Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Donald Trump Needs to Go. And No, We Can’t Wait Until November

+4
zsomething
RealLindaL
PkrBum
Floridatexan
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Published on
Tuesday, June 02, 2020
byThe Philadelphia Inquirer

The president of the United States declared war on America on Monday night.

by Will Bunch

Donald Trump Needs to Go. And No, We Can’t Wait Until November Removetrump

The moment we’ve been dreading since that escalator ride down Trump Tower five years ago this month — that’s been slowly building brick by brick as Donald Trump tore down the rule of law, abused the presidency to enrich himself, and grabbed the bully pulpit of the White House to divide America with racism, sexism and xenophobia — finally came at 6:45 p.m. as the sun sank over Washington on the night of June 1, 2020.

Backed into a corner after his incompetence and distrust in science was trampled by a virus that’s killed 105,000 Americans, compounded by 40 million unemployed, and now massive, chaotic protests over the police brutality and racism that he has nurtured instead of combating, the president of the United States declared war on the American people.

Speaking from the Rose Garden as a flash-bang grenade deployed against peaceful protesters echoed from across the street, Trump sounded almost like a satire of a tinhorn dictator as he vowed to “dominate the streets” while invoking an ancient law, the Insurrection Act of 1807, and threatening to use the U.S. military to end the nationwide protests and growing unrest over the killing of an unarmed 46-year-old black man, George Floyd, at the hands of four Minneapolis cops.

“Did you see that?” a protester, his face covered in a red mask, screamed as he ran past a CNN camera crew, fleeing the projectiles and the gas. “Like we’re nothing!” It was an obviously staged moment, a reality-TV president unleashing all-too-real-life violence against American citizens who were peacefully exercising their First Amendment right to protest — all for the purpose of creating what he thought was the perfect photo op.

Indeed, the shocking military action to clear the streets allowed the president — who hasn’t been near a church in weeks, and who hasn’t reached out to console any family devastated by the coronavirus — to walk across the street to partially fire-damaged St. John’s Episcopal Church. There, he awkwardly held a Bible aloft, which only served as a reminder of the famous quote of unknown provenance that when fascism finally comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. (The Episcopal bishop of D.C. said Trump never sought permission and that she was “outraged” by the photo op and the tear gas that enabled it.)

It was hard to say what was worse about Trump’s brief speech to the nation, one that practically no one had asked him to give. It could have been one particularly odd thing he said — that he would “protect the rights of law-abiding Americans, including your Second Amendment rights.” It seemed not so much a dog whistle as a siren blast to the president’s locked-and-loaded supporters, including the heavily armed “Boogaloo Bois,” to enter the fray on the combative streets.

But arguably much worse were all of the things that the 45th president of the United States didn’t say to the American people — things that we know Donald Trump lacks the emotional intelligence or stability to say. That he understands the pain of the protesters isn’t only about the last minutes of George Floyd’s life but also the last 401 years of American racism. That the government will listen to the people’s grievances rather than drown them out with flash-bangs. That their president wants America to heal, not tear it violently in two as convoys of troops roll down our cities’ streets.

“We are teetering on the brink of dictatorship,” CNN commentator Don Lemon said, as alarmed pundits struggled to find the words for a 244-year American Experiment staring into the abyss. But frankly there were too many moments Monday when it felt like we were already over that edge. It was not just in increasingly occupied Washington, but right here in the city where it all began, Philadelphia, as police fired tear gas and shot rubber bullets at hundreds of people engaged in nonviolent civil disobedience by blocking I-676. As these police-state tactics escalate, the social fabric of the country is getting ripped to shreds.

Donald Trump needs to go, and we can’t wait until even November 3, let alone January 20, 2021. In a perfect world, leaders of the Republican Party who were statesmen like Hugh Scott or Barry Goldwater and not autocratic toadies like Mitch McConnell would come down Capitol Hill and demand his resignation. But this is not a perfect world, and regular people like you and me are going to have to fight to save this country and our democracy.

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/06/02/donald-trump-needs-go-and-no-we-cant-wait-until-november?cd-origin=rss&utm_term=AO&utm_campaign=Daily%20Newsletter&utm_content=email&utm_source=Daily%20Newsletter&utm_medium=Email

PkrBum

PkrBum

Lol... Soros drivel.

RealLindaL

Absolute, incontrovertible truth, seen as drivel only by the blind, who can't see at all.

Floridatexan likes this post

PkrBum

PkrBum

Lol... this from a person that can't figure out that the Russian collusion probe was false even after the key players flat admit it. But you can't. That's not normal thinking.

zsomething

The obsession with Soros is such a weird thing to me. I don't know if conservatives are so unhinged about him because he's ((((Jewish)))) and that pings their inner-Nazi, or if it's just because he has money and doesn't agree with them, or what. But I hang out on a lotta political sites, both mixed and Democratic, and I can't recall ever seeing any left-leaning people who follow Soros at all. Most of 'em don't even know who he is, other than he's somebody the right seems to be obsessed with. I have never paid the least bit of attention to the guy... but because I dislike Trump and his ilk, I'm apparently getting marching orders from the dude, paid off by him, etc. In all honesty, I couldn't give a fuck about George Soros one way or the other. He's not a factor in anything I do. Neither is Saul Alinsky, another Jewish guy that conservatives think controls all of us, and who I have seldom run into a liberal who's read.

Maybe it's because conservatives tend to be very hive-minded and all seem to get their ideas from the same source, they assume that the left are the same way. But the left have never been like that. That's why "liberal talk radio" isn't a thing in any real way, and why "liberal-slanted news" doesn't get higher ratings, and why half of us consider the other to be drippy-unrealistic-Bernie-Bros while the other half are corporate-establishment-sell-outs or whatever. Since conservatives tend to not think for themselves very much (they're raised in church not to -- from a very early age they abdicate a lot of their thinking to an authority figure), they assume liberals are the same way... and they really aren't. We'd probably win a hell of a lot more elections if we were, but... eh.

Meanwhile, conservatives completely ignore Rupert Murdoch, who's at least a counterpart to Soros. And Soros doesn't run a TV propaganda network...

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:Lol... this from a person that can't figure out that the Russian collusion probe was false even after the key players flat admit it. But you can't. That's not normal thinking.

They admitted no such thing and you have no earthly idea what I can figure out and what I can't. What in heaven's name are you drinking??? Never mind, I already know: You're swallowing whole all the right wing propaganda that insists on conveniently ignoring the fact that not being able to prove something at the level required for indictment or impeachment does not in the slightest indicate that nothing untoward was afoot that merited investigation.

Appallingly pitiful people like you would be positively frightening if it weren't so patently obvious that you're simply and deeply ignorant.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Just wow... i hope you never sit on a jury. See: #ObamaGate

I just reposted each and every quote made under oath. Wake up.

PkrBum

PkrBum

zsomething wrote:The obsession with Soros is such a weird thing to me.

What's not to like? He's an egomaniacal megalomaniac that wants a leftist global governance... but he's your egomaniacal megalomaniac.

zsomething

Y'all, I'm seriously starting to wonder if we need to get this guy's family to intervene for him or something. He's getting more frantic, wound-up, and irrational day by day, posting cherry-picked things that don't mean what he thinks they mean and getting frustrated that his weird fantasies aren't convincing the rest of the world, etc. If he has any contact with reality at all, it's the way a basketball has contact with the ground: on one tiny percentage of it's surface area, and even that is bouncing like crazy. He's like a rat wearing its teeth to nubs trying to eat its cage, and seems to need us to watch. It was funny at first but now it's getting kinda disturbing.

I honestly don't care in the least what he does to himself, but anybody around him got someone irrational to deal with.

RealLindaL

Like I said about him, z: appallingly pitiful, and ignorant to boot. Hard to even believe this is a real human being.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Yet who's so triggered that they're still calling for "OUT BY SEPTEMBER '17"... as if it's plausible... this time. It's laughable is what it is.

Exactly how many times can your head explode in 4 years?

At some point don't you wonder why you're wrong everytime?

zsomething

RealLindaL wrote:Like I said about him, z:  appallingly pitiful, and ignorant to boot.  Hard to even believe this is a real human being.

He's not a real human being. He's some bad right-wing artist's dumbest editorial cartoon that wished it could become a "real boy."

I don't know what the people in his life did to deserve him, but they must've clubbed a nun to death in a past life or somethin'. He's like a rash that makes noise.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Attorney General William P. Barr, FBI Director Christopher Wray, U.S. Marshals Director Donald W. Washington, BOP Director Michael Carvajal, ATF Acting Director Regina Lombardo, and DEA Acting Administrator Timothy Shea will hold a virtual press conference at the Department of Justice

Start time 12:30pm ET

Justice.gov/live

PkrBum

PkrBum

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I smell desperation. Biden sounded fine on that tape. Only someone looking for flaws would think otherwise. He sounds even better here:

Biden: If Trump opened the Bible, he'd learn something

Jun 2, 2020 Updated 1 min ago

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

zsomething

One major problem with Trump is, he wants, more than anything, to be seen as a "tough guy." He's not. He's not even close. He's a pampered, rather sissified out-of-shape coward who has trouble getting up a flight of stairs. he has no frickin' clue what a "tough guy" actually is. It's like Sonny Barger of the Hells' Angels MC said, "Everybody's a tough guy, until you meet one."

What's so dangerous about a weak man who wants to be a tough guy is they'll do anything to posture. They're insecure. A really "tough guy" never has to prove he's one, while a weak man never stops.

And Trump's side is full of these posturing idiots. They want to "dominate the streets" and Trump and his cadre of jerk-offs (I'm looking at you, Tom Cotton, but not too closely 'cuz you're fuckin' uuuuuuughhh-ly, dude) is insisting on it. As long as the protesters are non-violent, then any force used puts Trump's bully-boys on the losing end. They don't understand this "conflict." Seriously, armed troops against American young people? The first shot those troops fire, they'll LOSE. Lose big time. I know Trumpians aren't much on reading, but maybe they should seek out a history lesson on Kent State sometime, see how that went for 'em.

They scorn the troops who are kneeling in the street with the protesters, because this party of non-tough-guys-who-wanna-be-seen-as-tough think that's "weak." It's actually the best tactic for solving this problem. And that should be the goal -- solving the problem, not escalating it.

Trump's tactics are the worst ones he could use in this situation. And the thing is, they're not even helping him. He's terrified of being seen as a cowardly, quivering "bunker boy," but he's just put a big fence up around the White House 'cuz he's a goddamned chickenshit. All his armed resistance and hired mercenaries aren't enough to make him feel safe against a bunch of kids. I think he knows he won't get physically harmed, but I think he's just as afraid of even being yelled at or having to respond to questions.

MAGA. Red hat and a yellow streak.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Let’s be sure EVERYONE gets a chance to absorb this important quote:

“This is an awful man, waving a book he hasn’t read, in front of a church he doesn’t attend, invoking laws he doesn’t understand, against fellow Americans he sees as enemies, wielding a military he dodged serving, to protect power he gained via accepting foreign interference, exploiting fear and anger he loves to stoke, after failing to address a pandemic he was warned about, and building it all on a bed of constant lies and childish inanity.”

-- Robert Hendrickson, Rector at St. Philip’s Episcopal Church in Tucson, Arizona

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

From FB:

THIS WAS ON A FRIEND’S PAGE: An anguished question from a Trump supporter: ‘Why do liberals think Trump supporters are stupid?’

THE SERIOUS ANSWER: Here’s what the majority of anti-Trump voters honestly feel about Trump supporters en masse:

That when you saw a man who had owned a fraudulent University, intent on scamming poor people, you thought "Fine." (https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/04/10/trump-university-settlement-judge-finalized/502387002/)
That when you saw a man who had made it his business practice to stiff his creditors, you said, "Okay." (https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-hotel-paid-millions-in-fines-for-unpaid-work)
That when you heard him proudly brag about his own history of sexual abuse, you said, "No problem." (https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/list-trumps-accusers-allegations-sexual-misconduct/story?id=51956410)
That when he made up stories about seeing Muslim-Americans in the thousands cheering the destruction of the World Trade Center, you said, "Not an issue." (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2015/11/22/donald-trumps-outrageous-claim-that-thousands-of-new-jersey-muslims-celebrated-the-911-attacks/)
That when you saw him brag that he could shoot a man on Fifth Avenue and you wouldn't care, you exclaimed, "He sure knows me." (https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/10/23/president-donald-trump-could-shoot-someone-without-prosecution/4073405002/)
That when you heard him relating a story of an elderly guest of his country club, an 80-year old man, who fell off a stage and hit his head, to Trump replied: “‘Oh my God, that’s disgusting,’ and I turned away. I couldn’t—you know, he was right in front of me, and I turned away. I didn’t want to touch him. He was bleeding all over the place. And I felt terrible, because it was a beautiful white marble floor, and now it had changed color. Became very red.” You said, "That's cool!" (https://www.gq.com/story/donald-trump-howard-stern-story)
That when you saw him mock the disabled, you thought it was the funniest thing you ever saw. (https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/donald-trump-criticized-after-he-appears-mock-reporter-serge-kovaleski-n470016)
That when you heard him brag that he doesn't read books, you said, "Well, who has time?" (https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/01/americas-first-post-text-president/549794/)
That when the Central Park Five were compensated as innocent men convicted of a crime they didn't commit, and he angrily said that they should still be in prison, you said, "That makes sense." (https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/06/19/what-trump-has-said-central-park-five/1501321001/)
That when you heard him tell his supporters to beat up protesters and that he would hire attorneys, you thought, "Yes!" (https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-trump-campaign-protests-20160313-story.html)
That when you heard him tell one rally to confiscate a man's coat before throwing him out into the freezing cold, you said, "What a great guy!" (https://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/donald-trump-orders-protesters-coat-is-confiscated-and-he-is-sent-into-the-cold-a6802756.html)
That you have watched the parade of neo-Nazis and white supremacists with whom he curries favor, while refusing to condemn outright Nazis, and you have said, "Thumbs up!" (https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/08/why-cant-trump-just-condemn-nazis/567320/)
That you hear him unable to talk to foreign dignitaries without insulting their countries and demanding that they praise his electoral win, you said, "That's the way I want my President to be." (https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-insult-foreign-countries-leaders_n_59dd2769e4b0b26332e76d57)
That you have watched him remove expertise from all layers of government in favor of people who make money off of eliminating protections in the industries they're supposed to be regulating and you have said, "What a genius!" (https://www.politico.com/agenda/story/2017/12/29/138-trump-policy-changes-2017-000603)
That you have heard him continue to profit from his businesses, in part by leveraging his position as President, to the point of overcharging the Secret Service for space in the properties he owns, and you have said, "That's smart!" (https://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2018-03-05/how-is-donald-trump-profiting-from-the-presidency-let-us-count-the-ways)
That you have heard him say that it was difficult to help Puerto Rico because it was in the middle of water and you have said, "That makes sense." (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/09/26/the-very-big-ocean-between-here-and-puerto-rico-is-not-a-perfect-excuse-for-a-lack-of-aid/)
That you have seen him start fights with every country from Canada to New Zealand while praising Russia and quote, "falling in love" with the dictator of North Korea, and you have said, "That's statesmanship!" (https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/02/politics/donald-trump-dictators-kim-jong-un-vladimir-putin/index.html)
That Trump separated children from their families and put them in cages, managed to lose track of 1500 kids, has opened a tent city incarceration camp in the desert in Texas - he explains that they’re just “animals” - and you say, “Well, OK then.” (https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/more-5-400-children-split-border-according-new-count-n1071791)
That you have witnessed all the thousand and one other manifestations of corruption and low moral character and outright animalistic rudeness and contempt for you, the working American voter, and you still show up grinning and wearing your MAGA hats and threatening to beat up anybody who says otherwise. (https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/democracy/reports/2018/06/04/451570/confronting-cost-trumps-corruption-american-families/)
What you don't get, Trump supporters, is that our succumbing to frustration and shaking our heads, thinking of you as stupid, may very well be wrong and unhelpful, but it's also...hear me...charitable.

Because if you're NOT stupid, we must turn to other explanations, and most of them are less flattering.

- Adam-Troy Castro

(To all who agree with its content, I ask that you PLEASE SHARE IT on your own post, and ENCOURAGE OTHERS to do the same.)

PkrBum

PkrBum

It's hard to imagine the arrogance and audacity required to substitute your subjective answer for someone else's opinion and then pretend superiority. It's along the same faulty reasoning that you can count on someone's vote based upon their skin color: "you ain't black". I'm not sure where that comes from. Egomania? Conditioning? Mental illness? It's not normal thinking is all that's perfectly clear.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum

PkrBum

zsomething

Gee, Joe Biden doesn't talk fast enough on 15-second snatches of cherry-picked soundbites.

So instead I'm gonna forget everything I learned by living through the past three and a half years of the most miserable performance-in-office ever and try to re-elect the bigoted Nazi con-man who sucks up to Russia, North Korea, and America's other enemies while treating its friends like shit, wrecks America's trade partnerships, lets pandemics get a foothold and kill 110,000 people (and counting, and increasing) because he childishly thinks you can "wish" things away, gasses his own people so he can pander to "Christians" who should be insulted by how easily-led he thinks they are, declares people fighting fascism to be "enemies" while saying Nazis are "very fine people," tries to eradicate actual journalism so he can set up dictatorish propaganda networks instead, gives out $2 TRILLION dollars to companies without revealing who they are so we know where our money's going, set people against each other at every opportunity, and has emboldened a base made up entirely of absolute garbage who should, frankly, all go fucking kill themselves the way all other cults do.

Yeah, I'm totally gonna jump ship because "uh-oh, maybe Biden's not perfect."

Laughing

I wish the opposition would finally figure out that the rest of us aren't as fucking stupid as they are. Really, if that's the best case you shmucks have, then you don't have a case. You have nothing. You're a fool. You're a clown in a circus gone dark. You could quadruple everything you have and you still wouldn't have one ten-thousandth of what you'd need. You're a joke you aren't smart enough or honest enough to be in on. Look at the cards you're holding, despair, fucking fold and leave the table with an apology for making anyone ever suffer your presence in the first place, you sad shit-with-a-silly-mustache.

PkrBum

PkrBum

It's mental illness to continually assign your subjective attributes to people that you wish to malign for political convenience. He's not a nazi.. he didn't gas anyone... it's a fucking virus... and "fine people" is mischaracterized laughably. You're not doing well. I almost feel sorry for you... it appears that you've adopted the dnc narrative as a voice in your head. You're an easy comrade.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:It's mental illness to continually assign your subjective attributes to people that you wish to malign for political convenience. He's not a nazi..  he didn't gas anyone... it's a fucking virus... and  "fine people" is mischaracterized laughably. You're not doing well. I almost feel sorry for you... it appears that you've adopted the dnc narrative as a voice in your head. You're an easy comrade.

So says the "good German". You're an idiot.

Telstar likes this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum