Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Boomers are a sick lot and failing fast....and you thought modern medicine was good for you....

+3
Hospital Bob
ZVUGKTUBM
TEOTWAWKI
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/10/01/study-baby-boomers-health-very-poor-getting-worse/

Obesity among baby boomers is more than double the rate of their parents at the same age, and boomers with three or more chronic conditions was 700 percent greater than the previous generation.

Professor Graeme Hugo from the University of Adelaide said the findings were alarming and evidence that new public policies were needed.

“We have to do something now in terms of reducing obesity as a risk factor if we’re going to manage health costs into the future, but I think more importantly if baby boomers are going to be able to lead active and productive lives in their later years,” he told ABC.

Seventy-six million American children were born between 1945 and 1964, representing a population that is significant on account of its size alone.

Here because I care...

Eat less

Eat like a caveman

stay away from carbs and grains

Stay away from Doctors

take supplements.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/10/01/study-baby-boomers-health-very-poor-getting-worse/

Obesity among baby boomers is more than double the rate of their parents at the same age, and boomers with three or more chronic conditions was 700 percent greater than the previous generation.

Professor Graeme Hugo from the University of Adelaide said the findings were alarming and evidence that new public policies were needed.

“We have to do something now in terms of reducing obesity as a risk factor if we’re going to manage health costs into the future, but I think more importantly if baby boomers are going to be able to lead active and productive lives in their later years,” he told ABC.

Seventy-six million American children were born between 1945 and 1964, representing a population that is significant on account of its size alone.

Here because I care...

Eat less
Eat like a caveman

stay away from carbs and grains

Stay away from Doctors

take supplements.

I only eat two meals a day now, and my wife is always trying to get me to eat more.... I gotta have some chocolate every day; is that bad for ya?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I agree that Americans are overweight, have bad eating habits, and don't exercise.
But I'm not sure how that's the fault of doctors or "modern medicine". No doctor I have ever had has tried to get me to eat wrong, get fat and stop exercising.

I have to agree on the doctors..............except the ones that are trying to keep me from going blind,,,,,,,,and the one that got lucky and cured my "shingles"..............or the one that saved my Daughters life ..........or the one the set my broken hand.......and stitched up my head.....

2seaoat

Doctor's make mistakes, but it really is a game of probabilities....If I played poker on a whim or the belief that a king is higher than an ace.....well I am going to lose. If a person starts with the proposition that doctors are bad....they will lose. Life expectancy today is longer than my parents life expectancy. Go to your local gas station. Look what is filling the shelves. It is poison. However, Americans are historically a rebellious and independent thinking people......we will smoke, drink, and eat what we want. The result is a lot of extra weight. I am twenty pounds heavier than I was as a college freshman. I personally am not worried about the babyboomers. I remember in fourth grade that maybe one or two kids were chunky....that same class today has half the class which is chunky. Obesity is a ticking time bomb, but when the folks who sell food make huge profits on poison, and that poison is addictive.......we need to focus on pot and spend trillions on keeping those folks in prison, while our hospitals fill up with chronic diseases which are directly linked to obesity......we need to connect the dots, and yes there are policies which can assess the real costs of poisons which are sold and have a harmful impact on the nation's health.........Tax Pot........Tax Twinkies.....stop the war on drugs.........start the war on obesity.

knothead

knothead

I'm going for a walk . . . .

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:I agree that Americans are overweight, have bad eating habits, and don't exercise.
But I'm not sure how that's the fault of doctors or "modern medicine". No doctor I have ever had has tried to get me to eat wrong, get fat and stop exercising.

Oh it wasn't doctors gave you this upside down mixed up POS ? Grains are some of the worse things you can eat. Carbs make you fat.

Boomers are a sick lot and failing fast....and you thought modern medicine was good for you.... 50009410

My wife figured out that one of my big tumblers (a 32 oz. handled mug) of Margaritas is 700 calories. I guess I will die overweight...

But, I only have ONE drink Razz Razz

The guy on the left was a great friend. He refused to go to the doctor when he had pneumonia. Ten years ago they found his body on his couch... age 50.

Boomers are a sick lot and failing fast....and you thought modern medicine was good for you.... Steve_10

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I guess there needs to be a disclaimer on my post. If you are bleeding out, have a nail in your forehead, gunshot wound, have a broken leg or coughing up blood..see a Doctor.

The trick is to burn more calories that one takes in. I eat what I want in the amounts that I want and I still weigh about the same as I did in college. I complete a strenuous workout every day.

Obesity in this country can be attributed to nothing more than laziness, pure and simple. If these folks would get their lazy asses off the couch and from in front of the TV/Video games and take responsibility for the own actions obesity would not be running rampant as it is, health issues notwithstanding. We can sit here all day and blame the food, but when the rubber meets the road, it boils down to nothing more than personal responsibility and laziness.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

It can become a vicious circle...the crap from McDonalds is full of excitotoxins and sugars which drive your insulin levels crazy and makes you so tired you don't want to work out....rinse and repeat...

TEOTWAWKI wrote:It can become a vicious circle...the crap from McDonalds is full of excitotoxins and sugars which drive your insulin levels crazy and makes you so tired you don't want to work out....rinse and repeat...

Maybe to some folks, but not this one. I stopped at McDonald's on Saturday and then worked out later that day. Like I said unless I am really feeling bad I work out every day of the week. It is an automatic thing for me.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:It can become a vicious circle...the crap from McDonalds is full of excitotoxins and sugars which drive your insulin levels crazy and makes you so tired you don't want to work out....rinse and repeat...

Maybe to some folks, but not this one. I stopped at McDonald's on Saturday and then worked out later that day. Like I said unless I am really feeling bad I work out every day of the week. It is an automatic thing for me.

Well some people just work at a desk and don't get much exercise. Once the downward spiral starts it's hard for them to reverse it. Fast food tastes great but lacks nourishment. We all have different life circumstances that have shaped us mentally and physically. Sounds like you should find some poor desk jockey and inspire him to workout with you....you might save a life or at least give someone a life worth living...

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

Well some people just work at a desk and don't get much exercise. Once the downward spiral starts it's hard for them to reverse it. Fast food tastes great but lacks nourishment. We all have different life circumstances that have shaped us mentally and physically. Sounds like you should find some poor desk jockey and inspire him to workout with you....you might save a life or at least give someone a life worth living...

Well my friend, you are talking with a desk jockey. My job includes sitting at a desk, but I find time to work out. I also have a workout partner, my wife.

no stress

no stress

Boomers are a sick lot and failing fast....and you thought modern medicine was good for you.... 54722910

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

Well my friend, you are talking with a desk jockey. My job includes sitting at a desk, but I find time to work out. I also have a workout partner, my wife.

Balance in all things, sounds like you have achieved it.

Looks like you already saved a desk Jockey's life...your own.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Balance in all things, sounds like you have achieved it.

Looks like you already saved a desk Jockey's life...your own.

I'll be the first to admit that it wasn't easy and definitely not without sacrifice.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I guess there needs to be a disclaimer on my post. If you are bleeding out, have a nail in your forehead, gunshot wound, have a broken leg or coughing up blood..see a Doctor.

Or if you have an erection lasting more than four hours.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum