Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hey Bob

+13
boards of FL
ZVUGKTUBM
Markle
RealLindaL
Telstar
Sal
Hospital Bob
knothead
Lisa12
dumpcare
2seaoat
Hallmarkgard
Joanimaroni
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 15]

301Hey Bob - Page 13 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/26/2016, 9:51 am

knothead

knothead

Thank You pkr . . . . . . !!!!

302Hey Bob - Page 13 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/26/2016, 10:10 am

No need to thank me. I really didn't do anything... just happened to have an old friend in the right place.

I know we all hope Bob will be comfortable and content. It sure would be nice to have him post again.

303Hey Bob - Page 13 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/26/2016, 10:18 am

2seaoat

I really didn't do anything.

No you provided Bob with a path. It will not be easy, but you started his journey with a sane option.

304Hey Bob - Page 13 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/27/2016, 9:00 pm

I'm afraid Bob has had a very bad day. Prayers and good wishes are in order.

305Hey Bob - Page 13 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/27/2016, 9:07 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I am so sorry.... my prayers continue for Bob. Please keep us posted.

306Hey Bob - Page 13 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/27/2016, 10:07 pm

knothead

knothead

PkrBum wrote:I'm afraid  Bob has had a very bad day. Prayers and good wishes are in order.

The tone of pkr's post is extremely troubling . . . . . allow me to join in the circle to support our dear friend Bob . . . . damnit!

307Hey Bob - Page 13 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/27/2016, 10:10 pm

2seaoat

None of this is going to be easy. The damn loss of mobility just crushes your spirit when facing all the other things which are on his plate. There are going to be bad days.

308Hey Bob - Page 13 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/27/2016, 10:29 pm

knothead

knothead

I cannot and will not judge here . . . none of us have a clue as to what it is like to take this journey, therefore, I am reduced to waiting for Bob's judgment as it is he who will decide . . . . sad? Absolutely, but to judge I cannot . . . just cannot . . . . hate it so much.

309Hey Bob - Page 13 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/28/2016, 1:01 am

RealLindaL

knothead wrote:
PkrBum wrote:I'm afraid  Bob has had a very bad day. Prayers and good wishes are in order.

The tone of pkr's post is extremely troubling . . . . . allow me to join in the circle to support our dear friend Bob . . . . damnit!

I'm with you, knot.  Hate that this is happening to such a good guy.  Sad

310Hey Bob - Page 13 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/28/2016, 1:14 am

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
knothead wrote:

I'm with you, knot.  Hate that this is happening to such a good guy.  Sad

I hate that it happens to just about anybody Linda. I've seen it happen to so many good guys, and gals. Sad

311Hey Bob - Page 13 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/28/2016, 1:40 am

RealLindaL

Telstar wrote:I hate that it happens to just about anybody Linda. I've seen it happen to so many good guys, and gals. Sad

Of course. I hear you and feel the same, Tel. Life just sucks in some respects, no way around it.

312Hey Bob - Page 13 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/28/2016, 8:13 am

About all that could be relayed to me because of hippa concerns was that he is unresponsive. He may be discharged today to his gf's daughters house. If anyone is able to visit please update us. Otherwise I should know when he's transferred... but little more. This sure is a helpless feeling.

313Hey Bob - Page 13 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/28/2016, 9:37 am

dumpcare

I just saw your post and immediately called his gf. Since I'm a friend and receiving this info from her I don't feel HIPPA is a problem.

They called her and his cousin this morning and they are both up there. He has been unresponsive since yesterday but restless and off all meds except morphine has been started and they were told it's either hours or a day or two until his suffering may be over. This is what was relayed to me with tears in my eyes.

314Hey Bob - Page 13 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/28/2016, 9:51 am

ppaca wrote:I just saw your post and immediately called his gf. Since I'm a friend and receiving this info from her I don't feel HIPPA is a problem.

They called her and his cousin this morning and they are both up there. He has been unresponsive since yesterday but restless and off all meds except morphine has been started and they were told it's either hours or a day or two until his suffering may be over. This is what was relayed to me with tears in my eyes.

Thank you... this is so hard.

315Hey Bob - Page 13 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/28/2016, 10:05 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

No idea if it is a progression of his cancer or maybe an infection. He was extremely alert when I saw him.

316Hey Bob - Page 13 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/28/2016, 10:30 am

dumpcare

I don't know either Joani, but as you can tell from previous posts I am throughly disgusted with solaris. He was alert the last time I saw him other than 30 minutes after they gave him 3 pills.

317Hey Bob - Page 13 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/28/2016, 10:47 am

Sal

Sal

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields
and until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Wishing you safe and gentle passage to whatever adventure awaits you next, Bob.

My heart is heavy.

The world is about to become a less interesting place.

But, I have a feeling that Teo is anxiously waiting on his friend to tell him that he now knows the real truth about 9/11.

318Hey Bob - Page 13 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/28/2016, 10:59 am

2seaoat

I have felt very uncomfortable about the position Bob has been in for the last month. Something is very fishy here. I am outraged. The cancer was stable with his immune therapy, and he was posting and reactive until it appears he was doped into oblivion to fill a bed. I worked for the public guardian in Illinois and saw elder abuse and neglect routinely where humans were stockpiled like cords of wood. This was thirty years ago, but in principle some things do not change. I hope it is not too late to get him the hell out of there and allow him to get to his home whether it is for a week a few days or two years. If you take hope away and drug a person into submission they do give up.

319Hey Bob - Page 13 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/28/2016, 11:10 am

Telstar

Telstar

Sal wrote:May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields
and until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Wishing you safe and gentle passage to whatever adventure awaits you next, Bob.

My heart is heavy.

The world is about to become a less interesting place.

But, I have a feeling that Teo is anxiously waiting on his friend to tell him that he now knows the real truth about 9/11.

Very nice Sal.

320Hey Bob - Page 13 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/28/2016, 11:18 am

Telstar

Telstar

Thank God nobody really fades away.

321Hey Bob - Page 13 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/28/2016, 11:19 am

RealLindaL

Too sad for words.

322Hey Bob - Page 13 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/28/2016, 12:56 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

RealLindaL wrote:Too sad for words.    

Really.... I am so glad I checked this thread this morning. I am at a loss for words. All I could do is stop/pause, close my eyes, and pray for Bob and all of his caregivers and helpers, which I just did. Sometimes that is all that is left.

I hold all of you who visited and/or helped Bob in high-esteem. We may fight and argue over in the Politics Section, but those sentiments change in situations like this.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

323Hey Bob - Page 13 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/28/2016, 1:14 pm

dumpcare

2seaoat wrote:I have felt very uncomfortable about the position Bob has been in for the last month.  Something is very fishy here.   I am outraged.  The cancer was stable with his immune therapy, and he was posting and reactive until it appears he was doped into oblivion to fill a bed.  I worked for the public guardian in Illinois and saw elder abuse and neglect routinely where humans were stockpiled like cords of wood.  This was thirty years ago, but in principle some things do not change.  I hope it is not too late to get him the hell out of there and allow him to get to his home whether it is for a week a few days or two years.   If you take hope away and drug a person into submission they do give up.

I agree and I'm pretty damn outraged. My wife said what the hell happened we saw him at his house a week before the surgery, he walked, he talked and laughed. I saw him two weeks ago although he didn't walk, he talked and laughed until they drugged him up. I let several things go with a snf/nursing home in gb when my sister and bil were in there and died, but I think they need investigating.

324Hey Bob - Page 13 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/28/2016, 1:36 pm

Sal

Sal

Y'all might be right about his medical care.

I have no way of judging that.

Bob told us many times about watching his mother whither away over a long period of time in a nursing home.

He told us that being confined in a situation like that would be his greatest nightmare, and he would prefer taking his own life to dying like that.

My impression (and that's all it is - I never met Bob personally, so I hope I don't offend anyone) is that he caught a glimpse of what he thought the future held for him, and he chose not to go down that path, and instead just shut down.

Maybe, I'm just telling myself that to feel better.

I don't know.

325Hey Bob - Page 13 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/28/2016, 1:45 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:Y'all might be right about his medical care.

I have no way of judging that.

Bob told us many times about watching his mother whither away over a long period of time in a nursing home.

He told us that being confined in a situation like that would be his greatest nightmare, and he would prefer taking his own life to dying like that.

My impression (and that's all it is - I never met Bob personally, so I hope I don't offend anyone) is that he caught a glimpse of what he thought the future held for him, and he chose not to go down that path, and instead just shut down.

Maybe, I'm just telling myself that to feel better.

I don't know.

Sal....I spent several hours with Bob on Saturday. The first 30 minutes of my visit was while he was in therapy...occupational. We went back to his room and talked...he was fine. However, it took two assistants to get him in the bed. His cousin came to visit and Yella was there. Very nice visit.....hard to imagine he is now unresponsive.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum