Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hey Bob

+13
boards of FL
ZVUGKTUBM
Markle
RealLindaL
Telstar
Sal
Hospital Bob
knothead
Lisa12
dumpcare
2seaoat
Hallmarkgard
Joanimaroni
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 15]

1Hey Bob Empty Hey Bob 9/15/2016, 12:39 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

How is it going?

2Hey Bob Empty Re: Hey Bob 9/15/2016, 12:51 pm

Hallmarkgard

Bob I am coming to see you this afternoon. I have a old laptop and tablet we can try to get working

3Hey Bob Empty Re: Hey Bob 9/15/2016, 2:36 pm

2seaoat

I hope you have success........this nice guy routine is killing me.   I want him back feeling good, going to garage sales, driving his car and enjoying a couple of years until the next great cure gets him back on his feet.  You are a good man Hallmark, even though I usually give you more crap than Bob.  I guess I will go run the lull and pull logs out of the causeway tubes.......that always lets me think that I am getting something done........the problem is my wife is 63 and her ability to chain up trees is getting less and less able.....but it keeps us both fighting the good fight, and what Bob is facing on the physical side is not going to be for sissies, so your support and inspiration will be important.  In the end this getting older is not for sissies, and I have nothing but respect for my friends who fought the good fight in rehab......I have nothing but good thoughts going Bob's way, and it makes me feel so good that Lisa and Eric and yourself are there to help a friend, I will probably never get to meet any of you, but it has been a pleasure knowing all of you on these forums. Oh and not too many of us have a caring insurance man who actually gives a chit.......pretty cool.

4Hey Bob Empty Re: Hey Bob 9/15/2016, 3:37 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I agree with you Seaoat. It is great to have friends on this forum.....and I can't say enough about our resident insurance guy.

5Hey Bob Empty Re: Hey Bob 9/15/2016, 4:11 pm

dumpcare

Thank you both.

6Hey Bob Empty Re: Hey Bob 9/15/2016, 10:16 pm

Lisa12

Just spoke with Bob. Everything is fine and he expects to be posting tomorrow Smile

7Hey Bob Empty Re: Hey Bob 9/15/2016, 10:26 pm

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:I hope you have success........this nice guy routine is killing me.   I want him back feeling good, going to garage sales, driving his car and enjoying a couple of years until the next great cure gets him back on his feet.  You are a good man Hallmark, even though I usually give you more crap than Bob.  I guess I will go run the lull and pull logs out of the causeway tubes.......that always lets me think that I am getting something done........the problem is my wife is 63 and her ability to chain up trees is getting less and less able.....but it keeps us both fighting the good fight, and what Bob is facing on the physical side is not going to be for sissies, so your support and inspiration will be important.  In the end this getting older is not for sissies, and I have nothing but respect for my friends who fought the good fight in rehab......I have nothing but good thoughts going Bob's way, and it makes me feel so good that Lisa and Eric and yourself are there to help a friend, I will probably never get to meet any of you, but it has been a pleasure knowing all of you on these forums.  Oh and not too many of us have a caring insurance man who actually gives a chit.......pretty cool.

cheers cheers cheers

8Hey Bob Empty Re: Hey Bob 9/16/2016, 8:24 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Thanks so much for all your love. Setback last night. A little too hard to keep posting now. Hopefully will be able to continue at some point

B9b

9Hey Bob Empty Re: Hey Bob 9/16/2016, 8:27 am

Sal

Sal

Hang tough and keep fighting the good fight, Bob!

10Hey Bob Empty Re: Hey Bob 9/16/2016, 8:39 am

Sorry Bob. Therapists push pretty hard... don't get too worn out too soon. It's not a race.

11Hey Bob Empty Re: Hey Bob 9/16/2016, 10:41 am

This will make Bob happy. Tim Cook (CEO Apple) singing a song you know by that group the Seaoat hates but Bob loves.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1327471/Apple-s-Tim-Cook-jams-Sweet-Home-Alabama-James-Corden.html

12Hey Bob Empty Re: Hey Bob 9/16/2016, 11:19 am

Telstar

Telstar

SheWrites wrote:This will make Bob happy.  Tim Cook (CEO Apple) singing a song you know by that group the Seaoat hates but Bob loves.  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1327471/Apple-s-Tim-Cook-jams-Sweet-Home-Alabama-James-Corden.html

Sigh, I was hoping it would be an Allman Brothers song.

13Hey Bob Empty Re: Hey Bob 9/16/2016, 12:29 pm

dumpcare

Just talked to Bob he's doing good, going to take a nap before some more therapy. We were discussing both are problems and he said what the hell is happening to us I didn't think people got these things until 80.

Mine may be own fault since I have not been telling the full truth to the doctor's when I see them. Ask me how many bouts of diverticulitis I've had and I said oh around 3 in the past couple years. Also could never finish a full course of what antibiotics they put you own. I am forcing myself this time and already threw up once this morning. Fact is since about 49 I've had about 20 or so, this one being the worst. If the antibiotics don't work will probably have a resection.

14Hey Bob Empty Re: Hey Bob 9/16/2016, 6:27 pm

RealLindaL

Ppaca I'm so sorry for your awful discomfort, and hope you don't have to have the surgery, but if I'm reading this right it sounds as if you're finally leveling with your docs. Good. I'm sure you realize that you only handicap their attempts to help when you withhold info.

Please let us know how you're doing as all this progresses -- hopefully to a conclusion other than surgery, but even if so. Fingers crossed for you.

15Hey Bob Empty Re: Hey Bob 9/16/2016, 9:26 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Ppaca. ...I developed problems with the two antibiotics that are used for the aerobic and anaerobic microbes. My last flare up my medication was changed to one antibiotic and it took care of the problem. I could not take the Cipro/ Levoquin or the Flagyl.

See about changing meds.

16Hey Bob Empty Re: Hey Bob 9/16/2016, 9:39 pm

dumpcare

Joanimaroni wrote:Ppaca. ...I developed problems with the two antibiotics that are used for the aerobic and anaerobic microbes. My last flare up my medication was changed to one antibiotic and it took care of the problem. I could not take the Cipro/ Levoquin or the Flagyl.

See about changing meds.

Do you remember the one antibiotic? The surgeon said you didn't need two drugs anyway (don't know) he said flagyl would do it, but he did prescribe bactrim ds and flagyl.

17Hey Bob Empty Re: Hey Bob 9/16/2016, 10:02 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Amoxicillin

18Hey Bob Empty Re: Hey Bob 9/16/2016, 10:41 pm

knothead

knothead

Joanimaroni wrote:Amoxicillin

500 mg

19Hey Bob Empty Re: Hey Bob 9/17/2016, 12:38 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Yes.

20Hey Bob Empty Re: Hey Bob 9/17/2016, 9:11 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'm pulling for you ppaca Ole bud. Godspeed.

21Hey Bob Empty Re: Hey Bob 9/17/2016, 9:17 am

dumpcare

Hospital Bob wrote:I'm pulling for you ppaca Ole bud.  Godspeed.

Thanks and I'm pulling for you man. Mine does not even compare to what you're going through.

How are you doing this morning?

22Hey Bob Empty Re: Hey Bob 9/19/2016, 2:06 pm

dumpcare

Bob don't forget what we talked about today. Rehab case worker, 3 consecutive days in a hospital and a doctor's approval.

23Hey Bob Empty Re: Hey Bob 9/19/2016, 3:27 pm

Markle

Markle

I'm keeping all my friends here in my prayers as many of us seem to be succumbing to our advancing years.

This getting old thing sure ain't for sissies!

24Hey Bob Empty Re: Hey Bob 9/19/2016, 8:50 pm

dumpcare

It certainly isn't. I wonder if there is a geriatric forum? Oh there are a couple.

http://www.forumgeriatrics.org/

http://www.topix.com/forum/med/geriatric-medicine

25Hey Bob Empty Re: Hey Bob 9/20/2016, 9:34 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ppaca wrote:Bob don't forget what we talked about today. Rehab case worker, 3 consecutive days in a hospital and a doctor's approval.

Thanks for the inside tip.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 15]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum