Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Watching the debate?

+8
Slicef18
TEOTWAWKI
2seaoat
Floridatexan
Nekochan
Joanimaroni
Yella
gulfbeachbandit
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Watching the debate? - Page 3 Empty Re: Watching the debate? 10/4/2012, 8:35 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I think this debate proves that obama is the worst president in history and romney will be a good enough president to get his face on mt. rushmore.
Our problems are solved.

52Watching the debate? - Page 3 Empty Re: Watching the debate? 10/5/2012, 2:48 am

Slicef18

Slicef18

Bob wrote:I think this debate proves that obama is the worst president in history and romney will be a good enough president to get his face on mt. rushmore.
Our problems are solved.

I'm not sure how being declared a looser of the first of three debates proves how any President could be the worst President in history.
Also, considering that Obama's a trained lawyer, and pondering the poor performance he showed at the first debate. It wouldn't surprise me if Obama wasn't simply raising the performance expectation of Governor Romney for the two remaining debates.

53Watching the debate? - Page 3 Empty Re: Watching the debate? 10/5/2012, 7:37 am

2seaoat

Mondale beat President Reagan like a drum in the first debate of his second term. The last two minutes of Obama's close he looked like a star compared to Reagan's close and people started mumbling about if the president really was too old, and if Reagan was going to be a one term president.....nope Reagan beat Mondale like a drum in the general election. Before the debate I argued that they really do not matter in people making their minds up, and job numbers and how people are doing.......very important. Most important though is the perception that a person running for president is good for America.

54Watching the debate? - Page 3 Empty Re: Watching the debate? 10/5/2012, 7:41 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Slicef18 wrote: considering that Obama's a trained lawyer, and pondering the poor performance he showed at the first debate. It wouldn't surprise me if Obama wasn't simply raising the performance expectation of Governor Romney for the two remaining debates.
In that case then Obama would become eligible for Mt. Rushmore.

55Watching the debate? - Page 3 Empty Re: Watching the debate? 10/5/2012, 7:44 am

2seaoat

Mt Rushmore is full.

56Watching the debate? - Page 3 Empty Re: Watching the debate? 10/5/2012, 7:49 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'd be willing to contribute $100 cash if they would just flip a coin and declare one of them winner this afternoon and finally put an end to all this shit. If I never have to hear about another election for the rest of my life it will be too soon.

57Watching the debate? - Page 3 Empty Re: Watching the debate? 10/5/2012, 7:52 am

Slicef18

Slicef18

Bob wrote:I'd be willing to contribute $100 cash if they would just flip a coin and declare one of them winner this afternoon and finally put an end to all this shit. If I never have to hear about another election for the rest of my life it will be too soon.

Great Britain does it better. Absolutely NO political campaigning until 30 days prior to the election.

58Watching the debate? - Page 3 Empty Re: Watching the debate? 10/5/2012, 8:05 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Slicef18 wrote:

Great Britain does it better. Absolutely NO political campaigning until 30 days prior to the election.

I know and I agree. But it will never happen here mostly because of one reason.
The two year long billion dollar election process we have now is the best thing that ever happened to the same news media that would be the ones to challenge it and help to change it. So of course they will never put up any challenge to the status quo.
It's not just that the billion dollars goes mostly to pay for ads sold by the media although that's significant too. But what it really does for the media is give it so much content that it doesn't have to earn. For month after month after month the media can coast. All it has to do is hire some talking heads to talk about the horserace. Which it does ad nauseum.
It doesn't have to cover actual news which requires creativity and skill.
Just talk about the horserace endlessly while it sells ads to the horses.
It's the best thing that ever happened to the news media and they know it.

59Watching the debate? - Page 3 Empty Re: Watching the debate? 10/5/2012, 8:36 am

2seaoat

I'd be willing to contribute $100 cash if they would just flip a coin and declare one of them winner this afternoon and finally put an end to all this shit. If I never have to hear about another election for the rest of my life it will be too soon.

Then you are part of the problem Bob......not the politicians and all the ads and flood of vote for me arguments......just you Bob.....you are the problem......because in the end policies do matter. An informed electorate who understands the issues and is involved makes a democracy work....but those folks who think it is simply a flip of the coin.....no, it has never been that. I am voting for Johnson because the issues matter and my vote matters, and yes I get irritated also....but I get irritated because there are real solutions to our problems, and there is not enough substantive discussions of the issues which can make our country better. I would like to see you run for local office....I am not kidding. You are retired, you have good ideas, and you can make a difference......but no each of us will wrap ourselves in comfort, and think a flip of the coin will make things better......and how I recognize you Bob is because you are us.

60Watching the debate? - Page 3 Empty Re: Watching the debate? 10/5/2012, 10:32 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:I'd be willing to contribute $100 cash if they would just flip a coin and declare one of them winner this afternoon and finally put an end to all this shit. If I never have to hear about another election for the rest of my life it will be too soon.

Then you are part of the problem Bob......not the politicians and all the ads and flood of vote for me arguments......just you Bob.....you are the problem......because in the end policies do matter. An informed electorate who understands the issues and is involved makes a democracy work....but those folks who think it is simply a flip of the coin.....no, it has never been that. I am voting for Johnson because the issues matter and my vote matters, and yes I get irritated also....but I get irritated because there are real solutions to our problems, and there is not enough substantive discussions of the issues which can make our country better. I would like to see you run for local office....I am not kidding. You are retired, you have good ideas, and you can make a difference......but no each of us will wrap ourselves in comfort, and think a flip of the coin will make things better......and how I recognize you Bob is because you are us.

My comment was within the context of a two year long billion dollar never ending election campaign. Between one individual who's campaign rhetoric is that he's going to overturn the same kind of obamacare that he himself invented and he's going to overturn it on day one of taking office. And he's going to do that overturning it on day one of his taking office even though he knows full well that of course he can't do that without the consent of the congress.
A campaign between that individual and another one who pretends that he hasn't put the country into fiscal insolvency and even if he did do it he says he was forced to do it.
A campaign which says the american people are always right about everything. A campaign whose rhetoric is that the presidency can do anything it wants to solve all the country's problems and do it all by itself.
A campaign that is so scripted and so contrived that it is the best example of George Orwell's "1984" to be found anywhere on Earth.

And I'm supposed to run for office in NW Florida like a bisexual could get elected to dogcatcher here, let alone anything else. lol

61Watching the debate? - Page 3 Empty Re: Watching the debate? 10/5/2012, 10:48 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

what's wrong with this picture?

Watching the debate? - Page 3 Download?mid=2%5f0%5f0%5f1%5f24010009%5fAKLuXkIAAQQoUG7c7QzgplrOjzQ&pid=1

62Watching the debate? - Page 3 Empty Re: Watching the debate? 10/5/2012, 11:47 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

So you thought what was wrong with the picture was him holding the phone upside down didn't you.

Nah, what's wrong with the picture is it's a fake version of this picture...

Watching the debate? - Page 3 Barackonphone

63Watching the debate? - Page 3 Empty Re: Watching the debate? 10/5/2012, 11:55 pm

“Do not underestimate President Obama,” McCain said. “The guy is good, he’s smart, he gives a great speech. The next debate is going to be very important. I guarantee you will see a better performance, but I also think you may see a better performance out of Mitt — even better than the one he just gave, which I thought was great.”

Speaking later on CNN’s “Starting Point,” McCain offered another take on what accounted for Obama’s appearance in the debate.

“This president is very smart, he’s very intelligent, he’s an excellent speaker,” McCain said. “I think that it was fairly rusty. He’s had four years relatively unchallenged in the things he has said. And Mitt went through a very tough primary, as we all know. I think that showed up last night. I would not underestimate the president of the United States in the next couple debates, and I don’t think Mitt will, either.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1012/82021.html#ixzz28UHqTI8a

64Watching the debate? - Page 3 Empty Re: Watching the debate? 10/6/2012, 12:06 am

Markle

Markle

Nekochan wrote:
Yella wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:You guys are too funny! The horses have just rounded the first corner and you guys have declared your horse "Beetle Bomb" has won the race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BavRrRNvz8g

Oh no, not at all. Obama could very well still win in November. What I said is that Romney won this debate...it was a big win for him on this one debate.

I agree, Romney showed up and did what needed to be done.

I look for Obama to bite back at the next meeting.

What, will he have a teleprompter?
Seriously, he can only go up from here. I expect he will do better in the next debate. He surely must realize now that he bombed last night and will make preparing for the next debate a priority instead of describing his practice sessions as "a drag".

ANYONE would consider practice sessions with John Kerry a drag.

65Watching the debate? - Page 3 Empty Re: Watching the debate? 10/6/2012, 12:29 am

Markle

Markle

This is next weeks cover to the New Yorker magazine. Pretty good.

Watching the debate? - Page 3 NewYorkerCover5152012

66Watching the debate? - Page 3 Empty Re: Watching the debate? 10/6/2012, 7:42 am

Slicef18

Slicef18

Dreamsglore wrote: “Do not underestimate President Obama,” McCain said. “The guy is good, he’s smart, he gives a great speech. The next debate is going to be very important. I guarantee you will see a better performance, but I also think you may see a better performance out of Mitt — even better than the one he just gave, which I thought was great.”

Speaking later on CNN’s “Starting Point,” McCain offered another take on what accounted for Obama’s appearance in the debate.

“This president is very smart, he’s very intelligent, he’s an excellent speaker,” McCain said. “I think that it was fairly rusty. He’s had four years relatively unchallenged in the things he has said. And Mitt went through a very tough primary, as we all know. I think that showed up last night. I would not underestimate the president of the United States in the next couple debates, and I don’t think Mitt will, either.”

As I previously said, I believe Obama used the first debate to raise the performance expectation level of Romney for the remaining debates. Obama's a really smart guy and his performance in debate #1 was very atypical.

67Watching the debate? - Page 3 Empty Re: Watching the debate? 10/6/2012, 9:18 am

2seaoat

I do not think Obama had any strategy in the debate other than prevent defense. He did not need a teleprompter. He was excellent in his demarkation of fact and fiction, but he was against a person using the GISH GALLOP debate technique (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duane_Gish#Debates)

Romney just told fiction after fiction, and in rapid fire where people were asking whether he was on something...he was not. He was taking advantage of a known debate technique which simply overwhelms an appointment with quantity and half truths and neutralizes any moderation by the sheer quantity of outrageous statements.

I love this place. It is fun when people think the President needs a teleprompter. Please show one place during that debate where the president got the facts or numbers wrong........in real time he laid it out, but when Romney denied the very platform he is running on and in rapid fire told half truth after half truth, the low information voter thought the obvious steamroll of Obama in the debate format translates beyond the debate it does not.....it just allows the American public to see that Romney is a classic sociopath, and the math does not work.

68Watching the debate? - Page 3 Empty Re: Watching the debate? 10/6/2012, 9:28 am

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:I do not think Obama had any strategy in the debate other than prevent defense. He did not need a teleprompter. He was excellent in his demarkation of fact and fiction, but he was against a person using the GISH GALLOP debate technique (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duane_Gish#Debates)

Romney just told fiction after fiction, and in rapid fire where people were asking whether he was on something...he was not. He was taking advantage of a known debate technique which simply overwhelms an appointment with quantity and half truths and neutralizes any moderation by the sheer quantity of outrageous statements.

I love this place. It is fun when people think the President needs a teleprompter. Please show one place during that debate where the president got the facts or numbers wrong........in real time he laid it out, but when Romney denied the very platform he is running on and in rapid fire told half truth after half truth, the low information voter thought the obvious steamroll of Obama in the debate format translates beyond the debate it does not.....it just allows the American public to see that Romney is a classic sociopath, and the math does not work.

Very good analysis . . . . I continue to learn from your insight.

69Watching the debate? - Page 3 Empty Re: Watching the debate? 10/6/2012, 12:00 pm

Slicef18 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote: “Do not underestimate President Obama,” McCain said. “The guy is good, he’s smart, he gives a great speech. The next debate is going to be very important. I guarantee you will see a better performance, but I also think you may see a better performance out of Mitt — even better than the one he just gave, which I thought was great.”

As I previously said, I believe Obama used the first debate to raise the performance expectation level of Romney for the remaining debates. Obama's a really smart guy and his performance in debate #1 was very atypical.

I agree. I wondered during the debate if this was calculated by Obama to be low key and let Romney say all these outrageous things and then smash him right before the election.It seemed as if Obama was deliberately remaining quiet and non confrontational.

70Watching the debate? - Page 3 Empty Re: Watching the debate? 10/6/2012, 1:34 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I agree with slice and dreams. Obama is obviously the smartest human being who ever lived. I think I'm starting to get a tingle up my leg like the dude on CNN.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum