Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do we have a Russian President?

+5
2seaoat
RealLindaL
Markle
othershoe1030
Vikingwoman
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Do we have a Russian President? Empty Do we have a Russian President? 12/30/2016, 4:21 pm

Vikingwoman

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-vladimir-putin_us_5866b8e1e4b0eb58648952e0

This is truly scary!

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Vikingwoman wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-vladimir-putin_us_5866b8e1e4b0eb58648952e0

This is truly scary!

This can't be going over well with the old time Republicans in Congress? Someone needs to have a serious sit-down conversation with the Donald to enlighten him as to our relationship with Russia.

I'm afraid he's angling for building permits in Moscow or something even though he's said he will not do any business deals while in office. This is just amazing.

Vikingwoman

It is and there is something wrong here when a President praises an enemy.

Markle

Markle

Vikingwoman wrote:It is and there is something wrong here when a President praises an enemy.

Of course, I've never been involved in negotiations near the level of President Donald Trump.

However, I have made my living for the past 40 years both solving problems and negotiating solutions. IF you want to negotiate a satisfactory agreement, you do not do so by alienating your opponent. Every move, everything said and done must be done to move the sale, negotiations, forward.

RealLindaL

Trump is the biggest fool who ever walked the Earth.

The saddest and scariest thing to realize is that some of our fellow Americans -- such as many if not most of the conservatives on this board, apparently in concert with their new standard bearer, Trump -- seem far more disposed to believe the darkest, most conspiratorial things of their own countrymen -- including our current president -- than they are to distrust the motivations of despotic rulers such as Vladimir Putin.

The world is turning upside down.

NO, we don't have a Russian POTUS, but we do have an unqualified Muslim community organizer getting schooled by Putin right now.

RealLindaL

Markle wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:It is and there is something wrong here when a President praises an enemy.

Of course, I've never been involved in negotiations near the level of President Donald Trump.

However, I have made my living for the past 40 years both solving problems and negotiating solutions.  IF you want to negotiate a satisfactory agreement, you do not do so by alienating your opponent.  Every move, everything said and done must be done to move the sale, negotiations, forward.

Markle, having been a corporate purchasing director, I, too spent my entire career in negotiations, and understand what you're trying to say.  But Putin is not the next real estate sale nor the next major vendor or contractor, and this is not normal diplomatic negotiations with a reasonably well-trusted entity.  Far from it!  You KNOW what the despotic Putin is about, and exactly what he wants, which is an expansion of Russian boundaries and thereby his realm of power.  He has continually violated international norms and ignored condemnation and sanctions.  He will do whatever it takes to get what he wants, and as of now Trump is playing right into his scheming hands like an idiot, alongside all the other blind fools (see our favorite ignoramus TTT immediately above for a good example) who are praising Putin today simply because they think he successfully bested the hated Obama, entirely forgetting which country and leader they should be loyal to.   It's horrifying, shameful, and downright ignorant behavior, if not traitorous as well.

Wake up, people, and smell the coffee.  Donald Trump is a tiny mind in a sea of much smarter, foxier people like Putin, and if he doesn't quit allowing himself to be led around by his own ego, we -- and perhaps the world -- are sunk.  For Pete's sake remember which country is yours -- and, at least so far, thank goodness, that's NOT Russia!!  Throwing your national loyalty to the wind so as to enjoy a bit of Obama bashing is DANGEROUSLY STUPID.

USE YOUR BRAIN!

2seaoat

One thing I agreed with President elect Trump was the high numbers of our military stationed in other countries. If he has a coherent plan which can lower our overseas bases, and enter alliances which enhance a general reduction of our military he could change for the better America.

I find the news coverage of this issue to be hysteria. If he in fact is a traitor, it will be exposed. If he is truly attempting to reach out and withdraw our military from foreign assignments, it is a home run and it is coherent. If he has illicit financial ties which makes him a traitor, he would be foolish, and it too will be exposed.

President Obama in eight years has rendered Russia impotent. Their economy has now fallen to below Brazil, and poor Pace cannot face the fact that sanctions have cut their currency to half its value. The truth is that Putin was President Obama's bitch for the last eight years as Russia is isolated and surrounded by new Nato affiliates......of course Trump might have been an alternative to release the chains on Putin who is Obama's bitch, but the truth is that a little bit of treaty and withdrawing American troops and expenditures sure would help Americans.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

If Trump wants to be friendly with Russia, I say go for it, albeit cautiously. The Russians are the only power who can truly destroy our country. They are a potent nuclear power, and if Trump was smart, he would leverage Putin to tamp-down North Korea and use Russia as a hedge against China.

I agree with pulling back NATO quite a bit. NATO has always scared the wits out of Russia, and now it incorporates many of the countries formerly in the old USSR's orbit. Heck, NATO is now knocking on Russia's door with Romania and the Baltic countries as members.

The Middle East will l always be a cauldron, but maybe Russia and the U.S. can work together to tamp down that area somewhat.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Vikingwoman

I don't think it is financial ties that motivates Trump. It is his ego and the power. Putin has indeed manipulated a lesser intelligent President that he couldn't do w/ Hillary and Obama. He has capitalized on Trump's biggest weakness-his ego. We are in big trouble.

11Do we have a Russian President? Empty Re: Do we have a Russian President? 12/30/2016, 10:29 pm

FAKE NEWS..!!

12Do we have a Russian President? Empty Re: Do we have a Russian President? 12/30/2016, 10:48 pm

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:FAKE NEWS..!!

FAKE POST..!!

13Do we have a Russian President? Empty Re: Do we have a Russian President? 12/30/2016, 10:52 pm

RealLindaL wrote:

FAKE POST..!!

Do you really believe that we have a Russian president?

14Do we have a Russian President? Empty Re: Do we have a Russian President? 12/30/2016, 11:19 pm

Markle

Markle

RealLindaL wrote:
Markle wrote:

However, I have made my living for the past 40 years both solving problems and negotiating solutions.  IF you want to negotiate a satisfactory agreement, you do not do so by alienating your opponent.  Every move, everything said and done must be done to move the sale, negotiations, forward.

Markle, having been a corporate purchasing director, I, too spent my entire career in negotiations, and understand what you're trying to say.  But Putin is not the next real estate sale nor the next major vendor or contractor, and this is not normal diplomatic negotiations with a reasonably well-trusted entity.  Far from it!  You KNOW what the despotic Putin is about, and exactly what he wants, which is an expansion of Russian boundaries and thereby his realm of power.  He has continually violated international norms and ignored condemnation and sanctions.  He will do whatever it takes to get what he wants, and as of now Trump is playing right into his scheming hands like an idiot, alongside all the other blind fools (see our favorite ignoramus TTT immediately above for a good example) who are praising Putin today simply because they think he successfully bested the hated Obama, entirely forgetting which country and leader they should be loyal to.   It's horrifying, shameful, and downright ignorant behavior, if not traitorous as well.

Wake up, people, and smell the coffee.  Donald Trump is a tiny mind in a sea of much smarter, foxier people like Putin, and if he doesn't quit allowing himself to be led around by his own ego, we -- and perhaps the world -- are sunk.  For Pete's sake remember which country is yours -- and, at least so far, thank goodness, that's NOT Russia!!  Throwing your national loyalty to the wind so as to enjoy a bit of Obama bashing is DANGEROUSLY STUPID.

USE YOUR BRAIN!

You're just being childish. EVEN YOU have to concede that if Donald Trump had a tiny mind he would not have such terrific kids, be a multi-billionaire with holdings in fifty countries.

Your desperation is duly noted.

What are you going to say in two years when we are significantly better off than we are today?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

FAKE POST..!!

Do you seriously believe Putin won't eat Trump's lunch? LOL

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

FAKE POST..!!

Do I really need to spell this out for you? You didn't even read the linked article, did you? No, you didn't. The forum post title is a QUESTION, get it? It's NOT a statement. And a concerned question does not constitute fake news or any news, for that matter. Get it together, man.

Vikingwoman

PkrBum wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

FAKE POST..!!

I believe we have a President that made a deal w/ a Russian President to win the election in exchange for favorable treatment to him and his country.

18Do we have a Russian President? Empty Re: Do we have a Russian President? 12/31/2016, 12:37 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/12/what-a-dangerous-doofus-internet-slams-trump-for-love-tweeting-putin/comments/#disqus

‘What a dangerous doofus’: Internet slams Trump for love-tweeting Putin

Donald Trump on Friday had a predictable reaction to Vladimir Putin’s announcement that he will not retaliate against the United States for ejecting Russian diplomats, calling the President of the Russian Federation “very smart.”

Follow
Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
Great move on delay (by V. Putin) - I always knew he was very smart!
1:41 PM - 30 Dec 2016

29,831 29,831 Retweets   80,651 80,651 likes

Trump not only tweeted his praise of Putin, but he also pinned the tweet to his profile, meaning it’s the first thing people will see when they visit the president-elect’s Twitter feed. Notably, the Russian Embassy also retweeted Trump’s reverence for a foreign adversary.

Follow
T. Greg Doucette ✔ @greg_doucette
Not only is a (Republican) President-elect siding with Russia over his own country – he made it his pinned tweet!

19Do we have a Russian President? Empty Re: Do we have a Russian President? 12/31/2016, 12:50 pm

Markle

Markle

Do we have a Russian President? 39b84b1a-90ae-4b0a-a1dc-48fba72644f4_zps8aartc7g

They just become overcome with angst when and about what they are told to. There's no set of standards... there's no level application of ethics... there's only partisan political targeting. They've become insect drones.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Fact-checking Markle's visual aids:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/10/26/the-facts-behind-trumps-repeated-claim-about-hillary-clintons-role-in-the-russian-uranium-deal/?utm_term=.94d5ff9bdd3c

[...]

The Pinocchio Test

Trump and his campaign claim that Clinton “gave” or “handed over” 20 percent of American uranium rights to the Russians. Through the Uranium One deal, the Russian state-owned nuclear energy company does now have control over 20 percent of U.S. uranium extraction capacity. But it cannot export the uranium.

In 2010, the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States approved the sale of the majority of the shares to the Russians. The State Department was one of nine agencies on the committee that approved the deal. The deal was also separately approved by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.

There is no evidence Clinton herself got involved in the deal personally, and it is highly questionable that this deal even rose to the level of the secretary of state. Theoretically, as Schweizer says, Clinton could have intervened. But even then, it ultimately would have been Obama’s decision whether to suspend or block the deal.

We wavered between Three and Four Pinocchios. Trump so often uses broad-brushed language that pushes him into Four Pinocchio territory, and this is yet another one of those cases. He specifically names Hillary Clinton as the active agent in the Uranium One deal, saying she “gave them” or “handed over” uranium to the Russians, but that is not the case. Then, he further claimed the sale went forward in exchange “for a big payment.” There’s no evidence for that claim either.

Trump could have avoided so many Pinocchios had he been more careful with the language. For example: “Hillary Clinton’s State Department was one of nine agencies that approved the deal.” Words matter.

Four Pinocchios

“My fingers are long and beautiful, as, it has been well documented, are various other parts of my body.” -- Donald Trump to NY Post

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PkrBum wrote:They just become overcome with angst when and about what they are told to. There's no set of standards... there's no level application of ethics... there's only partisan political targeting. They've become insect drones.

You must be referring to posters Markle and PeeDog, correct?

Markle posts so many obfuscations that he has forgotten what the truth resembles.....

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Floridatexan wrote:
Fact-checking Markle's visual aids:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/10/26/the-facts-behind-trumps-repeated-claim-about-hillary-clintons-role-in-the-russian-uranium-deal/?utm_term=.94d5ff9bdd3c

[...]

The Pinocchio Test

Trump and his campaign claim that Clinton “gave” or “handed over” 20 percent of American uranium rights to the Russians. Through the Uranium One deal, the Russian state-owned nuclear energy company does now have control over 20 percent of U.S. uranium extraction capacity. But it cannot export the uranium.

In 2010, the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States approved the sale of the majority of the shares to the Russians. The State Department was one of nine agencies on the committee that approved the deal. The deal was also separately approved by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.

There is no evidence Clinton herself got involved in the deal personally, and it is highly questionable that this deal even rose to the level of the secretary of state. Theoretically, as Schweizer says, Clinton could have intervened. But even then, it ultimately would have been Obama’s decision whether to suspend or block the deal.

We wavered between Three and Four Pinocchios. Trump so often uses broad-brushed language that pushes him into Four Pinocchio territory, and this is yet another one of those cases. He specifically names Hillary Clinton as the active agent in the Uranium One deal, saying she “gave them” or “handed over” uranium to the Russians, but that is not the case. Then, he further claimed the sale went forward in exchange “for a big payment.” There’s no evidence for that claim either.

Trump could have avoided so many Pinocchios had he been more careful with the language. For example: “Hillary Clinton’s State Department was one of nine agencies that approved the deal.” Words matter.

Four Pinocchios

“My fingers are long and beautiful, as, it has been well documented, are various other parts of my body.” -- Donald Trump to NY Post

Thank you; I knew he had posted yet another lie!

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
PkrBum wrote:They just become overcome with angst when and about what they are told to. There's no set of standards... there's no level application of ethics... there's only partisan political targeting. They've become insect drones.

You must be referring to posters Markle and PeeDog, correct?

Markle posts so many obfuscations that he has forgotten what the truth resembles.....

Who here is being gladly conditioned to believe that trump is a russian plant... in order to close their collective minds to the legitimacy of his presidency? It's simple mental manipulation. Good work comrades... lol.

RealLindaL

Markle wrote:
You're just being childish.  EVEN YOU have to concede that if Donald Trump had a tiny mind he would not have such terrific kids, be a multi-billionaire with holdings in fifty countries.

Your desperation is duly noted.

What are you going to say in two years when we are significantly better off than we are today?

"Childish" is not a word that anyone who knows me would ever apply to me.  But since you don't know the first thing about me, and instead just enjoy throwing around meaningless insults for general irritation's sake, I'll give you a pass.

I concede NO SUCH THING about Trump's kids.  First of all, I don't know them so I'm not in a position to judge how terrific they are, Hillary's opinion notwithstanding.  Secondly, EVEN YOU must concede that children often turn out very different from one parent or both.  It happens all the time, as you well know.

As for what I'll say if, in two years, we are in your opinion "significantly better off than we are today," first of all I will draw my own conclusions, based on trusted sources and not on conservative propaganda, and secondly I will ask the big question:  At what cost?  And I'm not just talking economics or finances, but the cost in terms of this nation's moral and ethical stance in the eyes of both the world and our own children, as well as other critical factors such as social progress and progress on climate change.   If I opine that everything is beautiful and hunky dory,  you'll be among the first to know.

I could ask you the same question, reversed:  What will you say in two years if Trump makes a holy mess of things, and further divides the nation?  I'd be surprised if you're able to give an honest response.

As for "desperation" -- your favorite word -- it doesn't touch me, because it doesn't apply.   I have admitted fear and concern.   To call me and others "desperate" is simply another of your insults for insults' sake.  Rolls off the back like water off a duck's.   Go try it on someone else.  

OH, and I almost forgot -- as to your positing that Trump is so financially successful.  I don't accept that on face value, because for all I know he's living on the edge of bankruptcy.  His failure to provide tax returns demonstrating his true income doesn't give anyone a warm fuzzy feeling about his finances, either.  

One thing that does seem quite patently obvious by all accounts is that the cheating, litigious Trump loves to make his money by stepping on and threatening others.  His modus operandi is truly deplorable, and we can only hope it hasn't rubbed off on those "terrific" children of his.

Would you even buy a used car from a person like this??

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum