Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thus far, Police acted properly in Charlotte. Victim, did not.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

Marijuana keyed action

[...]

Scott drew the attention of officers who were trying to serve an arrest warrant on an unrelated suspect at the Village at College Downs apartment complex in University City because they saw him rolling marijuana in his vehicle, Chief Kerr Putney said Saturday.

Police were going to let it go and continue on their original mission until an officer spotted a weapon in the vehicle, Putney said.

“It was not lawful for him to possess a firearm,” Putney said. “There was a crime he committed and the gun exacerbated the situation.”

Officer Brentley Vinson, who Putney said fired four shots at Scott, was not wearing a body cam, so his visual perspective was not part of the footage. Putney said that body cameras are being rolled out across the department and not all tactical officers have them yet.

Putney said the footage supports the larger fabric of evidence in the case, which includes accounts from officers at the scene, forensics and interviews with witnesses.

He said he has found nothing to indicate that Vinson acted inappropriately, given the totality of the circumstances, and he does not think his officers broke the law that day.

They were, he said, reacting to what appeared to be an imminent threat.

“At every encounter, people can make a decision to follow lawful, loud verbal commands and avert some things like this,” he said.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/crime/article103973781.html#storylink=cpy

2seaoat

Ok......here we go again with smoke and mirrors. The pot is a distraction. The gun visible in the vehicle is a distraction. I am however, very interested in the videos and facts which go to the imminent threat to the officer and the public. I am all ears, because both Pace and Mr. Markle have wasted our time with facts which distract from the central question..........this is beginning to smell. First, the still photo of a gun, which was shown not to be in the wife's video, and now releasing things which have nothing to do with the justification of the shooting. Did the victim have a gun and point the same at an officer or member of the public which was an imminent threat to the officer or the public. Why release irrelevant facts when the videos and body cameras go to the core issue. This is not about getting to the truth. This is about creating a dialogue to change the subject.

2seaoat wrote:Ok......here we go again with smoke and mirrors.   The pot is a distraction.   The gun visible in the vehicle is a distraction.   I am however, very interested in the videos and facts which go to the imminent threat to the officer and the public.   I am all ears, because both Pace and Mr. Markle have wasted our time with facts which distract from the central question..........this is beginning to smell.   First, the still photo of a gun, which was shown not to be in the wife's video, and now releasing things which have nothing to do with the justification of the shooting.    Did the victim have a gun and point the same at an officer or member of the public which was an imminent threat to the officer or the public.  Why release irrelevant facts when the videos and body cameras go to the core issue.  This is not about getting to the truth.   This is about creating a dialogue to change the subject.
Says the criminal consiprator....for someone so wise, why aren't you a cop? That's right, you're too old and worn out from playing a Pensacola Donald Trump and we minions should only follow the words of seaoat. The same seaoat who loves to second guess the military, yet didn't have the guts to serve. Guess what, you'll pay my retirement and your kids will pay my retirement and even probably some grandkids will pay for some of my retirement. $1600 per month and Tricare plus tax free VA payments. I'll thank you ahead of time.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Ok......here we go again with smoke and mirrors.   The pot is a distraction.   The gun visible in the vehicle is a distraction.   I am however, very interested in the videos and facts which go to the imminent threat to the officer and the public.   I am all ears, because both Pace and Mr. Markle have wasted our time with facts which distract from the central question..........this is beginning to smell.   First, the still photo of a gun, which was shown not to be in the wife's video, and now releasing things which have nothing to do with the justification of the shooting.    Did the victim have a gun and point the same at an officer or member of the public which was an imminent threat to the officer or the public.  Why release irrelevant facts when the videos and body cameras go to the core issue.  This is not about getting to the truth.   This is about creating a dialogue to change the subject.

Thus far, Police acted properly in Charlotte.  Victim, did not. Stirthepot-1

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum