Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

It appears I was wrong on the Senate and Pace was right

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

Nate Silver just jumped the Republican chances of keeping the senate from 50% this morning to about 54%.........Nate Silver rarely makes mistakes, and the FBI letter helped down ballot 9 days ago.......It appears I was wrong with a one seat Democratic margin. I am a defeated man seeing this change from Nate Silver......without the senate, it is four years of hell. I also think that Hillary will probably be a one term President.

Sal

Sal

I don't trust any of the polling or the models at this point.

This cycle has had too much turbulence and too many variables.

I continue to fear a hidden pool of haters who will vote for Trump but will not admit it.

I don't think it will be enough to save him.

I think Clinton wins pulling away, and the Senate is an absolute tossup.

2seaoat

I thought until two weeks ago that the Senate was going Democratic. The same thing I have thought for two years. However if you look at Silver's polls after the FBI letter it dropped like a rock. Since just this morning he has dropped it 4% more.......this is not a toss up.......the Republicans may not win the White House because of an insane fascist, but to have Americans voting for more obstruction in the Senate......it is a mind blowing event which simply has knocked the wind out of me. The Senate is so fricking important and Silver had it 75% going to the democrats two weeks ago.......earth shattering because this was the structural senate race which every six years favors Democrats.....if they cannot win the senate in this election......Hillary will never see a congress which will not be obstructing.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Most betting markets still have democrats narrowly taking the senate, but with Silver moving the republicans up to 54%, I agree that it is a pure toss up.

2seaoat

I hope both of you are correct, but he has showed a 30% swing in two weeks......the damage has been done. I find the senate more important to the long term health of this country. Trump or Hillary will be one term presidents, but if we do not start moving legislative issues through congress after eight years of stonewalling.......this country is in deep trouble.

Sal

Sal

Dems back to 50.7% this morning ...

... so yeah, ...

... tossup.

2seaoat

Traditionally a good turn out favors Democrats. From the reports I am hearing it may be a historic turnout. This actually could end well for the senate, which in my mind is the most important battle in this election because a hillary win without a Democratic senate is a wasted four years.

The early voting in Florida is very encouraging. However, Indiana looked like a lock for a gain for democrats in the senate.......not so much. Same in NH......not so much. Those two races were critical.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum