Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Watching the debate?

+8
Slicef18
TEOTWAWKI
2seaoat
Floridatexan
Nekochan
Joanimaroni
Yella
gulfbeachbandit
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Watching the debate? - Page 2 Empty Re: Watching the debate? 10/3/2012, 11:34 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I think we are watching a freak show AND THE MORE WE WATCH IT THE MORE WE BECOME THE FREAKS.....SOOOOOOO

study

Only kool-aid drinkers would argue over who "WON" that stupid exchange of lies and damn lies.

27Watching the debate? - Page 2 Empty Re: Watching the debate? 10/3/2012, 11:52 pm

2seaoat

I think a more appropriate discussion is what are the rules of debating a sociopath.....if you think you can use historical context or facts, you have already lost the debate. President Obama had to only attack a sociopath....Newt who was the best candidate bar none, knew how to deal with a sociopath.....and he out sociopathed the sociopath....but 9-1 spending stopped Newt......I wish I was Obama's campaign staff right now.....they have a clear road to victory, and if I did not know that Obama is a genuinely a good man.....I would think he did a ropa dope because Romney made it crystal clear that he was cutting taxes and the accountants have repeatedly stated that this is five trillion.......he has said he would expand the military budget by two trillion.....that seven trillion where are the cuts......This man is the worse presidential candidate and the most dangerous candidate in our history.....America could have fallen into the abyss if the debates even mattered, but like I said yesterday....they do not, with rare exceptions....statistically they do not matter. Kerry beat bush like a drum in the first debate......nada....and there are numerous other examples which pollsters have written about for years.....but anybody who could not see that Romney steamrolled the President tonight was AWOL.

28Watching the debate? - Page 2 Empty Re: Watching the debate? 10/4/2012, 12:09 am

alecto wrote:
ghandi wrote:obama just said he lowered taxes for 98% of families. When did he do that and who are the 2% he didn't lower taxes on?

Yeah that one kind of puzzled me, my taxes damn sure didn't go down.

That's not true,Alecto. Everybody got the "Making Work Pay"credit from Obama.

29Watching the debate? - Page 2 Empty Re: Watching the debate? 10/4/2012, 12:12 am

Nekochan wrote:He wasn't being polite. He was smirking and frowning. He simply could not speak well without his teleprompter.

He was polite-more polite than Romney-he kept interrupting him. Romney was very smug. Everytime he said something he would smile smugly and look at Obama.

30Watching the debate? - Page 2 Empty Re: Watching the debate? 10/4/2012, 12:16 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:He wasn't being polite. He was smirking and frowning. He simply could not speak well without his teleprompter.

He was polite-more polite than Romney-he kept interrupting him. Romney was very smug. Everytime he said something he would smile smugly and look at Obama.

I don't think Romney was smug looking but regardless, he unnerved poor Obama. Obama either wouldn't or couldn't look at Romney.

31Watching the debate? - Page 2 Empty Re: Watching the debate? 10/4/2012, 12:27 am

Nekochan wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

I don't think Romney was smug looking but regardless, he unnerved poor Obama. Obama either wouldn't or couldn't look at Romney.

I think he was smug looking but anyway here is Ronmey wants to do on taxes. Factchecked.

"However, Romney says he wants to pay for the tax cuts by reducing or eliminating tax credits, deductions and exemptions. The goal is a simpler tax code that raises the same amount of money as the current system but does it in a more efficient manner."
http://www.chron.com/news/article/FACT-CHECK-Presidential-debate-missteps-3917656.php

If he does this we will all be paying more taxes even if he reduces taxes which he said he wanted to make everyone pay 20%.Really! W/O deductions exemptions or credits you and I are screwed!

32Watching the debate? - Page 2 Empty Re: Watching the debate? 10/4/2012, 12:43 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

If he does this we will all be paying more taxes even if he reduces taxes which he said he wanted to make everyone pay 20%.Really! W/O deductions exemptions or credits you and I are screwed!

Where did Romney say that he wants everyone to pay 20% in taxes? Do you have a source for this?

33Watching the debate? - Page 2 Empty Re: Watching the debate? 10/4/2012, 6:36 am

Slicef18

Slicef18

You guys are too funny! The horses have just rounded the first corner and you guys have declared your horse "Beetle Bomb" has won the race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BavRrRNvz8g

34Watching the debate? - Page 2 Empty Re: Watching the debate? 10/4/2012, 7:29 am

2seaoat

Where did Romney say that he wants everyone to pay 20% in taxes? Do you have a source for this?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2012/oct/04/barack-obama/obama-says-romneys-plan-5-trillion-tax-cut/

Romney simply lied. This is what sociopaths do. He won the debate with lies and plowing over the moderator. However, Romney's fraud in this debate will be a gift in the end.

35Watching the debate? - Page 2 Empty Re: Watching the debate? 10/4/2012, 9:06 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

Slicef18 wrote:You guys are too funny! The horses have just rounded the first corner and you guys have declared your horse "Beetle Bomb" has won the race.

Oh no, not at all. Obama could very well still win in November. What I said is that Romney won this debate...it was a big win for him on this one debate.

36Watching the debate? - Page 2 Empty Re: Watching the debate? 10/4/2012, 9:07 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

2seaoat wrote:Where did Romney say that he wants everyone to pay 20% in taxes? Do you have a source for this?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2012/oct/04/barack-obama/obama-says-romneys-plan-5-trillion-tax-cut/

Romney simply lied. This is what sociopaths do. He won the debate with lies and plowing over the moderator. However, Romney's fraud in this debate will be a gift in the end.

You do realize that Obama plowed over the moderator and spoke 4 minutes longer than Romney?

37Watching the debate? - Page 2 Empty Re: Watching the debate? 10/4/2012, 9:48 am

2seaoat

No, actually Romney had more words than Obama.....Obama was lethargic even with the extra time....and he was not capable of plowing anybody over....did we watch the same debate.....his use of time was trying to be accurate and factual, he was playing prevent defense....you do not plow people over in a prevent defense. No big deal one way or another because the President will run ads pointing to the math....as other posters have clearly indicated.....it simply cannot add up...and Americans saw the sociopath which I finally recognized when the truth about his qualified plans became evident......rules.....they do not apply to me.

38Watching the debate? - Page 2 Empty Re: Watching the debate? 10/4/2012, 10:12 am

Well now I am in a dilemma. Do I vote for a sociopath or a psychopath?

sociopath or a psychopath?

Decisions, decisions.

39Watching the debate? - Page 2 Empty Re: Watching the debate? 10/4/2012, 10:33 am

2seaoat

Just do the math. You cannot cut taxes by 20% and balance our budgets. It is a fantasy which has proven that it only results in long term fiscal irresponsibility. I have posted the simple math on the home mortgage deduction. The proportional importance of those deductions is a huge advantage to the middle class.....sadly we do need to look at those deductions, and prudent economist do see the need to lower the amounts of deductions.....but they cannot close the gap of giving a 20% across the board tax cut.

The president is correct on this issue. We need to let the Bush tax cuts expire on the top brackets. I think Mitt Romney is absolutely correct in a new conceptual way of looking at deductions. Instead of looking at each deduction as the end........he will allow folks to take a cafeteria approach to what deductions you will take......and there will be a limit on the same. I think this concept is very sound, and it will bring certainty to the tax debate, but I know taxes......and you cannot offset a 20% reduction with even a very sound policy of grouping deductions and limiting the same. The math simply does not work.

If you just allow the Bush tax cuts to expire across the board, it will drive our economy into a recession, but if you raise the top income brackets 4% and slowly over a decade eliminate the balance of the Bush tax cuts you will give this country the necessary revenue to address the deficit while not crashing our economy......Folks it really is the math.....Bill Clinton gave the president a bounce not by smoke or mirrors, but simple math....in the end the debates do not change the math. President Obama is correct....we need to raise revenue on the top bracket.

40Watching the debate? - Page 2 Empty Re: Watching the debate? 10/4/2012, 10:46 am

Yella

Yella

Dreamsglore wrote:

I think he was trying to be polite
but wound up looking sorta contrite. (Unintentional rhyme LOL)

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

41Watching the debate? - Page 2 Empty Re: Watching the debate? 10/4/2012, 10:56 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

2seaoat wrote:No, actually Romney had more words than Obama.....Obama was lethargic even with the extra time....and he was not capable of plowing anybody over....did we watch the same debate.....his use of time was trying to be accurate and factual, he was playing prevent defense....you do not plow people over in a prevent defense. No big deal one way or another because the President will run ads pointing to the math....as other posters have clearly indicated.....it simply cannot add up...and Americans saw the sociopath which I finally recognized when the truth about his qualified plans became evident......rules.....they do not apply to me.

I didn't claim that Obama used his extra 4 minutes WISELY, but he DID speak for 4 minutes longer than Romney--so says CNN. It refutes you claiming that it was Romney who railroaded the moderator and broke the debate rules.

42Watching the debate? - Page 2 Empty Re: Watching the debate? 10/4/2012, 10:56 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:Well now I am in a dilemma. Do I vote for a sociopath or a psychopath?

Decisions, decisions.

LOL, now that's funny! Laughing

43Watching the debate? - Page 2 Empty Re: Watching the debate? 10/4/2012, 10:58 am

Slicef18

Slicef18

Nekochan wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:You guys are too funny! The horses have just rounded the first corner and you guys have declared your horse "Beetle Bomb" has won the race.

Oh no, not at all. Obama could very well still win in November. What I said is that Romney won this debate...it was a big win for him on this one debate.

I agree, Romney showed up and did what needed to be done.

44Watching the debate? - Page 2 Empty Re: Watching the debate? 10/4/2012, 11:04 am

Yella

Yella

Slicef18 wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

I look for Obama to bite back at the next meeting.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

45Watching the debate? - Page 2 Empty Re: Watching the debate? 10/4/2012, 11:06 am

Sal

Sal

It appears that this debate is being graded more on style than substance at the moment. Willard told his lies aggressively with a shit-eating grin on his face. Obama looked pensive, sounded professorial, and looked more than a little aggrieved when listening to the bullshit emanating from the other podium. So, style points to Willard.

As for the substance of the debate, that will be graded over several news cycles as the press examines their respective claims, and this is where Willard has left himself quite vulnerable. The numbers in his tax policy simply do not add up. Obama was reluctant to call Willard a liar last night, but his campaign now has two weeks to point out the fallacies contained in Willard's budget plan and demand specifics.

Last edited by salinsky on 10/4/2012, 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total

46Watching the debate? - Page 2 Empty Re: Watching the debate? 10/4/2012, 11:06 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Perhaps Obama needs a debate Czar and a small receiver in his ear for the next debate. He clearly was not prepared to actually debate issues only to talk about them. But I heard his round-ball game is holding strong.

47Watching the debate? - Page 2 Empty Re: Watching the debate? 10/4/2012, 11:08 am

Yella wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

For those that have posted the COWH won 'hands down'....what were you drinking...ingesting...and/or smoking?....You know it's BAD when MSNBC is hysterical over the performance...Take away the teleprompters and the catchy little soundbites and what's left...an empty suite..the COWH did have an impossible task....defend/explain his failure of a record...

48Watching the debate? - Page 2 Empty Re: Watching the debate? 10/4/2012, 11:15 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

Yella wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

What, will he have a teleprompter?
Seriously, he can only go up from here. I expect he will do better in the next debate. He surely must realize now that he bombed last night and will make preparing for the next debate a priority instead of describing his practice sessions as "a drag".

49Watching the debate? - Page 2 Empty Re: Watching the debate? 10/4/2012, 11:35 am

Nekochan wrote:
Yella wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

With the Middle East burning and the huge wave of anti-Americanism...Ambassador..Americans murdered...evidence of prior acts of violence and warnings of further violence...will be impossible for the COWH to explain...first it wasn't terrorism...then spontaneous protests over a internet video...THEN it becomes terrorism but Sec of State Clinton says more time for investigation is needed...Candidate [Name] COWH said in 2008 that he would restore America's standing in the world...well he's bowed...appeased...and apologized worldwide...and how has that worked?...Yes he gave the go ahead to get OBL...but couldn't help himself from 'spiking the football' and celebrating...now remember when the previous administration was in charge such behavior was unacceptable and would damage relations in the Middle East...but now is acceptable?...If you think the COWH looked like a deer in headlights talking about the economy wait til he's talking about his foreign policy blunders...along with topics like Fast and Furious... $$$$ to countries that sponsor terrorism against the US...and leaving an individual and his family behind to pay the price for intellegence on getting OBL...

What, will he have a teleprompter?
Seriously, he can only go up from here. I expect he will do better in the next debate. He surely must realize now that he bombed last night and will make preparing for the next debate a priority instead of describing his practice sessions as "a drag".

50Watching the debate? - Page 2 Empty Re: Watching the debate? 10/4/2012, 7:45 pm

Doesn't really matter-LOL!

Our Nov. 6 forecast, however, had already anticipated some decline for Mr. Obama, and so has been less sensitive to the shift.

In addition, there is a particular Electoral College outlook that is becoming problematic for Mr. Romney. As of Wednesday, our Nov. 6 forecast had Mr. Obama winning the popular vote by 4.1 percentage points. However, his advantage was larger than that — at least 4.9 percentage points, in 22 states (and the District of Columbia) — totaling 275 electoral votes:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum