Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump administration considering "sending checks to Americans immediately," Mnuchin says

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Shades of Andrew Yang! I do not know what advice Donny got that led him to this idea. I think somehow his head exploded and somebody put it back together. This so goes against the GOP's usual stance of trickle down, giving more money to those who already have more than enough, tax breaks for corporations, etc. & etc. It may be the only thing available to ward off public riots? Food lines as were seen in the Great Depression? be another indelible blot against the administration?

This is the most non-Republican idea ever, which just goes to show you how serious the pandemic must be. Yesterday, when Trump did his press briefing with all the health experts standing by, was the first time since he's been in office that I had the feeling that he was actually on the same planet as the rest of us. He's usually out there in some fiction of his imagining and so very off kilter that it was a remarkable moment. I understand it didn't last long but it was a novel experience.  

Washington — President Trump announced he and Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin are working on a "big" and "bold" legislative package to address the coronavirus crisis. That includes "looking at sending checks to Americans immediately," Mnuchin announced during a White House Coronavirus Task Force briefing Tuesday morning.

Mnuchin said the goal would be to get checks to Americans in two weeks to help workers cope with the economic effects of the crisis. The president wouldn't say exactly how much those checks might be — Republican Senators Tom Cotton and Mitt Romney have suggested $1,000 per adult.

"We're going big," the president told reporters in the White House Briefing Room.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-update-trump-administration-sending-checks-americans-immediately-mnuchin/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum