Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

time is getting short

+8
EmeraldGhost
Vikingwoman
knothead
Telstar
Floridatexan
Joanimaroni
zsomething
PkrBum
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Go down  Message [Page 30 of 33]

726time is getting short - Page 30 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/10/2019, 8:57 am

2seaoat

granddaughter played terrible as she was not focused and they were the only undefeated team, but she was completely off on her game and they loss, which she did not have a problem which in fourth grade is the right attitude. My wife's birthday turned into a disaster. I told her I was not feeling well and would like to go home, but it was her birthday so she reserved a hotel. It was a disaster because I cannot get out of bed and we will stick to the hotel one more night hoping my walking will improve. What a painful day knowing she wanted to celbrate her birthday, and I finally asked her to leave the hotel room and go to my daughters to spend time with some people and that I would be fine. I slept for eight hours. My typing is weak and I am still completely out of itl not good for anybody.

727time is getting short - Page 30 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/10/2019, 12:33 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sorry you feel so bad, hope for better days this week.

The game, part of it is losing. Win or lose I still love the game. Watched my two granddaughters and my daughter’s team with pride. They played for the Championship. They lost but there game was flawless. They lost 42- 34 against a team that had 4 players we have never played or even seen before. Their 4 really tall players were ringers with an awesome fast break and quite a few great blocks. Our girls adjusted and played exceptionally well. So proud of their stamina!

728time is getting short - Page 30 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/10/2019, 2:24 pm

RealLindaL

Ohhhh, Seaoat, so sorry about the birthday fiasco, but hope you aren't beating yourself up about it.   It's not anyone's fault; it's just the lousy cards you're being dealt.  Surely Mrs. Sea understands that, even if she felt a little disappointed.

As for not being any good to anybody - definitely not true!!  You're still good with those many of us who care, and allowing us to be here for you on the forum -- no matter to how small an extent -- continues to be our privilege.

I'm glad you got some sleep, and will hope you're more mobile a little later.  Let us know how it goes and whether or not you head home tomorrow.   Just take good care of our Seaoat.    Smile

729time is getting short - Page 30 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/10/2019, 9:24 pm

2seaoat

we will share a pork chop and glass 0f wie,,,,,,,,having trouble typing.

730time is getting short - Page 30 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/11/2019, 2:33 am

RealLindaL

Hoping for a brighter Monday for you, now that you've hopefully shared a pork chop and a glass of wine. Smile

Goodnight,
LL

731time is getting short - Page 30 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/11/2019, 8:12 pm

knothead

knothead

Mr. Oats, I so wish I could type words that would serve to soothe the pain you are now enduring. Not a unique emotion but sincerely stated nonetheless. All your forum friends care so much and try to connect with you with hopes giving you a reason to smile and hence ease your pain.

732time is getting short - Page 30 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/12/2019, 12:09 am

RealLindaL

Well said, knot.

733time is getting short - Page 30 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/14/2019, 1:37 am

RealLindaL

Seaoat, could you please check in with a word or two if you're able?

734time is getting short - Page 30 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/14/2019, 3:54 am

2seaoat

DOC VISIT OVER....NOTHING THEY CAN DO. INSURE SUPPLEMENT IS ABOUT AS GOOD AS IT GETS, WE HAVE HAD A FEAST ON OYSTERS, PRIME RIB SLIDERS, LAMB TEAR DROPS, AND DELICIOUS SOUPS. WE ARE ENJOYING DOWNTOWN AND THE INCREDIBLE FOOD. PAIN BETTER CONTROLLED.

735time is getting short - Page 30 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/14/2019, 6:45 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I am glad your pain is being controlled better. Enjoy all the incredible food, it sounds pretty good, I had a craving for fried oysters and we picked up a pint of oysters from Joe Patti’s. I fried them in gluten free fish fry mix and served with a pound of steamed spicy shrimp. The oysters were almost flavorless. Very disappointing. Wish I could order some fried oysters from Peg Leg’s. Oh well.

Leaving for Houston on Sunday for my friend’s follow-up scan and appointment. Hoping for a good outcome. The Rotary House hotel at MD Anderson is full this time so we will be staying off campus. Yuk!

Ice cream in the supplement.

736time is getting short - Page 30 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/14/2019, 11:08 am

knothead

knothead

Wish I could order some fried oysters from Peg Leg’s.

Lordy lordy (as my mother used to say) but I so wish I too could drop by Peg Leg's for couple dozen and couple beers . . . . I shall return ASAP!

737time is getting short - Page 30 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/14/2019, 11:18 am

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:DOC VISIT OVER....NOTHING THEY CAN DO.  INSURE SUPPLEMENT IS ABOUT AS GOOD AS IT GETS, WE HAVE HAD A FEAST ON OYSTERS, PRIME RIB SLIDERS, LAMB TEAR DROPS, AND DELICIOUS SOUPS.  WE ARE ENJOYING DOWNTOWN AND THE INCREDIBLE FOOD.  PAIN BETTER CONTROLLED.

Mr. Oats, my Vandy team recommended INSURE to me as well and at my wife's insistence that's the first thing I reach for every morning, I really think I have benefited from using it. Also, very pleased to read your pain is being better controlled . . . . . fantastic!!

738time is getting short - Page 30 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/15/2019, 3:10 am

RealLindaL

THANKS for making the effort to check in, Sea.  I know we all wish there were "something they could do," but you've been pretty realistic with us for some time now.

That said, it's good to hear that you're still managing to enjoy some of life's special pleasures, and with less pain.

Please continue to drop a note here and there when you can.  We're pretty much hanging on your every word at this point.

739time is getting short - Page 30 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/16/2019, 1:32 am

RealLindaL

P.S. How come you guys insist on spelling Ensure with an "I"? Just wondering while stopping in to see if there were any more posts from Seaoat.

740time is getting short - Page 30 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/16/2019, 10:21 am

knothead

knothead

RealLindaL wrote:P.S.  How come you guys insist on spelling Ensure with an "I"?   Just wondering while stopping in to see if there were any more posts from Seaoat.

Wish I had a rational response . . .. just went to our fridge to check it out but she bought Boost because it has 14 grams of protein. I always have prided myself a tad on being able to spell correctly and I know you are the same Linda, In fact, I would guess you sat in the front row of your English classes and composition . . . .
So I wish I had an answer but perhaps the answer is I misspelled a proper name but I'll be curious to know whether it is an "i" or an "e"! sunny

741time is getting short - Page 30 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/16/2019, 12:34 pm

RealLindaL

knothead wrote:I'll be curious to know whether it is an "i" or an "e"!  sunny

Glad to oblige, kind sir:

https://ensure.com/

742time is getting short - Page 30 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/18/2019, 10:04 am

2seaoat

Granddaughter's bb team won the tournament and she made the last four points of the game. It is amazing to see genetics take over. She can out run all the other girls and rebounds and beats everybody down to the basket and was winging the ball. I simply called her over and told her to slow down when she won the race to the basket, because the race ends when the ball goes through the hoop.......listened.....dominated.

743time is getting short - Page 30 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/18/2019, 11:48 am

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:Granddaughter's bb team won the tournament and she made the last four points of the game.  It is amazing to see genetics take over.  She can out run all the other girls and rebounds and beats everybody down to the basket and was winging the ball.  I simply called  her over and told her to slow down when she won the race to the basket, because the race ends when the ball goes through the hoop.......listened.....dominated.

Nice story Mr. Oats . . . . . . my youngest GD played BB . . . . she was about 7 or 8, she was obsessed with playing defense . . . . so much so that the person who was guarding her when THEY had the ball would be guarded intensely even though they DID NOT have the ball . . . . . it was so funny, her Dad told her later "Honey when your team has the ball the objective is shooting and scoring but you shouldn't guard the other team until they have the ball!" It was hilarious!!!

744time is getting short - Page 30 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/18/2019, 4:55 pm

RealLindaL

TOO funny, knot!

Sea, good to see you posting without apparent difficulty today.

Good BB stories from both - thanks!

745time is getting short - Page 30 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/18/2019, 5:28 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Granddaughter's bb team won the tournament and she made the last four points of the game.  It is amazing to see genetics take over.  She can out run all the other girls and rebounds and beats everybody down to the basket and was winging the ball.  I simply called  her over and told her to slow down when she won the race to the basket, because the race ends when the ball goes through the hoop.......listened.....dominated.

You must be so proud!

746time is getting short - Page 30 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/18/2019, 6:27 pm

2seaoat

good day on pain management. We are going to try traditional Irish dinner, I think I can get the corn beef down. The very bad news is my weight is 149. twice could not get off toilet. Had to wait and rest and give it one hundred percent. I am floating today. People have contacted Mrs. Seaoat about my granddaughter won the basketball game and plays like my daughter.......floating with pride. Such beauty, intelligence, and athletic talent and I was given an opportunity to live long enough to see this.......I just do not get it the docs, the literature, and I believe I should be dead. there is a photo of all the little girls smiling.....that is good coaching......win or lose....nah......smiles.....everything.

747time is getting short - Page 30 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/19/2019, 2:28 am

RealLindaL

Sweet, Sea.

Maybe you should be dead, but if habitually pure perseverance could keep someone alive longer than most, that would be yours to claim.

Hope the corned beef agrees with you. We had the leftovers tonight.

Sleep well.

748time is getting short - Page 30 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/22/2019, 11:13 am

RealLindaL

Speaking of time's being short, and further to that recent conversation about your being of no use to anyone (balderdash, Sea!), I don't think I've ever done this with you before, but -- not to get mushy but just to put a little more emphasis on how much you mean to all of us -- here's a really huge hug for you.  Fortunately, being in cyberspace, you're free to enjoy it or destroy it, but here ya go:

{{{{{{{{{{{{SEAOAT}}}}}}}}}}}}}

So don't say I never showed you any affection.     Smile

749time is getting short - Page 30 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/22/2019, 4:42 pm

2seaoat

I am sleeping about 17 hours a day. One of these days I will softly slip away.I appreciate the forum, but it is so hard to type.

750time is getting short - Page 30 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/22/2019, 5:32 pm

RealLindaL

OK Sea, understood. Will you please ask Mrs. Sea that, if/when you do "softly slip away," {{sniff}}, she please try to post just one sentence to let us know, as soon as she can find a moment, even if she won't be able to do any more than that for some time as you previously advised?

(Sorry for that long, convoluted question. A simple one word response - hopefully "Yes" -- will be appreciated.)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 30 of 33]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum