Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump Picks Top Climate Skeptic to Lead EPA Transition

+6
ZVUGKTUBM
VectorMan
RealLindaL
Sal
Markle
boards of FL
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

boards of FL

boards of FL

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/trump-picks-top-climate-skeptic-to-lead-epa-transition/

I want you all to think about this for a second.  Donald Trump has selected a climate change denier to lead his EPA transition team.  The organization that is tasked with protecting the environment is going to be guided by a guy who simply doesn't believe in climate change, which is a phenomenon that enjoys the consensus of every reputable scientific organization on the planet.

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/trump-picks-top-climate-skeptic-to-lead-epa-transition/

I want you all to think about this for a second.  Donald Trump has selected a climate change denier to lead his EPA transition team.  The organization that is tasked with protecting the environment is going to be guided by a guy who simply doesn't believe in climate change, which is a phenomenon that enjoys the consensus of every reputable scientific organization on the planet.

It is great to see that the world is finally going to have a leader that does NOT buy into the scam that is Global Warming and will force the truth to be seen and heard.

Sal

Sal

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-climatechange-accord-idUSKBN1370JX

RealLindaL

This is nothing less than purely horrifying.

Too bad that Markle and other deniers can't be around to see the results of their completely irresponsible, head-in-the-sand attitude. Their progeny surely will be around -- until they aren't.

Sal

Sal

This will be more than enough to cement his legacy as history's worst U.S. President, and he hasn't even been inaugurated yet.

RealLindaL

Sal wrote:This will be more than enough to cement his legacy as history's worst U.S. President, and he hasn't even been inaugurated yet.

Absolutely agree. This an egregious crime against the planet and all its inhabitants.

RealLindaL

Sal check your PM's, please.

Markle

Markle

RealLindaL wrote:This is nothing less than purely horrifying.  

Too bad that Markle and other deniers can't be around to see the results of their completely irresponsible, head-in-the-sand attitude.  Their progeny surely will be around -- until they aren't.

Trump Picks Top Climate Skeptic to Lead EPA Transition 2b3bd2d8-b441-4752-8eb8-507c42258dfd_zpsj1rm6poi

VectorMan

VectorMan

When there are scientists that tell lies about the data collected proving global warming - they no longer have credibility and aren't believed. Pretty simple concept. Then again, liberals don't care when some one lies to them if it's to their benefit. If I've seen it once I've seen it a thousand times. Carry on and thank you President Elect Trump.

RealLindaL

VectorMan wrote:When there are scientists that tell lies about the data collected proving global warming - they no longer have credibility and aren't believed.

Speaking of credibility -- how about your own?  How about EDUCATING yourself on your own DEBUNKED conspiracy theories for a change, so you don't sound so totally ignorant??  Here's just a start.  If you refuse to read it, don't bother posting your "lies" crap from your right wing rags any more.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming_conspiracy_theory

Aside from the consensus of all the world's best and greatest scientists, just try using common sense for a change.   Picture the world spewing crapola into the atmosphere from the time you were old enough to recognize a smokestack or an exhaust pipe, multiply it umpteen, untold times by every vehicle and industry in the world, day after day, year after year, decade after decade - picture China's huge and murky skies, more recently thrown in -- and do  you truly believe that mankind could get away with spewing such pollution for centuries and not see the planet suffer any ill effects whatsoever?  Do you think the Earth has some type of automatic atmospheric washing machine?  Well, it just doesn't!   The future of this planet is in mortal danger and those who bury heads in the sand, not wanting to accept the facts, are making a very grave mistake for which their progeny will rightfully vilify them, if they're still alive to do so.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Well, Markle accused me of being a "far-left liberal" last week when I said I was really a political moderate. Being really a moderate, I will state that I am one of the 3% of scientists who are skeptical about climate change.

If this movement were not so politically-charged, I might give it more credibility, but the social controls it wants to impose on mankind go way beyond stemming global warming.

I do not believe that Linda's home on Pensacola Beach will be flooded-out by 2030 if we do not summarily end fossil fuel use today, which is what the most ardent climate change proponents are demanding.

I expect to be attacked 3 seconds after I make this post, but I am big enough to take it........
Shocked

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Real science hasn't orchestrated a campaign against opposition since the pope oversaw it.

Markle

Markle

VectorMan wrote:When there are scientists that tell lies about the data collected proving global warming - they no longer have credibility and aren't believed. Pretty simple concept. Then again, liberals don't care when some one lies to them if it's to their benefit. If I've seen it once I've seen it a thousand times. Carry on and thank you President Elect Trump.

Excellent, very well put.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Well, Markle accused me of being a "far-left liberal" last week when I said I was really a political moderate. Being really a moderate, I will state that I am one of the 3% of scientists who are skeptical about climate change.

If this movement were not so politically-charged, I might give it more credibility, but the social controls it wants to impose on mankind go way beyond stemming global warming.

I do not believe that Linda's home on Pensacola Beach will be flooded-out by 2030 if we do not summarily end fossil fuel use today, which is what the most ardent climate change proponents are demanding.

I expect to be attacked 3 seconds after I make this post, but I am big enough to take it........
Shocked

WOW...please accept my apologies!

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Consider: Whether the threat of Global Warming is real or not, it's a major issue to millions of young people, from high school students through university.  It's also an important issue to Bernie's followers and the majority of democrats.

Trumps administration will be a horrendous failure UNLESS he can truly bring the left and right together enough to produce collaborative legislation.  By choosing the infamous climate denier to manage the environment, Trump is giving the finger to the very folks who are now protesting his election on a nightly basis.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but do you think Trump can be successful if half the country wants him dead? What's to be gained by abusing the opposition?

Wordslinger wrote:Consider: Global Warming is a major issue to millions of young people, from high school students through university.  It's also an important issue to Bernie's followers and the majority of democrats.

Why do you suppose that is?

Markle

Markle

RealLindaL wrote:
VectorMan wrote:When there are scientists that tell lies about the data collected proving global warming - they no longer have credibility and aren't believed.

Speaking of credibility -- how about your own?  How about EDUCATING yourself on your own DEBUNKED conspiracy theories for a change, so you don't sound so totally ignorant??  Here's just a start.  If you refuse to read it, don't bother posting your "lies" crap from your right wing rags any more.

Aside from the consensus of all the world's best and greatest scientists, just try using common sense for a change.   Picture the world spewing crapola into the atmosphere from the time you were old enough to recognize a smokestack or an exhaust pipe, multiply it umpteen, untold times by every vehicle and industry in the world, day after day, year after year, decade after decade - picture China's huge and murky skies, more recently thrown in -- and do  you truly believe that mankind could get away with spewing such pollution for centuries and not see the planet suffer any ill effects whatsoever?  Do you think the Earth has some type of automatic atmospheric washing machine?  Well, it just doesn't!   The future of this planet is in mortal danger and those who bury heads in the sand, not wanting to accept the facts, are making a very grave mistake for which their progeny will rightfully vilify them, if they're still alive to do so.

COMMON SENSE SHOULD dictates to the vast majority of people that saying ALL THE BEST AND GREATEST SCIENTISTS have a consensus on ANYTHING is simply foolish!

EVEN YOU would agree that getting 100 people of ANY description could agree on the color of the sky.

Below there is an article addressing the credibility of the Global Warming sham.

This information and more has been confirmed six ways to Sunday.  So if you're going to dispute the information, you'll have to do it without disputing the FACTS.  GOOD LUCK!

If you refuse to read the entire article, and follow it up yourself, please don't continue to cry ignorance. You can lead a horse to water....

As you know, Professor Phil Jones was the center of the Global Warming Scam at East Anglia University.  Their program was considered the epitome of Global Warming Information.  The disclosure of thousands of e-mails proving their efforts to conceal information discredit and even prevent opposing views from being published has wrecked the scam, hopefully forever.  Data used by the United Nations IPCC and NASA findings came from EAU.

14th February, 2010

Climategate U-turn as scientist at centre of row admits: There has been no global warming since 1995

Data for vital 'hockey stick graph' has gone missing (it has now been disclosed that all the “raw data” was DUMPED!

There has been no global warming since 1995

Warming periods have happened before - but NOT due to man-made changes

Phil Jones admitted his record keeping is 'not as good as it should be.  

WHAT????

[…]

Jones also conceded the possibility that the world was warmer in medieval times than now – suggesting global warming may not be a man-made phenomenon.

And he said that for the past 15 years there has been no ‘statistically significant’ warming.

Phil Jones has said that he considered suicide for his part in this worldwide scam.

Let us also recall: The e-mails leaked in the fall of 2009 allow us to trace the machinations of a small but influential band of British and US climate scientists who played the lead role in the IPCC reports.  It appears that this group, which controlled access to basic temperature data, was able to produce a "warming" by manipulating the analysis of the data, but refused to share information on the basic data or details of their analysis with independent scientists who requested them -- in violation of Freedom of Information laws.  In fact, they went so far as to keep any dissenting views from being published -- by monopolizing the peer-review process, aided by ideologically cooperative editors of prestigious journals, like Science and Nature.

We learn from the e-mails that the ClimateGate gang was able to "hide the decline" [of global temperature] by applying what they termed as "tricks," and that they intimidated editors and forced out those judged to be "uncooperative."  No doubt, thorough investigations, now in progress or planned, will disclose the full range of their nefarious activities.  But it is clear that this small cabal was able to convince much of the world that climate disasters were impending -- unless drastic steps were taken.  Not only were most of the media, public, and politicians misled, but so were many scientists, national academies of science, and professional organizations -- and even the Norwegian committee that awarded the 2007 Peace Prize to the IPCC and Al Gore, the chief apostle of climate alarmism.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1250872/Climategate-U-turn-Astonishment-scientist-centre-global-warming-email-row-admits-data-organised.html#ixzz0fa67A02t

There's even more recent evidence. They scrambled to explain the hiatus a few years ago. Several methods and manipulations were tried... finally one calculation was accepted. It involved the ocean temperatures. There are three ways that the ocean temperature is measured... the oldest being internal sensors that measure the water temperature being fed into the cooling system of engines on tankers... this would be similar to the temp gauge on your car. The other two are state of the art... by satellite... and by an ocean array of thousands of buoys that travel up and down the water columns. Both of the latter two are constantly calibrated and highly accurate.

Ok... following so far?

Let's say you wanted to "smooth" this complete data set. Which of those three methods described above would you weight? Maybe not enough information yet? One of the three reads much warmer than the other two... it's the engine intake port on tankers. Now... which readings would you weight?

Let me help you. The "scientific consensus" went along with weighting the internal engine sensor.

The result?

The hiatus disappeared. Tada..!!

This isn't the "science" I learned.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:Consider: Global Warming is a major issue to millions of young people, from high school students through university.  It's also an important issue to Bernie's followers and the majority of democrats.

Why do you suppose that is?

Because the overwhelming majority of climate scientists believe global warming is real and we're aggravating the situation by burning fossil fuels.

Why are you deniers so dedicated to burning fossil fuels? What's the great environmental advantage to pumping carbon dioxide into the atmosphere?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Well, Markle accused me of being a "far-left liberal" last week when I said I was really a political moderate. Being really a moderate, I will state that I am one of the 3% of scientists who are skeptical about climate change.

Shocked

cheers

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Joanimaroni wrote:

Shocked

cheers

What we're afraid of is the majority of scientists MIGHT be right, and if they are, and we let you deniers have your way (and I still don't understand what you're fighting for), we might be headed to an extinction event. You're fighting for the right to continue belching the exhaust of burning fossil fuel into the air. Why? We're soon approaching a point where there will be better costs in non-polluting methods. Just why are you pushing fossil fuel?

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Shocked

cheers

What we're afraid of is the majority of scientists MIGHT be right, and if they are, and we let you deniers have your way (and I still don't understand what you're fighting for), we might be headed to an extinction event.  You're fighting for the right to continue belching the exhaust of burning fossil fuel into the air.  Why? We're soon approaching a point where there will be better costs in non-polluting methods.  Just why are you pushing fossil fuel?

Who said any of that?

Deniers don't DENY that we need other forms of energy. Only that it come without taxpayers funding it for other people. When it becomes economically feasible, it will happen just like 55" plasma TV's are now common.

There is NOTHING the US can do which would change anything in our atmosphere. Talk with India and China for starters.

VectorMan

VectorMan

RealLindaL wrote:

Typical liberal BS. Someone doesn't agree with you then they're uneducated. Talk about "crap". Did you know those climate change "scientists" have access to wikipedia, and the like, to publish what they want heard?

I'll post whatever I damn well please. Unless I'm banned. Then I won't be able to post anything. But, what I do post doesn't mean you have to read it. So take a hike sister. You're just another fake liberal.

RealLindaL

Debunking Misinformation About Stolen Climate Emails in the "Climategate" Manufactured Controversy

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Earthquakes, tainted poisonous aquifers from fracking, tons of exhaust from burning gas, oil, and coal. Will any of you climate deniers please let us know why you are boosting increased fossil fuel usage? Anyone?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum