uptick in American, and particularly Republican, views of Obama as Muslim may also in part be explained by the rise of ISIS, which political opponents have seized on to argue that Obama is soft on Islamist terror. While these opponents do not say that Obama is soft on Islamist terror because he is Muslim, they could easily feed into preexisting suspicion of Obama based on his race and background.

In more recent months, Obama has also attempted to defray the tide of American Islamophobia that has coincided with ISIS's rise, in part by correctly defending Islam and Muslims against bigotry. Increased belief that Obama "deep down" believes in Islam may be an unfortunate cost of this effort.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Just ask PaceDog and see what he thinks.....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

nadalfan

The right wing media has been effective in infecting conservatives with lunacy.

knothead

knothead

It is certainly no secret that the GOP has devoted all their energy in demonizing, disrespecting, accusations questioning his patriotism, religion, holding a secret dark agenda . . . . this all from Day 1 . . . . . talk radio buzzes 24/7/365 encouraging citizens to disrespect and they have done an excellent job!

KarlRove

KarlRove

Where there is smoke there is fire

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

As you can see by the post above, PeeDog has believed every chain-email he has ever received on the President. Razz

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

KarlRove

KarlRove

Overwhelmingly he supports Muslims over Christians in his speech and attitude to the point that Coptic Christians are having an Orange Jumpsuit protest at the WH this week.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Link for those who think I am exaggerating -

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/02/25/coptic-christians-hold-orange-jumpsuit-protest-at-white-house/

Sal

Sal

Aren't you the same guy who delights in pointing out that Obama has bombed more countries than Dubya - all predominantly Islamic nations?

Does this mean that Dubya loves Muslims even more than Hussein Obama??

KarlRove

KarlRove

Reading comp isn't your forte

Sal

Sal

DUBYA: "Thank you all very much for your hospitality. We've just had a -- wide-ranging discussions on the matter at hand. Like the good folks standing with me, the American people were appalled and outraged at last Tuesday's attacks. And so were Muslims all across the world. Both Americans and Muslim friends and citizens, tax-paying citizens, and Muslims in nations were just appalled and could not believe what we saw on our TV screens.

These acts of violence against innocents violate the fundamental tenets of the Islamic faith. And it's important for my fellow Americans to understand that.

The English translation is not as eloquent as the original Arabic, but let me quote from the Koran, itself: In the long run, evil in the extreme will be the end of those who do evil. For that they rejected the signs of Allah and held them up to ridicule.

The face of terror is not the true faith of Islam. That's not what Islam is all about. Islam is peace. These terrorists don't represent peace. They represent evil and war.

When we think of Islam we think of a faith that brings comfort to a billion people around the world. Billions of people find comfort and solace and peace. And that's made brothers and sisters out of every race -- out of every race.

America counts millions of Muslims amongst our citizens, and Muslims make an incredibly valuable contribution to our country. Muslims are doctors, lawyers, law professors, members of the military, entrepreneurs, shopkeepers, moms and dads. And they need to be treated with respect. In our anger and emotion, our fellow Americans must treat each other with respect.

Women who cover their heads in this country must feel comfortable going outside their homes. Moms who wear cover must be not intimidated in America. That's not the America I know. That's not the America I value.

I've been told that some fear to leave; some don't want to go shopping for their families; some don't want to go about their ordinary daily routines because, by wearing cover, they're afraid they'll be intimidated. That should not and that will not stand in America.

Those who feel like they can intimidate our fellow citizens to take out their anger don't represent the best of America, they represent the worst of humankind, and they should be ashamed of that kind of behavior.

This is a great country. It's a great country because we share the same values of respect and dignity and human worth. And it is my honor to be meeting with leaders who feel just the same way I do. They're outraged, they're sad. They love America just as much as I do."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum