Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

time is getting short

+8
EmeraldGhost
Vikingwoman
knothead
Telstar
Floridatexan
Joanimaroni
zsomething
PkrBum
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Go down  Message [Page 32 of 33]

776time is getting short - Page 32 Empty Re: time is getting short 4/7/2019, 1:39 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Good to hear from you. Absorb all the love from your grandkids.

777time is getting short - Page 32 Empty Re: time is getting short 4/7/2019, 4:52 pm

RealLindaL

Sea, please don't be sorry for sharing any of this.  It's been our distinct privilege to remain by your side throughout the journey, even if only figuratively.  

We've learned so much - not only about your cancer and the entire process, but about YOU - a very special, immensely strong individual (OK, even if you were sometimes annoying as hell and loved it.  Wink ).

I, too, am very grateful that your fingers worked, for all the time they worked.  And if they work for yet another message, all the better.

But whatever transpires, here's hoping you go in peace and know that your memory will not fade here.  

Tearfully,
Linda

778time is getting short - Page 32 Empty Re: time is getting short 4/7/2019, 5:59 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Very well stated, Linda.

779time is getting short - Page 32 Empty Re: time is getting short 4/7/2019, 9:33 pm

2seaoat

gained five pounds but my stomach splits at the belly button when I eat soI have to back off the intake. Quality of life is marginal and mrs. seaoat is worn out. I am sleeping long hours. we see the doc on wed.

780time is getting short - Page 32 Empty Re: time is getting short 4/8/2019, 12:17 am

RealLindaL

See the doc?  Surely you don't mean you're traveling to Northwestern....? Maybe a local hospice doc?

781time is getting short - Page 32 Empty Re: time is getting short 4/8/2019, 1:40 am

2seaoat

monthly sando shot and dr appointment. Walk about ten paces to the car where I slide into the car where I am most comfortable. When we get to nw she assembles the power wheelchair and brings it up to the passenger side. She pulls one shoulder and I raise to my feet and get in the cart. I then drive to my labs with the powerwheel chair, get my shots and then meet with the oncologist. The shots are still helping, and I have agreed to another blood test just to get the hormine.levels. Its April.......they have not explanation on why I am sill alive other than PRRT we will spend the night at the hotel to allow me to rest after the procedures.

782time is getting short - Page 32 Empty Re: time is getting short 4/8/2019, 2:14 am

RealLindaL

Very interesting, and thanks for the detail, Sea. I guess I was under the impression you were on your final deathbed, but it's a genuine relief to hear you're still in the game! So I'll recross my fingers and toes and hope things go well Wednesday. Please don't forget to come back and let us know, if you can.

Am going to sign off and shut down now since, besides needing some sleep, we have a line of heavy thunderstorms heading in from the west, presently over Mobile Bay. More storms are predicted all day Monday, which doesn't make us happy as we have to head into Pensacola after lunch to pick up my husband's new (and ridiculously expensive) hearing aids. If it looks too dangerous we'll just have to scrub.

All problems look small next to yours.

Sleep well and goodnight,
LL

783time is getting short - Page 32 Empty Re: time is getting short 4/8/2019, 11:55 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Hoping for continued success with the shots.

784time is getting short - Page 32 Empty Re: time is getting short 4/8/2019, 2:10 pm

knothead

knothead

RealLindaL wrote:Very interesting, and thanks for the detail, Sea.  I guess I was under the impression you were on your final deathbed, but it's a genuine relief to hear you're still in the game!  So I'll recross my fingers and toes and hope things go well Wednesday.   Please don't forget to come back and let us know, if you can.

Am going to sign off and shut down now since, besides needing some sleep, we have a line of heavy thunderstorms heading in from the west, presently over Mobile Bay.  More storms are predicted all day Monday, which doesn't make us happy as we have to head into Pensacola after lunch to pick up my husband's new (and ridiculously expensive) hearing aids.   If it looks too dangerous we'll just have to scrub.  

All problems look small next to yours.

Sleep well and goodnight,
LL

Well said LL

785time is getting short - Page 32 Empty Re: time is getting short 4/11/2019, 11:08 am

2seaoat

dr appointment went better that expected. It is my A liver function number which is going to kill me. So I need to keep food at a certain level. I sensed we are talking about three months as compared to any day.

we have collectively decided to move everything into my mywife's king size bed. This has not been done because of her snoring where I can get no sleep. She wiil have a spot right next to me, but when she snores we set up a seceonday bed and she will leave the room. I need to establish very tight routines and margins. Sp I will be drinking an insure in the morning, around 11 I will try soup.

Monday they are going to do a suction of liquids from my abdomen to releive the disomvflort the needke wukk draub my abodomen. 'this is dangerous because it opend me up to infection. So contrary to stuffing in as much food we are going to try to put in as mush as my system.

qw

we will also try to make it easeier for me to read and typeo on the computer. I lose orientation and after four or five tries as letters i give up. I never had to look at the keyboard because I remembered all the keys, but that does you no good if you loose your orientation on the keys and the bone mets to nto allow you to view the scree.

786time is getting short - Page 32 Empty Re: time is getting short 4/11/2019, 2:06 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Hoping the draining will go well. It will relieve that pain.

787time is getting short - Page 32 Empty Re: time is getting short 4/11/2019, 5:35 pm

RealLindaL

Thanks for the update, Sea. Wow- possibly at least three more months?! Very good news indeed.

So are you still in Chicago, or will you have to travel back again for Monday's procedure? Hope it goes well in any event and brings you some comfort -- no infection allowed!!!!

As for anything that will make it easier for you to read and type-- you know I'm all for that.

788time is getting short - Page 32 Empty Re: time is getting short 4/12/2019, 12:33 am

RealLindaL

P.S. to Seaoat -- thought of you and Mrs. Sea as we splurged tonight on a pizza at the New Yorker Deli (and bought one to take home for the freezer using my WUWF Member Card 2-for-1 discount).

Told my husband I had you two on my mind and why - he smiled and understood.

Am just so glad you had the opportunity to experience this special place, Sea, which for me will hold thoughts of you, for as long as I'm able to go.

789time is getting short - Page 32 Empty Re: time is getting short 4/14/2019, 1:00 am

RealLindaL

Seaoat, whassup?

790time is getting short - Page 32 Empty Re: time is getting short 4/14/2019, 1:46 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Seaoat are you watching the Masters? It is an up and down battle!

791time is getting short - Page 32 Empty Re: time is getting short 4/14/2019, 3:00 pm

RealLindaL

AND TIGER WON!!!! WOO HOO!! Watched the whole thing today, and it was great golf and then some. WOW. SO glad for him -- and his love for his children during post-win hugs was wonderful to see.

792time is getting short - Page 32 Empty Re: time is getting short 4/14/2019, 4:40 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

He’s back on top! Can’t imagine he has had 4 back surgeries.

793time is getting short - Page 32 Empty Re: time is getting short 4/14/2019, 5:05 pm

RealLindaL

It really is amazing.  I think his saga is the epitome of perseverance.

(Not unlike the amazing saga of Seaoat.)

794time is getting short - Page 32 Empty Re: time is getting short 4/14/2019, 5:48 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Amen!

795time is getting short - Page 32 Empty Re: time is getting short 4/15/2019, 12:33 pm

knothead

knothead

RealLindaL wrote:It really is amazing.  I think his saga is the epitome of perseverance.

(Not unlike the amazing saga of Seaoat.)

A-FREAKING-MEN!!!!

796time is getting short - Page 32 Empty Re: time is getting short 4/15/2019, 4:53 pm

RealLindaL

Hear all that, Seaoat? Can you chime in now? Hoping the fluid reduction procedure went well today. Let us know when you can, please.

797time is getting short - Page 32 Empty Re: time is getting short 4/17/2019, 10:21 am

knothead

knothead

OK Mr. Oats, enough on the suspense . . . . . give us a word signifying you're still kicking . . . . .

798time is getting short - Page 32 Empty Re: time is getting short 4/17/2019, 6:48 pm

2seaoat

brother, his wife, high school friends are visititing......the word has got out.

799time is getting short - Page 32 Empty Re: time is getting short 4/17/2019, 8:05 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Enjoy!

800time is getting short - Page 32 Empty Re: time is getting short 4/20/2019, 12:40 pm

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:brother, his wife, high school friends are visititing......the word has got out.

Awesome Mr. Oats, appreciate the update!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 32 of 33]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum