Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hallmarkgrad, what do you make of this?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

http://www.pnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2012310270015

lol

Snake oil sells good. LOL Last week i got into a very heated discussion with my brother in law who a pretty big executive in a major hospital in Atlanta. He has been to Studer Seminars and such. He was telling all of us about how all his schooling and college was so important for him to do his job.
So my question to him was......Ok you have a CEO that makes a Million plus each year. You have a team of executives, planners, and people who all are highly educated and make big money. All this and No one knows how to run the hospital? You have to pay big bucks to people to come and tell you how to do your job? A week or two in a seminar produces magical results? Reading a book and listening to Studer speak and you all know" the Secret of perfect management"? Some one is full of crap, either you guys are not very smart and can not do your job which voids your educational propaganda or Studer is selling snake oil. Of course, contrary to what they say, hospital piss away a lot of money on meetings, seminars and things that are basically "perts" and paid vacations.

LOL He was really pissed. We will continue the discussion when we go to the Georgia Home coming game next week.

Last edited by hallmarkgrad on 10/27/2012, 7:42 am; edited 2 times in total

Also, we really try hard to have fun at work, such as pot luck lunches, joining in community activities and going to baseball games,” Ritchie said

Hell No wonder they are a great place to work for.

I wonder if Ms Ritchie is any kin to Dee Dee.

hallmarkgrad wrote:Snake oil sells good. LOL Last week i got into a very heated discussion with my brother in law who a pretty big executive in a major hospital in Atlanta. He has been to Studer Seminars and such. He was telling all of us about how all his schooling and college was so important for him to do his job.
So my question to him was......Ok you have a CEO that makes a Million plus each year. You have a team of executives, planners, and people who all are highly educated and make big money. All this and No one knows how to run the hospital? You have to pay big bucks to people to come and tell you how to do your job? A week or two in a seminar produces magical results? Reading a book and listening to Studer speak and you all know" the Secret of perfect management"? Some one is full of crap, either you guys are not very smart and can not do your job which voids your educational propaganda or Studer is selling snake oil. Of course, contrary to what they say, hospital piss away a lot of money on meetings, seminars and things that are basically "perts" and paid vacations.

LOL He was really pissed. We will continue the discussion when we go to the Georgia Home coming game next week.

Ive had to go to those and others like them. Let me add another perspective on it.

Its not a bad idea to get all your leaders together and get them all on the same page, armed with the same tools and sent out on the same mission. Its streamlining leadership at its finest.

You have leaders that come and go in a organization and you have leaders that forget what thier goals are and need to be reminded, inspired, re-aligned per say.

Studer isnt the only program out there that does these things. I know you may hate it but his ideas are good. I have seen them at work from there in pcola and all across this country.

So with all that said, the most important take home of this is, a good leader knows how to get thier employees the best tools and in this case, its a alignment tool thats dished out in seminars, pamplets mixed in with a little bit of inspirational speaches. Its not a bad thing. Its just a tool.

Go bullogs!!!!!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum