Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

College Football Saturday: Stuffed Gamecock on the Gator Menu This Afternoon

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

UF 44, South Carolina 11.

21 of the Gator's points came off turnovers. South Carolina turned the ball over on the opening play of the game on their own 2 yard line. That led to the first UF touchdown.... The 'Ole Ball Coach had a rough day today....

The first BCS rankings came out this week. Alabama is #1, UF is #2. The SEC owns college football....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

Whats the deal with the polls. I understand that Penn State is banned from post season.....ok.....I heard something today that Ohio State is also banned, but when I look at the AP they show them at 7, but the coaches poll and the point system do not have them listed in the top 25. Is the ap rating a team that cannot play in the post season, or do the coaches feel so badly about Ohio State they do not make the polls.......I am confused. They looked really bad in their win over Purdue. I am skipping watching Auburn this year.

2seaoat wrote:Whats the deal with the polls. I understand that Penn State is banned from post season.....ok.....I heard something today that Ohio State is also banned, but when I look at the AP they show them at 7, but the coaches poll and the point system do not have them listed in the top 25. Is the ap rating a team that cannot play in the post season, or do the coaches feel so badly about Ohio State they do not make the polls.......I am confused. They looked really bad in their win over Purdue. I am skipping watching Auburn this year.

Seaoat, if you look at the only poll that counts in determining the BCS Championship game, no team that is on probation is ranked anywhere in the top 25. In the AP Ohio State is #7 but they are unranked in the BCS. The AP has always chosen to list teams that are not eligible for post season play, but the poll that really counts does not list them.

@ Z-Man, FSU is also down 10-0 in the first qtr. The are 3 TD favorites but they have also had 3 turnovers. With the BCS poll as it stands right now, there is no way that Alabama and Florida will play for the title. If the win their respective SEC Division, they will have to face each other in the SEC Title Game, thus one will have at least 1 lose and at the end of the season a 1 lose team, IMO will not make the championship game. The teams everyone needs to keep an eye on is Kansas State and Oregon. Both are very well balanced on offense and defense. K-State is currently destroying West Virginia.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:UF 44, South Carolina 11.

21 of the Gator's points came off turnovers. South Carolina turned the ball over on the opening play of the game on their own 2 yard line. That led to the first UF touchdown.... The 'Ole Ball Coach had a rough day today....

The first BCS rankings came out this week. Alabama is #1, UF is #2. The SEC owns college football....

I love to see Spurrier get beat. Florida had some great plays.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum