Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump Picks Top Climate Skeptic to Lead EPA Transition

+6
ZVUGKTUBM
VectorMan
RealLindaL
Sal
Markle
boards of FL
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

VectorMan wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
VectorMan wrote:When there are scientists that tell lies about the data collected proving global warming - they no longer have credibility and aren't believed.

Speaking of credibility -- how about your own?  How about EDUCATING yourself on your own DEBUNKED conspiracy theories for a change, so you don't sound so totally ignorant??  Here's just a start.  If you refuse to read it, don't bother posting your "lies" crap from your right wing rags any more.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming_conspiracy_theory

Aside from the consensus of all the world's best and greatest scientists, just try using common sense for a change.   Picture the world spewing crapola into the atmosphere from the time you were old enough to recognize a smokestack or an exhaust pipe, multiply it umpteen, untold times by every vehicle and industry in the world, day after day, year after year, decade after decade - picture China's huge and murky skies, more recently thrown in -- and do  you truly believe that mankind could get away with spewing such pollution for centuries and not see the planet suffer any ill effects whatsoever?  Do you think the Earth has some type of automatic atmospheric washing machine?  Well, it just doesn't!   The future of this planet is in mortal danger and those who bury heads in the sand, not wanting to accept the facts, are making a very grave mistake for which their progeny will rightfully vilify them, if they're still alive to do so.

Typical liberal BS. Someone doesn't agree with you then they're uneducated. Talk about "crap". Did you know those climate change "scientists" have access to wikipedia, and the like, to publish what they want heard?

I'll post whatever I damn well please. Unless I'm banned. Then I won't be able to post anything. But, what I do post doesn't mean you have to read it. So take a hike sister. You're just another fake liberal.

Come on give us some facts ... is it true you're taking Tellthetruth to the prom?

E
boards of FL wrote:https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/trump-picks-top-climate-skeptic-to-lead-epa-transition/

I want you all to think about this for a second.  Donald Trump has selected a climate change denier to lead his EPA transition team.  The organization that is tasked with protecting the environment is going to be guided by a guy who simply doesn't believe in climate change, which is a phenomenon that enjoys the consensus of every reputable scientific organization on the planet.
Reputable scientists ? You mean the ones found to have fudged the data are considered reputable ?

knothead

knothead

Meanwhile, back to the thread topic I can only say that the fox is in the hen house.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Tellthetruth wrote:E
boards of FL wrote:https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/trump-picks-top-climate-skeptic-to-lead-epa-transition/

I want you all to think about this for a second.  Donald Trump has selected a climate change denier to lead his EPA transition team.  The organization that is tasked with protecting the environment is going to be guided by a guy who simply doesn't believe in climate change, which is a phenomenon that enjoys the consensus of every reputable scientific organization on the planet.
Reputable scientists ? You mean the ones found to have fudged the data are considered reputable ?

And you're making the claim that the majority of scientists who swear global warming -- boosted by our burning of fossil fuels -- fudged their data? Well it figures, since we're sure that virtually every one pretending to be a climate expert is on Exxon-Mobil's payroll. Just like we're sure that EVERY Trump supporter is a white Christian racist bigot.

I'm sure we're both right .... aren't you? LOL

Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:Consider: Global Warming is a major issue to millions of young people, from high school students through university.  It's also an important issue to Bernie's followers and the majority of democrats.

Why do you suppose that is?

Because the overwhelming majority of climate scientists believe global warming is real and we're aggravating the situation by burning fossil fuels.  

Why are you deniers so dedicated to burning fossil fuels?  What's the great environmental advantage to pumping carbon dioxide into the atmosphere?  

The climate has been generally warming for 12k years... ever since there were mile high glaciers sitting on our northern states. Imagine that for a moment... a mile high. We're very fortunate as a species for this relatively stable period. Given a choice... warming is better than cooling for humans.

But back to the question.

Man made global warming is being taught. It's no surprise that it's now a core belief. You can teach young minds anything you wish... and without full context or dissent... it's all they'll know... unquestioning.

Telstar

Telstar

PkrBum wrote:But back to the question.

Man made global warming is being taught. It's no surprise that it's now a core belief. You can teach young minds anything you wish... and without full context or dissent... it's all they'll know... unquestioning.

Yup, America needs more clear minded teachers, like pissy dawg.

Trump Picks Top Climate Skeptic to Lead EPA Transition - Page 2 Df926b13

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I for one am all for the full development and implementation of the most promising alternative energy forms. Those would be wind, solar, and eventually cold-fusion reactors. The world needs these because fossil-fuels will one day run-out, and I do not want to see future petroleum wars for what remains available.

These developments will require continued use of fossil fuels for most of the rest of this century, though they will gradually be supplanted over time. We will never be without a market for oil. It has too many uses beyond burning it for fuel, which one day will be considered a wasteful use of it. So, there will always be drilling, fracking, pipelines, tankers, etc.

The internal combustion engine will become as obsolete as the steam engine before 2100 gets here. The electromagnetic spectrum will be tapped to power the future—you see the beginnings of this now, with the burgeoning advent of electric cars. There is more to come here, for sure.

So, I see a future where fossil fuels will not be primarily burned to provide energy for the modern world. I just do not believe that the United States needs to submit its sovereignty to the dictates of a world governing body because of the Earth’s climate.  The movement behind this seeks to control every aspect of your life, down to what you can eat and where you can live. It is trying to interject itself into issues that have nothing to do with controlling the Earth’s climate. These are some of the major things that bother me about this movement.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

boards of FL

boards of FL

Tellthetruth wrote:E

Every single reputable scientific organization on the planet agrees that anthropocentric global warming exists. 100% unanimous. All of them.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Pay attention: If we believers in Global Warming are wrong, everyone still gets cleaner and cheaper energy.

If you non-believers are wrong, everyone will suffer and the only question then is how much?

So why the fuck should we listen to Exxon Mobil and all the scientists they pay to say what the hell they authorize to be said?

Telstar

Telstar

Wordslinger wrote:Pay attention:  If we believers in Global Warming are wrong, everyone still gets cleaner and cheaper energy.

If you non-believers are wrong, everyone will suffer and the only question then is how much?

So why the fuck should we listen to Exxon Mobil and all the scientists they pay to say what the hell they authorize to be said?

Was there ever a time when they didn't knuckle under to big corporations Words? They are so bright and shiny...oohhh.

RealLindaL

Wordslinger wrote:Earthquakes, tainted poisonous aquifers from fracking, tons of exhaust from burning gas, oil, and coal.  Will any of you climate deniers please let us know why you are boosting increased fossil fuel usage?  Anyone?

They won't answer because they know it's all about money. and they know that's not a valid reason to chance trashing the planet, but they can't help themselves.

We are doomed.

We'll begin using alternative sources of energy naturally as the technology improves and oil dwindles.

Take a few deep breaths... it's going to be ok. Unless Yellowstone blows and we have a volcanic winter.

Markle

Markle

Trump Picks Top Climate Skeptic to Lead EPA Transition - Page 2 5820720DEGREES_zps9csicgu7

RealLindaL

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:The movement behind this seeks to control every aspect of your life, down to what you can eat and where you can live. It is trying to interject itself into issues that have nothing to do with controlling the Earth’s climate. These are some of the major things that bother me about this movement.

Pretty strong statement.   Evidence?  Sourcing?

RealLindaL

knothead wrote:Meanwhile, back to the thread topic I can only say that the fox is in the hen house.

Shaping up to be LOTS of foxes in the Trump hen house. Stay tuned.

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:We'll begin using alternative sources of energy naturally as the technology improves and oil dwindles.

Technology is improving rapidly only because the world finally recognized it HAD to do something, and fast.

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:Take a few deep breaths... it's going to be ok. Unless Yellowstone blows and we have a volcanic winter.

Or unless Trump gets us into a nuclear war, which somehow seems more likely at the moment than the Yellowstone cap's blowing.

Markle

Markle

RealLindaL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:We'll begin using alternative sources of energy naturally as the technology improves and oil dwindles.

Technology is improving rapidly only because the world finally recognized it HAD to do something, and fast.

Technology advances because there is a PROFIT to be made.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

Technology advances because there is a PROFIT to be made.

No argument at all with your last statement. You're absolutely right. Considering that there's big, big money to be made in alternative forms of clean energy, continuing to use fossil fuels as the major source is stupid from an ecological perspective and from an earnings view as well. How do we use our need for clean energy to dramatically improve employment numbers in green energy manufacturing?

Reality.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum