Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Third quarter GDP (Final Estimate): +3.5%. Donald Trump is inheriting a strong economy that is at full employment

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://mam.econoday.com/byshoweventfull.asp?fid=472146&cust=mam&year=2016&lid=0&prev=/byweek.asp#top

It's unfortunate that a republican house, senate, and executive branch is going to wreck it.

It's bad news for Americans, bad news for citizens of the world, bad news for the health of the planet.

But it's great new for republican politicians and Russia.

Third quarter GDP (Final Estimate):  +3.5%.   Donald Trump is inheriting a strong economy that is at full employment Showimage

And at least you can call BOF consistent with his posts of fake news.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Fake news?  This is third quarter GDP.   This is an objective data point.  In fact, here is a direct link to the official release from the Bureau of Economic Analysis.

https://www.bea.gov/newsreleases/national/gdp/gdpnewsrelease.htm

Real gross domestic product increased at an annual rate of 3.5 percent in the third quarter of 2016 (table 1), according to the "third" estimate released by the Bureau of Economic Analysis. In the second quarter, real GDP increased 1.4 percent.

Feel free to stand corrected.

2seaoat

It is obvious that President Obama was a very effective caretaker of our economy. Now lets hope that President Trump can build on this base. It is a rare opportunity for entitlement reform and positive change, but of course the truth is that those who do not recognize objective truth will probably guide us to disaster, but truthfully I only can hope that President Trump can come close to what President Obama accomplished. A big thumbs up to a President I did not vote for twice.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PkrBum wrote:http://www.usdebtclock.org

Post this link again in about 3.5 years so we can discuss it and your premise further...

If Trump is re-elected in 2020, we can discuss it again at this point in 2023...

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

I won't condone any further debt... period. You should know that. It's irresponsible and shortsighted.

And certainly should never be run up for political gains or to further enrich the monied elite.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PkrBum wrote:I won't condone any further debt... period. You should know that. It's irresponsible and shortsighted.

And certainly should never be run up for political gains or to further enrich the monied elite.

I wonder if Hillary Clinton's deficits would have been lower than the ones Trump is surely going to run with his tax and spending plans?

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
PkrBum wrote:I won't condone any further debt... period. You should know that. It's irresponsible and shortsighted.

I wonder if Hillary Clinton's deficits would have been lower than the ones Trump is surely going to run with his tax and spending plans?

Negligible would be my guess. The apparatus is so enormous that meaningful cuts will be hard.

boards of FL

boards of FL

I guess it's a good thing our budget is currently heading in the right direction, isn't it?   It's a good thing that we have seen the budget deficit slashed by a trillion under Obama.

It's unfortunate that regressive tax cuts and ramped up defense spending are going to reverse that trend, but this is the policy that the useful idiots in our electorate voted for, right?

2seaoat

I have a simple solution to folks that think we need larger defense budgets. Move every existing base deployment such that all fifty states have equal number of bases. Interior states would get air force and army. Great lake and ocean bound states get Navy. Shift from all traditional bases in twenty years and have equal spending for each state of federal military spending. Our war mongering years would be over as the Tammney Hall of patronage and base siting would leave the former confederacy and an end of the militarization of our society would commence as those who equate economic success with government spending in their district. Our military is too large for defense. It is simply now an oppressive offensive invader of other countries as our great grandchildren face growing debt, as military expenditures do not grow GDP, but in effect are a long term drag on the same.

boards of FL wrote:

I guess it's a good thing our budget is currently heading in the right direction, isn't it?   It's a good thing that we have seen the budget deficit slashed by a trillion under Obama.

It's unfortunate that regressive tax cuts and ramped up defense spending are going to reverse that trend, but this is the policy that the useful idiots in our electorate voted for, right?

An increasing national debt is bad... except in an emergency... I guess they skipped that in your bubble gum masters program.

How practical. The degree that keeps on giving for a looney leftist.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PkrBum wrote:An increasing national debt is bad... except in an emergency... I guess they skipped that in your bubble gum masters program.

Please tell us how the Iraq war was a national "emergency". I am sure Lame Dork poster Markle will pull up his cut-and-paste showing how a bunch of senators stated how Saddam Hussein was a grave danger to the United States....

The Iraq war was an elective war that was prosecuted very badly from the start. It cannot be colored the same way as World War II, where our very existence was threatened, requiring a total-war response by our nation.

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
PkrBum wrote:An increasing national debt is bad... except in an emergency... I guess they skipped that in your bubble gum masters program.

Please tell us how the Iraq war was a national "emergency". I am sure Lame Dork poster Markle will pull up his cut-and-paste showing how a bunch of senators stated how Saddam Hussein was a grave danger to the United States....

The Iraq war was an elective war that was prosecuted very badly from the start. It cannot be colored the same way as World War II, where our very existence was threatened, requiring a total-war response by our nation.

It wasn't an emergency you fucking idiot. How many times must I repeat myself for you to get it?

2seaoat

It wasn't an emergency you fucking idiot. How many times must I repeat myself for you to get it?

You do not repeat yourself. You say different things out of both sides of your mouth. President Bush took the wars off budget and gave the richest Americans tax breaks and watched our economy crash into a depression where he spent close to a couple trillion to stimulate the economy and back Wall Street and the big banks, yet you even now ignore who was responsible for that debt, or the money wasted on our military killing innocent civilians. You do understand if you stop working and have no revenue you create debt. You never address the revenue side, and assume all government revenues are bad. No, it is you who are not repeating yourself......just saying different things and not admitting the truth.

Let us make this simple once and for all. Are you in favor of cutting our military spending over the next decade by 25%. A simple yes or no. If it is No, then rather than pretending to repeat yourself, tell us with clarity what you propose on military spending.

I have over and over blamed bush for that and much more... and you aren't even counting the various patriot act costs. Whole depts created and expanded roles of numerous others. You just aren't smart enough to really read and register what others say. You're one of those people that are only thinking of what you can say next. That renders you an idiot too... dimwit.

2seaoat

The one thing that I am certain about is that I am not an idiot. The proof of the opposite is abundant, but let us get back to your avoidance tactics. You call z a fricking idiot, which he is not. You call me a fricking idiot, which I am not. However, you fail to answer the question of what you propose on military spending. Did you support the reduction of our military in the middle east, and do you support further reductions of our military to bring our spending down and reduce the deficit. This is not rocket science. This does not require talking out of both sides of one's mouth. It really is simple, and for your information the entire budget of your great concern about intelligence gathering branches of the government is thimble compared to the ocean of military waste and procurement in weapons systems which are not defensive, but export war.

You claim you do not support trump, but from the other side of your mouth you justify the same as an imaginary comparison to a Clinton administration. Wake up. That is no more relevant today than the billy goat curse to the cubs, and the announced position of President elect Trump is that he is going to expand military spending.....not what he promised, but regardless what is your position. Avoidance, and calling intelligent people idiots does not cut it anymore than thinking gross negligence with Hillary's emails was a crime.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

I do LOVE living rent free in your cramped mind. I also love the fear you feel when you now throw up a post knowing it is weak.

As you know, subsequent to the Act of War on 9/11/2001, President Bush's reaction stunned the terrorists.

The result of President Bush's decisive actions was that we had no further fatal Islamic Terrorist attacks on our soil...until Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama took office. Since then, they have drastically increased here and around the world.

To say this is not a threat to our country is foolish. For at least a decade, radical Islamists have had the goal of using refugees and emigration as a way to populate and take control of other countries. Please remember that it is Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama and Hillary Clinton who see nothing wrong with us potentially accepting millions of people who sincerely believe that Sharia Law takes precedence over the U.S. Constitution.

I have ceased being surprised at the lengths to which Progressives will go in their never ending effort to rewrite history. Shameful!

2seaoat

President Bush's reaction stunned the terrorists.

No argument.  I saw the video of Bin Laden laughing his asz off after the bombing began in Afghanistan as he was living in comfort in Pakistan, but he really had a hoot when America invaded a country which had nothing to do with the terrorist acts and wasted five thousand American lives and five trillion dollars.........stunned would be an understatement.    How could a nation be that stupid?   It is simple.....MIC made a profit, and special interests made huge profits and paid no taxes as America went further into debt........stunned.....too funny.

The best part folks like Mr. Markle became scardy cats......boo.....

CUT ALMOST EVERY GOVT DEPT, PROGRAM, SERVICE... ETC IN HALF.

Then see how much you can cut next year.

Why can't you remember people's positions? Is this a lifelong struggle? Or is it getting worse.

2seaoat

That is not a position. That is simply destroying government. There is no thought or priority. All government spending is not equal. Some government spending is essential. You almost child like response to an intelligent conversation about how you would prioritize military cuts in spending is not so much a matter of forgetting your position, but a recognition that you take NO positions and talk out of both sides of your mouth in regard to the function of government. Your ivory tower responses are what I would expect from Art Linkletter asking kindergarten children how government works. You are a grown man. There is no excuse. Answer a simple question which was specific. How would you handle the military budget and how do you reconcile the same with the reversal of President elect Trump. Fifty percent reductions in government spending across the board is a kindergarten response to what was hoped to be an intelligent conversation on President elect Trump's flip flop on military spending.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum