Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bad Ideas Fail... Get used to that Result

+3
zsomething
Sal
PkrBum
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 24  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 24]

zsomething

gatorfan wrote:
zsomething wrote:Yep, inflation's bad.  Too bad Trump did such a lousy fucking job handling the pandemic and destroyed America's trade partnerships or we probably wouldn't have all this trouble.

LOL. "Whataboutism" at its finest. But when you can't carry the Placeholder Presidents water anymore.....I keep forgetting NOTHING is ever a liberals fault, even when it is. Bunch of meat puppets.

No "whataboutism" involved. "Whataboutism" is introducing a side issue. I'm not introducing a side issue -- Trump's mishandling of the pandemic is literally the main thing that created the situation. He was too childish to understand the problem to begin with so he (literally) hoped it would "just go away," and when he saw that wasn't happening he was too vain to admit he'd screwed anything up so he just tried to babble his way out with bullshit. Which seems to be all Republicans do now that they've gotten a good look at how fuck-ass stuuuuupid and controllable their base actually is.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/08/28/five-trump-failures-that-unleashed-a-pandemic/

He wrecked the economy by not only not taking preventative measures early, he actually worked against those measures, to the point where his cult are hesitant to take a vaccine during a pandemic.

And it's pretty hard to deny anymore that Trump destroyed our trade relationships, which are slow to rebuild because he taught our former partners that they could work around us. They formed new partnerships and, once established, those are hard to just turn back on. https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuartanderson/2021/05/20/trumps-tariffs-were-much-more-damaging-than-thought/?sh=1a7b70fb65bd and https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/06/trump-trade-deficit-426805 We're no longer on the strong footing we were before Trump's pulsating ego decided he was real-real-smart at everything and fucked around, so we're having to pay more and having a harder time getting enough supply to meet demand. That's because other countries are sending their stuff to the new markets they formed when Trump made us a less attractive partner. Biden's trying to change that, but trade relationships are hard things to re-jigger when they've been re-established.

Fact is, Biden hasn't been in office long enough for any of his economic policies to be making any kind of huge impact for good or ill. Even the good job market numbers are an inevitable part of getting more control over the pandemic than it is over economic policies. So, what exactly do you want to fault Biden for, Mr. Calling-Me-A-Meat-Puppet? You gonna fault him for taking stronger action to cure the pandemic? Because getting a handle on the pandemic is the main cause for the inflation. With jobs re-opening, due to COVID cases going down due to vaccination efforts (despite Trump cultists trying to sabotage those, AND the economy), people have more money to spend and demand is going up... but the supply's going down because we haven't produced as much and our imports cost more because Trump fucked that up. Gas prices went up -- which affects everything else -- because demand for that went up now that we're not in as much of a lockdown. Basic economics.

O' course, he could've just let the pandemic run rampant. That would keep inflation down... but it'd also keep job numbers and wages increases low, too, so you're gonna get one bad thing or another. I'd rather pay a little more for chicken for a few months than rack up another million or so dead, myself, but that's just me.

Now, I guess you could fault Biden some for importing more oil than we export, instead of exporting it like Trump was doing for a while, but if you know anything about oil production and basic strategy then you know there's a reason for that. Trump was trying to increase domestic production, because Trump (A) doesn't have any vision beyond making money regardless of the effect it has on the country, and (B) didn't mind leaving America helpless against Russia, because he wanted Putin to "like him." Making America an oil exporter was a foolish move, because we simply do not have that kind of natural resources in any sustainable way.

The United States has about enough oil to keep us running for five years if we didn't import any. And then... we're fucked. The Saudis have around a century of it. If we ended up in a war, and our foreign supplies were cut off, we'd have around 5 years... and that's already not a great situation, so it'd be really pretty dumb to be using that up and selling it off just for some short-term profit. Russia was excited to see us doing it, because they've beat people that way before. That's what stopped Hitler -- he got held off at Stalingrad and couldn't get to the Russian oil fields and his war machine simply dried up. Trump was playing right into that.

So, what would you rather have -- slightly cheaper gas prices now, or keep a stronger defense and have more bargaining power on the world stage?

I'm fine with having a "liberal" -- if that's what you really want to call Biden -- be responsible for anything he's actually responsible for. Fer instance, I think the border situation is lousy and that's something the Biden administration could and should be doing a better job on. But if you want to be honest about causality for the inflation, then that, honestly, is far, far more due to Trump's fucking up than anything Biden's done. What Biden's done is restart the economy... and, because supply didn't keep up with demand because it was slower to restart, we're going to have inflation for a while. It'll catch up and then you'll have to find something else to bitch about (knowing you I'm sure you will, big ol' bitchy-ass bitch that you are! Smile ) but "whataboutism"? Nah, not even close.

Floridatexan and Telstar like this post

PkrBum

PkrBum

You simply regurgitate dnc talkingpoints with no objective gag reflex. I'm a totally glad though. I'd much prefer that the leftist sheep will simply double down. People are going to examine the results. As to the virus response... it's a fucking virus. You can look objectively at state to state comparisons between responses and there's not a statistically significant difference. There is however a quality of life and prosperity difference. I wouldn't expect you to understand that however. I'm not every sure what the point about Trump handling the pandemic even means. Wtf was he supposed to do... hold your fragile hand? Try sticking to facts and actual results instead of your feeeeelings driven political narratives.

Dec. 31: China confirms existence of a new virus.

Jan. 20: World Health Organization reports cases in China, Thailand, Japan, and South Korea.

Jan. 21: The first U.S. case is announced in Washington state (as well as Vietnam and Singapore). WHO says the virus risk globally is high.

Jan 29: The White House forms a coronavirus response task force.

Jan. 30: The WHO declares a global health emergency.

Jan. 31: Trump canceled travel from China... "RACIST".

Feb. 20: Canceled travel from Iran and parts of SE Asia... "ISLAMOPHOBIC".

Feb. 26: The first case emerges in California with no clear source, suggesting community spread of the virus.

March 4: House passes $8.3 billion emergency bill, aimed mainly at the immediate health response to the virus.

Mar. 11: Canceled travel from Europe and begins border restrictions... "DICTATOR".

March 13: Trump declares a national emergency to access $50 billion for states and territories, and clear the way for fast-track waivers for hospitals and doctors as they respond to the virus.

March 19: The U.S. Senate unveils a $1 trillion-plus economic stimulus package. California orders lockdown for 40 million residents.

March 27: Trump signs $2.2 trillion emergency spending bill. The act provides $1,200 per individual and $500 per child for households making up to $150,000 a year. Small businesses are eligible for loans — that can be forgiven — from a $377 billion fund. There’s a $454 billion fund for companies and state and local governments, and $180 billion for the health care sector.

March 31: Trump asks Americans to be prepared for the "hard days that lie ahead."

April 14: Fourth economic rescue bill stalls. Republicans seek additional $250 billion for small businesses. Democrats agree, but also want another $250 billion for hospitals and state and local governments. On April 16, the SBA says it has committed all of the nearly $350 billion small business aid program called the Paycheck Protection Program.

April 29: The Trump administration organized Operation Warp Speed, which aimed to have substantial quantities of a vaccine by January 2021 as well as to develop therapeutics.

Telstar

Telstar

Bad Ideas Fail... Get used to that Result - Page 2 Sam_ho51

Floridatexan and zsomething like this post

zsomething

PkrBum wrote:I'm not every sure what the point about Trump handling the pandemic even means.

followed by a bunch of

feeeeelings driven political narratives.

There, I condensed it for y'all so you don't have to plow through all that poorly-written bullshit.

Dunno why this lonesome little mutt keeps trying so damn hard to impress me, but it's sad and beyond creepy. How many times do people have to tell him he's not wanted before he'll get a little pride and go find somebody who does? If, indeed, any such people exist.

PkrBum

PkrBum

There you have it ^. When left without a valid defensible position get personal. You're an insufferable loser.

Telstar

Telstar

Bad Ideas Fail... Get used to that Result - Page 2 Sam_ho52

Floridatexan and zsomething like this post

PkrBum

PkrBum

Federal appeals court calls Biden vaccine mandate ‘fatally flawed’ and ‘staggeringly overbroad’

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/13/federal-appeals-court-calls-biden-vaccine-mandate-fatally-flawed-and-staggeringly-overbroad-.html

A federal appeals court has called President Joe Biden’s vaccine and testing requirements for private businesses “fatally flawed” and “staggeringly overbroad,” arguing that the requirements likely exceed the authority of the federal government and raise “serious constitutional concerns.”

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, in an opinion issued Friday evening, reaffirmed its decision to press pause on the implementation of the requirements, in another sign that they may not survive judicial scrutiny.

While the court has not yet ruled on the constitutionality of the requirements, the three-judge panel made clear that the lawsuits seeking to overturn the mandates “are likely to succeed on the merits.” They criticized the requirements as “a one-size-fits-all sledgehammer that makes hardly any attempt to account for differences in workplaces (and workers).”

The White House has told businesses to press ahead with implementing the requirements even as the legal drama plays out in the courts. Companies with 100 or more employees have until Jan. 4 to ensure their staff has received the shots required for full vaccination.

Telstar

Telstar

Bad Ideas Fail... Get used to that Result - Page 2 Sam_ho53

Floridatexan likes this post

PkrBum

PkrBum

Finally issuing corrections.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/media-washington-post-steele-dossier/2021/11/12/f7c9b770-43d5-11ec-a88e-2aa4632af69b_story.html

zsomething

PkrBum

PkrBum

The Memo: Trump case could come back to bite Biden

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/581224-the-memo-trump-case-could-come-back-to-bite-biden

This is pretty much what I said. It'll just be another precedent that the leftists will come to regret.

Good luck comrades.

zsomething

Only an authoritarian belly-dragging bootlicker would think that protecting any administration from transparency and accountability to the people would be a bad thing.

Bring it fucking on. If the people I vote for are doing shit to undermine the nation, then I'd want to know about it, same as I do the people I vote against. I don't care about "team sports," I care about integrity in governance and not safeguarding shady behavior. That's where we differ, and why I can't trust conservatives to protect American freedoms.

I'm not a big fan of either side... it's just that, right now, one side is a whooooooooolllllle fucking lot worse than the other. We have one rather half-assed political party, the Dems, and one fanatical totalitarian theocratic cult, the Repubs. I gotta pick one, so I'm going with the one that's still alligned with American values.

Not THIS shit:

PkrBum

PkrBum

I've said repeatedly that I want total transparency in govt. Never wavered on that point. I can however understand why deliberations in a president's council and advisors should be private to allow devil's advocates and counter points of view to be freely used to make informed and tested decisions. You're just regurgitating the latest populist groupthink and somehow convince yourself that you're actually considering an issue. So again... have at it. Set the new precedent. I'll laugh when it's used by someone you're told to hate and all you can do is gnash your teeth. Foolish useful idiot.

Telstar

Telstar

Bad Ideas Fail... Get used to that Result - Page 2 Sam_ho54

PkrBum

PkrBum

Exasperation and dysfunction: Inside Kamala Harris' frustrating start as vice president

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/14/politics/kamala-harris-frustrating-start-vice-president/index.html

(CNN)Worn out by what they see as entrenched dysfunction and lack of focus, key West Wing aides have largely thrown up their hands at Vice President Kamala Harris and her staff -- deciding there simply isn't time to deal with them right now, especially at a moment when President Joe Biden faces quickly multiplying legislative and political concerns.

The exasperation runs both ways. Interviews with nearly three dozen former and current Harris aides, administration officials, Democratic operatives, donors and outside advisers -- who spoke extensively to CNN -- reveal a complex reality inside the White House. Many in the vice president's circle fume that she's not being adequately prepared or positioned, and instead is being sidelined. The vice president herself has told several confidants she feels constrained in what she's able to do politically. And those around her remain wary of even hinting at future political ambitions, with Biden's team highly attuned to signs of disloyalty, particularly from the vice president.

But, with many sources speaking on condition of anonymity to discuss the situation more frankly, they all tell roughly the same story: Harris' staff has repeatedly failed her and left her exposed, and family members have often had an informal say within her office. Even some who have been asked for advice lament Harris' overly cautious tendencies and staff problems, which have been a feature of every office she's held, from San Francisco district attorney to US Senate.

As CNN has previously reported, Harris herself has said she didn't want to be assigned to manage the border, aware that it was a no-win political situation that would only sandbag her in the future. But Biden's team was annoyed that Harris fumbled answers about the border, including when she gave an awkward, laughing response about not visiting it during a spring interview with NBC's Lester Holt.

As some around Harris see it, the White House failed to come to her defense. That was especially galling since they had given her the unpleasant task on her first foreign trip of carrying the administration's harsh "do not come" policy, according to one source familiar with the workings of the office.

The DNC hired a contract consultant in part to help with the Harris portfolio. That has not been going well either, according to people familiar, with Harris' staff usually only reaching out to ask for buffering tweets after problems or negative stories arise, rather than being more proactive. Meanwhile, Flournoy has been turned down by several others who've been unwilling to work in the office, and several people currently on staff have started to reach out to contacts to say they're looking to leave, according to sources who've gotten the calls.

Harris' team has argued over whether she is going too far in subsuming herself to Biden -- a back and forth that dates to the transition, when Harris was pushed to turn over the email list from her campaign and super PAC to the DNC.

This was a good idea, some argued, because it would show Harris being a team player and help raise tens of millions for the DNC. Others pushed back, saying turning over the list would mean losing control of and access to it, which could be debilitating if Harris ends up facing a primary fight for the presidential nomination, as many expect she would. Flournoy ended the dispute in favor of turning it over. They were all on the same team, she said on a phone call with lawyers, explaining the decision.
But months later, that email list still hasn't arrived at the DNC. Harris aides have been told that the transfer has been held up by a complaint about the Biden campaign lodged with the Federal Election Commission.

Sal

Sal

Are you sure you want to promote a VP hit job ... a mere 10 months after the former president's supporters called for the hanging of his VP and chanted for his death while searching for him after sacking the Capitol … and just days after that former president defended it all?

Seems a little tone deaf and stupid, but go for it, rube.

Floridatexan, Telstar and zsomething like this post

PkrBum

PkrBum

Ask Biden. I highly doubt that CNN puts out anything of this nature without the WH reviewing and approving it.

See: Obama admin

Telstar

Telstar

Bad Ideas Fail... Get used to that Result - Page 2 Sam_ho55

PkrBum

PkrBum

"In the new Post-ABC News poll, Biden is down to 41 percent approval and 53 percent disapproval. That’s a record-high disapproval rating for a recent first-year president not named Trump.

Even worse, the poll shows that registered voters prefer Republicans over Democrats in congressional races by 10 points. If the midterm elections were held today, the result would be a GOP landslide. Given how extremist and authoritarian the Republican Party has become (the 13 House Republicans who voted for a bipartisan infrastructure bill are receiving death threats), that is deep cause for concern.

The White House hopes to rally the public by passing the $1.75 trillion Build Back Better Act. But the passage of the infrastructure bill didn’t stop the slide in Biden’s support, and the Build Back Better Act probably won’t either. Recall the wipeout Democrats suffered in 2010 despite the Affordable Care Act and that Republicans suffered in 2018 despite the Trump tax cut. The country at large doesn’t care as much about these big bills as Washington insiders do. Indeed, while voters in the Post-ABC News poll support both the infrastructure and social spending bills, 59 percent also say Biden is expanding government too much.

It is still possible that an improving economy and Republican stumbles will save the president and his party. But I spy three threats ahead that together could doom Democrats.

The first and most worrisome is inflation. Democrats are paying a price for disregarding warnings from former treasury secretary Lawrence H. Summers that the $1.9 trillion stimulus bill that Biden signed in March was too large. Prices rose 6.2 percent in October compared with a year earlier — the biggest annual increase in about 30 years. If inflation keeps rising, the Federal Reserve will be forced to hike interest rates. That could trigger another recession, and that in turn could give Trump a path back to power by promising to Make the Economy Great Again.

Summers tells me that the Biden administration needs to reconsider its “Buy America policies, tariffs, cheering for all wage increases, and its limits on fracking,” all of which “push up prices.” The administration also needs to stop “claiming inflation is transitory, not advocating for a strong dollar, and making social concerns a major issue in the selection of a new Fed chair.”"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/11/16/democrats-are-course-lose-2022-2024-if-they-do-we-may-lose-our-democracy/

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:Ask Biden. I highly doubt that CNN puts out anything of this nature without the WH reviewing and approving it.

To which CNN do your refer?

The CNN that ran footage of the one day of chaos at the Kabul airport on continuous loop 24/7 for weeks? …

… or the CNN that is running several stories per hour on “Out of Control Inflation” as a problem that’s Biden’s fault, when in fact the inflation we’re seeing is the result of global supply chain complexities exacerbated by surging demand created by our booming recovery? …

… or the CNN that is currently in the midst of an inexplicable Chris Christie rehabilitation blitz?

Does that sound like a network whose messaging is controlled by the Biden WH??

Gawd, you may be the biggest rube in the history of this planet.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Sal wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Ask Biden. I highly doubt that CNN puts out anything of this nature without the WH reviewing and approving it.

To which CNN do your refer?

The CNN that ran footage of the one day of chaos at the Kabul airport on continuous loop 24/7 for weeks? …

… or the CNN that is running several stories per hour on “Out of Control Inflation” as a problem that’s Biden’s fault, when in fact the inflation we’re seeing is the result of global supply chain complexities exacerbated by surging demand created by our booming recovery? …

… or the CNN that is currently in the midst of an inexplicable Chris Christie rehabilitation blitz?

Does that sound like a network whose messaging is controlled by the Biden WH??

Gawd, you may be the biggest rube in the history of this planet.

While you can only see what you're told on DNC message. If a pub were president you'd be connecting imaginary dots gleaned from the leftist media. But when they start detailing facts and the obvious conclusions your head explodes. Get used to it. The dem media machine is in desperation mode because their models as leftist mouthpieces were driving them into bankruptcy. So they're being forced to be fair and objective... oh the horror.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/16/opinion/biden-inflation-spending-manchin.html

Telstar

Telstar

Bad Ideas Fail... Get used to that Result - Page 2 Sam_ho56

Sal

Sal

Could you spin any faster, rube?

First it’s;

PkrBum wrote: I highly doubt that CNN puts out anything of this nature without the WH reviewing and approving it.

Then it’s;
PkrBum wrote:
But when they start detailing facts and the obvious conclusions your head explodes. Get used to it. The dem media machine is in desperation mode because their models as leftist mouthpieces were driving them into bankruptcy. So they're being forced to be fair and objective

It can’t be both, douchebag.

And, here’s a real news flash for you …

CNN is driven be ratings and profit.

MSNBC is driven by ratings and profit.

Fox News is driven be ratings and profit.

Fox is the most profitable only because they appeal to the largest pool of rubes …

… like you.

gatorfan

Sal wrote:Could you spin any faster, rube?

First it’s;

PkrBum wrote: I highly doubt that CNN puts out anything of this nature without the WH reviewing and approving it.

Then it’s;
PkrBum wrote:
But when they start detailing facts and the obvious conclusions your head explodes. Get used to it. The dem media machine is in desperation mode because their models as leftist mouthpieces were driving them into bankruptcy. So they're being forced to be fair and objective

It can’t be both, douchebag.

And, here’s a real news flash for you …

CNN is driven be ratings and profit.

MSNBC is driven by ratings and profit.

Fox News is driven be ratings and profit.

Fox is the most profitable only because they appeal to the largest pool of rubes …

… like you.

Oh you're so smart! You non-binary liberals get your "news" from reddit and other bulletin boards like Quora. But it all must be true because it's on the "internets!" So contemporary. Yawn. Sally, you're a legend in your own tiny, tiny closed mind.

Sal

Sal

gatorfan wrote:
Oh you're so smart! You non-binary liberals get your "news" from reddit and other bulletin boards like Quora. But it all must be true because it's on the "internets!" So contemporary. Yawn. Sally, you're a legend in your own tiny, tiny closed mind.

Well, that was certainly a lot of words all strung together!

You’re a winner!

Bless your heart.

Bad Ideas Fail... Get used to that Result - Page 2 308f8610

Floridatexan, Telstar, RealLindaL and zsomething like this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum