Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clinton's lead in the popular vote surpasses one million

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/clinton-popular-vote-trump-2016-election-231434

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/clinton-popular-vote-trump-2016-election-231434

America fully realizes that Progressives consider their ideas and beliefs to be the only valid ones in the world.  Unfortunately for them, there are another FORTY STATES in the country.

Progressives demand that we limit voting to the blue areas on this map.

Clinton's lead in the popular vote surpasses one million Counties%20voting%20for%20Trump_zpsqtgegkfc

Keep in mind how Progressives have howled in anger and labeled Republican victories are due to gerrymandering when they demand it be done on a nationwide basis!

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/2016-election/how-election-maps-lie/

Election maps are telling you big lies about small things

In 2012, about the same number of votes were cast in these 160 counties as were cast in the rest of the country. But, your run-of-the-mill election map won't show you that.

Clinton's lead in the popular vote surpasses one million County-comparison-980

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/clinton-popular-vote-trump-2016-election-231434

America fully realizes that Progressives consider their ideas and beliefs to be the only valid ones in the world.  Unfortunately for them, there are another FORTY STATES in the country.

Progressives demand that we limit voting to the blue areas on this map.

Clinton's lead in the popular vote surpasses one million Counties%20voting%20for%20Trump_zpsqtgegkfc

Keep in mind how Progressives have howled in anger and labeled Republican victories are due to gerrymandering when they demand it be done on a nationwide basis!

This is the exact same post - word for word - that you used in a separate thread.  What's weird is that I replied to you and you ran away.  Why on earth would you want to restart the very same conversation- word for word - that you have already ran away from?  
I guess I'll just copy-and-paste my original response - word for word - back to you.  Here it is:

I never put forth the idea that only blue areas of that map should be allowed to vote.   Let me dumb this down for you a bit, Ole Man Markle.   I think we should count the votes of that entire map equally.  Now, are you able to provide any rational argument for why we shouldn't count the votes of that entire map equally?  No one else has been able to provide one as of yet.  Perhaps you can.  

Wait, uh...wait.  Where is he going?

Clinton's lead in the popular vote surpasses one million Osghxszplzt_xaqttdx3scvq83s

2seaoat

I think the electoral college gave certain protections to smaller states who were reluctant to be absorbed by the power of larger states. It was logical at the time, and has actually worked pretty good over our history.

The biggest problem I personally see is the senate. When a state like California has only two senators and Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, North Dakota, and south Dakota have ten senators and not even a quarter of the population of the state of California the people of this country can have the extracting industries take over those states like they have throughout their histories and control the country. The electoral college is not a big deal, but America is way out of balance in the senate as to reflecting the country's population.

The Senate should revert to state appointment... w term limit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum