Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

At latest count of popular vote, Hillary ahead by 1.16 MILLION. Trump's mandate vanished.

+6
ZVUGKTUBM
Sal
stormwatch89
Markle
Wordslinger
2seaoat
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

No question Trump won the electoral contest. Also no question, Hillary is ahead by 1.16 popular votes.

Trump keeps bragging the American people spoke and he was elected.

But like his advisors and supporters, Trump is not noted for truth telling.

Markle

Markle

Once again Progressives DEMAND that a few areas run the entire country for all because, of course, they know best.

At latest count of popular vote, Hillary ahead by 1.16 MILLION.  Trump's mandate vanished.    Counties%20voting%20for%20Trump_zpsqtgegkfc

2seaoat

I won the election in sixth grade to be class President. I could see Mr. Markle taking the election to the auditorium at the high school and spreading our 30 students out throughout the auditorium. I won 16 to 14, and my voters sat in the front row. The 14 votes for my opponent spread across the auditorium among the empty seats where NO students or voters existed. Mr. Markle would show the map as to how I got trounced, yet I won. I personally am in favor of keeping the electoral college, but it is too funny to think that people can be replaced by empty space to make a point that popular vote does not count. The truth is that Hillary won the popular vote, not by a little, but it is appearing to be quite a significant amount, but like the empty seats in the auditorium or vacant land in the country......it is irrelevant because the electoral college chooses our President, and it has worked great for hundreds of years.

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:I won the election in sixth grade to be class President.  I could see Mr. Markle taking the election to the auditorium at the high school and spreading our 30 students out throughout the auditorium.   I won 16 to 14, and my voters sat in the front row.   The 14 votes for my opponent spread across the auditorium among the empty seats where NO students or voters existed.   Mr. Markle would show the map as to how I got trounced, yet I won.   I personally am in favor of keeping the electoral college, but it is too funny to think that people can be replaced by empty space to make a point that popular vote does not count.  The truth is that Hillary won the popular vote, not by a little, but it is appearing to be quite a significant amount, but like the empty seats in the auditorium or vacant land in the country......it is irrelevant because the electoral college chooses our President, and it has worked great for hundreds of years.

Your analogy is convoluted and ass-backward.

The correct analogy would be that tightly clustered groups of students numbering 40 on either side of the auditorium voted for you.

Students numbering 20 spread throughout the entire auditorium voted for Markle.

His argument is that because his voters took up more space, he wins.

Unless you can make a case for why the tightly clustered students' votes should count less than the spread out students, you're making a case against the electoral college.

2seaoat

My argument was succinct and correct. The electoral college works. It allows states to have meaning, and it does not allow a simple popular vote to control making folks in small states irrelevant. I believe our founding fathers were correct in their concern of protecting states and their autonomy in a constitutional system. If we were simply a federal system without states, I agree the popular vote should control. In regard to the auditorium analogy....ok....some of my voters sat at the front, and some at the back and in between were empty seats and a few of my opponent's voters. I fully understand that Hillary seems to have a significant victory in popular vote and folks pointing to the empty seats over the vast area of the auditorium is bone chilling stupid.

However, I do not think our senate as currently constituted was what was intended by our founding fathers when at the time of the constitution 95% of Americans made their living from an agrarian economy. The states were rural and similarly balanced with only 13 states. The problems started when granting new statehood to large empty geographic areas of our country, while other areas became urbanized and densely populated. The idea of protecting states in our constitutional system is becoming more and more bastardized as relatively small states disenfranchise large population centers.

The electoral college may be off by a million or two in the popular vote, but the senate is off almost fifty million by population......or 15 to 20%, not a 1 or 2% error. We need to look at the senate.

The Senate wasn't bastardized enough?

2seaoat

The Senate wasn't bastardized enough?

Well it is that, or divide the large population states into smaller states. Texas 3 states, California 4 states, ny 3 states, and some of the larger states into 2 states........or cut a state based on population to one senator instead of 2.

Montana with two senators even compared to Florida or Illinois is insane.

Markle

Markle

Y'all lost.

Get over it!

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:Y'all lost.

Get over it!

Not while any of us human beings can still draw breath, or until Trump and all who support him can't.

Any word from Jesus and the lightning maker yet?

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Get over it!

Perfect! We've tried the "change" for 8 dismal years...FAIL.

Let us try a new direction.

We vote, we win, we lose...we don't throw violent tantrums.

We are, above all, one country.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I am willing to give President Trump a chance--until he F's-up big time, and then he gets no quarter.... His ALT Right advisors will likely be criticized from Day 1, but hey, it is their chance to make things happen. It is much easier to publish crapola in Breitbart than to actually make something work in the real world. The real world will be watching....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sal

Sal

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I am willing to give President Trump a chance--

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I am willing to give President Trump a chance--until he F's-up big time, and then he gets no quarter.... His ALT Right advisors will likely be criticized from Day 1, but hey, it is their chance to make things happen. It is much easier to publish crapola in Breitbart than to actually make something work in the real world. The real world will be watching....

Strange you sure didn't seem to be that way with Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama but, no matter.

President Trump is a master at hiring top notch people for the job. He seems to be picking an excellent mix of people to surround him and be his closest advisors. He has chosen people who can mix and move easily in the House and Senate. Pense is already there meeting with all their leaders.

His closest advisors are one, someone from Washington who can move and get things done with sweet talk and politics. Another who can kick ass and take names.

At latest count of popular vote, Hillary ahead by 1.16 MILLION.  Trump's mandate vanished.    Ae1348da-d2ce-4ee1-96e3-a4e1bc8a8bc7_zpsixan1hx8

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Agree with you both, Z and Markle.

Let's do give him a chance and I personally am awed at the caliber of people he is enlisting. That was my hope. Trump, alone is kinda a jerk, but he has business sense and hopefully will utilize that to the best he can.

What confuses me is that people here have been complaining for years about lobbyists and special interests where Trump is trying to "clear the swamp", yet some are not willing to open their minds to the change.

Z, we will be watching, for sure, but yes, let's be a bit open minded, for a change.

2seaoat

I probably have the largest distaste for Donald Trump the man, than anybody on this forum. However, Donald Trump my President will get my respect. You never see posts where I used Obama or Bush when addressing them. I always said President Obama and President Bush. I will extend the same courtesy to President Trump. I thought the folks who attacked President Bush and President Obama personally were disrespectful of the office. I voted for President Bush, and I did not vote for President Obama. I was wrong on both cases. I voted for my first Democratic Presidential Candidate in Hillary Clinton who clearly was the most qualified, but I could be as wrong about President Trump as I was with President Bush and President Obama.

I have zero tolerance for corruption, silver spoons, racism, and fascism driven propaganda. I have zero tolerance for ignorance. I did not lose the election. Hillary lost. The question remains did America lose. Based on my history of voting and being wrong, I suspect that we will see meaningful entitlement reform, and we will see the racism which was manipulated to get elected downplayed. The only remaining issue in my mind will be how much of America will be stolen with further reductions in revenue while giving subsidy to the wealthy while running up the debt. I supported Ronald Reagan and voted for him twice, and like my opposition to Bill Clinton, my support of Ronald Reagan in domestic historical context was a mistake. So lets hope I have made a mistake once again.

Oh, and I will wait patiently for somebody to lock Hillary Clinton up. It will never happen. There never was a crime, and please spend another twenty million on a special prosecutor to try to prove a crime was committed. There never was a crime, just ignorant people who were duped by propaganda.......but I wait for that conviction and health care being fixed by the new majority.....promises....promises....promises.

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:I probably have the largest distaste for Donald Trump the man, than anybody on this forum.  However, Donald Trump my President will get my respect.  You never see posts where I used Obama or Bush when addressing them.  I always said President Obama and President Bush.  I will extend the same courtesy to President Trump.  I thought the folks who attacked President Bush and President Obama personally were disrespectful of the office.   I voted for President Bush, and I did not vote for President Obama.  I was wrong on both cases.  I voted for my first Democratic Presidential Candidate in Hillary Clinton who clearly was the most qualified, but I could be as wrong about President Trump as I was with President Bush and President Obama.

I have zero tolerance for corruption, silver spoons, racism, and fascism driven propaganda.  I have zero tolerance for ignorance.   I did not lose the election.  Hillary lost.   The question remains did America lose.  Based on my history of voting and being wrong, I suspect that we will see meaningful entitlement reform, and we will see the racism which was manipulated to get elected downplayed.   The only remaining issue in my mind will be how much of America will be stolen with further reductions in revenue while giving subsidy to the wealthy while running up the debt.   I supported Ronald Reagan and voted for him twice, and like my opposition to Bill Clinton, my support of Ronald Reagan in domestic historical context was a mistake.   So lets hope I have made a mistake once again.

Oh, and I will wait patiently for somebody to lock Hillary Clinton up.  It will never happen.   There never was a crime, and please spend another twenty million on a special prosecutor to try to prove a crime was committed.   There never was a crime, just ignorant people who were duped by propaganda.......but I wait for that conviction and health care being fixed by the new majority.....promises....promises....promises.

Yes, yes ... let's be respectful.

Meanwhile, the Trumpster Fire is considering Rick Scott for secretary of health and human services ...

... that would be the same Rick Scott who was responsible for the largest Medicare fraud in U.S. history.

It's rumored that Trump will next pardon Bernie Maddoff to interview him for head of the Securities and Exchange Commission.

2seaoat wrote:I have zero tolerance for corruption

Rolling Eyes

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

stormwatch89 wrote:

Get over it!

Perfect!  We've tried the "change" for 8 dismal years...FAIL.

Let us try a new direction.

We vote, we win, we lose...we don't throw violent tantrums.

We are, above all, one country.

If you want to sing Kumbaya with the KKK and American Nazi Party, please don't count me in.

Wordslinger wrote:No question Trump won the electoral contest.  Also no question, Hillary is ahead by 1.16 popular votes.  

Subtract 3,ooo,000 illegal immigrant votes.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Tellthetruth wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:No question Trump won the electoral contest.  Also no question, Hillary is ahead by 1.16 popular votes.  

You lying sack of shit. There is no evidence that even 1,000 illegals voted ... but true to your history in this forum, truth never meant a damn to you. Trump is lucky you're on his side ....

2seaoat

It is a bit funny that the popular vote means nothing in electing a President, but the fascist are quite upset about losing the same. You won.....quit whining and making chit up. Americans for the most part......at least a million votes voted for a criminal. Now I wait in tense anticipation for the trial which puts Hillary in Jail.....never will happen, nor will the fact she trounced President Trump in the popular vote change or be excused.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Tellthetruth wrote:

Liar!

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

stormwatch89 wrote:Z, we will be watching, for sure, but yes, let's be a bit open minded, for a change.

That's my plan, for now.....

It is easy to rant and rave about how bad things are, and much harder to make your platform work. Hard Right Republicans are now in the drivers seat. They need to perform without excuses. We'll know before long whether their ideas work. Criticism is valid in America. The hard right will need to make room for criticism, regardless whether they feel it is warranted or not. They will be given the same scrutiny that they gave progressives during the Obama years and will be awarded the same amount of slack. The world will be watching them closely.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

2seaoat wrote:I probably have the largest distaste for Donald Trump the man, than anybody on this forum.  However, Donald Trump my President will get my respect.  You never see posts where I used Obama or Bush when addressing them.  I always said President Obama and President Bush.  I will extend the same courtesy to President Trump.  I thought the folks who attacked President Bush and President Obama personally were disrespectful of the office.   I voted for President Bush, and I did not vote for President Obama.  I was wrong on both cases.  I voted for my first Democratic Presidential Candidate in Hillary Clinton who clearly was the most qualified, but I could be as wrong about President Trump as I was with President Bush and President Obama.

I have zero tolerance for corruption, silver spoons, racism, and fascism driven propaganda.  I have zero tolerance for ignorance.   I did not lose the election.  Hillary lost.   The question remains did America lose.  Based on my history of voting and being wrong, I suspect that we will see meaningful entitlement reform, and we will see the racism which was manipulated to get elected downplayed.   The only remaining issue in my mind will be how much of America will be stolen with further reductions in revenue while giving subsidy to the wealthy while running up the debt.   I supported Ronald Reagan and voted for him twice, and like my opposition to Bill Clinton, my support of Ronald Reagan in domestic historical context was a mistake.   So lets hope I have made a mistake once again.

Oh, and I will wait patiently for somebody to lock Hillary Clinton up.  It will never happen.   There never was a crime, and please spend another twenty million on a special prosecutor to try to prove a crime was committed.   There never was a crime, just ignorant people who were duped by propaganda.......but I wait for that conviction and health care being fixed by the new majority.....promises....promises....promises.

I don't think Trump has shown any respect to the American people or to the country or to the office of President. He has not acted in good faith to observe many of the traditions surrounding the office he has won. (tax returns, medical report)

He flaunts his position, brags and exaggerates accomplishments and generally acts in a brash and brutish manner. He is so tacky I can't believe it. He will have to do a 180 in behavior and cooperation before he can climb out of the respect hole he has dug himself into.

I can respect the office but not the person until they earn it. That's just me.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

It's not as if he is a blank slate. He didn't just appear after the election. He has defined himself.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum