Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Here's HallmarkGrad on his tricycle

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Here's HallmarkGrad on his tricycle 1zxsx10

It is amazing what people can carry on bicycles. Note that the guys boots are on top of his load and he dosent have any pedals. Just a iron rod. That reminds me to put some more teflon lube on my carbon fiber pedals.
Here's HallmarkGrad on his tricycle Agricultural+Land

Off Topic but.............
Export bananas are picked green, and ripen in special rooms upon arrival in the destination country. These rooms are air-tight and filled with ethylene gas to induce ripening. The vivid yellow color normally associated with supermarket bananas is in fact a side effect of the artificial ripening process.[38][39] Flavor and texture are also affected by ripening temperature. Bananas are refrigerated to between 13.5 and 15 °C (56 and 59 °F) during transport. At lower temperatures, ripening permanently stalls, and turns the bananas gray as cell walls break down. The skin of ripe bananas quickly blackens in the 4 °C (39 °F) environment of a domestic refrigerator, although the fruit inside remains unaffected.

Ripened bananas (left, under sunlight) fluoresce in blue when exposed to UV light.
"Tree-ripened" Cavendish bananas have a greenish-yellow appearance which changes to a brownish-yellow as they ripen further. Although both flavor and texture of tree-ripened bananas is generally regarded as superior to any type of green-picked fruit,[citation needed] this reduces shelf life to only 7–10 days.[citation needed]

Bananas can be ordered by the retailer "ungassed", and may show up at the supermarket fully green. "Guineo Verde", or green bananas that have not been gassed will never fully ripen before becoming rotten. Instead of fresh eating, these bananas are best suited to cooking, as seen in Mexican culinary dishes.[citation needed]

A 2008 study reported that ripe bananas fluoresce when exposed to ultraviolet light. This property is attributed to the degradation of chlorophyll leading to the accumulation of a fluorescent product in the skin of the fruit. The chlorophyll breakdown product is stabilized by a propionate ester group. Banana-plant leaves also fluoresce in the same way. Green bananas do not fluoresce. The study suggested that this allows animals which can see light in the ultraviolet spectrum (tetrachromats and pentachromats) to more easily detect ripened bananas.[40]

Storage and transport
Bananas must be transported over long distances from the tropics to world markets. To obtain maximum shelf life, harvest comes before the fruit is mature. The fruit requires careful handling, rapid transport to ports, cooling, and refrigerated shipping. The goal is to prevent the bananas from producing their natural ripening agent, ethylene. This technology allows storage and transport for 3–4 weeks at 13 °C (55 °F). On arrival, bananas are held at about 17 °C (63 °F) and treated with a low concentration of ethylene. After a few days, the fruit begins to ripen and is distributed for final sale. Unripe bananas can not be held in home refrigerators because they suffer from the cold.[citation needed] Ripe bananas can be held for a few days at home. If bananas are too green, they can be put in a brown paper bag with an apple or tomato overnight to speed up the ripening process.[41]

Carbon dioxide (which bananas produce) and ethylene absorbents extend fruit life even at high temperatures. This effect can be exploited by packing banana in a polyethylene bag and including an ethylene absorbent, e.g., potassium permanganate, on an inert carrier. The bag is then sealed with a band or string. This treatment has been shown to more than double lifespans up to 3–4 weeks without the need for refrigeration.[42][43][44]

Trade

boards of FL

boards of FL

I win.

Here's HallmarkGrad on his tricycle Bicycle-carry-huge-weight

boards of FL wrote:I win.

Here's HallmarkGrad on his tricycle Bicycle-carry-huge-weight

Where are you taking all the plastic bottles?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Here's HallmarkGrad on his tricycle 182161

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Here's HallmarkGrad on his tricycle 347761d1332409773-how-much-gold-overload3

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Here's HallmarkGrad on his tricycle 163976659_15c4ce7e43

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Here's HallmarkGrad on his tricycle Flat,550x550,075,f

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Here's HallmarkGrad on his tricycle Overload

When I was in the Army I had a house near downtown Young dong po in Korea. Back then there was martial law/curfew for the Koreans(us too). You had to be Off the roads, no traveling between 12 midnight and 6 am. Twice a year they would lift the restrictions so the farmers could bring their produce into the city. People made Kimchi a major food staple for everyone. So.....
There was a long pretty steep hill coming into town. People would have their bicycle, hand carts, loaded to the max, like in the pics, to beat the curfew. Many were Farm people who did not ever come to town very much. Poor damn people would come down the hill with a hell of a load and some with no brakes. Bicycles usually just crashed or fell over, the truck sometimes could make it with a lot of screaming/yelling and if Buddha was on their side. The hand carts were the worse. When they lost control many times the cart ran over the person(s) sometimes times killing them. Then the load ran wild until it crashed scattering someone life savings all over the road. I still think about it sometime. But those days are gone and I guess the big danger now is Texting in their Toyota.
Here's HallmarkGrad on his tricycle Korean_ajummas_pushing_shit_8

Bob wrote:Here's HallmarkGrad on his tricycle 347761d1332409773-how-much-gold-overload3

DAMN!

Bob wrote:Here's HallmarkGrad on his tricycle Overload

Great, hauling in another load of BHO supporters....Seems legit.

nochain wrote:

Nah, good try. Those are the people who had their jobs shipped to India by Romney. Very Happy

Yomama wrote:
nochain wrote:

Nah, good try. Those are the people who had their jobs shipped to India by Romney. Very Happy

Look, obama is already on the bus too cheers

Look at the guy on the top giving the "V" sign. Notice many of them are smiling. Neat pic

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum