Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hey Bob

+13
boards of FL
ZVUGKTUBM
Markle
RealLindaL
Telstar
Sal
Hospital Bob
knothead
Lisa12
dumpcare
2seaoat
Hallmarkgard
Joanimaroni
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 15]

351Hey Bob - Page 15 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/30/2016, 11:32 am

dumpcare

PkrBum wrote:I'm very sorry to report that Bob passed away this morning.

thank you, his girifriend just called me. I am lost for words but expected.

352Hey Bob - Page 15 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/30/2016, 12:00 pm

Telstar

Telstar

"I came to this forum because the PNJ forum disappeared. And what I hope to get out of it is a lot of things. Information, entertainment, you name it. But mostly I read it for the same reason I listen to talk radio. To let me know what other people are thinking about.
I have contact with plenty of people in the flesh but this augments that and broadens my input beyond that.
And there are the people who've become friends because I first made contact with them here and we decided to meet in person. And now just like in the "real world", one of those has died.
It's all good except that last part. Same as "real life"." Bob

R.I.P. Bob.

353Hey Bob - Page 15 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/30/2016, 12:08 pm

It was Bob and Teo that drew me to begin posting. Their humor and interesting take on things jumped from their written words and inspired me to join in. I'll miss them both for the rest of my life.

354Hey Bob - Page 15 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/30/2016, 12:10 pm

Sal

Sal

I'm sorry for what his friends and family in the real world, as well as we who have inhabited this virtual world with him, have lost with his passing.

RIP, Bob.

You will be remembered and missed.

355Hey Bob - Page 15 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/30/2016, 12:58 pm

knothead

knothead

Bob's passing is a huge loss here . . . more than Neko, more than Teo (to me) because Bob was just so interesting, smart, sense of humor and entertained me with his logical snarkism (that's NOT a word) but I will miss him so much . . .all our journeys/destinies will culminate in death and I have to believe this is exactly what Bob would have wanted in a quick departure . . . . I respect his wishes but his loss hangs heavy on my heart and that of his many friend/admirers here on this forum.

RIP Bob

356Hey Bob - Page 15 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/30/2016, 1:17 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

My heart is heavy......will always remember and miss Bob. A friend, on and thankfully off line.

357Hey Bob - Page 15 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/30/2016, 1:28 pm

Hallmarkgard

Bob was a great guy. He always liked to hear my stories about downtown back in the day We used to meet up and walk many different areas. He will be missed. I knew he was getting close and maybe I let him down by not going to see him for the last few days. To be honest, it was more than I could do. I, like all of you, will miss him. Damn it!!!

358Hey Bob - Page 15 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/30/2016, 1:33 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Hallmarkgard wrote:Bob was a great guy.  He always liked to hear my stories about downtown back in the day  We used to meet up and walk many different areas.  He will be missed.  I knew he was getting close and maybe I let him down by not going to see him for the last few days.   To be honest, it was more than I could do.  I, like all of you, will miss him.   Damn it!!!
I was down on the Bayfront last Sunday and thought about Bob. He would post about sitting there feeding the pigeons and enjoying rhe company of friends.

I wish I would have been there too.

Last edited by Joanimaroni on 10/30/2016, 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

359Hey Bob - Page 15 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/30/2016, 2:11 pm

RealLindaL

knothead wrote:Bob's passing is a huge loss here . . . more than Neko, more than Teo (to me) because Bob was just so interesting, smart, sense of humor and entertained me with his logical snarkism (that's NOT a word) but I will miss him so much . . .all our journeys/destinies will culminate in death and I have to believe this is exactly what Bob would have wanted in a quick departure . . . . I respect his wishes but his loss hangs heavy on my heart and that of his many friend/admirers here on this forum.

RIP Bob

What knot said.  I can add no more, other than the salt of my tears.   Just a terribly sad day for all of us, any way you look at it.

360Hey Bob - Page 15 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/30/2016, 2:20 pm

RealLindaL

Telstar wrote:"I came to this forum because the PNJ forum disappeared.  And what I hope to get out of it is a lot of things.   Information,  entertainment,  you name it.  But mostly I read it for the same reason I listen to talk radio.  To let me know what other people are thinking about.  
I have contact with plenty of people in the flesh but this augments that and broadens my input beyond that.
And there are the people who've become friends because I first made contact with them here and we decided to meet in person. And now just like in the "real world", one of those has died.
It's all good except that last part. Same as "real life"." Bob

R.I.P.  Bob.

Tel, it was very good of you to find and post this very meaningful and somehow comforting quote from Bob. Thank you.

361Hey Bob - Page 15 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/30/2016, 2:55 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Damn, Bob. Forum will never be the same.

362Hey Bob - Page 15 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/30/2016, 2:57 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

I don't think we ever realized how good we had it when we were younger people posting on the PNJ.

363Hey Bob - Page 15 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/30/2016, 3:23 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:I don't think we ever realized how good we had it when we were younger people posting on the PNJ.

It is time to thank you, Boards.

When the PNJ was winding down you stepped up and provided us with a continuation of our forum. You have maintained this site through turbulence and many personal problems you did not deserve. I appreciate you for giving an older group a place to continue. Though we argue and disagree,  deep meaningful friendships have developed....friendships on and off the forum. 

Thank you

Joani

BTW ....I LOVE WERTHER'S CANDY! you nailed that one.

364Hey Bob - Page 15 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/30/2016, 3:25 pm

dumpcare

Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:I don't think we ever realized how good we had it when we were younger people posting on the PNJ.

When the PNJ was winding down you stepped up and provided us with a continuation of our forum. You have maintained this site through turbulence and many personal problems you did not deserve. I appreciate you for giving an older group a place to continue. Though we argue and disagree,  deep meaningful friendships have developed....friendships on and off the forum. 

Thank you

Joani

I agree and I also love werther's, I have a few in there now.

365Hey Bob - Page 15 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/30/2016, 4:14 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Joanimaroni wrote:

Thank you

Joani

cheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheers

Hear, Hear, for Boards!

Very well said, Joanie!

Boards, we older Boomer-types appreciate you greatly for keeping this forum up! There is more to this place than just arguing about politics.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

366Hey Bob - Page 15 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/30/2016, 5:47 pm

RealLindaL

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Thank you

Joani

Hear, Hear, for Boards!

Very well said, Joanie!

Boards, we older Boomer-types appreciate you greatly for keeping this forum up! There is more to this place than just arguing about politics.

Some days there's just nothing to be done but echo other people.  What Joani and Z-man said, Boards!  You're the best for maintaining this forum through thick and thin.  

As for not duly appreciating our 'youth' when we had it, that's just human nature, I think, and it definitely has its benefits.  Keeps us from living in worry and dread of the impending losses of older age, so we can fully enjoy the good years.

Gather ye rosebuds while ye may,
Old Time is still a-flying...

367Hey Bob - Page 15 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/31/2016, 12:31 am

knothead

knothead

RealLindaL wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Thank you

Joani

Hear, Hear, for Boards!

Very well said, Joanie!

Some days there's just nothing to be done but echo other people.  What Joani and Z-man said, Boards!  You're the best for maintaining this forum through thick and thin.  

As for not duly appreciating our 'youth' when we had it, that's just human nature, I think, and it definitely has its benefits.  Keeps us from living in worry and dread of the impending losses of older age, so we can fully enjoy the good years.

Gather ye rosebuds while ye may,
Old Time is still a-flying...

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
I appreciate you all . . . .

368Hey Bob - Page 15 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/31/2016, 7:02 am

Well, I do hope Bob's seat at the table in the hereafter has good catfish and Teo is there ready with good conversation. So privileged to have met these two in person. They added much to my opinion of how opposites can sit down, talk calmly, and laugh their asses off. Oh...and tartar sauce...Bob loves good tartar sauce.

Wink

369Hey Bob - Page 15 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/31/2016, 2:39 pm

VectorMan

VectorMan

Such sad news. RIP Bob. You will be missed but never forgotten my friend.

I had the honor of hanging out with Bob a couple of times. What a great guy. He had some of the funniest stories I've ever heard. Sitting outside overlooking the golf course - enjoying some adult beverages, sharing a good meal and entertaining company. Awesome ribs and Good Times!

Remember those Good Times and know there is no more suffering. God Bless.

370Hey Bob - Page 15 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/31/2016, 6:35 pm

Markle

Markle

I never had the privilege to meet Bob but I always looked forward to his posts.

May God bless and comfort his loved ones and friends in this difficult time.

371Hey Bob - Page 15 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/31/2016, 9:05 pm

polecat

polecat

I also never met Bob but always respected his opinion and looked forward to reading his post. I also loved his sense of humor and will miss that most of all.

We are all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house, birth till death, we travel between the eternities.

so long Bob

372Hey Bob - Page 15 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/31/2016, 9:11 pm

polecat

polecat

373Hey Bob - Page 15 Empty Re: Hey Bob 11/1/2016, 9:58 pm

knothead

knothead

Thanks polecat, your sense of humor lightens my day . . . . RIP BOB.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum