Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

College Football Saturday

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1College Football Saturday Empty College Football Saturday 11/17/2012, 7:30 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Looks like LSU is behind Ole Miss, 28-20 at the end of the 3rd Qtr.

UCLA putting the whuppass on USC. Just blocked USC's final field goal attempt and will take over on downs.

Edited: UCLA is my Dad's team, and he hates USC; the reason I am following the game online at SI.com.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2College Football Saturday Empty Re: College Football Saturday 11/17/2012, 7:36 pm

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Looks like LSU is behind Ole Miss, 28-20 at the end of the 3rd Qtr.

UCLA putting the whuppass on USC. Just blocked USC's final field goal attempt and will take over on downs.

Edited: UCLA is my Dad's team, and he hates USC; the reason I am following the game online at SI.com.

LSU just tied Ole Miss. Scored a TD and made the 2 point conversion.

3College Football Saturday Empty Re: College Football Saturday 11/17/2012, 7:47 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Looks like LSU is behind Ole Miss, 28-20 at the end of the 3rd Qtr.

....And Mississippi pulled ahead again.... Good game going.....

4College Football Saturday Empty Re: College Football Saturday 11/17/2012, 7:58 pm

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

....And Mississippi pulled ahead again.... Good game going.....

Yes it is and LSU tied it again with an 88 punt return................

5College Football Saturday Empty Re: College Football Saturday 11/17/2012, 8:20 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

It looks like LSU put it away with that last touchdown......

6College Football Saturday Empty Re: College Football Saturday 11/17/2012, 9:36 pm

Bluebonnet

1st Quarter. Better keep an eye on the K State/Baylor game. Wildcats are down.

7College Football Saturday Empty Re: College Football Saturday 11/17/2012, 9:48 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Soleil wrote:1st Quarter. Better keep an eye on the K State/Baylor game. Wildcats are down.

Oh, yes! And, watch that Oregon Stanford game, too.....

8College Football Saturday Empty Re: College Football Saturday 11/18/2012, 12:39 am

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

#1 Oregon-falls to Stanford 17-14 in overtime...

#2 Kansas State falls to Baylor 52-14.....

We will need a new #1 and #2...... Who will it be?

9College Football Saturday Empty Re: College Football Saturday 11/18/2012, 12:52 am

2seaoat

After watching Auburn get beat by Georgia, I think they are the best team I have seen this year.......they have a clear path to the championship.

Word out is that USC has lost their qb......Notre Dame.....Georgia.

Georgia wins it all.

10College Football Saturday Empty Re: College Football Saturday 11/18/2012, 1:15 am

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:After watching Auburn get beat by Georgia, I think they are the best team I have seen this year.......they have a clear path to the championship.

Word out is that USC has lost their qb......Notre Dame.....Georgia.

Georgia wins it all.

Hmmmm... That means that the road leading to Rome passes through the SEC Championsip game. It should be a good one.

11College Football Saturday Empty Re: College Football Saturday 11/18/2012, 9:16 am

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:#1 Oregon-falls to Stanford 17-14 in overtime...

#2 Kansas State falls to Baylor 52-14.....

We will need a new #1 and #2...... Who will it be?

I say Notre Dame - Alabama number 1 and 2 respectfully. Of course if Notre Dame get by USC Saturday then they punch their ticket to Miami. The SEC championship game will decide the opponent and I am going to have to go with Alabama. It is definitely going to be barn burner.

12College Football Saturday Empty Re: College Football Saturday 11/18/2012, 10:42 am

Bluebonnet

It would be easier picking a beauty queen from the Georgia locker room than a worthy national champ.

Kinda boring at this point.

On to NCAA basketball!

To you SEC fans, it's a sport invented by this guy named Naismith involving what used to be a couple of peach baskets and a brown spherical ball.

13College Football Saturday Empty Re: College Football Saturday 11/18/2012, 1:40 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Well I was wrong about Oregon. With them and Kansas State out of the way, if Notre Dame falls on the road to USC and then Alabama defeats Georgia in the SEC championship, the Gators will have their shot at Alabama for the title. The Gators will of course defeat FSU next weekend.

14College Football Saturday Empty Re: College Football Saturday 11/18/2012, 2:02 pm

boards of FL wrote:Well I was wrong about Oregon. With them and Kansas State out of the way, if Notre Dame falls on the road to USC and then Alabama defeats Georgia in the SEC championship, the Gators will have their shot at Alabama for the title. The Gators will of course defeat FSU next weekend.

Don't feel bad Boards, so was I. USC may be without Matt Barkley next week against ND.

I'm not so sure that Florida has what it takes to get by FSU and their defense. They got damn luck against ULL last weekend. What is Driskell's status against FSU? Jacoby Brissett is not even in the same atmosphere as Driskell.

I noticed in the FSU game yesterday that for most of the second half Fisher used the 2nd and 3rd string QBs.

Will, here is another interesting take on your scenario. Consider Georgia does fall to Alabama and USC does beat ND. Your scenario would depend on how far K-State and Oregon fall. In the AP Top 25, Oregon only fell to #5, just one place above Florida and K-State fell to #7 just below Florida. Seems to me a lot has to happen in order for an Alabama - Florida BCS Championship, but anyway you twist it, I believe that the SEC will be represented one way or another.

15College Football Saturday Empty Re: College Football Saturday 11/18/2012, 4:39 pm

I just can't see ND in the title game... they would be the most mediocre team to have ever been in that game imo.

16College Football Saturday Empty Re: College Football Saturday 11/18/2012, 4:46 pm

2seaoat

I just can't see ND in the title game... they would be the most mediocre team to have ever been in that game imo.

I agree......I think Northern Illinois could beat ND, they have only lost one game, and they are in a conference which gets no respect or consideration, yet the schedule that ND played is softer than the teams in the Mid American Conference.

Georgia will steamroll them, but sadly with this screwed up system.....ND playing usc who has lost a key player.....will win.

17College Football Saturday Empty Re: College Football Saturday 11/18/2012, 4:59 pm

2seaoat wrote:I just can't see ND in the title game... they would be the most mediocre team to have ever been in that game imo.

I agree......I think Northern Illinois could beat ND, they have only lost one game, and they are in a conference which gets no respect or consideration, yet the schedule that ND played is softer than the teams in the Mid American Conference.

Georgia will steamroll them, but sadly with this screwed up system.....ND playing usc who has lost a key player.....will win.

So what you are saying is that another BCS trophy is on it's way to the SEC again? Wink

18College Football Saturday Empty Re: College Football Saturday 11/18/2012, 5:51 pm

2seaoat

I have felt that Georgia is the best team in the country since they beat Auburn. I have watched ND struggle against weak teams, and when I finally got to watch Kansas State.....well they got trounced. I still think Oregon has a very good team, but Alabama is a pretender, and Georgia is the real deal. I have looked at the the South Carolina game where Gerogia lost, and it seems that very good teams playing a Spurrier coached team can lose their path to the national championship. South Carolina had Auburn on the ropes their champtionship year, and the only question mark I have about Georgia is defense, but clearly their offense is better than Alabama. I do not think Alabama will be able to stop Georgia. Georgia will embarass ND like Utah embarassed an overrated Alabama team in 2010.

19College Football Saturday Empty Re: College Football Saturday 11/18/2012, 5:54 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

boards of FL wrote:Well I was wrong about Oregon. With them and Kansas State out of the way, if Notre Dame falls on the road to USC and then Alabama defeats Georgia in the SEC championship, the Gators will have their shot at Alabama for the title. The Gators will of course defeat FSU next weekend.

I'm hoping. Will Muschamp needs to put his mark on Ron Zook Field. I always look forward to this game.

20College Football Saturday Empty Re: College Football Saturday 11/18/2012, 8:04 pm

2seaoat wrote:I just can't see ND in the title game... they would be the most mediocre team to have ever been in that game imo.

Not so sure I agree with Poker and you about ND belonging in the title game. According to both ESPN and CBS Sports, ND had the #1 toughest schedule in NCAA football this year. As for NIU beating ND, not a snowball's chance.

1. Notre Dame: Wait, where are the cupcakes? Notre Dame is one of the few programs that doesn't play any FCS programs. The closest things to “cupcake games” are the opener against Navy in Ireland (the Midshipmen have won 24 games the past three seasons); Purdue (a Big Ten team which won seven games in 2011); at BC (who did beat both NC State and Miami last year) or against Wake Forest (which has beaten FSU four of the past six times they've met.) More impressively, the Irish face five teams that have a good shot to be in the top 15: at Michigan State, Michigan, Stanford, at Oklahoma and then the Irish finish at arch-rival USC. Perhaps the best proof of how hefty this route is for the Irish, consider that Miami--after BYU (a team that may win 10 games this fall)--could prove to be the seventh toughest game on the schedule.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/bruce-feldman/19184201/top-10-list-toughest-schedules-of-2012

21College Football Saturday Empty Re: College Football Saturday 11/18/2012, 8:21 pm

2seaoat

I watched the ND Michigan State game and ND looked terrible in my opinion, and other than Ohio State the Big Ten looks terrible this year. I would take NIU in a second over ND, and ever since Jerry Kill was there a couple of years ago they have developed a top notch program which like all Mid American conference teams will get no consideration on a bowl game.

We are going to have some fun over the next 6 weeks watching this unfold, but are you taking ND? I wish ND would lose to USC and NIU would get a chance.....but it is all about tv ratings and money with ND....so that will not happen, and USC is going to not be at full strength.

22College Football Saturday Empty Re: College Football Saturday 11/18/2012, 9:05 pm

2seaoat wrote:I watched the ND Michigan State game and ND looked terrible in my opinion, and other than Ohio State the Big Ten looks terrible this year. I would take NIU in a second over ND, and ever since Jerry Kill was there a couple of years ago they have developed a top notch program which like all Mid American conference teams will get no consideration on a bowl game.

We are going to have some fun over the next 6 weeks watching this unfold, but are you taking ND? I wish ND would lose to USC and NIU would get a chance.....but it is all about tv ratings and money with ND....so that will not happen, and USC is going to not be at full strength.

No I will take any SEC Conference team over ND any day of the week. I could never go for a team that beat my beloved Sooners like a red-headed step-child.

I agree with you, it is going to been fun the next few weeks. This is my favorite time of the college football season, when it gets down to the nitty-gritty.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum