Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Striking Similarity between President Richard M. Nixon and President Barack Hussein Obama

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

Is it possible the same people are advising President Barack Hussein Obama or are they all from the same school of thought and character?

An ever-increasing number of analysts and journalists have drawn parallels between the Obama White House’s handling of scandals plaguing the administration and Former President Nixon’s management of Watergate. It took just a few minutes to see if that comparison had any “there there”. There were many similarities and one striking difference:

Multiple pundits and journalists — including CBS’ Bob Schieffer — have speculated that President Barack Obama’s response to the multiple scandals currently plaguing his administration has been eerily similar to former President Richard Nixon’s management of Watergate. With that in mind, Revealing Politics sought out to see if the claims were legitimate.

Here’s a breakdown of the key phrases Revealing Politics focuses on:

Nixon: “I first learned from news reports…”

Obama: “I first learned about it from the same news reports that I think most people learned about this.”

Nixon: “The comments I made during this period, the comments made by my press secretary on my behalf were based on the information provided to us at the time we made those comments.”

Obama: “Keep in mind by the way these so-called talking points that were prepared…pretty much matched the assessments that I was receiving at that time.”

Nixon: “And had we not had that kind of security, and that kind of secrecy that allowed for that kind of exchange that is essential…”

Obama: “Leaks related to national security can put people at risk…”

Nixon: “I must now turn my full attention, and I shall do so once again, to the larger duties of this office…”

Obama: “Others may get distracted by chasing every fleeting issue that passes by, but the middle class will always be my number one focus. Period.”

It should be noted that the remarks made by Obama are taken from a few different subjects, including the Benghazi, IRS and DOJ spying scandals.

However, Revealing Politics does point out one important statement has yet to be made by President Obama:

“In any organization, the man at the top must bear the responsibility. That responsibility, therefore, belongs here in this office. I accept it.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlYZ2s_95gs&feature=player_embedded#!

http://revealingpolitics.com/blog/video/obama-and-nixon-singing-from-the-same-sheet-of-music/

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Oh, Markle, you are so full of it..yet again. Why do you keep throwing this crap around? You know it's crap. George H W Bush threw Tricky Dick under the bus because Nixon wasn't following the game plan. He used his CIA mouthpiece, Woodward, to "break" the news to the public...think Julius Caesar's "Et tu, Brute." And I think it's hilarious that the GOP is trying to draw the damning comparison between the President and one of their own. You'd think they'd try to compare him to Clinton or Carter.

BTW, thanks, Tricky Dick, for lying about putting an end to the Vietnam War, and for the "War on Drugs", which is a lot like the "War on Terror"...neverending.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle is desperate in his spin on the shape of things. The economy keeps improving. Consumer confidence is at a 5-year high, as reported in all major newspapers today.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-05-28/consumer-confidence-in-u-s-rises-to-highest-since-february-2008.html

What else does Markle have to go on besides sensationalizing the 'scandals' the GOP has made up? 2014 is going to be a watershed year at the rate things are going. Republicans are going to be swept from office everywhere, and have themselves to blame for the mass of defeats.

Even former Senator and 1996 GOP presidential candidate Bob Doile recently said the Republican Party needs to be"...Closed for Repairs...." LOL!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/05/26/bob-dole-gop-should-be-closed-for-repairs/

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Floridatexan wrote:
Oh, Markle, you are so full of it..yet again. Why do you keep throwing this crap around? You know it's crap. George H W Bush threw Tricky Dick under the bus because Nixon wasn't following the game plan. He used his CIA mouthpiece, Woodward, to "break" the news to the public...think Julius Caesar's "Et tu, Brute." And I think it's hilarious that the GOP is trying to draw the damning comparison between the President and one of their own. You'd think they'd try to compare him to Clinton or Carter.

BTW, thanks, Tricky Dick, for lying about putting an end to the Vietnam War, and for the "War on Drugs", which is a lot like the "War on Terror"...neverending.

That's some revisionist history right there!...So George HW Bush advising President Nixon to give it up and go was 'throwing him under the bus'?...Democrats used to love Woodward...well until he had the audacity to challange...criticize...democrats...

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:

What crap? Are the comparisons of quotations not accurate and, even you would have to admit, amusing.

"CIA mouthpiece"...I find conspiracy theorists amusing as well.

Last edited by Markle on 5/31/2013, 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Markle is desperate in his spin on the shape of things. The economy keeps improving. Consumer confidence is at a 5-year high, as reported in all major newspapers today.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-05-28/consumer-confidence-in-u-s-rises-to-highest-since-february-2008.html

What else does Markle have to go on besides sensationalizing the 'scandals' the GOP has made up? 2014 is going to be a watershed year at the rate things are going. Republicans are going to be swept from office everywhere, and have themselves to blame for the mass of defeats.

Even former Senator and 1996 GOP presidential candidate Bob Doile recently said the Republican Party needs to be"...Closed for Repairs...." LOL!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/05/26/bob-dole-gop-should-be-closed-for-repairs/

Four major scandals with a fifth coming down the pike. Which is not a major scandal...were it someone besides a Progressive in the Oval Office?

Bush was every bit the progressive as obama. From the fed holding down interest rates to the medicare prescription plan.

Progressive = Govt solutions/edicts/mandates/subsidies... the differences are much less than the similarities.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum